• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
lol smashboards is the **** @ mafia despite all the shenanigans thatve occurred

gorf went to the finale his season

j did well and earned several votes

now ryker

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I maintain that, of all the sites I've played on, SWF had the highest average player level. Almost every site has good players on par with our best players, but the rank and file user on SWF is better than the rank and file user most everywhere else.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I attribute to that idea being that we're hardasses with each other sometimes that you simply had to play to the standard of others if you didn't want to be lynched.

Furthermore, playing with people you know well means that you can't simply do the same things and expect to get away with it, therefore there was a lot of dynamics in play and having to read others.

#HBC | ѕoup

Also need to mention that there are a ton of playstyles on this site, each with their own nuance. I can easily distinguish a wall from J in comparison to a wall from everyone else, or I could can distinguish marshy's type of play compared to anyone else.

Everyone became very established in what they did, and I can't really think of anyone who doesn't have a strong personality here.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
I maintain that, of all the sites I've played on, SWF had the highest average player level. Almost every site has good players on par with our best players, but the rank and file user on SWF is better than the rank and file user most everywhere else.
i actually thought the opposite. that the average here (at least when it was very active. now may b different) was lower than some sites ive been on but the peak is wider with a lot of epic players. could b wrong tho. we also are way more liberal than any other site ive seen by far

lovin mu btw. they play mafia as a live action game. think of it as playing mafia as a video game where youre sitting there interacting with as many ppl as possible in real time then weighing those reactions into your reads. so at any given time when you enter the thread theres almost always SEVERAL players there to engage. very stimulating and interesting

btw has anyone claimed the next game here? i wanna run one. its gonna b werewolf with og mafia terms

Last edited:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
lovin mu btw. they play mafia as a live action game. think of it as playing mafia as a video game where youre sitting there interacting with as many ppl as possible in real time then weighing those reactions into your reads. so at any given time when you enter the thread theres almost always SEVERAL players there to engage. very stimulating and interesting
Yeah man. I thrive in an environment where I can get into it with multiple slots for extended periods of time.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Sure, but it's gonna be a month. The remainder of the players are to be determined by two wild card games. The player lists for those should go up soon.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Our player base on average is definitely leagues better than the average on most sites I've been to.
That Bardull guy brings our player skill average down significantly, but considering he is an outlier, I think this is an otherwise fair assessment.

Last edited:

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
roughly a year out from graduating. im moving out shortly with a homie and looking at an armed security job on graduation

other than that ive been lifting and want to take up boxing sometime in the future. hbu?

you might dig this zo

#HBC | ѕoup

In college right now accruing debt to the state. Let's hope it's all worth it!

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
My first girlfriend unexpectedly broke up with me (so I got to learn what a nightmare heartbreak is), my grandfather's Alzheimer's is so bad that he forgot his dosage and how recently he'd taken meds so he accidentally OD'd on blood thinners (he's recovering, though, so that's good), and my grandmother had knee surgery and the physical therapists aren't satisfied with her recovery thus far. My home church is in debt and we're losing money monthly, my mom is having unexplained violent coughing fits that she's gone to three different doctors about and they can't identify the problem, and my dad wants me to get a day job because apparently working 5 hours a night (usually up until 11:00 or midnight) most nights per week doesn't count as full time for the summer. Additionally they're demolishing my old high school, but the county is so poor that they might not have enough money to build a new one anymore. Oh, and the turbo blew in my car, so I had to go get that entirely replaced.

On the upside, I've not died up to this point. So that's good.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Man, where the heck did Gheb go? Crazy Austrian *******. I hope he's alright.

Anyway, I'm up to the same stuff. I'm trying the Keto diet and so far it has been amazing the last 5 days. I do not feel that hungry given the calories I am consuming and it really has helped me control my appetite. I really miss carbs though, it's surprisingly hard to not eat any carbs 5 days in. I've realized how addicted I was to carbs as a result. Ugh, I really want a sweet coffee drink right now, and sushi later. :(

Oh yeah, I'm also going to Europe for 2.5 weeks in September. Will be visiting London, Rome, Paris, Munich (Oktoberfest), Berlin, and then finally Stockholm, before I head home. The goal is to slurp marinara off the bodies of beautiful italian women and drink beers from the mouths of busty german blondes. Wish me luck, boys.

My first girlfriend unexpectedly broke up with me (so I got to learn what a nightmare heartbreak is), my grandfather's Alzheimer's is so bad that he forgot his dosage and how recently he'd taken meds so he accidentally OD'd on blood thinners (he's recovering, though, so that's good), and my grandmother had knee surgery and the physical therapists aren't satisfied with her recovery thus far. My home church is in debt and we're losing money monthly, my mom is having unexplained violent coughing fits that she's gone to three different doctors about and they can't identify the problem, and my dad wants me to get a day job because apparently working 5 hours a night (usually up until 11:00 or midnight) most nights per week doesn't count as full time for the summer. Additionally they're demolishing my old high school, but the county is so poor that they might not have enough money to build a new one anymore. Oh, and the turbo blew in my car, so I had to go get that entirely replaced.

On the upside, I've not died up to this point. So that's good.
I believe in you, Spak-kun. You will prevail over this obstacle.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
yo guys

i just got my motorcycle license. im ****in hype as ****

bard that trip sounds dope. good luck with the diet. ive given up fast food this year and mostly eat veggies/meats. my stomachs almost as flat as it used to b but i prolly gotta start implementing cardio into my workouts

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
i got a job for almost a year now, kinda coasting along. life is nice but the grass is always greener u know?

glad to hear ppl are doing well. sorry to hear that Spak, however you got this. after rain comes sunshine

#HBC | ѕoup

I should be looking for work but I get enough help from the folks and money from the school when I need it, though I know I'll have to pay it off. It's not like I'm treating them like a bank, moreso I've had to withdraw from a class or two and I've gotten a refund for it. Really hard when I don't have a car. The idea of work doesn't scare me or anything it's just about the necessity of it yknow?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Yo we checking in on our lives?

I'm currently living in Ontario for the summer with my fiancee. Enjoying cottage life 5 minutes from the beach while working part time and saving money. (Her parents own the cottage) After the summer I'm back home in NS for a few weeks, then probably off to Dreamhack Montreal and then later Syndicate 2017 (I get to see Ramses in person finally!).

After that I'm moving to Ireland for a year while the fiancee does school things, then we'll probably go to China for a few months, then who knows what after that.

Exciting times, honestly.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Yo we checking in on our lives?

I'm currently living in Ontario for the summer with my fiancee. Enjoying cottage life 5 minutes from the beach while working part time and saving money. (Her parents own the cottage) After the summer I'm back home in NS for a few weeks, then probably off to Dreamhack Montreal and then later Syndicate 2017 (I get to see Ramses in person finally!).

After that I'm moving to Ireland for a year while the fiancee does school things, then we'll probably go to China for a few months, then who knows what after that.

Exciting times, honestly.
You guys are a super cute couple. Excited for you, my dude! Just don't name the eventual kid after fire emblem weeb trash characters. :^) (Edit: FE7 character names however are definitely fair game).

On an incredibly important note though, knowing that Ramses will be at Syndicate is a colossal game changer. I am henceforth cancelling all my plans in Europe and will instead head over to the Netherlands to troll Ramses relentlessly for all the DGames bull**** I've put up with over the years. #HBC | ZoZo #HBC | ZoZo

Last edited:

Handorin

Smash Hero
Graduated last year. Got a full-time job in town doing consulting to financial firms. Got my results in for CFA level 2 yesterday, failed miserably. Time to come back stronger next year. Wife is finishing grad degree and we'll be moving somewhere for her PhD in a year.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Taking a hard course over the summer so I don't have to take it later with a bunch of courses.

Started making rap beats. It's fun but really difficult, I feel like I still have a long ways to go.

Also got such an urge to play mafia I actually started playing on mafiascum lmao

Handorin

Smash Hero
Are the rap beats related to the hard course? Cause you should definitely rap your notes.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Oh we checking in? I've been stupid the last few years and got into some legal trouble and served a year and a half and ended up in rehab for a year also. But heyyyyy I'm doing good, and things are looking up always. Other than that, work and the gym always. I miss playing Mafia some, although I don't really remember how to play fully hahaha, I got to play the real life version and unfortunately got hit by the Jailer.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
You guys are a super cute couple. Excited for you, my dude! Just don't name the eventual kid after fire emblem weeb trash characters. :^) (Edit: FE7 character names however are definitely fair game).

On an incredibly important note though, knowing that Ramses will be at Syndicate is a colossal game changer. I am henceforth cancelling all my plans in Europe and will instead head over to the Netherlands to troll Ramses relentlessly for all the DGames bull**** I've put up with over the years. #HBC | ZoZo #HBC | ZoZo
**** WIT ME BIHHH

Maven89

Smash Master
Oh we checking in? I've been stupid the last few years and got into some legal trouble and served a year and a half and ended up in rehab for a year also. But heyyyyy I'm doing good, and things are looking up always. Other than that, work and the gym always. I miss playing Mafia some, although I don't really remember how to play fully hahaha, I got to play the real life version and unfortunately got hit by the Jailer.
Hey Chaco, I played some of my first games here with you. Hope you're doing better man, I've had a friend go to rehab a few years ago, he swung his life around and currently makes 6 figures working for google. There's always a future

Vlade

Social Outcast
I didn't hang out here much when I was super active on smashboards but it's nice to see some familiar faces still around and doing well for themselves. Also sad to see that a lot of people have drifted away from the forums but that's just how it goes...

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yo wassup I'm working at the YMCA now. I'm closing 6 days a week. I got the Nintendo Switch and am playing lotsa videogames now. I still need to get **** together but at least I'm working.

Spak sorry to hear all that stuff happened to you, things can only get better

Raz good to see you are engaged

Marshy pretty cool af that you got a bike, we should chill

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
The merit to this site is that it emphasizes layer-based thinking and multiple-perspectives. If you're forced to work under a variety of play styles then you are better adapted to be thrown into a Russian prison cell with 100 various personalities and work your way through their own format of thinking. The fact that we are still aware of typical mafia rules e.g. liars always get lynched, but we preface that with wondering why they lied means that any game with equal chances should favor the person more inclined to consider the reasons why other people take actions rather than simply judge the action for occurring.

Top Bottom