• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DG Interview Thread: Walrus? Toasted

RPS

• Total voters

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Btw, we need to talk more.
Really do. I was going to say you have the worst tastes ever after seeing your music and video games lists. Then you started talking about theater and name drop the original Mario Parties and now I am conflicted.

A Comedy of Errors is probably my favorite Shakespearean, although A Midsummer Night's Dream is a close second. Camelot remains the best production I have personally witnessed.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
I watched 10 minutes of The Glass House. Put it in the garbage pile. Masterchef is great. Blind girl probs gonna win. I though that 35 yr old that just got kicked off was pri cute. Was mad she left over the hat dude.

Edit: Wow 6'4". I didn't know you had a sis and a bro. And how long did you live in England?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Too many good voting options ;-;. I'm with Xonar. Can't decide between July/Swords/Ryker... D:.

Also awesome read, J <3.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
You need to add me on skype already July!

Ryker, I need to see Camelot but in my music theatre class we discussed it and also I had to sing a bit of How to Handle a Woman and it's a pretty fun song to sing.

@Zen: Total I lived there for four years of my life. 3 when I was a teenager, 1 when I was born lol.

Glass House is pretty trash.

@EE: Really it is more? Yay!

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Oh I thought the "skin of your teeth" comment was it being bigger than your wall...^^" Seems I messed up there haha sorry.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Wait you sing music theatre too? o_O

We seriously do need to talk more haha. I'm auditioning for Sweeney Todd when I move to CO in the next week.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I haven't been in anything in two and a half years. I've got a place I can start doing things again, but in all likelihood, I'm going to be on crew for a year before I can do anything else. I hate being straight crew. HATE it.

I enjoy singing a lot. I enjoy musicals a LOT more than other stage productions. It's also why I like old Disney movies and Disney World. Disney World is just a huge stage where the audience stands next to the actors.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
ctrl+f'd BarDulL. Kary > BarDulL, J? REALLY? I don't know about that mang.

And wtf @ you're 6'4, I always imagined you to be smaller for some reason.

I always forget that Dgamers originally came to this site for smash. You should play me online sometime, I'll break out the old wii and GC controller on ya. ;D. Granted online play is a terrible medium for brawlawlawling, but whatever. I'm still pretty decent ^_^.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Bardull I'll definitely be up for some rounds when I get settled into my house in CO because I am gonna try competitive smash one more time before Smash4 comes out. Also Kary is just my pick to do really well in the future. I may be a tad bias because I was able to see his train of thought in ERB.

@Ryker: Well I'm stupid haha, I don't realize things off the bat most of the times.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Kary is probably one of the best analytical thinkers DGames has seen in awhile.

I have almost certainly not been in nearly as many things as you seeing as it is not my biggest hobby. I obviously dropped it when it became difficult to keep up, but I do enjoy it. I would actually want to continue singing more than that if I had any sort of alternative outlet.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Kary is probably one of the best analytical thinkers DGames has seen in awhile.
Hmmm well maybe I'm biased against him primarily for his performance in PM64...all of his reads were waaaaay off.

BTW Ryker you should play me as well, I kinda want to see how good you are. Oh and then fight me 1v1 in league (not a true testament of skill but it's a good way to show lane poking/match up knowledge/some degree of skill).

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Hmmm well maybe I'm biased against him primarily for his performance in PM64...all of his reads were waaaaay off.

BTW Ryker you should play me as well, I kinda want to see how good you are. Oh and then fight me 1v1 in league (not a true testament of skill but it's a good way to show lane poking/match up knowledge/some degree of skill).
I am never going to play a 1v1 in League. I am unable to play Wi-Fi for the duration of the summer due to how ****ty the internet connection where I'm working is. I just got 5th at a GA local yesterday and I'm going back to Atlanta next weekend for another tournament. Going to an in-state AL tournament two weekends after. Going to a fairly large Louisiana tournament the weekend after that. Going to WHOBO in August (watch for me and Gova to Let's Play Legend Of Mana for the week preceeding it). You can follow results if you're interested. My region is no northeast, but AL/GA is certainly within the top 5.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
The solution is simple Ryker... bring back karaoke night.
1.) My mic cuts out horribly on this internet and you know it.
2.) I'm at my grandparent's house and would die if I even thought about singing some of the stuff I would want to.

HipsterSister

Smash Rookie
Haha I was probably going to say Anne of Greene Gables but that was a musical. I mean that was such an eye-opening show as to what I wanted to do the rest of my life because of how much I learned in that one show in regards to singing with an entire orchestra and in front of an audience and dancing and just being alone on-stage with just a spotlight on you in front of hundreds of people singing a powerful ballad song and dying on stage was just, I can't even. It was also the first time that I had to wear a wig on stage but that was interesting in of itself. Better than having to wear a fake mustache! I will tell you that much.
I liked the part where you twirled around and your mic flew ten feet across the stage and there was that five minute period of absolute panic when I didn't know if my baby had survived and I thought I was going to have to run the rest of the show with only 9 mics...

This is just a little teasing thing of me and HipsterSister. I'm like 6'4" and she is only 5 ft. iirc so she gets mad whenever I pull the tall card. xD
Also I'm almost 5'2" thank you very much. :p

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I am never going to play a 1v1 in League. I am unable to play Wi-Fi for the duration of the summer due to how ****ty the internet connection where I'm working is. I just got 5th at a GA local yesterday and I'm going back to Atlanta next weekend for another tournament. Going to an in-state AL tournament two weekends after. Going to a fairly large Louisiana tournament the weekend after that. Going to WHOBO in August (watch for me and Gova to Let's Play Legend Of Mana for the week preceeding it). You can follow results if you're interested. My region is no northeast, but AL/GA is certainly within the top 5.
bawk bawk bawk ;)

nah i've never been one to delve into results much, not enough variables in play and i've always been a hands on guy. learn by doing, if you catch my drift.

you should make your way down to socal at some point if you're serious about competitive smash though, the skill level there will turn you into a super saiyan. quite the catalyst for a lot of players actually and is easily the most difficult region known to man since i last checked, hah.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I liked the part where you twirled around and your mic flew ten feet across the stage and there was that five minute period of absolute panic when I didn't know if my baby had survived and I thought I was going to have to run the rest of the show with only 9 mics...

Also I'm almost 5'2" thank you very much. :p
*towers over hipster sister at a height of 6'2 and pats her on the head.*

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
She is so adorable. She's like my little sister haha. The mic situation was hilarious and can't believe that happened during a live show. Good thing for belting! xD

@Ryker: I have only been acting for about a year and a half now so I haven't done that many shows. Probably about 8-9 with all of them being leads/only teenage part in adult shows besides 1 where I did stage-crew.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
@J: I was saying you missed the Ranmarape by the skin of your teeth.

also I find it totally hilarious that no one asked "wait, why Ranmaru?" I guess errbody just agreed it was a suitably heinous punishment

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Wow great interview J :). Time travellers was f***ing balls but I'm glad I didn't have to go it alone :p.

The worst thing is I always seem to be arguing with you in games :p. We should just hydra again to avoid this :bee:

Your playstyle actually reminds me of Kat a lot, especially the old J with all the funny Gifs. Except you're like a louder/more active variant.

But yeah good read!

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
You didn't answer my question about the airspeed velocity of an unlaiden swallow.

Shame on you J, shame on you.

bawk bawk bawk ;)

nah i've never been one to delve into results much, not enough variables in play and i've always been a hands on guy. learn by doing, if you catch my drift.

you should make your way down to socal at some point if you're serious about competitive smash though, the skill level there will turn you into a super saiyan. quite the catalyst for a lot of players actually and is easily the most difficult region known to man since i last checked, hah.
Nah. SoCal is good, but not leagues above anyone. I actually think NE is probably better. AL/GA could probably beat SoCal. AL/GA/FL definitely could.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Nah. SoCal is good, but not leagues above anyone. I actually think NE is probably better. AL/GA could probably beat SoCal. AL/GA/FL definitely could.
I don't know of a single smasher from AL/GA, let alone one that could beat any ranked players in SoCal XD. Who are the best players in those states?

@EE - I saw it more as like a "wtf Ranmaru? Why Ranmaru? LOL." Then went about my business.

Top Bottom