• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Melee Thread! 10/20 Little Rock, 10/27 San Antonio

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
She has been playing mostly Sheik lately.

Sorry guys, no smashfest this weekend. I promised Billy I would play through the Amnesia dlc with him tomorrow.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Gah, okay! I've decided to go to the Austin tourney. Let's have some fun!!!!

Emily, do you not main Ice Climbers anymore :c ?
Ehhhhh, kinda not really. I've kinda picked up Sheik but my ICs are probably still better :)

Admiral!

Smash Apprentice

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
I have no idea what the Dallas plan is...but party at your place? We be sippin on bacardi, get a couple bottles of bubb, yeeeaaahhhh.

So Dallas, what's up. No Smashfest on Sunday but you guys want to play during the week? I just cleaned my apartment (zomg) so it's pretty spiffy and ready to have guests over. Thursday anyone?

Edit: And what's up with OMG? Is it on Friday or Saturday? I couldn't find the thread.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Ranch Party sounds pretty awesome.
We still haven't nailed all the details down for our trip, so I dunno where we'll end up staying.

Edit: And what's up with OMG? Is it on Friday or Saturday? I couldn't find the thread.
Link to the thread is in the first page, silly =P Its on Friday.
(Oops, I have the date as 11/12 in the title though, should be 11/11, lemme fix that)

Sybawave

Smash Ace
So, he didn't change the date to the tournament...nice.

Y'all should come down Friday night to the ranch instead. Better players there than at OMG =p plus, we won't cancel the tournament in three days.

MT_

Smash Ace
Von actually has no say in whether or not we cancel the tournament in three days. That's all up to Jose.

Brb telling Jose to cancel the tournament on Friday night.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Hey hey, looks like this is Dallas' plan: Sethlon, B91, dphat, and I will drive down on Saturday morning, tournament all day and then partying it up at Hannah's ranch all night.

Also, Nov 11th is muh birthday and I'm turning...."18" so we gonna get a party started!!! Yall *****z understand!

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
brb suiciding in < 3 days

not really tho lolz I'd just stay in dallas and happily play D&D on that day if the tourney got cancelled

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
**** outta here.

why does it have you as not attending, von?
why does it have you as maybe attending, alex?

i kinda want everybody to show up early so that brawl people don't take up parking first.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Because according to his latest Fb action, he is attending now. And I'm not attending just for the lulz. What time do you want us there? You should probably post the info in the TMS so we can all see it.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
why does it have you as not attending, von?
why does it have you as maybe attending, alex?
For a while I wasn't sure if we'd manage to get a carpool together, and I haven't gone back and changed it since we did get things ironed out. I'll be there!

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
OMG IS CANCELED FOR TONIGHT. REAL TALK.

Everyone is welcome to come to my place for a smashfest.

I'll be here with Sethlon, b91, thoraxe and crew.

MT_

Smash Ace
OMG cancelled again? I don't want to sound like Sybawave but that's pretty lame. See you guys in Austin!!

Sybawave

Smash Ace
I hope y'all are going to start your own thing now since Swift isn't dependable.

Also, y'all suck for not coming to Hannah's ranch last night. We had a ballin' time (not really...we pretty much fell asleep right when we got there xD)

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Thoraxe and crew - I think one of you guys left a black controller at my place. It's missing the thump pad on the joystick. Any takers?

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Let's see, Sethlon, are we playing at your place on Sunday? I'm down to have some kind of Smash happen at my place maybe Thursday night if there's interest.

Next tourney, guys? I've been reinvigorated by Austin. DFW really needs to step up our game, we can't let those Austin/Houston/San Antonio scrubs disrespect us! Anyone know what's going on with this: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=313604

Dec 3rd right outside of Houston.

Also, I'm still looking into different venues to host tourneys. I've already been denied by a couple of comic book shops. Are there any students out there who might be able to get us access to a campus facility?

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Zac is interested in helping us run a melee tournament at the FX Game Exchange in Plano. This weekend is too soon though, and the weekend after people might still be out for Thanksgiving. November December 3rd work for everyone?

hey, when is the next gathering? it has been too long.
I keep on being busy during the weekends, haha. Smashfest this Sunday for sure though!

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Nov 3rd already passed, so I think you mean Dec 3rd...but that's when Houston's tournament is =(

And I like how you think that that tournament is right outside Houston xD we still consider that area right in Houston lol...

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Nov 3rd already passed, so I think you mean Dec 3rd...but that's when Houston's tournament is =(

And I like how you think that that tournament is right outside Houston xD we still consider that area right in Houston lol...
Ack, right, December 3rd is what I meant lol.

Hmmm. I'll have to check schedules with Zac to see if theres another weekend we can do it, perhaps the 10th.

MimicMew

Smash Apprentice
I won't be here on the 10th. =/

And Jared, we need to play. Do you still play L'hare?

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
^^^This is too embarrassing.

Also, I think it's okay to have a tournament in DFW on Dec 3rd if Zac is holding one even if Houston is also happening the same weekend. Our scene is like in a state of emergency (lol, seriously) and we should really try to get our **** together. At best, we would take a car of four people to get ***** by, ugh, Houston (they're such scrubs! esp that "sybawave" guy), when we should be focused on developing our own community. Those are my two cents, but of course it's up to you Sethlon.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
That is actually a really good point. I'll have to agree with you on that one. Fixing yourselves should be the number one priority. Get the word of y'alls new tournament series and stuff out before the new year is here so that when 2012, people will know about y'alls plan. Then we can all have a final year of good smash everywhere in Texas.

Also, my favorite part about that video was your headdesk reaction xDDDD

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Hello my beloved DFW community! I'm planning on hosting a tournament on Dec 10th in Grapevine and I expect to see ALL OF YOU THERE. The venue owner said it was cool but I just need to confirm a few details before posting the thread. So SAVE THE DATE and SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL SMASH COMMUNITY!!

Top Bottom