• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I'm down to host a Jungle Mafia after the game I run now, if there's people willing to play it
I'm thinking of hosting a small popcorn mafia. Would that be something people are interested in?
Is one of these definitely going to happen? Or do I need to try squeeze into the cross site game?

I want to play again and I would prefer to play a simple setup. Thanks.

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
I was hoping to host a 6-man mini soon if people were interested. It would be my Robot Masters set-up.

Base Roles
4 townies
1 mafia goon
1 Indy lyncher

Randomly Assigned Modifiers
1 town naive lynchee
1 non-mafia doctor
1 non-Indy Governor

The last time I ran the setup went very well.

Last edited:

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
yo

throwin my hat into the ring to mod. not too interested in playing anything smaller than 12 ppl but will run anything you guys want with less than that #

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I can do the popcorn game or play in a mini.

I just love hosting Popcorn game because they are fast and quick. Flavor was TBD and was still waiting on a bit more interest. There was only a couple who acknowledged the post haha.

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
J, I'll play in your popcorn game if you want to run that first. Then I'll host my mini.

It might be worthwhile to bring back the queue, honestly. It was when we got rid of the queue that DGames started to die. We could avoid the problem of the year-long wait for mods by just making the queue have a maximum of 3 mods waiting. In order to sign up to mod, you have to actually be active and available when a slot opens up in the queue.

Just a thought.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Looking over some of my old content. I joined this place when I was a young lad at an impressionable age of 15. Goddamn, can you imagine? You were all arguing with a stupid 15 year old, but now you're going to be arguing with a stupid 22 year old too. :b:

Last edited:

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I'm just as surprised as you are, I always envisioned you as still in high school playing both Romeo and Rapunzel in two different plays.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
i was like 12 or 13 when i started

so i have been friends with ppl like frozen and ee since i was literally a kid lol

we did a median age chart one time. not sure if it was another thread or was here doe

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer

sampled 50 dgamers. got em thru profiles n asking. this is MOST of the populace im missing a few here n there (would guess no more than...8) but its more than enough to get accurate numbers. the average dgamer is 22 years old. 34 are 21+. 48 are 18+

68% of dgamers are 21+. 28% are between 18 n 20. 4% are below 18

i WAS going to use this as part of an argument thatd push us to a private room cuz being held by rules designed for 13 year olds with this age pool is ******** but i think itd hurt the room more than help it from an activity standpoint. posting it anyway cuz its interesting n good ammo if it ever comes to it

dhorse and jexs are the babies of the room. ashemus younger than i thought hed be. karebears older than i thought hed be. os and joker are grandpas. i joined this site at 13 n remember being the youngest ***** in this ***** by far but now im in the middle. mortality is real

we some oldass ****** yall

raziek = 23
bardull = 24
beat = 20
potato = 19
orbo = 21
os = 28
ryker = 23
rake = 22
joey = 19
vinyl = 20
werekill = 20
acrostic = 25
nicholas = 20
ashemu = 18
asianaussie = 21
gorf = 20
hando = 24
fanny = 22
laundry = 22
bwolf = 19
swiss = 25
vult = 22
sokr = 19
jerkus = 24
chaco = 21
nabe = 24
joker = 28
jdietz = 21
zen = 22
ranmaru = 24
mac = 23
ruy = 24
karebear = 24
jexs = 16
jtb = 26
soup = 20
rockin = 27
dhorse = 16
maven = 25
kataefi = 25
vander = 23
frozen = 24
zozo = 20
bsl = 20
ee = 26
bunzy = 21
dancer = 23
scary = 25
gheb = 25
sold2 = 20
omni = 27
here we go. this was 3 years ago

damn. some of yall are approaching 30

EDIT soup didnt you used to get modkilled regularly?

Last edited:

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Hey, I sell those.
Yo, let me know when the next crash hits. Given that my house is now overvalued compared to its height at 2008 and any and all protections added in the last 8 years have been removed I'm expect something within the next 5 years or so.

I have about 3 years on my mortgage left and don't plan on selling, but don't want the bottom to fall out beforehand >:{

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Lmao can do man. I've had a few of my clients in a similar vein of thought and also just normal "fears".

Handorin

Smash Hero
Lots of mixed signals in the markets right now. Lots of "Shrug, I dunno" opinions going around.

But then again, I've been out of investment advisory/analysis for 6-9 months now when I moved into performance measurement/compliance consulting.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Pretty much everyone is just waiting for something to happen.

Though in a couple days it won't really pertain to me since I'm getting out of the financial industry.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I have about $50k in cash reserves and am interested in potentially buying up a bunch of houses to rent out after the next crash.

Apparently all the people that signed the sub-prime loans and caused the last one then used all the money they made to buy the houses that went into foreclosure and are now renting them out.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Buying low and selling high is obvious...

but very hard to do.

And then you have to be able to weather the storm in case the drop is bigger than you expected or recovery is slower than expected. Real estate is tricky if you aren't careful.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
J, I'll play in your popcorn game if you want to run that first. Then I'll host my mini.

It might be worthwhile to bring back the queue, honestly. It was when we got rid of the queue that DGames started to die. We could avoid the problem of the year-long wait for mods by just making the queue have a maximum of 3 mods waiting. In order to sign up to mod, you have to actually be active and available when a slot opens up in the queue.

Just a thought.
I agree with this

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I love that you guys are talking about real estate; it has become a hobby of mine to thoroughly check out real estate in various parts of the world. I skim Redfin and Zillow frequently because I want to eventually have my own spot (and potentially invest in other spots) like all the other fortunate blokes.

Unfortunately, California, especially SF at the moment, is absolutely bonkers in terms of price per square footage, so as soon as I collect on the economy here to a sufficient degree, I'm peacing out (the 2300 square foot house I'm renting a room in is worth 1.4 million...sooooo unacceptable).

If I do manage to build up a significant bank roll though, I will also be cashing in on the next crash without question; the house I used to live in (located in Novato, California) was worth roughly $250,000 after the crash, and is now worth $900,000. California real estate is insanely pricey, so purchasing a house here is pretty much out of the question now for low capital investors unless another crash happens.

Last edited:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
So, that Mafia Championships game? We won the first game. I had a hero switch on D1 to nail scum and died N2. We won with back to back lynches in 5-man and 3-man.

Now we wait to see if I'm playing in the next round. Holy hell, that game was fun though.

Top Bottom