• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

Thingyman

Smash Cadet
FINAL UPDATE

Your representative has been slotted into this game below.

GAME 9 @ JUNE 5 (48/24 Phase Lengths w/ 10 PM EST)
@AOI Magi (Atheist Forums)
@Archangel (Straight Dope)
@Loki (GreyWolf Addicts)
@Nishinoya (PokeHeroes)
@PAC (JetNation)
@Precarious (Kongregate)
@Prophylaxis (MyAnimeList)
@Ryker (Smashboards)
@SilverKeith (MafiaLandia)
@SpankGangsta (What the Heol?!)
@spookymilk (Casa de Leche)
@Superjolt (PokeCommunity)
@TheWhoDoctor (Pokemon Showdown)
@Yeti (Smogon)
@Zoomzip (Play Diplomacy)

Do you wish to spectate and/or talk with players from other communities?
We have a big chat on Discord (300+ members) for those that want to spectate and talk about these games. The representatives will be added to this channel too after they die. Or if you just want to chat with people from other communities, we have a general chat too that is unrelated to the Mafia Championship.

1) CLICK HERE TO JOIN: https://discord.gg/zdeEhcg
2) Tag one of the red or blue people in the chat (write [MENTION=8963]Thingyman[/MENTION] or @Staff for example), let them know who you are and from what community, and they'll give you the necessary permissions to see the spectator channel. This is necessary to avoid the wrong people (the representatives and their backups) joining the channel.

You don't need to have Discord installed in order to join the channel, as there is a web version.

Do you want to have your own private community spectator chat?
This is definitely both allowed and encouraged. However, I ask that you please do everything possible to make this chat private and inaccessible to your representative, backup and your representative's opponents. It's important that your thoughts and comments don't influence the game. In other words, please don't post about the game in public threads -- this is very important.

Where do I get more info?
Refer to this thread: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/7692-Season-4-The-Time-Is-Now!

This thread will tell you all the details about this season. It also includes the list of participating communities and their representatives.

If you need to get in contact with me, my Skype is "thingyman" and my Discord is "Thingyman#6075". From this point on I will be checking in less on the various sites. I will make sure to pop in again though when your representative's game starts and post a link :)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I just got a job at ymca!

Will update you guys

The Man From Delamar

Smash Journeyman
Also if I may offer just one dab of wisdom (no, not from my personal life)

Don't ever, ever get married without a pre-nup. Don't even contemplate it.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
research state laws thoroughly too. cant stress enough. a lot of people get prenups only for the woman to find reasons that its not enforceable so the court sides with them anyway

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Don't ever, ever get married without a pre-nup. Don't even contemplate it.
Never heard of this, and it's still a few years before I'm even considering it (I'll get to senior year and re-assess life then), but thanks for the advice! I'll have to look into pre-nups if I ever do choose to get married.

Also, my first job starts tomorrow at 6:00 PM. We shall see how I do at being the frozen custard man.

EDIT: And Maven, I'm still up to replacing in by the 1st at the latest if Del doesn't want a shot at another game of Mafia. If the job goes well and I don't feel overwhelmed, I might replace in by the end of the week.

Last edited:

Overswarm

is laughing at you
lol @ everyone nodding along with "get a prenup".

When you are making a contract arrangement, you have to be willing to walk away. If you say "Will you marry me and sign this hopefully binding legal document that helps save my financial possessions", you have to be willing to lose a relationship you've built to the level of marriage solely for the possibility that this marriage might not work out and you may one day have wealth you would not want to split.

Pre-nups are for people with a lot of assets tied up in multiple business and non-profits. They're not meant to protect the husband or wife, they're meant to protect the multiple other people whose employment is dependent on their financial considerations. Pre-nups can also be for people with kids and sizeable assets, to ensure that the kid gets something specifically in their name and/or college savings account.

Those are things that the significant other can understand.

Asking them to sign themselves into a situation where you could leave them both emotionally and financially destitute, not so much.

Maven89

Smash Master
EDIT: And Maven, I'm still up to replacing in by the 1st at the latest if Del doesn't want a shot at another game of Mafia. If the job goes well and I don't feel overwhelmed, I might replace in by the end of the week.
All good, however I'm worried about losing people if the game doesn't start up soon. If it comes to it I'll hit you up

BarDulL

Town Vampire
you have to be willing to lose a relationship you've built to the level of marriage solely for the possibility that this marriage might not work out
This is always a possibility; I don't think it's safe to walk into a marriage assuming it will work out for the rest of your life. Maybe I'm just cynical, but my parents ended up getting divorced after 27 years of marriage, so I think my opinion is valid in this regard.

Pre-nups are for people with a lot of assets tied up in multiple business and non-profits. They're not meant to protect the husband or wife, they're meant to protect the multiple other people whose employment is dependent on their financial considerations. Pre-nups can also be for people with kids and sizeable assets, to ensure that the kid gets something specifically in their name and/or college savings account.

Those are things that the significant other can understand.

Asking them to sign themselves into a situation where you could leave them both emotionally and financially destitute, not so much.
Some studies suggest that only 50% of marriages end up lasting, and there are countless examples of people getting into marriages only to turn around and take half of what's at stake for the other (or try to). Honestly, I think it's a smart decision to protect yourself if you have tangible assets worth protecting prior to getting into a marriage. IMO, that's something an SO should be able to understand. Of course, if you don't have a lot at stake going into a marriage, then a prenup seems pretty unnecessary.

I think there is certainly a moral way to go about it. For example, I would agree to protect all my current assets, and for my hypothetical wife to protect everything that's hers, prior to marriage. Anything attained while in the marriage I would feel is fair game for both of us to split. Obviously, I agree that trying to leave someone "emotionally and financially destitute" in the midst of a long marriage is messed up and just plain wrong regardless of what caused the marriage to fail.

If I was a billionaire making tons of money, and I picked up a woman who was making no where near as much, I think a prenup is practically non-negotiable. If we ended up divorcing, it just doesn't make sense to hand over $500~ million to someone that took no part in building that up. It's such an unreasonable amount that she would be perfectly entitled to in the absence of a prenuptial agreement (at least I'm pretty sure she would be, to my understanding of federal marriage law/california state law).

Last edited:

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Overswarm did you ever open up that escape room?
Nope. :(

Can't find commercial real estate at reasonable prices. Most would have ended up requiring $40k in initial investment in supplies/personnel/rent and the rent was a big part of it. We found one place that was reasonably price, but requires one hundred square feet per person, meaning a 2500 sqft room with 4 Escape Room games running simultaneously could have a total of 25 people in the building... including employees. That's 3 rooms at max capacity, 1 empty, and 1 employee. Also we would be required to have 2 employees for safety reasons.

So until we find a location, no go. :(

Kantrip

Kantplay
What's up DGames? Been thinking of you guys.

I've been itching to play forum mafia again, although this site is pretty dead now. :(

Kantrip

Kantplay
Life's good, been working at a prop rental warehouse for the film industry in Vancouver and living the smash life.

My schedule's going to be pretty consistent for the summer so I'm totally down for that large game marshy.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
im getting a lot of interest for the large game. we might b able to get 18+

good to hear yall are doin well. im starting summer classes tomorrow myself. i also hope to get back in the gym soon and make some serious gainz but have other **** on my plate atm

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
we shuld do a turbo game sometime

a simple 9 man setup. 2 scum 6 vanillas 1 cop with a night 0 randomized cop clear. townies/scum provide cop cover by giving fake reads and play normal d1 as usual

predetermined time on forum which works for ppl maybe a weeknight or something. 45 mins - 1 hr total

back before dgames we used to do aim games they are fun af

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
didnt we do a whole day of turbo some time that gheb organized a few years ago? like we had a schedule of 5+ different games throughout the day and ppl would come through for their game(s)?

truly swag times

Kantrip

Kantplay
Kantrip Kantrip Good to hear all is good bro. Is that you in your avatar???

#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu I feel you on that. When you start back up?
Yeah das me.

I'm down for turbo mafia, AIM mafia, discord mafia, whatever people are playing these days.

Played IRL mafia with smashers in my region and I haven't lost a game yet as either faction. You know it's bad when I'm the best player in a game.

Thingyman

Smash Cadet
The Championship Game Has Begun!

Hi guys!

Your representative's Mafia Championship game has started and it's still Day 1: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...-Game-9-Silicon-Valley-The-Mafia-Championship

I wish them the best of luck.

Remember to please keep discussion of the game to private channels where the players wouldn't be able to see your comments on the game.

Also, if you want to spectate the game along with people from other communities, you can join the Discord server here (600+ people): https://discord.gg/zdeEhcg

When you enter the server please tag and let the @Staff know which community you are from and who you are cheering on and they'll give you access to the spectator channel :)

Last edited:

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I'd also be down for Discord mafia. I really want to catch back up with everyone.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'm thinking of hosting a small popcorn mafia. Would that be something people are interested in?

Top Bottom