• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
When you think that everyone outside of two players is the equivalent of Anne Sullivan you know that something is either fundamentally wrong with you or them.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
When you think that everyone outside of two players is the equivalent of Anne Sullivan you know that something is either fundamentally wrong with you or them.
But I don't, there's plenty of other prospective players that I enjoy playing with, but it's marginal, I realize it's a bit selfish for me to think this way but it's really my only way to enjoy a game of epicmafia.

#HBC | ѕoup

Everything else ticks me off to no end, reading the forums and all the **** that goes on, reading the reports, even reading Dave complain about the stupidest ****, and he does it a lot. I realize that it's a game and people get emotional but there has to be a line between emotionally sane and insane, sometimes I feel that line can be crossed many times.

I think that could be fixed if people just gained a better attitude about everything.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
I'm going to stop this discussion. If you're not even going to be pragmatic about stopping something that you dislike, then me beating you over the head is going to just be a waste of my afternoon.

#HBC | ѕoup

I've talked to goodbar about it, It's really become more of a "**** there's nothing to do i better just waste away some time on EM" thing, I don't really dedicate my time and effort as much as I did, and more and more I feel less attached to everything, I think i'll finally just leave one of these days, maybe when my life starts moving, right now i'm just kind of sitting.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Tactics :p

I'm replaying it now and its still as fun as it was when I first played it.

:phone:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
FF4 is good, but it's not strictly PSX. If you're choosing one of 7,8 & 9 I'd play 9 first. I'd say it's the least complicated, has the best translation and is the most fun to play. On the other hand, if you're choosing between those three, you can't really go wrong.

And X-1? Sign up for Gorf's small, would you?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Need replacements for Kuz and GLG in Newbie Mafia, don't really care who.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Then I would suggest 9, it has a simple class system compared to 7 and 8, plus it has the best soundtrack.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Alright, listen the **** up. Stop hosting privates.

For real.

There are THREE privates going on, and GORF is hosting one of them, when it's his game in the queue! What the ACTUAL ****?!

John2k4

The End of an Era
[1:03:48 PM] Ryan : another private game shows up
[1:03:57 PM] Ryan : rip queue

Quote of the day. :b:

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
SIGNUPS ARE NOW OPEN FOR GLYPHMONEY'S 'PRIVATE MAFIA GAME' MAFIA!

Its a private game because its experimental hurry and sign up

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
hahahahahahahaha

@Soup/Acro:

The death of EpicMafia for me was a slow one. There were a few rounds where I made a concerted trophy run. Some faded due to bad luck, some to busy-ness. But then I had one good one. A very good one, actually, as all the players I was meeting seemed to have their heads screwed on straight and just played good games. A ton of many-strong-townies games and a couple of strong scum games, and I was in the top quarter of the first page, inching my way toward the top. But then.

Trolls.

All kinds. People losing games on purpose. ****in' with the games. Any nonsense you can imagine. Sometimes an entire mob of them would be in the game, making me think I'm in the alternate dimension the original Bizzaro was from, as actual playing of the game fades to the background. One game had me particular furious, as I had died on the night leading into lylo having pinned the last scum and yelled up a storm about it. It was a 3man lylo with nobody clear, but the two townies were smart and managed to puzzle each other out, then start to turn toward the last scum. He then threw a temper tantrum and ragequit, causing the game to go unranked. After it had gone on for two, ****ing, hours.

The next day, he did the exact same god damn thing as an outplayed townie. I was a dead yak, watching my scumbuddy win the argument and fistpumpin, until that **** happened. Somehow, this guy was tremendously popular on the site, with people cheerfully calling him by name everytime he showed up in a game and thousands of Karma. ****in' despicable.

So yeah, a short run of troll games and I plummeted down the first page and was doomed. I did try to make a trophy run a few rounds later, but the first like five games I played all got trolled, and I swore off trying to get a trophy at all.

Then they brought in the thing where you can't copypaste reports and role information. Yay! ...but a very vocal chunk of the community was up in arms about it, because it makes the game harder and they have to actually scumhunt. That is almost word for word what was being said, though they of course avoided saying "have to actually scumhunt" even though that is clearly the nature of the objection. Totally ridiculous.

Little things like that developed over time and made me realize the site really has become a ****hole, and I haven't gone back in like three years or something.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Xiivi probably reviewed it, and said that it was good for hosting. Did he specifically say that your specific private could be run at that time/place, though?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Replaying Chrono Cross.

After this I'm going to play one of the PSX Final Fantasy's for the first time. Someone tell me which one to pick.
As an avid PSX FF player, I strongly recommend FF7. I like FF8 and FF9 as well too honestly, they're all such good games, but FF7 is the most interesting (at least to me) as far as plot construction/twists go. It's just so crazy if you're not familiar with the story line. I also really like the OST. I like FF8's romance/music and I also enjoyed FF9's music/setting, but FF7 wins out for me of the three.

I would also recommend Final Fantasy Tactics since that's my second favorite game of the Final Fantasies on the PlayStation, but it's a strategy based game somewhat similar to Fire Emblem's lay out and isn't the same as FF7-FF9. It's also really hard for someone who hasn't played it before.

FFT Spoiler:
There are several points in the game where, if you save over your file, you can't go back to the world map until you win a battle. I had the unfortunate luck of saving over my file before fighting the Lucavi version of Wiegraf, who is pretty hard if you don't know he's coming. I got stuck for a really long time and eventually I ended up having to start the game over.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
It doesn't matter much that you didn't tell me this, it just appears a bit conniving.
I def. told you this...

Nvm, PM history tells me it was Raziek not you lol. Sorry.

Xiivi probably reviewed it, and said that it was good for hosting. Did he specifically say that your specific private could be run at that time/place, though?

I told him I had a setup waiting to launch and if he had any reservations about that to say so now, showed him the setup.

He literally said: "Go for it."

Axel

J|Zεη
Man this next week is going to be hell. So much work to catch up on before the semester ends.

Brain Teaser time:

Use spoiler or collapse tags if you have already come across this riddle before. Otherwise open discussion is fine. No google of course.

You've been abducted by Aliens! Fortunately (or unfortunately) you're not alone as 9 others have been abducted along with you. The aliens are a part of an intergalactic society and would like to test if the human race is worthy of joining their confederation. If not the human race will be destroyed!

[glow]:O[/glow]

[glow]"Humans! Tomorrow we line you up in a single-file line, one in-front of the other. Each person will be able to see all of the people in front of him, but may not look any other direction. Each of you will be given a Cyan Hat or a Red Hat randomly. You may not see what color hat you are wearing, but as you can see the people in front of you, you will be able to see their hats. Starting from the back of the line and progressing forward, each person will guess out loud which color hat they believe they are wearing. You may speak only "Cyan" or "Red". If you are wrong you will be immediately obliterated a long with the country you represent on your planet. If you guess right, you will live. You may not communicate in any other way. This includes voice queues."[/glow]

After this, the aliens left you all in a room to discuss how to go about tomorrow's event. What is the maximum number of lives you can guarantee and how?

(the distribution of hats is random. Could be 10 red, 9 cyan; 8 red, 2 cyan; 5 red, 5 cyan; etc.)

Type in "zerg rush" in google... just do it XD
I love it

Top Bottom