• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Everytime I feel like adding a noncontributing post; I think of Houston smashers and PhantomX . Thinking in this manner keeps me from trolling.
I thought you loved me </3

You'd probably have to work at a meth lab to main Yoshi. They find the squishy noises and vibrant colors WAY too exciting :p

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
MM me at hobo 12, no MK's yo.
Why would I money match with something besides my best character? lol

If you want to man up and play me, then play me at my best and not when you think I'm not good :p

Edit - Unless it's for like a dollar, then I could care less. You should do a $1 Random money match with Zac, he loves those.

ICE27

Smash Apprentice
NNID
michael0275
Everyone hears that. Wtf is wrong with yall? lol
Because "math lab" seems unconventionally. "Science lab" sounds reasonable. Just say u have to go to the math workshop that sounds better and less suspicious. Due to your small torso one would assume drugs are the reason!

10inchtorso

Ratatat

Smash Apprentice
i think i might be there on Friday, but my costume might be pretty lame..that is if i ever get around to making it.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Everytime I feel like adding a noncontributing post; I think of Houston smashers and PhantomX. Thinking in this manner keeps me from trolling.
U should go to the thread titled "A Modest Proposal". We all can learn about Phantom's trolling and also about 18th century literature.

And about eating babies.

CY

Smash Ace
so.. who from dallas wants to get their *** handed to them at hobo 12? any takers. already got dphat and d4bgay(no homo) on the list of shame. any other people wanna lose?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
so.. who from dallas wants to get their *** handed to them at hobo 12? any takers. already got dphat and d4bgay(no homo) on the list of shame. any other people wanna lose?
CY, I am technically a part of the Dallas Scene, so I accept. $100 MM, Best 3/5, SBR Rule list, no johns.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Everyone in Dallas is better then me at smash.

Discuss.

CY

Smash Ace
I like how this dude comes in here **** talking everyone, but won't play against Metaknight. What a little ***** :p
i'll play against mk, but it shows how easy and broken he is by being banned at this tourney..

with that being said, i will not play against MK's at this tourney :) so if you wanna get that brown bag special you gotta play me without MK.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Infinity, UTD Zac, d4ba, Fogo, possibly me if Yoshi wasn't 3:7 match up against G&W...I mean Cake did take a match off you...lol =P
Oh, how I wish I had the next match where I beat him in like 27 seconds with two 0-deaths XD.

I need to find the wii it was saved on >_>.

And why not just MM me infinity? :).

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
i'll play against mk, but it shows how easy and broken he is by being banned at this tourney..

with that being said, i will not play against MK's at this tourney :) so if you wanna get that brown bag special you gotta play me without MK.
I gave you a legitamite MM challenge, but you went for 1.00 USD instead of 100 USD.

How about this? We play for the United States dollar equivalent of 10,000 Japanese Yen. Fair CY?

Also, Hylian G&W ditto? I've been dying to get that done and show you my superior Turtle. :)

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Oh, how I wish I had the next match where I beat him in like 27 seconds with two 0-deaths XD.

I need to find the wii it was saved on >_>.

And why not just MM me infinity? :).
If you want to. Up to you dude. SBR rules, 3/5, you can name the amount.

Completely unrelated, this is the best argument I've seen so far about banning Metaknight: http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=5360

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Hylian you still drunk? What with that stupid comment you posted, not everything is about you man. You're just trying to start some drama before hobo12 so please spam the Houston thread or whatever 30+ threads you read, we already got CY spamming stupid **** in the Dallas thread we don't need another spammer. Anyways what will happen if Dallas says they are better then you? You're going to what laugh and ask for MM that **** just stupid.

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
Prince Bistro Tournament #3

November 8, 2008

Prince Bistro http://www.princebistro.com/
1121 Flower Mound Rd
Flower Mound, Texas, United States
(It's to the Left of the Kroger)

SBR certified rules
5$ entry fee for singles
Registration from 12:30 PM to 1:45 pm.
Singles starts at 2 pm.

Doubles, Crews, or some other type of event to be decided on participation and equipment available.

Bring a Wii + Brawl copy and a TV if you can. If you have Component cables for your Wii, be sure to bring those no matter what. They work well with the HD widescreen TV's at the venue.

We got a record number of TVs for PBT#2. With 7 TVs we were able to keep people playing and the matches flowing. Looking into getting more for PBT#3 considering the tournament's growing appeal.

For everyone who brings a complete set up, you will receive a free lunch at the Bistro.

If you have a near complete set up, bring it as well and I'll see what kinds of deals I can make for you.

I've been talking to the restaurant manager. In order to not have a venue fee, we must all do our part and buy some food. We have to eat anyway right? At PBT#2 I made an announcement about this and we exceeded our target window for food sales. Congrats everyone. We can continue to have a 0$ venue fee as long as we buy food like we did last time.

Considering how speedy/smooth the tournaments are going and the free event (teams), I don't think asking us to buy food is pushing it at all.

Come hungry. Leave Smashed Happy.

If you have any questions, concerns, or comments send them my way... ADarkDreamer@gmail.com

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
You might want to push that back KK, most of us are going to be out of town.

@Billy: I'm on it, i'll have them up tonight.

@Hylian: SOUP? O.o

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
Everyone in Dallas is better then me at smash.

Discuss.
It's namely your community. Engulf yourself in equal or better opposition and you will get better. I said the same thing to DMG. If he lived around our area, omg!

Everytime I play a Gdub on gamebattles...I see d.air > d.tilt/d.smash > b.air (or d.air again) *repeat* It's getting irritating. Hylian, you ought to create a way to mix up Gdub's moveset into something more fighteristic. I'm thinkin like dash > trampoline > ff (cross up) n.air > sh d.air > f.smash > dash attack. Just some crazy ish like that. Go Blanka on their ***!

I'm reading the MK should/will be banned thread v2. Based on their results, I can only create my own predictions on what their metagame must be like.

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
You might want to push that back KK, most of us are going to be out of town.

@Billy: I'm on it, i'll have them up tonight.

@Hylian: SOUP? O.o
Fogo, did you get the file links I sent you? I haven't heard from you since I sent you the message on Sunday. Let me know if you got them or if anything is wrong.

@Infinity: I read that whole thread about MK and I totally regret it, lol. Some people just cannot make a coherent argument. I can't believe the "banning food versus not banning food argument" actually comes up in there. Are you ******* kidding me? I wonder how the SBR discussion is going on the ban topic, since only intelligent, useful debaters are allowed in (theoretically).

One of the posters made a good point, though. That we need empirical data, and facts as to why MK needs to be banned.

Also, I won't be in the area this weekend. Going to Austin again to see my folks. You know those guys who I keep saying will show up to tourneys but they never do? Yeah, those guys.

That's one less low-tier character you guys get to beat up on.
(end wall)
...btw my Lucas is actually god tier...

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hylian you still drunk? What with that stupid comment you posted, not everything is about you man. You're just trying to start some drama before hobo12 so please spam the Houston thread or whatever 30+ threads you read, we already got CY spamming stupid **** in the Dallas thread we don't need another spammer. Anyways what will happen if Dallas says they are better then you? You're going to what laugh and ask for MM that **** just stupid.
What? Please point out where I have been spamming in the dallas thread? I posted one comment, which was ment to be humorous/rouse MM's.

It's also a way to get myself hyped. I love playing against confident players :).

Consistancy has is shortcomings.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
What? Please point out where I have been spamming in the dallas thread? I posted one comment, which was ment to be humorous/rouse MM's.

It's also a way to get myself hyped. I love playing against confident players :).

Consistancy has is shortcomings.
Sorry if I read your post incorrectly hard to tell when people are being sarcastic, please accept my apologize. Anyways if you're interested in a MM how about we do 2/3 for $5? But if thats too low we can do $10 for 3/5.

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
Gamebattles is not an accurate representation of Smash, dude, you know this.
I wasn't describing the best game layout for the smash platform. I'm depicting a common reoccurance of strategy implemented by players who use Gdub. Because of INPUT lag, the strategy is very strong. Offline and Online...it's used everywhere. What I'm getting at is...Gdub players should mix up that core strategy around their game to develop a stronger Gdub metagame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom