• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
went swimming today and i musta got water deep in my ear cuz whenever I shook my head/felt an impact I heard a loud BOING inside my head, **** was odd

has this ever happened to anyone?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Shout-out to BSL for telling us about spotify, way better than Pandora.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I've never been interested in Spotify. The only reason I ever even use Pandora (and the use is rare, worth noting) is because it's there and immediate, so it doesn't really matter if it almost never really introduces me to anything worthwhile. I'm generally just not the type of person to discover music by randomly shuffling through songs out of context like that.

I usually find it more effective to just keep tabs on certain music media sites like Stereogum or Noisey or certain music forums (or, yes, even Pitchfork) and check out whatever looks good. It directs my focus toward stuff I might actually like since I'm controlling where I'm looking, rather than having a website guessing at it based on other songs and just throwing stuff at my ears.

For example, by checking up on Stereogum every once in a while, I found this song and have pretty much listened to it nonstop for the past two weeks. I never would have found it on Pandora or Spotify.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
[19:44:17] S2: that's what I think every time I see a booty too
[19:44:21] S2: I'm like
[19:44:23] S2: EEEEEEEEEEY
[19:44:26] Mynheer Ramses: EYYYYYYYYYYYY
[19:44:33] DRB | Juushichi: I would switch out my current sig for that
[19:44:37] DRB | Juushichi: EEEEEEYYYYYYYY

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Usually I've found music through a mixture of individual searching around the internet and word of mouth. Pandora's introduced me to some good stuff (Mogwai, for example), but it's pretty rare for me to go out and say "I HAVE TO GET THIS NOW." It's kinda hard to hit that point when a majority of what you're listening to there is stuff you've already got because you searched for that channel in the first place. It's why I don't really use spotify--between my own music library (small as it is) and whatever pandora can offer, I'd be listening to ultimately the same things. The only thing it can give me is stuff from other albums I don't have and there's youtube for that.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I didn't use pandora a lot, but when I had a psp, I mostly listen to Internet radio in my portable console.
Today, I'm regualry just looking through music on YouTube or I heart radio, especially VEVO.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Guys I gotta enter a pokemon online tournament and i'm not good at this thing can someone help me please it's for the children

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I listen to electronica, so Spotify also helps me find a lot of new stuff I like through that.

Example: I have a group I like, so I search the name in the Albums, and it brings up all cross-artist compilation albums that feature my liked artist. Then I can find new artists that are on that same album.

Gangnam Style is one of my new favorite songs.

EEEEEEEEEEEY SEXY LAYDEH

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
I hate how youtube deletes your "Like" history after 100 videos or so. I've lost so much good music on the premises that I could later go back and listen to it again :(.

went swimming today and i musta got water deep in my ear cuz whenever I shook my head/felt an impact I heard a loud BOING inside my head, **** was odd

has this ever happened to anyone?
Yeah I've gotten this before a couple times. It can make you feel dizzy and lose your sense of depth perception, which feels weird to say the least :urg:.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
DGamers going to WHOBO? I know I'm driving through Louisiana and picking up BSL so we can stay at Gova's. Who are we going to meet us there?

NOTE: By attending, you run the risk of being conscripted into a rolling squad of hype.
This is a really good reason to try to go. However no ride in CO so I'll be looking forward to the stories afterwards. ^^

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'd love to visit Japan whenever I get the chance. Might do a bit of traveling during my winter break and plan to go to Italy or Japan.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I've always wanted to check out Japan. Mostly in tokyo for anime convention events, Tokyo game shows, and other stores such as Sega.

Just thinking bout makes me want to go even more. There's no stopping me when it comes to that, you know?

Swiss

Smash Lord
>mfw police say they want to "re-interview" me
>mfw gonna get a criminal record
>be in pub before hand, caling myself
>mfw I get call saying if I admit charges I receive a caution
>mmmmmfffffffffwwwwww solictor calls saying police change mind last minute and take no further action

>MFW FREE MAN

>no pics on work comp<

Top Bottom