• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DG Interview Thread: Walrus? Toasted

RPS

• Total voters

BarDulL

Town Vampire
(Towards the end of Day 1, PM64 Mafia)

Scumteam? Ronike, J, Adum.

:surprised:

Great interview, J
also, I'm flattered :embarrass:

peace & :pika:
I like how you intentionally left out the "I don't have a lot to work with" in that quote, you had no confidence in your read, not to mention that you didn't substantiate your J/adumb/Ronike reads...you pretty much sheeped the Ronike one. Your BarDulL read was atrocious and your D2 reads were awful, granted they weren't so much reads as they were you just trying to off someone so that you didn't die :vomit:. You showed very little commitment at all. I need to see more from you before I'm convinced honestly.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
All in all, good read, J! You're definitely an interesting host to watch for the future. One thing I might suggest is that you shouldn't focus too much on flavor, but that may just be me being jaded by my history of flavorless mafias.

Also how you form reads and **** was about what I expected from you. You're a player I try not to keep around at the later stages of the game because you can actually get terrifying once the PoE has started for you.

vote: Ryker

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I like how you intentionally left out the "I don't have a lot to work with" in that quote, you had no confidence in your read, not to mention that you didn't substantiate your J/adumb/Ronike reads...you pretty much sheeped the Ronike one. Your BarDulL read was atrocious and your D2 reads were awful, granted they weren't so much reads as they were you just trying to off someone so that you didn't die :vomit:. You showed very little commitment at all. I need to see more from you before I'm convinced honestly.
I like how you called out my reads for being way off, then when I called you out because you were wrong, you shifted the goalposts and accused me of lacking confidence/evidence.

Stop talking trash; if you dislike my play then w/e, no skin off my nose, but please don't go around airing your criticism of me for the hell of it. I am not going to post on this topic in this thread any further, and I strongly suggest you do the same.

/apologies for not just ignoring this in the first place

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Naw Kary, starting beef is cool, esp when it's Bardull.

@HipSis, if it's conforming, there are plenty guys who like short girls.
Like me.

but then again, my target age is around 14. :smirk:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I like how you called out my reads for being way off, then when I called you out because you were wrong, you shifted the goalposts and accused me of lacking confidence/evidence.

Stop talking trash; if you dislike my play then w/e, no skin off my nose, but please don't go around airing your criticism of me for the hell of it. I am not going to post on this topic in this thread any further, and I strongly suggest you do the same.

/apologies for not just ignoring this in the first place
Why are you attacking me and not the argument I'm postulating, or is it because you know I'm right? And I'm not talking trash, I'm being objective about it like a panelist. I don't think your reads are that great from what I've seen in PM64 and I don't think you're better than myself. I'm not "airing how bad you are just because I can," the topic was "is Kary better than BarDulL" and I stated my opinion, which is "no, he is not," and explained why I felt that way. I'm not going out of my way to chastise you (which is something I never do to anyone, talking trash about others to try and put myself above them is so counter-productive and stupid that it blows my mind), you're just getting defensive about it for no reason.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Naw Kary, starting beef is cool, esp when it's Bardull.

@HipSis, if it's conforming, there are plenty guys who like short girls.
Like me.

but then again, my target age is around 14. :smirk:
I like short girls, too. But I'm not a pedo.

You're disgusting, Xonar. :glare:

lol

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Why are you attacking me and not the argument I'm postulating, or is it because you know I'm right? And I'm not talking trash, I'm being objective about it like a panelist. I don't think your reads are that great from what I've seen in PM64 and I don't think you're better than myself. I'm not "airing how bad you are just because I can," the topic was "is Kary better than BarDulL" and I stated my opinion, which is "no, he is not," and explained why I felt that way. I'm not going out of my way to chastise you (which is something I never do to anyone, talking trash about others to try and put myself above them is so counter-productive and stupid that it blows my mind), you're just getting defensive about it for no reason.
Her approach to the game is quite literally the best I've seen of any new player ever. Swiss being the second best.

Whether or not her reads are the greatest, I think she has more potential than most of DGames' population, past and present.

There's no reason for you to get so salty right now.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Her approach to the game is quite literally the best I've seen of any new player ever. Swiss being the second best.

Whether or not her reads are the greatest, I think she has more potential than most of DGames' population, past and present.

There's no reason for you to get so salty right now.
Kary is a guy. :|

BarDulL

Town Vampire
*sh rug*

But yeah sorry Ryker, I've *only* played with Kary in PM64, so I haven't seen the "potential" you speak of. :/

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I'm playing a game with him right now and I see all the potential in the world with this kid. She's probably about the level of Soup right now. I'd put her higher but I haven't seen her play scum.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I'm playing a game with him right now and I see all the potential in the world with this kid. She's probably about the level of Soup right now. I'd put her higher but I haven't seen her play scum.
I'm not sure how to take this.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Alright bardull, this may shatter your brain, but...

You can look at games that you aren't in!

You see, once you reach the Decisive Games subsection of SWF (Often abbreviated to DGames), you'll see a ton of links to games. Of course, you will see any games that you are in. However, if you click on the other links you will be brought to other games where you can observe the people in ye game.

Insane, isn't it?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I know you can look in games you aren't in, I didn't say you couldn't...but Ryker didn't specifically say he read those games, so my interpretation of his message was "I haven't been in/did not read those games, but I still know Kary has crazy potential and is mad good regardless."

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Vote Brodancer

J, your gameplay is NOTHING like July's or Marshy's.

:059:
I guess I would say our logic is more the same where we usually have the same thought processes but we go about it in different routes. Marshy and I like understand each other but he is the more concise version of me and I'm the more lengthy version of him. July and I just like walls. As Vandy said, I guess Kata and I would be the most linked in terms of playstyle.

Wow great interview J :). Time travellers was f***ing balls but I'm glad I didn't have to go it alone :p.

The worst thing is I always seem to be arguing with you in games :p. We should just hydra again to avoid this :bee:

Your playstyle actually reminds me of Kat a lot, especially the old J with all the funny Gifs. Except you're like a louder/more active variant.

But yeah good read!
Time Travelers was hell man! We had no clue we were scum, our mason got turned into mafia which screwed us, D1 with Reyth was uuuugh but we had interesting reads haha. Yeah we should hydra again to avoid arguing or actually play a game where we both may actually be town instead of Celeb Rehab.

Aww, J, I didn't realize Halloween Mafia was the bane of your existence. : (

Vote: Sworddancer
It wasn't necessarily the bane of my existance. It was just a game that I got my *** handed to me pretty soundly pretty much.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Vote: july

Hmm, Kary. I remember his newb game. He actually already knew what bandwagoning was, he was even being quite helpful in getting the RVS rolling, and he even knew that there had to be 'cases' done to get a lynch on someone.

So I think he had talked about mafia theory before. : PPP I assumed since he's friends with X1, that they might have talked hehehehe.

Top Bottom