• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Note to anybody waiting on me to review a set-up, I'll have it done by this Sunday. College and stuff.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
can i be a mod here to review set ups? since i dont play mafia and stuff. it'll give you mods more opportunities to play together.

Axel

J|Zεη
Nabe what was the avatar you had before from? The boy (girl).

Edit: Actually after just watching the 4th episode I'm pretty sure it was from the Game of Thrones. Show is sick yo. But confusing. I don't know who's on who's side at all haha.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
If I were to "recruit" somebody to review set-ups, they would not be a moderator, that's a responsibility that's entirely different from what reviewing set-ups entails. They would only review set-ups, not be keeping discussions clean and stuff. Perhaps they would get discussion leader. But do not ask for positions because I'm sure you can figure out why.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
orly? i thought mods were the same thing as set up reviewers. my b.

also i was just offering cause i dont do anything else. dont worry about it.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
i dont know if anyone is on the fence on playing tera, but the headstart begins this weekend and i have a few codes for those that want to try it before the game officially launches

9WD4MAM6HFE5NTTTYJ7WDCFRY
GYFJWJ3TYWK49KFAADG9NHMC3
RMKAC3GKPFE6CENTEKEYK6ANM

you just have to make an account on the site and enter the code, then you can play the 28th-30th

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Three finals done in the same day (hiyeah) and now I'm done with school until summer classes start.

Now what am I ever going to do with all this free time?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
That feel when still no mafia game and hasn't played mafia in 2 weeks

i'm getting withdrawals

Axel

J|Zεη
you scalawag
(read the books)
I was thinking of doing so actually so I wont have to wait every week. Is the show no good to you? Btw which of the characters is Jeffery? I swear they call the sadistic kid Jeffery but then there is some other Jeffery that's his dad or something? Have they shown him?

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
I was thinking of doing so actually so I wont have to wait every week. Is the show no good to you? Btw which of the characters is Jeffery? I swear they call the sadistic kid Jeffery but then there is some other Jeffery that's his dad or something? Have they shown him?
Joffery (you scalawag) is the sadistic kid. Watch it from the beginning or something if you're confused, I don't want to spoil things or whatever.

The show is fantasticawesome. The books are better, but that's always the case because books are a saturated and interpretive medium. Check them out.

#HBC | ѕoup

don't listen to him Soup! Forget your roots! Forget them faster if you already are!!!
Let me tell you what Epicmafia is like. It's like binge drinking on the heaviest scotch you can find, and while you're sitting there and drinking yourself to death, the mediocrity and setting of the place is so depressing that you can't even stop to think of anything better then to down the poison you've been given.

then you either die from alcohol poisoning or pass out. If you happen to just pass out you wake up the next morning in the exact same position and place you were in, and the thought is so unsettling still that you go immediately back to drinking the heavy scotch, just hoping one day you don't wake up.

Deep thoughts, I know.

The point of it is that Epicmafia is terrible and I regret every minute I spent on it.

#HBC | ѕoup

I'm going to count the number of reports made in a succession of 24 Hours in Epicmafia for everyone.

About 60 Reports filed in a matter of 24 hours.

I love you all and I'm so glad I found DGames.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Let me tell you what Epicmafia is like. It's like binge drinking on the heaviest scotch you can find, and while you're sitting there and drinking yourself to death, the mediocrity and setting of the place is so depressing that you can't even stop to think of anything better then to down the poison you've been given.

then you either die from alcohol poisoning or pass out. If you happen to just pass out you wake up the next morning in the exact same position and place you were in, and the thought is so unsettling still that you go immediately back to drinking the heavy scotch, just hoping one day you don't wake up.

Deep thoughts, I know.

The point of it is that Epicmafia is terrible and I regret every minute I spent on it.
i got lucky and found it while the community was still fairly small and tight knit, before trolls and all. it was great back then.

#HBC | ѕoup

i got lucky and found it while the community was still fairly small and tight knit, before trolls and all. it was great back then.
I was around then, I've been around sagging like dirt for 3 years now. It just gets progressively worse and worse, I think the biggest breaking point was when EM 3.0 split the lobbies.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Soup. You're probably the only person on this site that gives one iota of concern for what happens on epicmafia and you won't type this on epicmafia because you know you'll be ridiculed by Crypto (again) with something along the lines of when you were on your Chihaya account and got lynched as lawyer. You literally have or will play your games with Dave or someone from the circlejerk in order to buffer your own playstyle. You play a game with 200 other players and if you had the choice would preferentially choose to limit yourself to play with only 8 of the same players over the span of a month. You're gaming the system because you don't want to play with "*******" because you don't want to adjust your playstyle to fit meta that would be convincing to "*******." Unfortunately these "*******" are the general community and the only thing they probably learn from watching you play with Dave and whatever small group you guys come in is that they need to form their own mob of friends to control a game.

#HBC | ѕoup

I generally dislike the way games are played in epicmafia and stomach it to play with Dave and the alike, I have no aspirations to do anything else but I do bulid myself up if i'm doing well in a round and I have enough time.

I don't really care about Crypto, he gives me **** but the thought never really occurs my mind that much.

There's a huge difference here, I generally like everyone here and I like the community, I haven't found much problems here and people were accepting even when I was cocky or arrogant. I like the attitude overall and feel like I don't have be abrasive to everything, people don't get upset when they lose and certainly i haven't had to spend 10 minutes of my day arguing why I didn't lynch someone.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
There is that component on this site as well, but the meta runs a bit differently. It's hard for me to exactly place in words, however I would say that this site gives more leeway for newcomers to not be policy lynched on the basis of being new and being new also has benefits, like when I rejoined and played J's Kingdom Hearts mafia setup and couldn't be meta-evaluated. Meta-evaluations can also run counter to veteran players, such as when I used meta on Raziek in Moderator Mafia, noting that his play was not up to what I considered to be his standard town play. On epicmafia, there are people that just take the whole inside-outside mentality with blind prejudice and don't consider weighing it on either side of the scale. This is especially tipped at the end of runs when it has become almost mandatory for trophy runners to tip the majority of their room with friends and for them to be completely leaning in favor of the runner getting the last points needed to win.

#HBC | ѕoup

And the thing about my preference isn't about *******, it's generally how everything acts and how everyone plays out, I could tell you that I'd probably prefer playing all my games with Insanoflex or Dave any day, because he truly understands the need for communication and working together, the biggest problem with Epicmafia right is the fact they are burying themselves because nobody wants to work with anyone, they just want assume they're right and assume that people will follow them. I like the general willingness to work with each other here, and the general agreement it takes at the end of the day feels rewarding and worth it, never did I feel at the end of an EM game that I had some sort of attachment to another player or they helped me achieve my win, I feel that it was mostly on me and how well I read people, using meta or not.

#HBC | ѕoup

It can work in a way that Epicmafia plays, but constantly players who transition to Forum Mafia get buried. I'd say at this point it's really about preference at this point, but I think the more realistic way of mafia and what it was always intended about was working together for a common goal and understanding people through uses of social interaction.

Epicmafia is the bottom of the barrel for this factor.

Top Bottom