• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmaMan

Smash Rookie
@ I Am Infinity - His video editor is freezing and you want him to use Windows Movie Maker? That'll just make it worse! Take it from a guy who's been there, and as a result has evolved to Vegas Movie Studio Platinum.

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Ok I'm on my way to pbt, and I'm bringing a couple guys. Don't start without me! I'll be there in like, 20 minutes, so I'll probably be walking in at 1:45. Please don't start without us.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
@ I Am Infinity - His video editor is freezing and you want him to use Windows Movie Maker? That'll just make it worse! Take it from a guy who's been there, and as a result has evolved to Vegas Movie Studio Platinum.
Just call Infinity dude, lol.

The reason I suggested it was because of the amount of memory the programs use. Movie Maker uses less than 20,000kb of memory where a higher end program can use well over 30,000kb of memory. Not a very big difference, but that's most likely what's causing it to freeze so I recommended using a less memory intense program that's still just as easy to use.

Edit - speaking of memory intense, Firefox is using 54,000kb of memory on my computer right now. Weeeeeeeee!

SmaMan

Smash Rookie
Well I dunno. For some reason WMM would always freeze on me, causing my projects to always take a whole lot longer than they should.

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
weel it looks like i wont be seeing u guys for longer than i thought :(
Dang man, how come?

PBT3 was awsome! I can't believe how far I made it. Amazing turnout even with hobo going on. Jingo you are a green beast with a red tie.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Man, freaking Awestin showed us his moves today.

I played like CRAP today, I was so embarrassed. It was fun anyway, so no worries.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
It was a weird tourney today, I felt like a lot of people were playing quite differently than usual. Maybe with most of the Dallas crew gone, it changed everyone's mindset somehow?

Jingo_Joe

Smash Apprentice
Angel, you had to leave before we could finish our friendly. Oh well, maybe next time? Speaking of which...

My friend is hosting a tournament next week! He's trying to purposely set it up so that PBT happens one week and his tournament happens the next week. It'd be great if the people who came to the PBT tournaments showed up at this one.

This will be the first tournament he's ever done, so it may be a little confusing. Still, we're hoping people show up and have fun.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Sorry about the friendly, Jingo, had to get back to get friends to work.

If you set up a tourney, I'll be there for sure, so go for it. If you've never run one before, just make sure you get the software to run a bracket, I think you can find it on one of the tourney boards. Other than that, everyone in Dallas is pretty chill and knows how to run things, so it should be smooth.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Congrats to Foursaken, btw. Impressive showing today.

Jingo, that tourney is in pretty decent driving distance from UNT, so the Dentonites should be able to make it.

Jingo_Joe

Smash Apprentice
nice! that tourny is 9 mins away according to google maps, jingo. my bro and i will def have to go. nice doubles matches btw
That's great! And since you mentioned doubles, my friend told me that he isn't planning on doing any for this tournament, but I believe if enough people ask for them we can change his mind.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
A doubles bracket goes really fast, I think it would be nice. I always have more fun in the doubles bracket anyway.

Jingo_Joe

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, like I said, I live very close to North Richland Hills. It isn't surprising that you are close to Heroplex too. Have you ever met Nate Wadkins? He plays Magic there and is the one hosting this tournament.

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
yeah PBT was really fun even with all you guys at HOBO

AWF you were wrecking balls man, i'm glad i lost to you

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
Thanks Fogo, and everyone else for the support. Money shots ftw!

Also, when you can Kirbykid, post the results with the bracket if you'd be so kind. I want to see who everyone had to play against/how they did.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
KirbyKid put me in the losers bracket, and I lost to HonKY second time. I've been beating HonKY in friendlies every day by like, two stocks, but he got me when it counted!

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
D3 all the way i think
You think right. I almost went Jigglypuff against Fogo's Lucario in winners finals, and then we were going to turn on pokeballs and play on Spear Pillar, but people were watching and we decided not to.

I did go MK in doubles grand finals however. They kept gimping Awestin's Ness, and D3's just not fast enough to save him.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
You think right. I almost went Jigglypuff against Fogo's Lucario in winners finals, and then we were going to turn on pokeballs and play on Spear Pillar, but people were watching and we decided not to.

I did go MK in doubles grand finals however. They kept gimping Awestin's Ness, and D3's just not fast enough to save him.
Word, that would've been so fun but like the whole store was behind us lol

I think i might start using lucario in winners/any other finals from this point on, it was too krunk, i felt like mini azen lol

mydadsacop123

Smash Apprentice
man a spear pillar final match would be AWESOME!!!
Also foursaken dubbles was TOO FUN! You've piqued my interest in dubbles forevar

Jingo_Joe

Smash Apprentice
Because a new page has started, I would just like to remind everyone about my friend's upcoming tournament. Hopefully a lot of you come!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom