• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Melee Thread! 10/20 Little Rock, 10/27 San Antonio

Thoraxe

Smash Apprentice
Hey Sethlon! Sunday would be the bomb. i doubt any of us are too busy praising jesus at mass or whatever, we should worship nintendo idols instead. Is anyone else in favor of sunday smash fests?

Relusion93

Smash Rookie
Awesome denti! If i recall, you live somewhere around where the omg tourneys are usually held right? (i rmbr seeing this on a post once, i'm not a stalker i promise lol). Also, what time should we get there? (doors open at 12 and tourney starts at 1 supposedly).

Sethlon, if you can get one of ur roommates/someone with a car to drive you to the Irving/Coppell/Grapevine region - It's alot closer than ft. worth - then I could probably take you to Denti's.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Hey Sethlon! Sunday would be the bomb. i doubt any of us are too busy praising jesus at mass or whatever, we should worship nintendo idols instead. Is anyone else in favor of sunday smash fests?
Cool. Anyone veto sundays?

Sethlon, if you can get one of ur roommates/someone with a car to drive you to the Irving/Coppell/Grapevine region - It's alot closer than ft. worth - then I could probably take you to Denti's.
Legit. I could actually take the DART trains to that area, furthest stop is just by DFW airport.

Relusion93

Smash Rookie
^cool. i live like 10-15 away from dfw airport actually but i'm not exactly sure where that stop is so u might have to send me an address or something. On the other hand, i know where the downtown carrollton stop is so if that's a bit closer/more convenient for you, you can get off there too.

MimicMew

Smash Apprentice
Dallas scene acting alive. lol =]

Good luck in Austin, Dallas folks.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
^cool. i live like 10-15 away from dfw airport actually but i'm not exactly sure where that stop is so u might have to send me an address or something. On the other hand, i know where the downtown carrollton stop is so if that's a bit closer/more convenient for you, you can get off there too.
Actually yeah, Downtown carrollton would be more convenient. I'd have to hit the TRE to get to DFW airport, and that stuff is complicated/more expensive.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Well, turns out Denti is likely to be busy this weekend after all =/ I'm up for going still, but we'd need a new driver.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
If you guys can't make the tournament in Austin, I believe there's a cheaper, more local melee tournament happening in Fort Worth this weekend. It would basically just be us plus locals though.

Relusion93

Smash Rookie
Well, turns out Denti is likely to be busy this weekend after all =/ I'm up for going still, but we'd need a new driver.
sadly, my parents won't let me drive all the way down to austin so unless someone else is willing to drive, i'm not sure this will work out.

If you guys can't make the tournament in Austin, I believe there's a cheaper, more local melee tournament happening in Fort Worth this weekend. It would basically just be us plus locals though.
o.o where? i don't see a post in the tournaments section. link pl0x

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Further proof that Randal secretely hates Link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRwVrhmh8xg&feature=channel_video_title

o.o where? i don't see a post in the tournaments section. link pl0x
NeoBatou is hosting a tournament series at Evolution Gamez in Fort Worth, but I had the date wrong. It IS NOT this weekend. It's like the weekend after or something like that. More info about it will pop up soon I'm hoping.

Here, let's summon Batou right now and ask him about it

Chicken...
Chick-en!..
CHICK-EEEEEEEEEEN!!

MimicMew

Smash Apprentice

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
I talked to Emily about the austin tourney...shes willing to drive, but she only has a two seater. Since you're gonna be moving soon, I told her you can take that second seat if we can't find any other vehicle.

Relusion93

Smash Rookie
I talked to Emily about the austin tourney...shes willing to drive, but she only has a two seater. Since you're gonna be moving soon, I told her you can take that second seat if we can't find any other vehicle.
awww...just 2 ppl would be kinda boring. If this doesn't work out maybe we can just have a smashfest at ur place or something :)

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
This has been like a rollercoaster ride of emotions.

Anyways, yeah I only have a two seater (but it's bomb *** convertible ;) ) and can drive. Hopefully Denti can drive, but I'd still be down to go....unless no one else is going...

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Well, turns out denti can in fact go! :colorful:
Would you guys be up for/able to head out tomorrow? I should be able to get us housing.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Sometime either before 4pm or after 7pm, to dodge traffic. Dunno when you guys are busy, I imagine after 7pm is a safer bet.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Sounds cool! So can I get in on the Denti carpool? I can meet you in Fort Worth. I'm okay with leaving whenever as long as I get a heads up. Sethlon, can you text me the details?

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Gentleman! I'm starting up the Sunday smashfests this weekend. Anytime after noon is fair game.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer

MT_

Smash Ace
HEY DALLAS

Just wanted to say I enjoyed seeing/playing those of you that showed up to Austin. Texas Melee is getting back on its feet and Dallas should follow suit, even with bigger names moving out! That's just room for newer people to step in now. Let us know of tournaments you guys have! There's always a chance some smash tournament-hungry players from other cities will make the drive out to play.

Sethlon I still hate you <3

Top Bottom