• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Melee Thread! 10/20 Little Rock, 10/27 San Antonio

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Alrighty guys, cya at the smashfest tomorrow! For anyone else who hasn't said when they're coming yet, I'd recommend shooting for 6:30pm.

Denti

Smash Master
Hey you guys, serious thought.

I like the Brawl PR system in Texas. I know of a few other states that use it. We should use it for Melee! It would promote competition and all that good stuff.

:phone:

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Are you in the FB group? Because that's probably where you should suggest a state wide idea like that.

But Texas generally hated the idea in the past for some reason. A lot of them don't give a crap (which is a really good thing) and would rather just play the person to figure out who is better rather than assuming that that person is better/worse than them to begin with.

Last time we suggested it a few months ago, we still did not like the idea.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Had a LOT of fun yesterday. I haven't played in so long and that was great. LOVE your setup - I'll bring my Magic deck next time :3

MimicMew

Smash Apprentice
I learned a lot yesterday! Hopefully I will do well this weekend in Melee at Super bit wars!
Do you live close to Plano? If so, I can train you in melee and you can teach me brawl.
You're really good at brawl, so I'm sure you can get amazing at melee too.haha

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Do you live close to Plano? If so, I can train you in melee and you can teach me brawl.
Denti lives in Fort Worth, unfortunately.
I'm done with brawl, but my roomates UTDzac and Billy (Bwett) both still play, they'd no doubt be down for playing with you.

One last Wednesday smashfest this week! Who's all interested? After this one I'll be having them probably every other saturday/sunday, since I'll be having class starting next monday.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
bil...leh?

LIES

HEINOUS, GRIEVOUS, MISLEADING LIES
Sure, he doesn't actively enter tournaments anymore, but he'll still sit down and play with anyone who asks him to.

Unless you're saying Billy himself is a lie. In which case you win, cause I have no rebuttal for that lol

MimicMew

Smash Apprentice
Denti lives in Fort Worth, unfortunately.
I'm done with brawl, but my roomates UTDzac and Billy (Bwett) both still play, they'd no doubt be down for playing with you.

One last Wednesday smashfest this week! Who's all interested? After this one I'll be having them probably every other saturday/sunday, since I'll be having class starting next monday.
I don't really play brawl. It was just an offer for Denti, who's really good at it. I still enjoy playing good players, even though I'm bad at it. Anyhow, I really do think he could be a good melee player. So, keep playing, Denti. lol

And I'm interested in Wednesday.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, A.R.K. IV is coming up September 17th-18th in Jacksonville, AR! We are expecting ~200 people with games such as Melee, Brawl, BlazBlue:CS II, Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat 9, SSF4:AE, Street Fighter 3rd Strike: Online Edition, and more! Smashers are coming in from several states to compete!

Note that our tournament is working on securing sponsorships from well known companies which will each be providing additional prizes and bonus pots for our tournaments. The Traveling Circus has expressed interest as of this time. Also, well-known regional modder DaRabidDuckie will be on hand to provide dual mods (PS3 <-> 360) for fight sticks.

If you have ANY questions, please post on the official tournament thread here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=308992
I'd normally respond to replies on this thread, but I'm so busy with Med. School that I don't have time. Please try to make it and show your support not only for us, but for the Regional Smash community as a whole. Thanks guys!

Denti

Smash Master
Yea as Sethlon said I live like an hour and 20 min away from Plano >.>
And I do need Melee training of any kind >.> I don't know anything besides some minor jigglypuff stuff XD

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Yea as Sethlon said I live like an hour and 20 min away from Plano >.>
And I do need Melee training of any kind >.> I don't know anything besides some minor jigglypuff stuff XD
Where in Fort Worth do you live? I live in Grapevine, which is conveniently 25 minutes away from like everything.

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to be in Mansfield until Friday morning, but I don't have a car. I'm from Houston and I'm pretty good, if anyone feels like picking me up to play someone decent lemme know.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
I'm going to be in Mansfield until Friday morning, but I don't have a car. I'm from Houston and I'm pretty good, if anyone feels like picking me up to play someone decent lemme know.
Holy ****, blast from the past.
If you haven't already noticed, I'm having a smashfest at my place in Richardson tomorrow (wednesday). Denti is coming from Fort Worth, maybe he could be convinced to swing by and pick you up. Gimme your contact info and I'll see what I can do!

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Hey guys I don't mean to be rude here, but is their a Brawl version of this thread? I mean I like both games, but I mainly play Brawl and am looking forward to Melee in the future. So if there is could you maybe redirect me?

Also if this is the thread for Brawl as well, who's going to Batous tourney soon? And will that have Melee too?

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Smashfest is on for today, guys! I'll expect people at 6, gimme a text if you want to show up sooner.

Hey guys I don't mean to be rude here, but is their a Brawl version of this thread? I mean I like both games, but I mainly play Brawl and am looking forward to Melee in the future. So if there is could you maybe redirect me?

Also if this is the thread for Brawl as well, who's going to Batous tourney soon? And will that have Melee too?
There is a brawl DFW thread, click for link.

MimicMew

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for hosting again, Sethlon. =]

Emily, your sheik was styling on my falcon in some of those matches! lol
Haxor (you are Haxor, right?), got off against double peach...how did we lose that match!? LOL

Denti

Smash Master
Sorry I couldn't make it you guys. I'll definitively make next week's.

Also, there is a Melee tournament in Austin Sept 3rd. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=309421

I'm just curious as too who would entertain the idea of carpooling to it. I'm not planning anything yet I'm just curious as to how many people would be interested.

Also, that stage list looks odd to me, but then again I'm no Melee expert. We might want to consider that before we even think about traveling there.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Gentlemen! (and gentlewomen!) This next monday begins my semester of college, so the smashfests won't be on wednesdays anymore. What would be the best days for you guys for me to hold them on? I know Tai is busy on saturdays, so would you guys be free for sundays or maybe friday afternoons?

I'm interested in the austin tourney. I have hookups with old Austin melee people too, so i should be able to get us housing. The rules are purposefully trying out stages that're generally banned, he has a link in the first post with the logic's explanation.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
MMMmmmmm double Peach. Enter the *****nado!

I am so down with going to Austin! I haven't been to a tourney in ages. I would offer to drive, but my car can only fit one other person...I can volunteer a setup if needed though.

Edit: Hrmm, didn't know "w hore" would be censored. lol.

Relusion93

Smash Rookie
Hey dallas, this is justin (formerly ultimatehaxor but i can't access that account anymore - forgot password, and the email i used to sign up with is no longer available).

Anyways, thanks for hosting again sethlon! I'm still getting 2 stocked by your roy like the first time i went LOL

Mimicmew: yea :( it was all my fault for not waveshining once more before usmashing haha
emily: it was nice to see you again. Sry we haven't played together very much recently but i had to go back to taiwan for like 2 months this summer

If you guys are carpooling to austin (or houston or w/e before 9/16), count me in! I'd prefer not to drive if possible but i can chip in some money for gas and whatnot

Denti

Smash Master
It looks like I'll be free for the Austin Melee tournament! I can drive, I just would need people to arrive at my place. We would all split the gas and what not. Austin is nothing compared to what I usually drive, haha.

Top Bottom