• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DG Interview Thread: Walrus? Toasted

RPS

• Total voters

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I just had a dream about you. Are you by coincidence a fish-human hybrid AND drummer for an awesome underwater band, and the representation/avatar of death?

In that case, sorry for accidentally killing you.

:phone:

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Tell me the Average day of "Ryker."

Any other Mafia sites besides AiB or DGames that you have played at? What's your opinion on sites like EpicMafia or MafiaScum?

Favorite players to hydra with? I see play hydras with certain people, but tell me your favorite.

Is the DGames Skype Group still heavily active? Why did you suddenly become the one to host every call, besides Gova?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Questions for whom the bell tolls:

My my my, what do we have here? A peculiar peculiarity, do I adhere?

What's up with the "I'm the best, all of your plays are ****, follow me" persona? Have you tried doing this in-person?

Who do you think the top 5 town players are in Dgames?

What is your level of accomplishment in academia? What do you want to do with yourself in the future?

Who's the hottest girl on the planet?

If there was one dude who you HAD to bottom for, who would it be?

On a scale from 1 - 10, answering only with whole numbers, 1 being a little and 10 being a lot, how much do you love me? Note: you can not choose the option "hate" on this scale, and you must choose a whole number. Variables aren't allowed.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Are you actually gay? Because if you are, we've really been missing out...

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Growing a beard again?

Favorite up and coming player for mafia?

Will you ever do a Cosmo run of OoT or redo Wind Waker?

Worst role ever made around here?

Best role ever made around here?

Dumbest town?

Smartest town?

Will you ever take to more ranked with Masked Heroes/Elemental?

Mid/Top/BotAD/Support/Jungle?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Top 5 favorite Pokemon?

Favorite Pokemon Game?

Favorite Pokemon Generation?

Why do you use Falco over other characters?

When am I going to see you at another tournament?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Choose a picture to describe yourself.
Choose a song to describe yourself.

What is your greatest accomplishment in life?

What is love?

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Why do you play/act like a man in everything besides fighting games!?

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Also, since I know you love doing comic matchups

Superman vs Captain Marvel?

Marvel's Cable (at full power) vs Black Adam?

The Spot vs Nightcrawler? This is full-on crazy bad*** Spot that actually uses his intelligence and abilities, btw, not ****ty joke villain Spot.

Lex Luthor vs Two-Face? (no 'real' weapons, in Luthor's office)

Lobo vs Deadpool?

Green Lantern with infinite energy vs Silver Surfer?

Batman vs Daredevil? Batman only gets hand to hand and batarangs, DD can use his billy clubs and hand to hand.

Ozymandias vs Batman? Not a fistfight at all. They're just both trying to accomplish something through social engineering 'n' **** and know what the other guy is trying to do so it's just a PREPARATION TIME-off basically.

Rupert Thorne vs J. Jonah Jameson? Thorne wants to be elected into public office; JJJ wants him to not be elected and holds Spider-Man levels of contempt for him. Almost said Luthor but I think Luthor'd trounce JJJ's pedestrian hate journalism.

Black Cat vs Catwoman. No weapons for BC but Catwoman gets the whip.

Arcade vs The Riddler? Both are in a deathtrap of the other's design and must race through it to reach a gun with which to shoot the other guy.

Aquaman vs Namor?

The Joker vs Mr. Negative? This is a gang war where they are trying to get the same turf, not a personal fight

Mr. Freeze vs Penguin? Penguin is very powerful and well-entrenched and has Nora. Freeze has no resources other than a laboratory and as much prep time and resources as he needs but can't hire muscle or anything

Lex Luthor vs Mr. Lau? LexCorp is hoping to expand into Hong Kong.

Wish I'd asked Tom some of these but alas, I cared not about puny mortal comic books back then

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Opinion on opinions of opinions?

Make a gay joke about somebody that isn't rockin.

You're a knight errant, while in your questing you meet a monster. Which dgamer is that monster?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
How did you get involved in theatre?

What brought you from AiB to SWF mafia?

How do you feel being a huge contributor to the community of DGames?

What other schemes do you have in mind for the future?

Who do you feel are the biggest threats/people to get around when you are playing games?

What are some of your favorite songs/music selections?

Who are your favorite hydras to see play?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744

Superman vs Captain Marvel?

Marvel's Cable (at full power) vs Black Adam?

The Spot vs Nightcrawler? This is full-on crazy bad*** Spot that actually uses his intelligence and abilities, btw, not ****ty joke villain Spot.

Lex Luthor vs Two-Face? (no 'real' weapons, in Luthor's office)

Lobo vs Deadpool?

Green Lantern with infinite energy vs Silver Surfer?

Batman vs Daredevil? Batman only gets hand to hand and batarangs, DD can use his billy clubs and hand to hand.

Ozymandias vs Batman? Not a fistfight at all. They're just both trying to accomplish something through social engineering 'n' **** and know what the other guy is trying to do so it's just a PREPARATION TIME-off basically.

Rupert Throne vs J. Jonah Jameson? Thorne wants to be elected into public office; JJJ wants him to not be elected and holds Spider-Man levels of contempt for him. Almost said Luthor but I think Luthor'd trounce JJJ's pedestrian hate journalism.

Black Cat vs Catwoman. No weapons for BC but Catwoman gets the whip.

Arcade vs The Riddler? Both are in a deathtrap of the other's design and must race through it to reach a gun with which to shoot the other guy.

Aquaman vs Namor?

The Joker vs Mr. Negative? This is a gang war where they are trying to get the same turf, not a personal fight

Mr. Freeze vs Penguin? Penguin is very powerful and well-entrenched and has Nora. Freeze has no resources other than a laboratory and as much prep time and resources as he needs but can't hire muscle or anything

Lex Luthor vs Mr. Lau? LexCorp is hoping to expand into Hong Kong.

Wish I'd asked Tom some of these but alas, I cared not about puny mortal comic books back then
Holy **** my mind is going wild.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
What is your real name and what is Ryker?
What's your #1 favorite video game?
If you could have any 1 super power, what would you have?
What have been your favorite mafia games: recent, not so recent, old?
How would you describe your play style?
How would you describe your personality?
Major hopes and dreams?

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
How did you figure out Skies of Acadia mafia so fast? What was your game plan from start to finish? Was there anything in that game that threw your plan for a loop, and required you to rethink your strategy?

If you remember, in Portal mafia, you came up with a plan to lure out the SK. Tell me, do you usually form plans like this as scum? What are some important factors to look for when forming a plan as scum? As town?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
What are some of your greatest accomplishments in life?

Favorite video game? Why?
If you could make a game, what would it be? I expect a wall of text here.

Did you get those majestic blue eyes at the same place you got that sexy smile?

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Favorite shoe brands from most favorite to least favorite? Also what brand of shoes are you currently wearing?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
How can I best improve at mafia aside from the obvious answer of "Just play more?"

When are you going to come visit me in Canadia?

When are we going to run back the Murderbush? Actually, we should run that back for OS's game. Y/N/KevinM?

My sources confirm that you may, in fact, like Ike. C/D?

Talk to me about Skies. Did you love that role or what? :gova:

Create a question that you think I would ask you and then answer it.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
What are your dreams for the future? One realistic one and one overly ambitious one, please.
Realistic - Get married. Have at least one kid. Generic answer, but one that is really important to me.

Ambitious - Reach a point where I no longer have to work before age 45. I am literally the smartest person I have ever met and it's possible. Whether it's because I have enough money to retire at 45 or because I no longer consider it work because it's something I enjoy doing so much I don't call it work.

Most embarassing thing about you that your parents know?
I know there is a worse thing out there because there isn't too much about me that my parents don't know, but I'll say the fact that I still had a pacifier until age five because I can't think of anything worse.

Ever seen something you knew you shouldn't have seen? What was it and what did you do?
My big Christmas gift one year (tickets to Disney World). I acted surprised. I really don't have a good one for this.

Would you consider ever name-changing? If so, what to?
Real life, no. Online? Sure, if I thought of something I liked enough to ditch this name. It has a lot of history for me, but I would start forging more if I found something I liked more. I enjoy using other names on other places because I like funny stuff, but when it's what I'm going to be primarily recognized with by a group I care about socializing with at all, then I want it not to look ********.

What's your guilty pleasure?
Mario Kart, Mario Party, or bad anime. Take your pick. I can pull off all three. I make it a point not to feel guilty about anything.

Name 5 things I don't know about you.
I have never seen a horror movie all the way through.
I have scared ****less of stinging bugs and spiders/snakes that I know are dangerous.
I own an authentic union army cap, but not a confederate one.
I have been to 18 states at the age of 21. Another reasonable goal I can mention is to visit all 50 U.S. states before I die.
I cried when I finished reading "Where The Red Fern Grows."

If you were a girl, what would you like to be named? Would you name your daughter like that?
Jessica. Honorable mention goes to Andrea. Possibly, but probably not. I would likely name a daughter something starting with an A, as my name, my brother's name, and my sister's name all start with A. Andrea would probably not work because it would be a lot of hassle for no reason as my name is Andrew.

What's your "life philosophy"/slogan?
Four things make up my life philosophy.

1.) If it's possible, I can do it.

I am smart. So smart, in fact, that there is literally nothing I cannot do if I care to do it. The price in my time and the fact that there I don't give a **** about a lot of stuff is what keeps me from doing many things. Note that I use "I" here instead of "You." I'm proud of the fact that I'm lucky enough to have my mind.

2.) You can't be disappointed in yourself if you don't know you can do better.

I can get in a REAL funk if I do badly at something. I KNOW I can do better and that fact is the only reason I can even get disappointed in myself. Framing it like that goes a long way to not beating yourself up over something unjustly. I've gotten very good at psychologically outsmarting myself like this. However, I can get behind statements like that and consider myself the ****ing best through all the knocks I take.

3.) It feels good when other people have confidence in you. It is necessary to have confidence in yourself.

It doesn't matter at all what other people think about your ability. It is imperative that you believe that you can do something in order to do it. For example, I will psyche myself up for any sort of competitive setting and, even if I know that I'm outclassed on some mental level, I will go into that match believing I am favored to win. This does not mean to be a fool and underestimate the difficulty of any given task.

4.) Always have a plan.

Self explanatory. Don't just wing it unless "just winging it" is your plan (generally only applicable for stuff you do for fun).

Make a Rockin gay joke!
I heard Rockin's like an ambulance. He gets loaded from the back and goes "WOO-WOO!"

Has anyone ever been crushed to death by the sheer mass of your ego?
It's fairly likely. If something has to be crushed, it's certainly not going to be my ego.

How close is your online persona to your RL persona?

:059:
Fairly. I'm slightly more reserved because anonymity is a shield. I swear less because people care more. On the whole, it's pretty close though. I am extremely confident and I enjoy letting people know about it. I would say you get to see me be nicer more often IRL. There are fewer times that genuine empathy is called for online, but there are even a few people here who would vouch for me not being a complete douchebag when things don't go well for others. There is normally nothing to gain from kicking a man while he's down.

What is a man?
A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk,... have at you!

Alternatively, a man is one who does what he has to do in order to achieve what he wants. If they can't do what they have to, then they can't be called a man.

Best scum/town/indie performances?
Ahhhhhh. The mafia questions begin.

Scum (I assume you mean mafia) - Batma(n)fia 2. Lost Mafia.

Batma(n)fia 2 was my first game as mafia on SWF. No one really had me marked as a powerful player. I ended up bussing KevMo and Cello on Days 1 & 2. I maintained a town read throughout the game from, essentially, everyone and I won in LyLo by getting the mislynch on Junglefever with the remaining player being Steel whose Speaker For The Dead role allowed him to speak with everyone who had died (meaning the entire game).

Lost mafia is a game that had severe set-up problems, but I played well that game despite losing. I had a finger in everything and I took a lot of risks where I stuck my neck out and succeeded in saving scum mates and affecting reads without being pinned to it, even in the witch hunts that followed the flip of scum J. I managed to successfully avoid both of the investigative roles and get Doc EE to protect me from the Vig (Glyph). In the end, a no-kill mafia was just pigeonholed by the fact that there was a cop, a tracker, a doc, and a vig on town when scum had no answer. When someone reached the point that they were no longer going to be lynched outside of some crazy circumstances, we couldn't deal with them because no night kill means very little control. I am still fond of the post I made when Kat and I threw in the towel.

Town - Rusty Guillotine. Higurashi. Shining Force. Final Fantasy Tactics.

Rusty Guillotine was a game I adored. I ended up figuring out the game down to a certain pool with room for a single mislynch (the only one we could afford). I correctly pinned J as town, saved his ***, and worked with him to eliminate that scum pool. The entire time, I was working against town Cello who was working hard to throw the game. So much fun.

Higurashi and Shining Force are the same story. In Higurashi and in Shining Force, I was correct about the entire scum team as was Kuz (Higurashi) and Swiss (Shining Force). In both games, I was the cop, so I sat in the back perfectly willing to let the other townie take the bullet and to play a support role. Hell, I didn't even need to claim because I knew we were right. It was simple, clean play and a good preformance. I do not hold MvP for either of those games because I played to my role. I am still satisfied with knowing I played at least as well as the other two. Note that I replaced into Higurashi.

I won't rant about FFT, but there was an AMAZING play involving getting common town read Gheb killed (shoutouts to Gheb playing well as scum in that game) in the same phase as scum Ruy and otherwise adding direction to a rather lost town full of easily mislead players. I wasn't entirely right about the rest of the game. I made mistakes, but essentially every lynch that occurred went through because I wanted it to and that play lead to town victory.

Indy - Dissidia. Skies of Arcadia.

I have never drawn indy on my main account. I have never lost as indy.

Dissidia (Radical Fiction - Sephiroth, Serial Killer) and Skies of Arcadia (Aggressive Mediation - Ramirez, Independent Redirector) both showcase my hydra partner and I playing the edge of the knife until it's safe to come out and be obvtown and controlling every aspect of the game with a HUGE level of preparation and great reads and reactions. These two might be my favorite games I've ever played and in no small part due to Swiss and Laundry who I played them alongside.

Why are gambits not necessarily bad?

When are gambits bad?
Because if they work, then you have succeeded and profited from it.

They're bad when they don't work because you gained nothing and you have blown your credibility.

Things like a cop gambit are easy to see direct results from because you can see a flip resulting from it. Things like a Day Vig gambit are normally BAD because you stand to blow your credibility and not net significant gain that you couldn't have worked out without it.

My advice, don't gambit if you plan on ever revealing that it is a gambit. It doesn't help you. Success or failure, then you will be hurting your influence in the thread and gimping yourself. I wouldn't gamble in the long term either, if I were you as it is MUCH more dangerous and the list of people I trust to gamble in mafia can be numbered on one hand.

I am not going into how to gamble successfully because it hinges on being competent enough to support it and with an explanation of how to do it players whose reads and influence are not at a level to succeed will attempt to gamble, fail, and hurt me in games.

Can you use WIFOM to your advantage, or is it pure chance?
Yes! For the love of god, yes. People don't UNDERSTAND WIFOM. Any possible alternate explanation makes a situation WIFOM. You have to weigh likelihoods and be able to convince people that your proposal is the one that is actually happening, regardless of if you are town trying to get a scum lynch or scum trying to manipulate a situation.

Ideal role, ideal scum/town teams[/B]
Ideal roles in order from favorite to worst- Town Bulletproof. Mafia Godfather. Bulletproof Serial Killer. Town Vig (not Day Vig, **** that role). Town Comparison Cop. Town Sane Cop.

These are the roles that make it where I don't have to depend on other people. These are the best roles.

Ideal scum team - Ryker, Swiss, EE. I'll take Marshy, Stew, or Gova if I need a fourth. Any of them.

Pick your town team and we would pick it apart.

Ideal town team - Considering an 18 man game. 4 mafia and one indy. Leaves 13 townies.

Ryker, Swiss, EE, Raz, Gova, Sworddancer, Nabe, Circus, Soup, JTB, Gorf, Laundry, and Stew.

Not too many strong willed players and not a player on that list who isn't good enough to get their alignment out in the open for players like Swiss, EE, Circus, and myself to pick up on and convince others of. I am confident in each of those players to make the right choices with night actions and to handle LyLo provided that I do my job and get enough information out there before I inevitably die.

When and how did you get started in mafia?
AiB! Sprite (Vult Redux on SWF) hosted a "Werewolf" game, which was just a vanilla mafia game, on the General Silliness board. It was the first exposure I, or most anyone there, had to mafia. The game clicked with me because it involved common sense and reading people. I was one of the best on AiB because I figured the game out quickly and have been improving since.

Why did you pick Ryker as a name?
I was told by a friend to follow him during lunch one day my Freshman year of high school. I went to a senior computer class classroom where a group of about 12 of us played Counter Strike during lunch every day. Everyone else had a handle and I wanted one. I threw together the syllables off the top of my head and I've stuck with it. I used "Cpt" as a way to get around sites where it was already taken. It's simply coincidence that it is the same name as a Star Trek character.

I use it still because it is a simple name that sounds cool, fairly normal, isn't horribly unoriginal, and is short.

Why don't you love me (on Facebook)?
Because I barely use Facebook. I've only ever done one thing that wasn't related to AL smash on it. Off of Facebook, I love you a lot.

Does the ideal scumteam play to suit a town, or take control from the outset and run the game their way?
Yes.

They look at the game, the playerlist, their team, and decide which of those two is possible and do the one that makes them win. Personally, I prefer the latter. It is much harder.

When is someone going to bring more AiBers over here?
Only in my dreams.

Given a weapon of your choice, how many clones of Rockin could you take down before they overwhelmed you? Assume the Rockins come at you one at a time.
Trick question. My weapon of choice is the first Rockin.

How do you ryker someone being ryker, and can others ryker as well? Can others ryker Ryker too?
Read any game where I deal with Cello Marl. Cello can ryker. No one rykers Ryker.

How do you feel when you ryker someone?
Satisfied.

How would you feel if someone ryker'd you?
Wouldn't know. Probably frustrated.

What if I told you that I could ryker you right now? How afraid would you be?

Left 4 Dead style, 3 other Dgamers to watch your back in a zombie apocalypse?
Military Marshy and Big Man EE. I am confident in my own ability to keep up with the motivation of a zombie apocalypse at my back. I would take you as my fourth. I feel you wouldn't slow us down and your smile would brighten my day (being Texan in a zombie apocalypse is also a plus).

If one of them gets infected do you kill them instantly or use em' till they turn?[/B]
Depends on the speed of the turn. I'd probably use 'em. I would have no qualms with pulling the trigger if asked to though. I've thought of that scenario before.

Is it sad I can answer about half of these questions in the first place?
Nah, you've been around the block. You're more than a beginner.

Favorite song?
Jukebox Hero by Foreigner.

Name 5 things I don't know about you.
****. I was trying to get this done. These questions are ****ing hard if I want to be interesting.

I slept with a stuffed Ernie (from Sesame Street) when I was little. I chewed most of its hair off when I was teething.
I got my first kiss when I was eight.
I never three starred Mario Kart Wii.
I've never been able to stomach a full episode of Futurama.
I hate ninety percent of today's mainstream music. I also hate 90% today's non-mainstream music.

5 DGamers you'd chill with on a given night?
Easy.

You, Stew, Juu, Raz, Gova. If Juu does not count, then Glyph.

If you could choose one place to go in the world right now, where would it be?
Disney World. Every single time and especially after closing.

Who are your top five favorite characters from anything ever?
I have thought about this a lot after seeing where you asked it a few days back. By characters, I'm assuming I can't choose people from real life, so I have to get my two second strings.

In no particular order:

Kamina - Gurren Lagann (anime)
Kelsier - Mistborn (book)
Doctor Doom - Marvel Comics
The Joker - DC Comics
Peter Wiggin - Ender's Game series (book)

How do you read me so gogdamn well? Other people never get the hang of it but you always peg me every time.
Lots of exposure to you. In mafia and out of mafia. I've gotten pretty damn good at figuring out what it is you want.

What was your favorite event on AiB?
MSPaint Side Qwest.

What was your favorite mafia game from AiB?
Ballistic Serenade or LotR.

Can you pierce through the heavens with your ego? I'd say your drill but no one wants Rockin to get aroused while reading this.
That's a rather difficult proposition when you consider the physics involved. The world revolves around me, after all.

Speaking of aroused Rockin, let's say you, Swiss, and I are camping out in the woods when the guy comes barreling out of the woods at us with the biggest erection you've ever seen. What would you do?
We're camping in the woods. This means I have access to a rifle. Said rifle would be aimed. I'd react from there.

Favorite mafia game here on DGames?
Hard. Probably Dissidia. Maybe Skies.

Favorite event here on DGames as well?
Karaoke night.

What was one of the worst moments of your life?
Duh-duh-duh-dumped. Spring of junior year.

What made you flat-out vanish from AiB sometime after Sprite's first WW until partway through WWX? [/b]

School. I had to get the **** off the internet and get my life straightened out. I did so, so I came back.

Penny for my thoughts?

I'm currently thinking that I'll bookmark that image.

Ryker-chan, it was pretty cool to meet you. You were the first person I met that could keep up with me (might have something to do with that ADD + intellectually gifted combo, hurrr). So, I was wondering, who is the first person you met that could keep up with you?
It probably does have a lot to do with that.

I'm lucky enough to have a brother who is 23 months younger than me. He is the first person I met who could keep up with me. Outside of my family, it would be a guy I met in middle school named Blaine. He was about two feet taller than me, so it looked odd to see the two of us hanging out, but we were good friends until different high schools separated us.

I've met a few people since then, but there are very few people I would say fit that description. It's one of the reasons I like the internet. People like me show up there.

If you had a son, what fatherly life advice would you give him?
When you screw up, don't run from the problem. Confront it. Wait until it makes sense to confront it because confronting it immediately can cause some things to blow up in your face, but do NOT just hope it will go away.

If you met Rockin IRL and he turned out to be a woman, how would you react?
Depends, how hot?

Now say she's hot, and she hits on you. Now what?
I'd certainly be more of a gentleman, but I'd probably not tap that. Rockin and I could never work out, girl or not. Could not possibly work.

Dogs or cats and why?
Dogs. Personal experience.

I hate cats. Kittens are awesome until they turn into cats. Dogs are infinitely better because you can love a dog and a dog will love you. You can love a cat and it won't give two ****s about you. You work on its schedule.

What advice would you give to newbies?
Grow a thick skin. Ask questions. Don't be bullheaded when it's pointed out where you're wrong. Don't make the same mistake twice.

What's something controversial that you believe about mafia?
Frozenflame is absolute trash garbage in comparison to his reputation. He's about average.

Is your ego for real, or are you really just acting?
As much as I enjoy talking about ego, it's not ego. It's confidence. That being said, yes, I am that confident. I am 90% certain that I am the smartest person I have ever met. That 10% is the possibility that my brother is smarter than I. I do not believe that he is, but he's DAMN smart and that might really be my ego talking.

Say you were an indie who had the win con of being nice and not cursing for one Day. Literally all you had to do was not have an ego for Day 1, and you win, no matter what happens to you that Day. You also have to complement every player in the game at least once. Would you play to it?
Nope. It's a ******* role. I wouldn't play to that win con and I wouldn't play to a Jester win con. Both would result in me posting my role PM.

What non-fighting games do you play?
I don't play all of these still, but these are what I enjoy as far as video games go.

RPGs. A LOT of RPGs. League of Legends. A couple of rhythm and puzzle games (shout outs to Professor Layton and Pokemon Puzzle League). A few shooters (Gears, L4D, Counterstrike). Platformers, lots of them, especially challenging ones like Super Meat Boy or the classics like Mario, Sonic, Banjo. Megaman, Castelvania, and games like them (but not Metroid, surprisingly). Any LoZ game. Mario Kart. Mario Parties 1-6. MMOs that tickle my fancy. And NCAA.

What advice would you give me as a player?
Don't be wrong. You can do everything required to be a good player, I've seen it, but you're just wrong sometimes. Make sure that everything you do has a point to it, even if that point is to "see what happens." Try working with those people you normally clash with if you believe they are town.

What advice would you give Legolz?
Don't go inactive. Don't draw stupid indy alignment changers. Look hard at who stands to benefit from each flip and how that could have effected their stance the previous day.

Good or evil?
In reality, good. In a hypothetical where no one gets hurt, evil every single time.

Day or night?
Night, every time.

The sun or moon?
The sun. I am no one's mirror.

Come down to Florida (not a theme park I'm broke)?
I'll probably be down there for a smash tourney at some point this year. I'll make sure to give you the heads up before then.

What's your type?
Short, red head.

Quick, capable, intelligent, at least some degree of nerd.

What's your Pokemon type?
Rock.

What's your woman's Pokemon type?
Flying.

I just had a dream about you. Are you by coincidence a fish-human hybrid AND drummer for an awesome underwater band, and the representation/avatar of death?

In that case, sorry for accidentally killing you.
Nope, not me. However, I am Death's default avatar on the internet.

Favorite TV shows/movies/music/anime/books?
Gurren Lagann (anime). Ender's Game (books). Mistborn (books). Wheel of Time (books). Epic (book). Inception (movie). The Dark Knight (movie). The Protomen (music albums). MSPaint Adventures (webcomic). Camelot (theater). Psyche (TV Show). Chuck (TV Show).

That's it for the top of my head.

Tell me the Average day of "Ryker."
I don't have average days.

Any other Mafia sites besides AiB or DGames that you have played at? What's your opinion on sites like EpicMafia or MafiaScum?
Nope.

Garbage and unduly elitist respectively.

Favorite players to hydra with? I see play hydras with certain people, but tell me your favorite.
Swiss and Laundry. Shout outs go out to Gova and Xonar after that. Stew rounds out my top five.

Is the DGames Skype Group still heavily active? Why did you suddenly become the one to host every call, besides Gova?
Not as active as it used to be, but there are people here every day.

He and I are the people who are always here. I am the one who likes to talk waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than type. No call, so I host.

Who are your top 10 favorite fictional characters?
Kamina - Gurren Lagann (anime)
Kelsier - Mistborn (book)
Doctor Doom - Marvel Comics
The Joker - DC Comics
Peter Wiggin - Ender's Game series (book)

Then my bottom five are, in no particular order:

Dave Strider - Homestuck (webcomic)
Marsh - Mistborn (book)
Kittan - Gurren Lagann (anime)
Moriarty - Sherlock Holmes (book)
Erik/Cindella - Epic (book)
Captain America - Marvel Comics

Yes, that's 11. Deal with it.

If you could meet any 5 people from Dgames, that you haven't already met then who would they be?
Gova, Raz, Glyph, Xonar, and EE

My my my, what do we have here? A peculiar peculiarity, do I adhere?
Oh god, please no.

What's up with the "I'm the best, all of your plays are ****, follow me" persona? Have you tried doing this in-person?
I am the best. **** plays are ****. I win if you follow me. One hundred percent of the time.

I do it in-person. I am the best when I am the best. I call **** what it is. If something requires a group and I want it to get done right, I get people to do what I want. It's hard to compare because I am not the best at some things. I am the best at mafia.

Who do you think the top 5 town players are in Dgames?
Ryker
EE
Swiss
Kuz
Xonar or J. I am undecided.

No one else unless I am forgetting someone.

What is your level of accomplishment in academia? What do you want to do with yourself in the future?
High school graduate. Doing the college thing.

I want to get the girl. I want to see the states and accomplish things. I want to settle down and have a family. I want to be the best damn dad ever. I want to never be content and always strive to do more. I can be content when I'm dead knowing that I did everything I could. Always move forward, death will find you eventually, but you don't have to sit and wait.

I have no clue about what I'm going to end up doing for a job in the long run, but right now I'm looking at computers. Eventually I want to be my own boss.

Who's the hottest girl on the planet?
Ignoring the fact that I don't know all the girls on the planet (yet), probably Danielle Panabaker, although most people will disagree with me.

If there was one dude who you HAD to bottom for, who would it be?
Me.

On a scale from 1 - 10, answering only with whole numbers, 1 being a little and 10 being a lot, how much do you love me? Note: you can not choose the option "hate" on this scale, and you must choose a whole number. Variables aren't allowed.
Your scale isn't going to work. I don't particularly care. I don't hate you. I certainly don't like you. I'm rather indifferent.

Are you actually gay? Because if you are, we've really been missing out...
Nope. Never would consider it. I like women too much.
but there is that Gova factor.....

Growing a beard again?
Hair doesn't stop growing, so yes. In a better answer, I am. I can't stand that feeling of reaching up to my chin and not having a beard to stroke.

Favorite up and coming player for mafia?
Does JTB count? How about Soup? If not, then Kary.

Will you ever do a Cosmo run of OoT or redo Wind Waker?
No one can do a Cosmo run of OoT.

When I get another copy, I will very likely start running Wind Waker again. It's too cool not to. I enjoy being able to show people it. Ditto with my ****ty, ****ty, 13 star run on Mario 64.

Worst role ever made around here?
Calvin. LoDScrew.

Best role ever made around here?
Was it Two-Face? Circus's role in Superheroes.

Dumbest town?
No such thing. You can have such widely different events happening with the same team.

Smartest town?
Ditto.

Will you ever take to more ranked with Masked Heroes/Elemental?
If I ever find the time. Work cuts into it a lot.

Mid/Top/BotAD/Support/Jungle?[/B]
Ezreal/Ezreal/Ezreal/Veigar/Ezreal

Lux/Garen/Ezreal/Sona/Shen

Top 5 favorite Pokemon?
1.) Gastrodon
2.) Squirtle
3.) Dragonite
4.) Machamp
5.) Jigglypuff

Favorite Pokemon Game?
Puzzle League. Far and away.

Favorite Pokemon Generation?
Gen 1.

Why do you use Falco over other characters?
1.) He's good and I like winning.
2.) Of the good characters, he was the first one I played that fit me well. He lets me ride momentum when I get going. He lets me be SUPER lame. He has REALLY good oh **** buttons.
3.) He's a cocky *******.

When am I going to see you at another tournament?
Go to WHOBO. >:(

Choose a picture to describe yourself.

I may can do better, but this will suffice. Ironically, I think I got this one from you.

Choose a song to describe yourself.
This one's pretty hard. I don't think I can pick something with words. Here you are.

What is your greatest accomplishment in life?
Beating my father at Trivial Pursuit. Seriously. It meant a lot to me.

What is love?

Why do you play/act like a man in everything besides fighting games!?
I enjoy playing lame. I can get opened up like the first can of beans in Texas during the zombie apocalypse if they get in, so I have to be right the entire time to put up my perfect wall. It's a mental battle and an endurance war. I enjoy it a lot.

Favorite fighting game?
Easily Brawl. Then Melee/64. Then Blazblue: Calamity Trigger.

Favorite Toohoo?
Easily Hisoutensoku.
Opinion of myself in everything!?
Opinion of Ranmaru?
Opinion of Ryker?
Opinion of opinions?

Opinion on opinions of opinions?
Opinions on adum asking on opinions on opinions of opinions?

My opinion is that you are entitled to your own opinion. However, your opinion is wrong, and my opinion is right.

This is happening somewhere else, but, goddammit, it's going down.

Make a gay joke about somebody that isn't rockin.
So, I heard that Adum, FF, Dork Horse, and Joey can all fit one stool if you turn it upside down.

You're a knight errant, while in your questing you meet a monster. Which dgamer is that monster?
Gheb.

Ryker how sad is it to know that i could beat your entire state with 8 stocks?

How did you get involved in theatre?
Through middle school. It just stuck.

What brought you from AiB to SWF mafia?
A friend of mine discovered it and wanted to try playing here. He hated playing with Marshy and Kevin and the sheep that left them alone so much that he's never played a second game here.

How do you feel being a huge contributor to the community of DGames?
Feels good. When I am passionate about something, I want to see it improved. You want to see something happen around here, I'm a very good choice to contact to get it to happen so long as it's a good idea.

What other schemes do you have in mind for the future?
Anonymous Mafia. Multiple set-up ideas. AGame when I have time. Possible new decisive game, depends on if I can theorycraft it out.

Who do you feel are the biggest threats/people to get around when you are playing games?
EE will always be the biggest threat. Most people should see Swiss and myself as the second biggest threats because EE has the advantage of a spotless reputation. Past that, Marshy, Kevin, and Gheb. They're a pain in the *** as any alignment because they will not let you know enough to figure them out. Marshy and Kevin in particular have two of the most anti-town playstyles ever. I, however, enjoy the challenge.

What are some of your favorite songs/music selections?
Classic rock. 90% of it. I like orchestral stuff as well. I enjoy video game sound tracks and remixes for nostalgia and the scores for multiple movies. I do not like most new music.

Who are your favorite hydras to see play?
Jupiter's Biceps, Chuckie, and Axel. Axel probably has the most positive effect on a slot than any other hydra not including me.

How did you get started into mafia?
AiB. Answered it more in-depth above.

How did you and WL get so close?
Again, AiB. He and I hit it off there. Skype was a thing there, so we were around a lot. There's a lot of interest overlap and we went on to other websites and communities because we were both interested. We both can be pretty driven at getting things we want done. He's a friend, how did you get close with any friend?

What is your real name and what is Ryker?
What's your #1 favorite video game?
Andrew and Lufia II. Best video game I have ever played. TWEWY is next, then there is a rather large gap.

If you could have any 1 super power, what would you have?
Straight up super strength with the durability that would let my body withstand using it. I could do so much with that.

What have been your favorite mafia games: recent, not so recent, old?
Batma(n)fia, Dissidia, Rusty Guillotine, UTrick'd2, TMNT, KSSU:RoMK, FFT, Skies, Ballistic Serenade, LotR.

How would you describe your play style?
Righteously Aggressive March To Victory.

It's a very thorough process of elimination. I can get anyone in the game lynched by day 2 if I want and I abuse that. I lynch people to narrow the possible scum throughout the game (starting with the scummiest) as town. I lynch people who could possibly stop me as mafia (starting as high as I can safely get away with).

How would you describe your personality?
I'm a ****. I'm a smartass. I'm egotistical. I'm overconfident. I'm also driven and one of the absolute best people to have nearby when you need someone to help you through a problem, to help give sound advice, or to give a shoulder to cry on.

Major hopes and dreams?[/B]
I must've answered this three times by now.

These are my major hopes and dreams:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUnlh-Air2w

How did you figure out Skies of Acadia mafia so fast? What was your game plan from start to finish? Was there anything in that game that threw your plan for a loop, and required you to rethink your strategy?
Process of elimination. I figured out what I assumed would be included. Marked it off when I found it. I figured out what was confirmed to exist. Added it in the blanks. I matched people's play to the roles I assumed to exist. I added new things as they emerged. It solved itself.

Recruiter, Masons, and the fact that J wasn't scum all threw me for a loop and forced me to adjust.

If you remember, in Portal mafia, you came up with a plan to lure out the SK. Tell me, do you usually form plans like this as scum? What are some important factors to look for when forming a plan as scum? As town?
I always form a plan. I have eighty different contingency plans. Nine times out of ten, one of them will work for the situation. That last time, one of them can be adapted to work. Regardless of alignment, I am ALWAYS forming a plan. That plan is ALWAYS changing.

When forming a plan as either alignment, KEEP TRACK OF WHAT YOU KNOW! Things you assume, make a plan for. Make a back-up plan in case you're wrong. Make a second plan in either scenario. Look at how it will make people react. Keep track of how your different plans will make people react as things change. When you get new information, change your plans to reflect that. Keep an eye out for when to take risks. Examine what happens if you take that risk. See what happens in the far future and if it is implemented. Can that problem be avoided.

Always look at contingencies. I have to talk out these plans. With a hydra mate, with the mod, with myself. Some people can do it all in their head.

Favorite video game? Why?
Lufia II. Good system. Best damn story in any video game ever. Powerful ending.

If you could make a game, what would it be? I expect a wall of text here.
I need to end this, I've been working on it for four hours. I'll give you the abridged version. Ask me on Skype if you want details.

A fantasy JRPG with an early branch in story that you decide which path you want to take. Decisions you make affect who will be on your side and who against you in the end. The main character stands a high chance of being killed off. I would LOVE to explore how such a blow would effect the rest of the cast and how they would step up to deal with it or step down because they can't.

I've given it a LOT of thought. Laundry knows.

Did you get those majestic blue eyes at the same place you got that sexy smile?

Favorite shoe brands from most favorite to least favorite? Also what brand of shoes are you currently wearing?
Nikes, Sketchers, Newbalance, scumbag Reboks.

Nikes.

How can I best improve at mafia aside from the obvious answer of "Just play more?"
Analyze mistakes. Do not make them again.

Put in more work. Plan more, read more, analyze more. You have to decide if it's worth the time investment.

When are you going to come visit me in Canadia?
As soon as we can make it happen. Real talk.

When are we going to run back the Murderbush? Actually, we should run that back for OS's game. Y/N/KevinM?
Gotta choose that KevinM. Any time you want, I would be willing to hydra with enough warning.

My sources confirm that you may, in fact, like Ike. C/D?
Rumor has it that rolling could be detrimental to your health.

Talk to me about Skies. Did you love that role or what? :awesome:
You did a REALLY good job of putting in three different roles that I consider cardinal sins and making me still not hate the set-up. I like indy redirector as a concept, but goddamn it's hard with investigatives running around and no BP. We played REALLY well in that game, but I'm not gonna lie and say that a couple of things didn't just fall right.

Create a question that you think I would ask you and then answer it.
What are you doing?

WINNING!
:gova::gova::gova::gova::gova:

Top Bottom