• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
If I get a venue, I'll hold tournaments all da time. How about I hold the next phase? At that fx games or whatever it is. Who's down for the weekend after whobo?
yeah that venue was nice and its hyper close. I should still be able to go even with my job.. it's just im also on call >.>

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
If I get a venue, I'll hold tournaments all da time. How about I hold the next phase? At that fx games or whatever it is. Who's down for the weekend after whobo?
I'm down for smash.

Don't take that the wrong way plz. :reverse:

Bwett

Smash Ace
MvC3 isn't called "Sentinel the game", it's called "Don't be predictable and call out a punishable assist at the beginning vs Haggar assist...the game". If you don't respect Haggar or Tron, you lose instantly. Almost any character who X-factors mid combo with 2 hyper bars will kill the character on point.

And...**** lol

Denti

Smash Master
I've got a Venue for FT worth tournaments. It's an ice cream store XD I'm the tournament on March the 26th, the weekend after whobo. I'm making the thread now

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, A.R.K. III (One of the South's largest fighting game tournaments) is coming up on April 2nd at Conway Gaming Center in Conway, AR! We are expecting at least ~120 people (including 10-20 players from the DFW, TX area) at this tournament featuring games such as Melee, Brawl, Project: M, SSF4, BB:CS, Tekken 6, Arcana Heart 3, Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, and more! The Smash portion of the event will be run by Smashboard's own VTS and we will have a recording station available for you to record whichever matches you deem necessary (just work it out with the station manager). If you have ANY questions, please post on here or on the official tournament thread where you can find more details about the event located at http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=298654. Please try to make it and show your support not only for us, but for the Regional Smash community as a whole. Thanks guys!

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
wowwww thank god I canceled my Live renewal today. Can't imagine playing game with touch of deaths like MvC3 in my connection

those aint playable yellow either, mind you

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Also, theres already a Tournament that Kyle held in San Antonio that went by "Revolution"...dunno if hes planning on running more of them =/

An yeah, MvC3 online isn't so hot, even with a good connection. High execution combos are pretty much impossible, and thats without taking into account the random lag spikes.

EDIT: The fact that someone uploaded a video of Dante's Million Carats X-factor glitch to the front page of shoryu the day that I figured out about it makes me sad =(

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I dunno. For most people, I've had a near flawless connection. Oddly enough, people from other countries have a better track record than a lot of NA people.

Highhhhh Execution gets *****, but that's why you play easy **** like Sentinel who gets a time window the size of a Beluga Whale for his combos.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I live in northeast fort Worth about 10 minutes south of Denti. The city is called North Richland Hills.
isn't that far from the phase x venue? (Sorry if this is a dumb question I'm trying to figure out Dallas distances lol)

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Uhhh...u want to hold a tourney the week after a national? >_>
I was going to hold next phase weekend after Denti's (2 weeks after World Hobo 3)... If people are interested i'll do it, if not because its right after the ft. worth tournament then I will move it another week or 2..

Dojo

Smash Champion
I also don't agree with the very next weekend after Whobo. Unless you're looking for a 10-20 man city wide, but you could just get a smashfest together for that.

If Denti goes through with his tourney the weekend after Whobo I would say give a week inbetween and people will go. We need to get a date schedule going for you guys to organize tourneys. I might make that.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
I also don't agree with the very next weekend after Whobo. Unless you're looking for a 10-20 man city wide, but you could just get a smashfest together for that.

If Denti goes through with his tourney the weekend after Whobo I would say give a week inbetween and people will go. We need to get a date schedule going for you guys to organize tourneys. I might make that.
Problem. I already claimed the 16th for my tournament. The 2nd for Phase would work out better for everyone interested in traveling to these events.

I agree though that a set schedule is a good idea if and only if all of the TOs in the area are participating in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom