• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Melee Thread! 10/20 Little Rock, 10/27 San Antonio

Sybawave

Smash Ace
^^YAY lol

Yeah, I don't think after this that Houston is ever coming to another OMG Monthly anyway...unless someone else hosts them in his stead but even then, I'd rather y'all start your own thing since y'all are connected to the scene so it'll help y'all grow quicker.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Clearly this is all a conspiracy to keep me away from Melty Blood.

I'll be holding a smashfest this sunday as usual, so you should be able to grab some games then.

Theres a venue that I could possibly get us in Plano, I'll look into it. And I have a labtop, so TIO would be available.

I have a laptop too if you need. Also, I'll look into some venues in the mid cities also since it's kind of a mid point for Fort Worth, Dallas, Denton and Plano. There are a few comic book stores in Bedford/Euless and I'll ask at the place where I play Magic. I'm sure I could get a GameStop to host, but they have a strict no gambling policy and I wouldn't want to be involved in that money stuffs with my company :/

Sybawave said:
^^YAY lol

Yeah, I don't think after this that Houston is ever coming to another OMG Monthly anyway...unless someone else hosts them in his stead but even then, I'd rather y'all start your own thing since y'all are connected to the scene so it'll help y'all grow quicker.
This is a bit of a wake up call for me. Swift's was the only Melee tournament I have even heard of in DFW. And we don't have much of a community since he's the only other smasher here I know of besides Sethlon and Tai. We really just need more TO's. And if Sethlon or I or both of us start organizing, this will have a seriously beneficial impact on our scene.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
I have a laptop too if you need. Also, I'll look into some venues in the mid cities also since it's kind of a mid point for Fort Worth, Dallas, Denton and Plano. There are a few comic book stores in Bedford/Euless and I'll ask at the place where I play Magic. I'm sure I could get a GameStop to host, but they have a strict no gambling policy and I wouldn't want to be involved in that money stuffs with my company :/
Alrighty, that would be pretty cool if we could get a venue that was right in the middle of all the cities.

Thoraxe

Smash Apprentice
ahhhhhhhhh, profound sadness. I was really looking forward to tomorrow's omg tourney.
@Sethlon - if you could find a venue in plano and get some monthlies up and running, the dfw community will start to grow like a malignant tumor of unfathomable happiness.
@emilywaves - having a centered venue in between Houston, Dallas and Forth Worth would glue this Texas community into a unified force of supremacy, ****, Austin would be tempted to attend if we unify.
THE SOUTH SHALL RISE AGAIN!

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I guess it's a good thing I got off work for San Antonio instead of at home after all. It still hurts the scene for all of us however. I'd really like to see a tournament scene sprout up in Arlington.

Emily, where do you live again?

toiletduck

Smash Rookie
So... Is there no way anything could happen tomorrow night anyways even if it was just friendlies. I had to go and request off work and everything and now no tournament. **** I'm emo. I don't really have the luxury of playing anyone who knows how to play other than once a month at these tournies. If something goes down it'd be tight.

Denthorn

Smash Cadet
I don't really have the luxury of playing anyone who knows how to play other than once a month at these tournies.
Lol, should I take this as a challenge?

Also, just give me a call tomorrow sometime past like 2, and we can get some games running.

Clearly this is all a conspiracy to keep me away from Melty Blood.
One of these days man, one of these days...

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
So... Is there no way anything could happen tomorrow night anyways even if it was just friendlies. I had to go and request off work and everything and now no tournament. **** I'm emo. I don't really have the luxury of playing anyone who knows how to play other than once a month at these tournies. If something goes down it'd be tight.
I'm down to play! However, I think I have to play a softball game so will not be available until 9pm. If there is interest, I can host a smash fest at my place tonigh.

I live in Grapevine, 5 min north of DFW airport and I have 2 CRT TVs and 2 systems but only one game disc. I also have an HDTV if people don't mind laggy games, but I would need another system and game disc.

If anyone is interested, pm me and I'll send you my address and phone number.

Denthorn

Smash Cadet
Myself and a few of the other players up here should be heading down this Sunday. Probably going to be 3-5 of us, and 1 or 2 setups (although with pretty small CRTs. Still, setup is a setup). Also, Melty Blood. Hope to see everyone there, been too long since I attended a DFW meetup lol.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Legit. I've got two CRTs and B91's cube is still over here too, so I have two setups on top of whatever you guys bring. Might have to clear off the MtG table to fit more setups.

As usual, doors open at 4pm!

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Yeah, it was cool to get a good number of people.

Is anyone interested in going to Fall of the Colossus on November 12th? Denti's going for brawl and his car is full, so if we wanna make it we'll have to arrange some other mode of transportation.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
I liked how many people were at that last smashfest. When I heard that there's usually about 3 - 4 people I was kind of depressed. I'll just assume that everyone showed up for me <3

Thanks for playing with me DFW. I had a great time.

B91 (only slanty eyed guy), you're pretty good lol keep on playing.

Jigglypuff player, I hate your Puff lol Use more Uairs when they're above you. I saw you do that attack maybe like 3 times the entire time we played.

Denthorn, you're pretty good lol you have technical prowess, you just need the mindgames behind them. I really enjoyed playing with you.

Emily, sorry I suck at drawing >_<

Sethlon, you're too good lol...I don't have much to say since I already pretty much gave you shout outs as we were playing each time you ***** me xD

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
I may be interested in going to the Austin tourney. That's my birthday weekend so what better way to celebrate getting old than playing video games!

Thanks again Syba! Your art was awesome.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
So DFW Melee is going to San Antonio on the 28th/29th correct? What is your carpool looking like? Fort Worth has Denti, Batou, me, and AeroLink. I believe that leaves us with room for one more person. If we stay at the same person's house or someone near each other, I want to try and gets some games in the night before. I haven't practiced against people since the last Smashfest at Sethlon's I went to.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Problem2, you mentioned you'd like to come to Austin on the 12th?
Yes, I'm going to try. I have those days off, but I also have a new project due the monday after that weekend. It's going to boil down to how hard that project is and if I can get it done before the weekend.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Admiral! said that you can stay at her house near Bastrop/Smithville TX. It's about an hour away from San Antonio or something. It can house quite a few people.

She said y'all can use it for both the SA and Austin tournament. It might be out of the way for the Austin tournament for y'all though since you'd kind of have to backtrack your way to the tournament. But it's on the way for the San Antonio tournament kind of. Plus, a **** ton of Houston would be staying there at that house so you wouldn't have to just play with your own people.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Ugh, just don't vote for her. She's a ****ing woman. Oh, if y'all can get Emily to go I wouldn't mind sharing a bed with her. Just sayin'

Oh, this was just brought to my attention, invitation is only for the melee players of Dallas. Mostly for safety reasons. And then the partial we hate brawl players reason.

Jk. We love brawl players. Those **** can come too.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the invite Syba.

I prolly can't make San Antonio this weekend - it's Halloween and there are waaaay too many parties going on this weekend! Is anyone else going?

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
I'd like to be able to go to the San An tourney, but I just don't have the money for it right now. =/

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
I've got two projects due early next week that I need to put some more work in on, so no smashfest this Sunday =/

MimicMew

Smash Apprentice
Starters/Neutrals:

Yoshi’s Story
Fountain of Dreams
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dream Land

Counterpick:

Pokemon Stadium

I have to be honest, I like this list.

Admiral!

Smash Apprentice
As an IC main, I am very glad to see most of the counterpicks go. I'm not too happy about Japes being put back into doubles though.

On another note, the offer for Dallas to stay at my place for FotC remains. Austin showed up after the SA tournament and it was tons of fun. The more the merrier.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
I kinda like how they're proposing stage select in finals (no stage banning since there are only 6 stages), but that would just be because I could actually get FD against spacies, lol.

Seems a little silly.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
I'm interested.

in seeing that carpool in Austin. Come to Admiral's ranch for friendlies the entire weekend cough plus it's fun cough cough

MimicMew

Smash Apprentice
I honestly think it's a good decision to cut it down to those 6 stages. They should've made all 6 neutral though. Each player gets a strike, then they play. Simple. If the backroom members thought PS was so unbalanced compared to the other 5 stages, they should've banned it. Why even bother making a 1-stage CP list? Looks stupid to me.

MT_

Smash Ace
Looking forward to seeing Dallas at Fall of the Colossus. Sethlon, my eyes are on you. Revenge for that [insert incredibly insulting insult here] u-smash combo is imminent.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Gah, I'm so conflicted! My birthday is on that Friday and apparently, people want to hang out with me on that weekend. But I want to play Smash!!!

merrrrrr, not sure if I'm going yet.

Top Bottom