• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DG Archive & MVPs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Agree with Kuz, disagree with Joey. I think it's an award for exceptional performance and should be treated as such. It's not that it is given for being good at mafia, but being good at mafia should be a prerequisite for obtaining it.
What? No. That's stupid.

MvP is MvP. You're a valuble player to a game. Why people try to make it seem like MvP means more is just... stupid. It SHOULD be given for being the most valuble player in the game, showing a great performance to help your faction win. You don't have to be good at mafia to have a really good game. Too many factors come into play for that to be the case.

Saying "you have to be THIS good to get this" is just showing how elitist the people in Dgames are. If you have a really good performance, you should get dice. It's that simple.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Yea but Joey a great performance in a newbie game is different than a great performance in a real game, and that's the general point. If you have an absolutely astounding game, you deserve MVP. It's just the fact that that's almost certainly not gonna happen with not good players ya feel me homez?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Yea but Joey a great performance in a newbie game is different than a great performance in a real game, and that's the general point. If you have an absolutely astounding game, you deserve MVP. It's just the fact that that's almost certainly not gonna happen with not good players ya feel me homez?
Not even what I was discussing. Was discussing games in general. I agree 100% with newbie games not deserving dice, since there is an IC/SE leading the way through the whole game pretty much.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
No a newbie should be able to get MVP if they deserve it. It's just not likely that they will deserve it.
If a newbie does something without the help of an SE/IC that is worthy of MvP, then yes. But there will always be an IC/SE there to help, so I don't see how that is exactly possible lol.

Super Vegito

Smash Rookie
Well, yea. What Ryker means is that if you get the dice under Kuz' rules, you're good. If you're bad, you won't get dice. Simply. You won't get dice any time soon according to Kuz' rules because you haven't reached an MVP worthy level yet, and haven't given an MVP performance. I'm good, but just haven't given an MVP level performance yet. Ran's dice are for flawed reasoning (sorry my dude but yes you've gotten better and I shock myself every time I say it) because it was luck from a newbie game, which shouldn't be taken for MVP consideration imo.
Dont worry bout it. See my dice? No, you dont. I turned it off cuz I want to earn dice. I thought I did well cuz of that dice and acted all cool in soulcalibur cuz x1 was like omg u so gud but I realized I did pretty bad. I was honestly confused and won becauze vanny let me. Sowwy vanny.

:phone:

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Join any newbie game and be on the opposite faction as me and live to end-game. Guaranteed dice.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Dice should be harder to get, though you can get them in anygame. I for one wouldn't mind all scrapping our dice and starting again, red for two dice, gold for four. If you really deserve them, you'll get them again no?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yes, this is true.

I wouldn't mind either.

Why don't people make new colored dice?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Dice should be harder to get, though you can get them in anygame. I for one wouldn't mind all scrapping our dice and starting again, red for two dice, gold for four. If you really deserve them, you'll get them again no?

I'm game .

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Kind of sucks for all the people who don't play mafia anymore if you do that though.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Exactly what Glyph said; so the need to scrap the system is flawed. However, I think handing MVP's out like candies is an overstatement. In the games multiple MVPs were handed out, it was a group effort to secure the win. In FFVII, Tom gave the entire mafia MVP, cause we worked together the entire time to secure the victory. We played our part and made decisions as a whole, so you really can't define an MV"P" when you're working as parts of the whole. I'm all for standout townies and stuff, making a massive play, but you can't discount team work. I've seen quite a few games were multiple MVPs were handed out because it was a group effort. The play was not made by one person, but those peoples working towards that play. Sure you can credit one person as a face, but who made it happen? Who had the assist? That's why I think the old system, mod dependent, worked well. However, I like the tougher MVPs. But who am I kidding? I'm riddled with inactivity that I need to fix.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Even though I'm not playing for a while I'm definitely OK with Swiss' idea.

:059:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698

Nope, you can't Swiss. :smirk:

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan

I'm game with this... But it just feels like some of the older recognizable victory's will be long lost or something like that too early to properly articulate.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Exactly what Glyph said; so the need to scrap the system is flawed. However, I think handing MVP's out like candies is an overstatement. In the games multiple MVPs were handed out, it was a group effort to secure the win. In FFVII, Tom gave the entire mafia MVP, cause we worked together the entire time to secure the victory. We played our part and made decisions as a whole, so you really can't define an MV"P" when you're working as parts of the whole. I'm all for standout townies and stuff, making a massive play, but you can't discount team work. I've seen quite a few games were multiple MVPs were handed out because it was a group effort. The play was not made by one person, but those peoples working towards that play. Sure you can credit one person as a face, but who made it happen? Who had the assist? That's why I think the old system, mod dependent, worked well. However, I like the tougher MVPs. But who am I kidding? I'm riddled with inactivity that I need to fix.
K give Rajam MVP for F&L please.
He did his part perfectly.

kekekeke

but yeah, some of the old MVPs are really out of place IMO
But resetting now is dumb :(
I'm still basking in the F&L after effects

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm game with this... But it just feels like some of the older recognizable victory's will be long lost or something like that too early to properly articulate.
How about people just willingly give up their Dices so that the older ones don't really have to so that they still have dice to look at. Honor code etc

I mean we wouldn't worry because we'd be aiming to get new Dice.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Well, if the MvP really means so much, we could always have a few people to go through and retroactively remove/add MvP's and introduce the new system.

Can't see a lot of people being happy with that though. Expect to lose maybe 1/3rd of your MvP's.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Hell, even though I'd be one of the few to probably stay gold, I'm not sure I want this..there'd be so much *****ing.

Plus if I were on the panel some people would not have any MvP's.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
How about people just willingly give up their Dices so that the older ones don't really have to so that they still have dice to look at. Honor code etc

I mean we wouldn't worry because we'd be aiming to get new Dice.
That does little because the whole point is to lose a bunch of them so that dice are really an indicator of exemplary play.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
That does little because the whole point is to lose a bunch of them so that dice are really an indicator of exemplary play.
Well considering that some geezers might still want to keep them, then I guess the only other thing you could do is change the new dice bits into different colors. That way we can differentiate between the 'old dice' and 'new dice'.

Of course, if they were playing in a current game obv they shouldn't be allowed to keep the old dice in that scenario.

If not I dunno :bee:

What you think of that?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I'm a fan of the "tough luck" too, but removing dices isn't going to help us.
It's going to make people ***** n whine. It's unfair towards people like Gorf/Washed/Me and stuff, but welp, either put up or shut up.

We want the community to grow, ain't gonna happen if we're going to be this elitist.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
I don't believe I want to play mafia with someone who needs dice as an incentive to play well.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I don't believe I want to play mafia with someone who needs dice as an incentive to play well.
I guess that depends on why a player plays.

I play for fun, but I want to win too. Dice isn't a bad thing to look forward too.

Although I like the dice system. I don't know how Dgames meta is so strong, and I hope that it won't become weak without dice. (I'm just referring to games that are related to... mafia, but that just DON'T TALK AT ALL, and just have over powered roles and find mafia through ROLES, not scum hunting) [and they PM people and make alliances and some ****]

I have a game. I was in it. Guess who I was ;o

mother****er. The boards are down for maintanence... I'll link it later

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
The system is fine as is.

Dice should only be given out to above-average performances. I don't think it should be indication of who wins either, but that's just me.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Dice are merely a nice thing. Any sensible player realizes that. Yes, there are a few ****bags around who play for dice and dice alone (FREEBO FREEBO FREEBO) but overall, I don't think we need to do widesweeping changes. I merely made an expression of disapproval for how elitist dice were becoming. Making it more elitist just seems even more inane. I don't see why I have to be good at mafia to be the most valuable player of a game (even though I am good at mafia and have been in line for MVP a couple of times if it weren't for last minute shenanigans).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom