• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DG Archive & MVPs

Status
Not open for further replies.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I don't think anyone here (besides chibo) indicates Dice as a huge factor. A lot of good players don't have dice, a lot of good players do.

I don't think it's really elitist, unless you can show somehow that it is.

#HBC | ѕoup

Time Travelers - Overswarm - No MvP
Founding of DGamesia - Gordito -No MvP
Upick Pokemafia - Asdioh - No MvP
FFIX Mafia - gheb_01 - July/th3kuzinator
Ragnarok Mafia - Sold2 - No MvP
Megaman X - Soupamario - No MvP
Awkward Moments - Sworddancer. -No MvP
Newbie 14 - Gheb_01 - No MvP
Higurashi Mafia - JTB - th3kuzinator
Majoras Mask Mafia - X1-12 - No MvP
Halloween Party - Nabe - No MvP
UTrick'd2 - DtJ Glyphmoney - No MvP
Britches and Hose - Gova - Swiss
Hentai Mafia II - Ryker - No MvP
Newbie 15 - Gova - No MvP
Portal Mafia - X1-12 - No MvP
Lost Mafia - Tandora - No MvP
Fire and Lightning Mafia - Red Ryu - Brosuke
Out of 17 games, only 4 people were given MVP.

Maybe we should be even less lenient on Dice giving? I see some of those games with No MvP and honestly there are some notable people from them that could've got Dice.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Back when I first started I played for dice.

Now I just love mafia too much to stop playing but dice incentivised me to get into a game I might otherwise not have picked up.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Kuz <33333

He so right. I loved my dice. Those were awesome.

In fact, it was because of those, and X1 telling me I was so pro at this game (thats the exact words) and I was like **** yea imma keep playing xP But I did bad. Must have been cuz I was scum. xDDD

I also feel bad that July doesn't have Dice no more. But I also see people hiding their dice as well. hmmm

dunno why I said no more... heh.

I feel there were times she deserved MVP. Maybe Halloween. or her indie games.

#HBC | ѕoup

I know a lot of factors come in when giving out dice, like how good the opposing team did.

I don't think there should be a penalty to the winning team if the opposing team did bad. (e.g Kantrip in Awkward Moments)

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I could have gotten dice in De Grey man or Adventure Time, but I don't like arguing that since I don't play for it and it just feels like a boasting match of how well I did.

And I don't like doing that because I think I come off as an *** when I do.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
You could've gotten it in D.Gray but no one was stealing dice from EBR in that game. You got July with a cop guilty. They pegged the entire scum team D2 (*******, July, they said Gova initially but also said Asidoh could be where Gova is) with no role to back them up. That's dice material regardless of circumstances.

But yeh, I don't see why people need to be less lenient when we've given out 4 MVPs in the past 17 games (5/18 now if you include Swiss' in Shining Force). That's a less than 1/3 clip.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Yeah that's true, and I even understand why people said I should not have gotten it in Adventure Time. Could have argued it, but it just doesn't seem worth it for a post bit. I'd rather just be there to help my faction win and secure it over anything else.

Still though, gotta agree, people need to give it out more.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Dice are merely a nice thing. Any sensible player realizes that. Yes, there are a few ****bags around who play for dice and dice alone (FREEBO FREEBO FREEBO) but overall, I don't think we need to do widesweeping changes. I merely made an expression of disapproval for how elitist dice were becoming. Making it more elitist just seems even more inane. I don't see why I have to be good at mafia to be the most valuable player of a game (even though I am good at mafia and have been in line for MVP a couple of times if it weren't for last minute shenanigans).
Inane.

This is why we're gonna be zetta awesome <3

Edit: Ahh D Gray. The beginning of me actually getting good at this game :)

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I dunno why I misread you for a portion of that game when I reread it either Gorf, you should have be town from the start.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
He led the ML on aa for being dumb instead of scum so everyone thought he was scum until I came in and shut gheb down.

Kantrip

Kantplay

Now I just love mafia too much to stop playing but dice incentivised me to get into a game I might otherwise not have picked up.
This for me as well, kind of. I was intimidated by sections of the forum I hadn't been to before, so I didn't even look at Dgames. What got me to the forum was wondering about a postbit I saw someone had so I clicked for more information and it brought me here. I read the newbie thread and realized the main attraction here was something I had played before and I got into it pretty fast.

@Soup: The thing about Awkward Moments is that we have no reason to believe my performance would have been the same had town been on top of their game. They may have said "hey Kantrip is being really agreeable" or something and decided to pressure me for it, and it could have gone a whole new direction. I really got no pressure or suspicion from anyone in that game.
(My favourite part of the game is finding out the scumteam had come extremely close to killing me and decided to switch last minute to stalking me instead, finding out I was a traitor :smirk:)

John2k4

The End of an Era

Quite honestly, this is what got me into Mafia here. Them dice, man.

But agreed on Kuz's second point; game is just too fun to not play. :b:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'm a fan of the "tough luck" too, but removing dices isn't going to help us.
It's going to make people ***** n whine. It's unfair towards people like Gorf/Washed/Me and stuff, but welp, either put up or shut up.

We want the community to grow, ain't gonna happen if we're going to be this elitist.
Yeah, I really don't want this place to become elitest where we shunt out newer or less skilled/experienced players.
I don't believe I want to play mafia with someone who needs dice as an incentive to play well.
1.) The nature of any award requires some form of elitism.
2.) We're working on something that would let Dice be a reward for exemplary play and actually give people an incentive to try the game that isn't dice.

If Raz would get off his ***.

Oh man, rusty red and gold dice if your last dice was a year or more ago :smirk:
God, that's so good.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Some form of elitism is expected and should be there, however, adding even more for pointless reasons (due to 4/18, MvP meaning Most Valuable Player, etc.) is just stupid and it would probably be more discouraging than encouraging.

I'd say MvP's are fine the way they are, but then I realized 4/17 thanks to Soup. That's stupid lol.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Some form of elitism is expected and should be there, however, adding even more for pointless reasons (due to 4/18, MvP meaning Most Valuable Player, etc.) is just stupid and it would probably be more discouraging than encouraging.

I'd say MvP's are fine the way they are, but then I realized 4/17 thanks to Soup. That's stupid lol.
Exactly. All I wanted was for people to give them out a little more, that's all.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
previous 17 games to the ones supo pointed out said:
Bad Idea Mafia 4 - X1-12 - No MVP
Diddy Kong Racing - Meta-Kirby - No MVP
Super Heroes - Overswarm - Circus/Nabe
Bingo! - Kataefi - Glyph
Resident Evil 4 - J - Kataefi
Pizza - Nabe - No MVP
Melee Tournament - X1-12 - No MVP
Utrick'd - Glyph - Sold2
Kittens vs Domokuns - Tandora - J
Ducktales - Gheb_01 -No MVP
Touhou - Ryker - th3kuzinator
Pulp Fiction - Sworddancer - Evil Eye
Newbie 13 - J - SangfroidWarrior
Gurren Laggan - th3kuzinator - No MvP
KSSU: Revenge of Metaknight Mafia - Gova - No MvP
D.Gray-Man Mafia - Dark Horse - Erupting Burning Ryker!!! (Ryker/th3kuzinator hydra)
Time Travelers - Overswarm - No MvP
That's a clip of about 9/17. That's much better.

July

Smash Apprentice
I also feel bad that July doesn't have Dice no more. But I also see people hiding their dice as well. hmmm

dunno why I said no more... heh.

I feel there were times she deserved MVP. Maybe Halloween. or her indie games.
I honestly don't know what my MVP situation is. Pretty sure Kuz and I split it in FFIX and I think Gheb and I had gotten it in Pizza Mafia, but I never got dice lol.

By the time I thought I had an MVP worthy game the actual MVP title didn't really matter though. I wanted dice when I first came because I felt like it would somehow legitimize my play or show that I could hold my own, but at some point I came to see myself as accepted in the dgames community and after that dice haven't really mattered. Ultimately, prospective changes to the dice system don't bother me, I don't think more colors of dice/different qualifications/whatever would affect reputation or respect among players at all.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Oh don't get me wrong. I want dice, I just never let it be a motivation to play in the slightest. If I'm letting pixels control the quality of my play, there's something wrong with me. This should apply to anyone.

X1-12

Smash Champion
I think the system's never gonna be perfect and its doing alright as it is. Plus I mean I have gold dice I don't deserve and I'm k with that

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
I one day saw that I had red dice. Was excited about that. Wanted to get gold dice. Missed a few opportunities. Gradually lost interest.

Glad to see most Dgamers have the same story as me.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
wow its really been 2 months since this has been last updated. updating this sometime on the 24th. in the meantime if therere people whove earned dice and havent gotten em yet feel free to hit me up

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
updated lemme know if i missed anything. cant believe majoras mask was over 100 pages long :urg:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom