• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
I like Circus's reasoning. Don't deny the animal inside guys, we're all just humans, and at the end of the day humans are just animals themselves. Animals eat other animals. Don't fight this, accept it.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Oh lol, I even heard news that bacon and sausages has some thing inside that increases the risk of some cancer.

Lol, why is it that everything we eat is slowly killing us all.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
No calorie counting at all. Ketogenic diet (keto).

No carbs at all, after a couple days the body switches to metabolizing fat for primary fuel source. High fat, low carb diet. Fat comes right off...think of how drinking water causes you to drop water weight.

Plus, "bread makes you fat"...bread has the same glycemic index as refined sugar. Grains/carbohydrate sources produce an insulin response, the body stores carbs. Do a bit of reading as to how the metabolizes food.

The most important point is that "saturated fat causes heart disease" is a myth that became US Health Policy since the 60's thanks to politicians and lobbyists...there hasn't been any demonstrated correlation between saturated fat intake and heart disease. Meanwhile, as people actively avoided fats, we see a massive uptick in diabetes because people are loading with carbs and replacing good saturated fats with the bad stuff found in vegetable oils and hydrogenated fats.

I've seen decent arguments for low fat diets causing depression as well. And ever seen vegetarians that don't seem to lose weight? IMO the reason low fat diets work for some and not others is just reduction in calorie intake...some people do, and other people replace the fat with more carbs and get diabetes.

Eat fat (eggs, cheese, meat, olive oil), avoid carbs, lose weight. Exercise for multipliers.

My dinner tonight was a veggie/bacon/cheese omelette fried in bacon fat. The other day I made tacos using fried cheese for a tortilla replacement. Last week I had a lunch of bacon wrapped jalapeño's stuffed with cream cheese. It's beautiful, man. Losing weight and feeling energetic like a boss.

Watch the documentary "Fat Head" on Netflix/Hulu (first half is a little slow and mostly just trashing Supersize Me as having all the wrong conclusions, second half is super interesting). The guy demonstrates it pretty effectively by going on a low-carb McDonalds diet and losing weight while improving all vitals.

Also, http://www.reddit.com/r/keto .
i hear it's bad for your kidneys or your liver or something.

BACON IS GOOD FOR ME!

megaman is like the dude from the cover, not actual megaman. idk why he's fat

OH, GORDITO, HOW DID YOU EVER MAKE IT ONTO MY IGNORE LIST?!!? I'VE MISSED YOU SO! GLAD TO HAVE YOU BACK IN MY FORUM VIEW.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I hope you ignored him during a mafia game. I've wanted to do that so many times.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I generally ignore everybody that isn't a mod, and only do my scumhunting based on what I see people put in quotes. I like to call it "hard mode"

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
OH, GORDITO, HOW DID YOU EVER MAKE IT ONTO MY IGNORE LIST?!!? I'VE MISSED YOU SO! GLAD TO HAVE YOU BACK IN MY FORUM VIEW.
DUDE I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW I WAS ON YOUR IGNORE LIST D: BUT NOW THAT WE'RE REUNITED WE CAN FROLIC THROUGH THE FLOWERS.

I hope you ignored him during a mafia game. I've wanted to do that so many times.
Man. Hurtin the heart. But you know this ain't true cuz BSL don't play mafia games.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
DUDE I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW I WAS ON YOUR IGNORE LIST D: BUT NOW THAT WE'RE REUNITED WE CAN FROLIC THROUGH THE FLOWERS.

Man. Hurtin the heart. But you know this ain't true cuz BSL don't play mafia games.
its actually been a while since ive seen your posts. anytime someone quotes you or talks about you, i assume you just made a series of posts and got banned, or the mods deleted them or something. idk for how long it's been like that.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
i hear it's bad for your kidneys or your liver or something.
It's a common source of confusion because people associate low carb diets with high protein diets. High protein diets *are* bad for the kidneys, because the body can only utilize so much protein (it's primarily for muscles, not the rest of the body) and high protein/low carb diets leave you lacking an energy source. But people are paranoid of fat, so they avoid carbs, AND avoid fat, and then get kidney damage.

That's why I'm doing a low carb/high fat diet (keto). Body switches to fat for energy source, not protein (insufficient, taxing to kidneys) or carbs (automatically stored), and stops holding on to it, like how people who drink more water lose water weight. And since fat is actually more nutritious than carbs, you end up getting improved vitals as long as you're eating plenty of veggies and drinking lots of water too.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Well, I'm not one of the confused ones. I heard that having a lot of ketones in your body is bad for you. Being on a keto diet puts you int he state of ketosis which produces ketones. If I'm not mistaken.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Oh... She'll be okay, right? I hope everything goes well and that she has a speedy recovery from whatever is keeping her there ;-;.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Er she should be... She kinda threw up her meds that should have covered her fever... So this is still something that is kinda unresolved... : [

Second time in hospital since Thursday

and thank you very much Joey, I will tell her that

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I was going to draw a get better card in MS Paint for July with a bunch of people on it and Soup getting lynched but then I decided that was too much effort and I'll just go with a "get well soon!"

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I think I need a diet to gain weight. I usually eat a **** load but I never gain weight, in fact, I've lost some over the last few years. I'm around 55 kilos (121 pounds) atm, that can't be healthy D:

dat body

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Well, I'm not one of the confused ones. I heard that having a lot of ketones in your body is bad for you. Being on a keto diet puts you int he state of ketosis which produces ketones. If I'm not mistaken.
You have cause and effect mixed up here. Having ketones in your blood isn't bad for you, it's a byproduct of metabolizing fat. However, there are kidney problems where, if you have the kidney problem, your kidney will release a lot of ketones. So it's true that if the doctor sees ketones in your blood sample they will usually panic if they don't know you're on a diet.

But no, ketones are not bad for you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketone_bodies

Wikipedia said:
Ketone bodies are three water-soluble compounds that are produced as by-products when fatty acids are broken down for energy in the liver and kidney. Two of the three are used as a source of energy in the heart and brain while the third is a waste product excreted from the body. In the brain, they are a vital source of energy during fasting.[1] Although termed "bodies", they are dissolved substances, not particles.

The brain gets a portion of its energy from ketone bodies when glucose is less available (e.g., during fasting, strenuous exercise, low carbohydrate, ketogenic diet and in neonates). In the event of low blood glucose, most other tissues have additional energy sources besides ketone bodies (such as fatty acids), but the brain does not. After the diet has been changed to lower blood glucose for 3 days, the brain gets 25% of its energy from ketone bodies.[4] After about 4 days, this goes up to 70% (during the initial stages the brain does not burn ketones, since they are an important substrate for lipid synthesis in the brain).

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
it's funny because i've never paid attention to diet/weight loss stuff. they all seem to be fads and incorrect, so i dismiss anything i see.

eating mostly fat and losing fat as a result sounds legit though.

how does the body process energy? isn't it like sugars->carbs->fat?
or something.
anyway, it makes sense that it would burn fat if it doesn't have the other stuff.

Top Bottom