• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Melee Thread! 10/20 Little Rock, 10/27 San Antonio

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
If you want to play some melee, sure thing =] I PM'd you my address. People usually show up at around 3pm.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Sethlon, could you make a quick Melee PR for DFW area? You can pm it if you want.

Just curious what it looks like now lol.

Sliq

Smash Master
I probably won't make it to this one. My girlfriend just got back from a business trip, and boy are her wings tired. I won't blame you if you form a mob and stone me to death for that.

I won't mind showing up to another one, should that chance arrive. I've been itching to fight people recently. And since this is Texas, and they have guns, I'll make the fight happen on a TV. So I don't get murdered.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Thats cool Sliq. I've been holding them pretty much every Sunday, so there'll be plenty of other chances for you to hop in.
Sethlon, could you make a quick Melee PR for DFW area? You can pm it if you want.

Just curious what it looks like now lol.
Not really possible atm, the scene hasn't really stabilized yet from bluezaft and doh leaving, imo.

MimicMew

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for hosting yesterday. Did you realize you lost one match throughout the entire session?

toiletduck

Smash Rookie
Lemme know when this stuff goes down outside of tournaments... I could bring set up every time too.

Denthorn

Smash Cadet
Toiletduck, if you're still in Denton and interested in playing, I host fighting game meetups pretty much every weekend up here, and we usually have a melee setup running as well. If you're interested in melty blood, arcana heart, or blazblue and the like or just want to play some melee, just let me know and I'll pm you the address and time we should be running stuff that week (usually either Saturday or Sunday around 3). We also have a few dudes who kinda play marvel if you're interested in that as well, though they haven't been as active with it of late.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Thanks for hosting yesterday. Did you realize you lost one match throughout the entire session?
Two actually, jeff took one from me with samus and another with...marth, was it? And thats not counting the ones Emily TORE FROM MY IRON GRIP earlier in the day.

Lemme know when this stuff goes down outside of tournaments... I could bring set up every time too.
I host smashfests almost every Sunday, but I live in the Plano area... would be quite a drive if you live out in Denton. Denti lives in Denton too, and he comes for the smashfests occasionally...his account is suspended atm, but if you want to get in contact with him to see about carpooling or what not I could shoot his phone number your way.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Two actually, jeff took one from me with samus and another with...marth, was it? And thats not counting the ones Emily TORE FROM MY IRON GRIP earlier in the day.
Oh yeah, I did win, didn't I. Well Sethlon, we can't all be winners. I felt bad about that one so I let you win all the others, ya know, just to be a good sport.

toiletduck said:
You can play with meeeee! I live right next to DFW airport, and am down to play every. Second. Of. The. Goddamn. Day.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
You can play with meeeee! I live right next to DFW airport, and am down to play every. Second. Of. The. Goddamn. Day.
BaldeMx just made his first post in the OMG thread a week or so ago, apparently he lives in the Arlington area. You might want to hit him up too, he was looking for people to play.

Sliq

Smash Master
I went ahead and pissed off everyone in the other DFW thread. Apparently all of the Brawl people don't like being made fun of.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
I'll be up there during the 21st for another reason in Dallas, the only thing is that I think whoever might come with me in my car may need housing. Can anyone house around 3 other players until Sunday/Monday?

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I'll be coming over this time for once. I am certain. I'm trying to coax Roar and Batou to come along too. Btw, anybody in the Fort Worth or Arlington area need a ride to Seth's Sunday?

I won't be leaving my house until after 4pm though.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Gentlemen...I have assumed control. Expect to see all upcoming tournaments in the title thread and links to their pages in the first post from now on.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
niiiice video! There some tricks in there I didn't know about until now. But hey, I wanted to drop in a say thanks for hosting these Sunday smashfests Sethlon. I think that was the most fun I've had actually playing smash in quite a while.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
I think we're pretty active, I'm always down to play. Just seems kinda hard to get everyone else out.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Fraid not. Denti is attending a brawl tournament in Dallas this weekend, and I think hes the only one of us whos willing and able to drive out of city.

toiletduck

Smash Rookie
Can you pm the address, I get off work around 3 and would maybe be able to make it out depending on if I have intramurals(rained pretty hard and fields may be messed up).

Top Bottom