• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Lame, Tiersorfears showed up and registered me early as John. I guess 9th isn't really special enough to want my name on it anyway :p

Me and a couple of others from the Denton crew were thinking about doing a tourney at UNT with both Brawl and Melee brackets. There aren't really any good players up here and it'd be awesome if some of you guys came up and cleaned house. Would anyone be interested if I were to get the details worked out?

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Doing this as an experiment and to get some information: everyone who reads this should PM me a list of logical reasons why they want Metaknight banned. "He's too overpowered" is not a reason, it's a john. :p

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I got a cinnamatch with some of the houston guys (Kown and Esca) and it's my Ganon vs their whatever.

Gentlemen, start your betting!

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
I'd try and make it if you got something together Angel. You should try a MK test ban to see how he affects placement at a casual level.

Hmm, that could be interesting. Before Infinity gets mad, I'm not saying I want him banned permanently, but it could be interesting to just try an MK-free tourney and see how it goes.

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Dphat? mk? no way man I was just pickin up marth.

Also what do you guys think of them "all brawl" rules. Personally, it looks more fun than serious, but I really couldn't give it a thumbs up or not without experiencing/testing it. It would however make fox totally high tier though, and lower mk. A reflector is worth a heck of a lot more with items on. Plus landmaster, for crying out loud, most broken final smash. Anyway thats just my thinkings. I seriously would like to see an "all brawl" tier list, would be interesting to see where mk ends up :p. Still super high no doubt, but maybe no longer 1st place?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
ISP looks much better for item matches than ALL BRAWL does. And if you think Landmaster is the most broken Final Smash you have never witnessed the wonder (and horror) that is Wario-Man.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
ISP looks much better for item matches than ALL BRAWL does. And if you think Landmaster is the most broken Final Smash you have never witnessed the wonder (and horror) that is Wario-Man.
Dear lord Wario man IS broken. Being able to slide an entire football field with Fsmash is broken IMO.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Not to mention Flight, Mach Speed bikes, crappy farts that can kill you at 50%, a dair that spikes, upsmash and up b that suck you in, lagless jabs, full immunity to everything, etc.

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
No, Wario man is definitely not broken.

Huge/Big/Mega Brawl + Super Mushrooms Wario Man on FD is broken.

Fsmash is the field.

Edit:

Hmm, that could be interesting. Before Infinity gets mad, I'm not saying I want him banned permanently, but it could be interesting to just try an MK-free tourney and see how it goes.
You should definitely give it a shot, you have nothing to lose. If anything, assuming you attract a big crowd, we'll see how diverse the tournament scene can get.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Lolwtf, you must never have played someone who can control Wario Man if you think he's not broken. General consensus is that he and Super Sonic are the most uber Final Smashes.

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
Lolwtf, you must never have played someone who can control Wario Man if you think he's not broken. General consensus is that he and Super Sonic are the most uber Final Smashes.
It was meant to be sarcastic, Wario Man is super broken. :bee:

But what's even more broken is Giant Wario Man + Super Mushroom on FD.

His Fsmash takes up the ENTIRE stage. Kills people at 30%.

ICE27

Smash Apprentice
NNID
michael0275
Crap yay guys im gonna need a seat somewhere whos all going to OH SNAP?
I call a seat in whichever car fogo is in!
I love you fogo!/end sarcasm
I dont care where i sit but seriously guys i need a ride k thx!

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Yo, I'm not 100% sure how many people are going to be in our car (and I should have probably asked Wotts before I posted this), but we might be able to take one of your guys up to OK.

I'm not sure what are plans and schedules are yet, but would it be cool if we stayed with y'all on Thursday if we can get off that early?

ICE27

Smash Apprentice
NNID
michael0275
Yo, I'm not 100% sure how many people are going to be in our car (and I should have probably asked Wotts before I posted this), but we might be able to take one of your guys up to OK.

I'm not sure what are plans and schedules are yet, but would it be cool if we stayed with y'all on Thursday if we can get off that early?
yay man let me get a seat and u can crash at my house if nessasary

Ladybug

Smash Lord
I r sorry I cannot go to OH SNAP... But, I will bake traveling cookies for ya'll again. And I make extra for Hanson too since I can't bake them in person. :)

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of Oh Snap, I called a spot in Zac's car a long time ago. (Assuming he's going)

If not, whos got room?

Edit:

Hey Dphat/anyone going to Andy's this weekend, could I get a ride up there with any of you? I've got a party on Halloween, but I might be able to come afterwards assuming someone can provide transportation. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom