• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
Amazing weekend. The tournament matches were too strong. Oh! Btw, CuttingEdge is an outstanding haunted house to go to. If you plan on going, make sure you get there when it opens. My girl and I waited 5 hours before entering (yes it's THAT epic). My brain still has flashbacks of the horrors in that house. If you plan on going, it'll run you $30 for epicsauce. I wanna spoil you with some details; but I can't even describe the levels of awesomeness there.

Infinity, we gota review our matches and become better MK players.

UTDZac: Could I get my matches from lethien and infinity put up?

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Melee1 don't even worry about it dude we're still friends man and I hope you can make it next week. Also next Friday if you dont have a costume you're not allowed in so everyone wear a costume.

Edit: Fix'd.

1) Infinity (MK)
2) Damien (MK)
3) UTDzac (G&W)
4) Fogo (DDD)
5) Bwett (Yoshi) - 5th again!
5) Dallas Phat (MK/Marth)
7) Jingo Joe (Donkey Kong)
7) Forsaken (DDD/MK)

luigismansion1060

Smash Rookie
can you post the full PBT2 tourny results? sadly, not everyone is good enough to get into the top 8 spot to see their placement

ps. thats alot of ddd/mks :D originality anyone?

Ratatat

Smash Apprentice
Amazing weekend. The tournament matches were too strong. Oh! Btw, CuttingEdge is an outstanding haunted house to go to. If you plan on going, make sure you get there when it opens. My girl and I waited 5 hours before entering (yes it's THAT epic). My brain still has flashbacks of the horrors in that house. If you plan on going, it'll run you $30 for epicsauce. I wanna spoil you with some details; but I can't even describe the levels of awesomeness there.
Thats the one in fort worth isnt it? i went on saturday, the lines DID get hugee fast. i ended up having to leave early though :/ so i didnt get to see the whole thing.

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
can you post the full PBT2 tourny results? sadly, not everyone is good enough to get into the top 8 spot to see their placement

ps. thats alot of ddd/mks :D originality anyone?
1) Infinity (MK)
2) Damien (MK)
3) UTDzac (G&W)
4) Fogo (DDD)
5) Bwett (Yoshi) - 5th again!
5) Dallas Phat (MK/Marth)
7) Jingo Joe (Donkey Kong)
7) Forsaken (DDD/MK)

4 Meta Knights, 2 D3's, 1 G&W, 1 Yoshi, 1 Marth, and 1 Donkey Kong.

6 different characters, seems fairly diverse to me, strike Meta Knight.

I only went MK to fight other MKs/avoid dittos.

MK Rant =

It should be noted that Dphat picked up MK in a matter of hours before PBT.

Oh, look how well he placed.

If that's not saying something about the brokeness simplicity of MK, I don't know what is.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Oh, look how well he placed.
It's not the character's fault he placed that high dude, Andy's a good enough player that I could see him doing well like that with anyone. Besides, he only started using him later in the tournament; he advanced through the first several rounds using Marth from what I saw.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Yeah **** this, I'm not going to get into an argument with you guys because you feel like *****ing about Metaknight. Again. I'll be back on tomorrow.

Edit - This isn't a "**** you guys" statement, it's a "I don't feel like dealing with this today" statement.

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
My post wasn't meant to be taken as " *****ing. " I was just showing my general distaste of the character after having some friendlies at Dphats. Getting around the whorenado as D3 is stupid hard, but I feel I know more about the matchup because of it. It was either really bad for me, a 3 stock, or really bad for him, a 2 stock.

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
Thats the one in fort worth isnt it? i went on saturday, the lines DID get hugee fast. i ended up having to leave early though :/ so i didnt get to see the whole thing.
Aww you missed out then. The best haunted house ever (imo). Did you happen to see the strobe +curtain pushings? You know what I'm talkin about if ya saw it. SICK!

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Haha, I heard Dphat talking about Meta after he played him against that Oli player. It made me laugh.

Just to rub it in when I matched the same guy later, I went Meta and threw a match so I could counter to rainbow cruise or mansion depending on his ban. It was lol-tastic.

Big Bob

Smash Apprentice
Personally I've sworn to only use Meta Knight if my opponent is also Meta Knight.

chic

Smash Ace
sad to see you went to the dark side, dphat... your marth was so fun to play against

also, im glad i finally got to play against you, infinity. you were as good as i thought you would be. at times it seems like i was able to keep it close, but when i made a mistake next thing i knew you were up by 2 stocks :D that match will heavily influence how i move forward with my luigi game. ty sir

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
The reason why Meta is so good in normal brawl is because he has so many options he has an answer for everything...

this is why you should play hacked brawl. it's so much better and more balanced.

pikachus is amazing.

and diddy makes people cry.

mydadsacop123

Smash Apprentice
WHOA CHIC HEY BRO!!! I think I played u on wifi awhile ago, I was the ness :) if I remember we were pretty evenly matched but u look like ur luigi has really improved. But yeah I wanna play u in person soon!

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Oh yeah found a gc controller and ur wiimote angel so whenever you are back in town tell me. Probably be seeing you at my next weekly anyways.
Sweet! Yeah, me and a couple of the other Dentonites will be down on Friday for sure.

Do you know a guy named Mike Le? He's a pretty **** good player up here at UNT and he'll be coming too.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Metaknight is even better in hacked brawl. 1000 attacks per jump when there's only one airdodge available? Lollerskates.
You don't HAVE to airdodge to get past MK lmao. People are just spoiled by normal brawl. Try being a fast faller in melee lmao.

MK is much more balanced in hacked brawl. Ike ***** XD.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Me and foursaken are the ONLY DDD's in dallas >_>
I beg to differ.

I use my DDD more than you use your G&W!

Complete PBT#2 Tournament Results:
1: infinity (MK)
2: d4ba (MK)
3: UTD Zac (G&W)
4: Fogo (DDD)
5: Bwett (Yoshi)
5: DPHAT (MK/Marth)
7: Jingo Joe (DK)
7: Forsaken (DDD/MK)
9: Kado
9: Chic
9: John
9: Lock
13: TiersforFears
13: Phoenix Alpha
13: Walter
13: Kirby Kid
17: Kurt
17: Omar
17: Chucky
17: ani
17: Chris
17: Yas
17: Stash
17: Crepa
25: Joseph
25: K.
25: Marcus T.
25: Allix
25: Bryan
25: Flafl
25: Ryan
25: Dnop
99: Shuz (Where've you been?)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I beg to differ.

I use my DDD more than you use your G&W!

Complete PBT#2 Tournament Results:
1: infinity (MK)
2: d4ba (MK)
3: UTD Zac (G&W)
4: Fogo (DDD)
5: Bwett (Yoshi)
5: DPHAT (MK/Marth)
7: Jingo Joe (DK)
7: Forsaken (DDD/MK)
9: Kado
9: Chic
9: John
9: Lock
13: TiersforFears
13: Phoenix Alpha
13: Walter
13: Kirby Kid
17: Kurt
17: Omar
17: Chucky
17: ani
17: Chris
17: Yas
17: Stash
17: Crepa
25: Joseph
25: K.
25: Marcus T.
25: Allix
25: Bryan
25: Flafl
25: Ryan
25: Dnop
99: Shuz (Where've you been?)
Hmm... looks like Shuz did quite poorly.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
You need to get outta here with all of that sir. You never use ddd and I play snake you always go DK or G&W.
Because I like the DK vs Snake match up more. It's more exciting.
Also if you pick DK or Bowser or Mario or Samus agains me I will probably go DDD. Yes its cheap, but hey, it's your fault you'd be playing that character (Actually just blame Sakurai)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom