• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Melee Thread! 10/20 Little Rock, 10/27 San Antonio

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
I was playing Dark Souls when you texted me D: Didn't even realize I'd gotten a text till like 6:30. New guy B91 showed up, sucks that no one else could make it.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Double post for great justice.

Another Austin tournament coming up, Fall of the Colossus. Its not until November 12, so plenty of time to plan for it if we want to go. Address and thread link is on the first page now.

Also, me and Tai are gonna get some smash in at my place tomorrow, at around 6pm. If any one else wants to join in, feel free.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
I'm coming over tonight! Softball practice got canceled, so I'll head over when I'm done with my work (hopefully sooner than never).

BRLNK88

Smash Ace

Another Austin tournament coming up, Fall of the Colossus. Its not until November 12, so plenty of time to plan for it if we want to go. Address and thread link is on the first page now.

Also, me and Tai are gonna get some smash in at my place tomorrow, at around 6pm. If any one else wants to join in, feel free.
Tai is in Dallas???

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0

Not only is Fall of the Colossus happening the same day as the Brawl Circuit Championship event, it's happening like across the street. x_x Sounds like a good opportunity to team up and carpool!

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Tai is in Dallas???
Tai as in MimicMew from dallas, not Tai as in Arizona player.

Not only is Fall of the Colossus happening the same day as the Brawl Circuit Championship event, it's happening like across the street. x_x Sounds like a good opportunity to team up and carpool!
Oh, legit. Wonder if they did that on purpose?

MimicMew

Smash Apprentice

Alex, I saw this and thought of you.

...LOL

Teach me how to play sf sometime!!!

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
At first I was like "But theres nothing wrong there..." lolz dyslexia johns

Ask and ye shall receive! I love fighting games in general, so if anyone wants to learn Street Fighter/MvC3/etc, I'd be happy to teach.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
How does something like this happen??? Either this guy made a mistake or the tattoo artist did. But if this guy likes SF enough he should know what a proper shoryu command is. And he'd probably watch the artist ink him since it's on his forearm, so it shouldn't be the tattoo artist's fault....maybe he's trolling?

I just...I just can't understand!

Frame Perfect

Smash Journeyman
you never know, maybe the artist is a practical joker. heard about this guy that thought he was getting the word courage or something tatted in chinese... turned out, it said 'whale semen'.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, maybe the artist is telling all his buddies, "this guy wanted to get a shoryuken command tattoo'd on his arm. But jokes on him! He'll just get low punch instead! LOLOLOLOLOL"

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Yeah, maybe the artist is telling all his buddies, "this guy wanted to get a shoryuken command tattoo'd on his arm. But jokes on him! He'll just get low punch instead! LOLOLOLOLOL"
LOL!

Could you PM me the address/time? Couple of us up in Denton might be able to head down for once. Also, speaking of fighting games, do you play Melty Blood at all?
Sure thing.
I've played Melty Blood, but only a very little bit with casual friends. Seems like a fun game, wish there were more people who played it.

MimicMew

Smash Apprentice
Tai is in Dallas???
My name is actually Taiki. Maybe I should start having people refer to me as Taiki so they don't think I'm good. ;p

Up and rising though! =]

Could you PM me the address/time? Couple of us up in Denton might be able to head down for once. Also, speaking of fighting games, do you play Melty Blood at all?
Denthornnnnn, we need to play. Falcon dittos? =D

Also, I know someone that plays mbaa. I'll give him your contact or whatnot and see if you guys can work something out. He also likes all the Type-Moon stuff, so if you like that kinda stuff too, you guys can prolly get some good chat in.

And WOW at Dallas MELEE thread being the most active in 5 months over STREET FIGHTER!?!?!?!?

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I started playing Melty Blood on UTA campus one day. Someone brought it and I thought it was fun. I laughed at how well I was doing despite not knowing any controls going in.

Denthorn

Smash Cadet
Aight, a few of us might be able to make it tomorrow. Are any of you interested in trying melty? I'll probably bring a setup with me if we do go. Also, the guy I'll probably be carpooling with plays a ton of other fighting games as well (sf4, mvc3, etc), so I'm sure he'd be down to play those too with anyone interested.

And Tai: Indeed, I'm always up for some falcon dittos. :bee:

Denthorn

Smash Cadet
MBAA on ps2. We should have two sticks as well, though one has an octo gate in it.

Edit: Derp. Plans kinda fell through and it doesn't look like we're going to have a car to use today, so not going to be able to make it. Should hopefully see most of you at Swift's tourney next week though. I'll bring my melty setup with me if anyone wants to try it then.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Word on the street is there's some tournament action going on this weekend. What say you DFW?

Thoraxe

Smash Apprentice
let's give Houston a run for their money, but don't tell any of them i said that. Our lazy little crew will be there.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
So, I'm coming up a few hours early and I need something to do to kill my time until around 11 1130 depending on where in DFW you are.

I need someone relatively close to Plano. Anyone up for smash tomorrow around 7-8 until 11 1130?

PM with location and phone number if you are interested.

Admiral!

Smash Apprentice
Just confirming, with Swift's cancelation there's not going to be a tournament in Dallas this weekend, right?

Sybawave

Smash Ace
What in the **** just happened....

I'm so glad that Swift isn't really a part of y'alls scene. He's just kind of there. I think someone else should step up and organize new and better tournaments. Ones that are on a Saturday and not at ****ing night.

I can't believe he didn't figure this **** out until the day before the tournament event...3 ****ing cars from Houston. Are you serious?

Someone get a hold of me. I want to play while I'm up here.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
What in the **** just happened....

I'm so glad that Swift isn't really a part of y'alls scene. He's just kind of there. I think someone else should step up and organize new and better tournaments. Ones that are on a Saturday and not at ****ing night.

I can't believe he didn't figure this **** out until the day before the tournament event...3 ****ing cars from Houston. Are you serious?

This is a good point. I used to host events in NYC - 20-30 person Smashfests - but they were at my apartment so I never did a tourney. I'll look into finding a venue and possibly start organizing.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
So I sent him a strongly worded message basically telling him to be more active, not cancel tournaments we've know about more than a month in advance prior to the tournament day, and host Saturday tournaments instead of Friday for OoC players.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Clearly this is all a conspiracy to keep me away from Melty Blood.

I'll be holding a smashfest this sunday as usual, so you should be able to grab some games then.

This is a good point. I used to host events in NYC - 20-30 person Smashfests - but they were at my apartment so I never did a tourney. I'll look into finding a venue and possibly start organizing.
Theres a venue that I could possibly get us in Plano, I'll look into it. And I have a labtop, so TIO would be available.

Top Bottom