• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everis755

Smash Cadet
At the behest of a very wise person I am going to give a shout out to the Dallas thread. While I'm not all that interested in the current state of Dallas smash I might as well use this moment to pimp my own thread.

It's still on the front page so if you live in the Fort Worth or Mid Cities close to it, come on by and lets see if we can't get something regular going in the ways of smashfests. While not too interested in those living in Dallas, you too are welcome to come by and say things that are constructive.
Although it isn't meant for here, just lettin you know that the dallas group consists of people from all over the DFW area.

mydadsacop123

Smash Apprentice
yep chics from ft worth i believe
also kirbykids like best friends with drew he holds all the cards why would u mess with him lol

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
If by Mid-Cities you mean the NRH/Keller/Watauga and HEB area that's where I live. The Smash scene in the immediate area is el-dead-o, you gotta go over to Dallas to play with the cool kids.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Dallas players punish shield breaks with grabs.
Beaumont players punish shield breaks with trash talk.
Waco players punish shield breaks with spot dodges.
Houston players punish shield breaks with **** sucking. :)

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
GGs to everyone this weekend. Glad to have seen so many out-o-towners! Made the tournament more fun and exciting.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Why haven't you been coming to tournaments/smashfests Kado? I think everyone in our car back from Oh Snap owes you a meal or something...

Arikado

Smash Rookie
Why haven't you been coming to tournaments/smashfests Kado? I think everyone in our car back from Oh Snap owes you a meal or something...
I've been meaning to. Since the holidays though, I haven't really had the time to go and play, although I want to. Plus, I've started playing WoW again, so my fate is pretty much sealed.

Dunno if you saw it, but I should have the 17th and 18th of February off of work for my birthday. Mostly going to be playing Street Fighter IV, but if people wanna come play Brawl, that's cool too. I'll post more info if anyone is interested when the time draws nearer.

mydadsacop123

Smash Apprentice
cool kado MY BIRTHDAYS THE 19TH THATS AWESOME
wait a minute
youre a dirty aquarius...
DIRTY
i think pisces are compatible with...
sagitarius?

N.O.T.A.-SrsC@

Smash Apprentice
*ahem* People take SrsC@ too srsly. Melee1 gets a Happy Birthday comment. KirbyKid owns ya face. The fort worth smash scene is about as lively as a rock at the bottom of the ocean. Dallas' Smash scene is the only thing keeping it from being worn away completely by the tides. I just Farted.

That is all. Srsly.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
At the behest of a very wise person I am going to give a shout out to the Dallas thread. While I'm not all that interested in the current state of Dallas smash I might as well use this moment to pimp my own thread.

It's still on the front page so if you live in the Fort Worth or Mid Cities close to it, come on by and lets see if we can't get something regular going in the ways of smashfests. While not too interested in those living in Dallas, you too are welcome to come by and say things that are constructive.
If you're trying to grab people from the dallas thread and those who attend the dallas area to hype up your own I'm very offended. If you don't care about the dallas scene then please leave. I'm glad to see new players every week but if you're not interested in the current state of the dallas scene then frankly I'm not very interested in you joining the dallas scene and good luck finding people to attend your local area stuff.

N.O.T.A.-SrsC@

Smash Apprentice
If you're trying to grab people from the dallas thread and those who attend the dallas area to hype up your own I'm very offended. If you don't care about the dallas scene then please leave. I'm glad to see new players every week but if you're not interested in the current state of the dallas scene then frankly I'm not very interested in you joining the dallas scene and good luck finding people to attend your local area stuff.
Especially when his thread was locked by Superdrew.

HGZero

Smash Apprentice
A very strong statement but as it stands I wrote that post with out the realization that my thread had already been closed because the mod told me it would cause clutter and it would fail. I wasn't aware that it was against the rules but as it turns out, forum moderating is more art than science in the same way that winning the Special Olympics is more about crossing the finish line in the right direction than coming in first.

In the end we came to the agreement that if the thread were to encompass the surrounding area of Fort Worth and the mid cities then at least the name of the thread should reflect as much, thus the change to both the brawl and melee threads. Instead of editing my earlier post I'll just revise and restate what I am looking for here.

I am looking to start up regular smashfests in fort worth. I might even be able to host. If you want to come out by 820 and I30 to play brawl, then I don't care how far you travel. I've been apart of the Dallas scene but it's well over an hour away now in trafic. Anyway, I am still interested in starting up something local and regular. If you want to join up drop me an email @ saintsevens at gmail dot com. You can also contact me on AIM under HGZero. I'll be updating my signature information to reflect this.

BlackKnight23

Smash Apprentice
Im sorry to interrupt guys but i will be arriving in texas in a few months i have two questions......where is the melee scene and where is a good school in texas?

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Im sorry to interrupt guys but i will be arriving in texas in a few months i have two questions......where is the melee scene and where is a good school in texas?
Every big city (except San Antonio, we still play just not post) has a a separate Melee thread, but I would say Dallas, then Houston still have the biggest Melee scenes.

As for schools I can't really help you there, since I simply settles on UTSA because it's close and I don't have money to move anywhere to go a different college.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
A very strong statement but as it stands I wrote that post with out the realization that my thread had already been closed because the mod told me it would cause clutter and it would fail. I wasn't aware that it was against the rules but as it turns out, forum moderating is more art than science in the same way that winning the Special Olympics is more about crossing the finish line in the right direction than coming in first.

In the end we came to the agreement that if the thread were to encompass the surrounding area of Fort Worth and the mid cities then at least the name of the thread should reflect as much, thus the change to both the brawl and melee threads. Instead of editing my earlier post I'll just revise and restate what I am looking for here.

I am looking to start up regular smashfests in fort worth. I might even be able to host. If you want to come out by 820 and I30 to play brawl, then I don't care how far you travel. I've been apart of the Dallas scene but it's well over an hour away now in trafic. Anyway, I am still interested in starting up something local and regular. If you want to join up drop me an email @ saintsevens at gmail dot com. You can also contact me on AIM under HGZero. I'll be updating my signature information to reflect this.
Yeah dude, if you want to go to Dallas I don't have any problems giving people a lift to come play as long as we can all be friendly and contribute. We usually play out in Coppell and it only takes me about 20-30 minutes to get there from 820 and Holiday Ln.

This is probably your only real option though. Most of the Fort Worth Smash scene is down near Hulen Mall or Crowley, which is even further away and those guys are so stubborn about travelling that I'm surprised they go next door sometimes. Hell, Houston travels more than Fort Worth does.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Every big city (except San Antonio, we still play just not post) has a a separate Melee thread, but I would say Dallas, then Houston still have the biggest Melee scenes.

As for schools I can't really help you there, since I simply settles on UTSA because it's close and I don't have money to move anywhere to go a different college.

houston has a melee scene of about 20 people......we are HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!! ROFL!

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom