• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
So I decided to look around the internet to see if there was any new news on the status of Toonami's comeback, and that naturally lead me to videos of old Toonami bumper videos on youtube, which then lead me to videos of The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest.

Elementary school me is freaking the **** out right now.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
**** jerkus I remember that show

I remember actually being creeped out by that one episode with the shadows that murder people that they ended up killing with halogen lamps. That art style was pretty legit.

Some people say kids are spoiled today growing up where like an xbox 360 or PS3 is the first console they ever play and they get iPods and cellphones in primary school and movies have high-tech CGI and nobody rents movies because they're all on the web. I say hell naw my childhood steamrolls over theirs : crossarms:

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
On a related note, has anyone gone back to revisit stuff they loved as a kid for nostalgic reasons and come out having decided that it holds up well and just is good in general, even by a non-kids show standard?

In the last couple years I've done that and been pleasantly surprised with how a lot of it holds up.

Johnny Bravo, Batman: TAS, Superman: TAS, Justice League: TAS, and ReBoot all still own, really hard.

Spiderman: TAS did not hold up well. I haven`t rewatched much, but I think I`ve seen enough to know I just wouldn`t care for it this time around. It just felt so much cooler and darker and just better back in the day. Ah well, I'll always have the memories.

So yeah, I've got a good batting average with revisited nostalgia right now.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
and the last episode to Spiderman TAS was just nuts

scarlet spider carnage attempting to destroy every single dimensional reality, and a bunch of different dimension's spider-men trying to stop him, then our spider-man gets scarlet spider carnage's uncle ben to remind him to fight against the symbiote, and the guy goes nuts and kills himself to stop the dimension destroying machine, and then our spider-man visits OUR WORLD where he is just a fictional character, and he meets Stan Lee, voiced by Stan Lee, and they web-sling around and talk philosophy and reality and growing up

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
OMFG TOM YOU'RE SUCH A NERD GTFO

**** jerkus I remember that show

I remember actually being creeped out by that one episode with the shadows that murder people that they ended up killing with halogen lamps. That art style was pretty legit.
Dude, no kidding. I forgot how dark this show was. I've started rewatching the series, and a dude straight up dies of nerve gas poisoning in episode 2. On screen. I actually can't figure out why I was allowed to watch this when I was 6. I think my mom maybe wasn't concerned with my mental health back then.

It's also kind of awesome how laughable Quest World looks now, considering how obsessed with it I was back in the day.

On a related note, has anyone gone back to revisit stuff they loved as a kid for nostalgic reasons and come out having decided that it holds up well and just is good in general, even by a non-kids show standard?
I do this from time to time. Most recently with Hey Arnold, I believe, which held up pretty well.

And holy balls, REBOOT. That show. That ****ing show. I need to check back up on that one. And 90's Batman. And Samurai Jack. And Zoids. And OUTLAW STAR. I'm about to go on such a Toonami-stalgia binge.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Dude, no kidding. I forgot how dark this show was. I've started rewatching the series, and a dude straight up dies of nerve gas poisoning in episode 2. On screen. I actually can't figure out why I was allowed to watch this when I was 6. I think my mom maybe wasn't concerned with my mental health back then.
I think I have a peculiar obsession with seeing **** that would never fly nowadays when revisiting childhood shows I loved. It's just cool to see the writers and artists and etc for a ''kids show'' say ''**** kiddy stuff we're gonna make a GOOD show and kids will watch it anyway''. The number of sex jokes and double entendres and body counts of Batman-Justice League TAS is really surprising. A main character actually gets killed off super suddenly onscreen (won't spoil which show) on one of 'em, and I remember sitting straight up in my couch and yelling ''WHAT?'' when it happened.

Anyway, I take it that's some rewatchable **** right there?

And holy balls, REBOOT. That show. That ****ing show. I need to check back up on that one. And 90's Batman. And Samurai Jack. And Zoids. And OUTLAW STAR. I'm about to go on such a Toonami-stalgia binge.
ReBoot holds up well. Really well. Adult Enzo and Andraia are just as bad-*** as you remember, it's not nostalgia goggling. The earlier episodes are kinda shaky, but it finds its feet pretty quickly. Any show by Mainframe Entertainment seemed to get away with a lot of **** they shouldn't thanks to loopholes about the characters not being human or something.

Also, I forgot Samurai Jack. That definitely held up. The scene where Jack kills a bunch of assassins in the time it takes a water droplet to hit the ground from an eavestrough is probably one of my favorite scenes in anything.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I just wish they'd make the ****ing movie already and finish the story

JJ Abrams already wants to throw a mountain of money at it so it's really only Tartakovsky holding it up

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I re-played both Ruby and Fire red not too long ago actually, I'm not into the competitive business and I don't think I ever will

Ruby -
Blaziken - Lvl 55
Flygon -Lvl 48
Magneton - Lvl 51
Armaldo - Lvl 48
Skarmory - Lvl 43
Groudon - Lvl 53

Fire Red -
Blastoise - lvl 53
Haunter - lvl 49
Zapdos - lvl 55
Snorlax - lvl 38
Dragonair - lvl 35
Scyther - lvl 28

Just beat the elite four in Fire red yesterday, I know I will have some things to do in Sevii islands so hopefully I can grind my weaker pokemon some more then, it was surprisingly easy tbh

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'm in the middle of a Diamond run because my brain absorbed NOTHING about that game.

Using Pokes I've never used before, current team (all imported from HG):

Shellder
Drifloon
Vulpix
Porygon-Z
Trapinch
Zubat

#HBC | ѕoup

I really wish I didn't have to trade to Evolve Haunter.

I'm thinking about cheatng and using a Gameshark but that's against my code of using cheats in any pokemon game besides Pokemon Blue (lol Infinite Rare Candies)

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
I really wish I didn't have to trade to Evolve Haunter.

I'm thinking about cheatng and using a Gameshark but that's against my code of using cheats in any pokemon game besides Pokemon Blue (lol Infinite Rare Candies)
Imagine you're a child with no friends.

Would young, friendless Soupamario really balk at getting himself a Gengar? It's the one thing he's ever wanted; should he be held back just because he's a loser and a loner? Would you really do that to him?

#HBC | ѕoup

I had a great childhood actually and I traded with my friends at school all the time :cool:

But I guess you're right it doesn't really matter if I cheat for it.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
and the last episode to Spiderman TAS was just nuts

scarlet spider carnage attempting to destroy every single dimensional reality, and a bunch of different dimension's spider-men trying to stop him, then our spider-man gets scarlet spider carnage's uncle ben to remind him to fight against the symbiote, and the guy goes nuts and kills himself to stop the dimension destroying machine, and then our spider-man visits OUR WORLD where he is just a fictional character, and he meets Stan Lee, voiced by Stan Lee, and they web-sling around and talk philosophy and reality and growing up
Dude I ****ing loved the ending of Spiderman TAS. Heck, the whole series was great.

I do admit, though, that the animation doesn't hold up at all now, heh. The plot and such was great, though. The MJ and water guy stuff was fantastic.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744

In the last couple years I've done that and been pleasantly surprised with how a lot of it holds up.

Johnny Bravo, Batman: TAS, Superman: TAS, Justice League: TAS, and ReBoot all still own, really hard.

Spiderman: TAS did not hold up well. I haven`t rewatched much, but I think I`ve seen enough to know I just wouldn`t care for it this time around. It just felt so much cooler and darker and just better back in the day. Ah well, I'll always have the memories.

So yeah, I've got a good batting average with revisited nostalgia right now.
Monster Rancher was so cool

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
More like:
Flygon / Freenite / Magnezone / Forretress / Freetar / Gliscor

I hate myself I hate myself I hate myself I hate myself I hate myself I hate myself I hate myself I hate myself I hate myself
That's not to standard because there's a Flygon.
And is that a delicious defensive Gliscor or Sand Veil? If defensive, baton pass? :v
I mean, it looks reasonably balanced for a team. Just have no idea what you're going to do against a Rain team or subSD Terrakion.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Yeh. Still needs a few tweaks but it's fun to play with, to say the least.

Still ****ing hate myself for making a dragmag team though. :glare:

Orboknown

Smash Hero
wut

also I'm pretty sure the other team was when he played baseball?

The only thing I know about soccer is Mia Hamm.
I'm on season 2 and I swear it's getting better. So amazing.

dude this space jam song.
he played for two teams in the NBA. the bulls, retire to go play baseball for a minor league team, play for the bulls, then washington.
I thought most people would know that MJ played for the Bulls, but probably not the Wizards. The baseball team he played for was the Cubs I think. I need to get at that Adventure Time.
Minor league team. not ever the majors.
Did I miss my chance to talk up Adventure Time? Everybody watch Adventure Time. Do it watch Adventure Time do it do it.

See what you're missing? Do it do it doitdoitdoit.

I missed the last episode I'm a bad person
I watched like two episodes. didn't find it that great :/

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's almost like using weather, too bread and butter to avoid these days.
Just do what I do: Make a team so intentionally obnoxious people quit mid-battle and you laugh all the way to a win. :p

Whimsicott/Jirachi/Togekiss/Wish Blissey/Ferrethorn/Mixmence (for if they haven't left yet)

It shouldn't win: but it does.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Just do what I do: Make a team so intentionally obnoxious people quit mid-battle and you laugh all the way to a win. :p

Whimsicott/Jirachi/Togekiss/Wish Blissey/Ferrethorn/Mixmence (for if they haven't left yet)

It shouldn't win: but it does.
Why have I seen something like this before?

Also Sableye>Whimsi****er. I wanna see that thing hard-wall nearly every psychic in the game and be able to 2hko haxorus.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I am literally wearing a lemongrab shirt right now

He is the greatest character in all the lands

Top Bottom