• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
I could probably make it rude. One question on the payout, how much does it cost to enter? However much it costs should determine payout structure.
Uh, not sure yet, what do you suggest I do?

Ruddy were you that young dude with that SIKK fox??? THAT WAS AMAZING!!! You are easily the best youngest smash player evar!!! But yeah i was the ness player and I could come richardsons closer than Dphats and ill be off from skool so yeah
Yea I was that young dude with the sikk fox. Thanks a lot :p, and your ness is amazing man.

Oh and dphat what do you think of my tourney? Could you come and if so possibly bring a tv? :D

K.G.

Smash Apprentice
man Good games everybody. and ima try to start showin up to more tourneys so I can get back in da game cause ive been missing out on alot .and crew battles too crucial. UTD wreckin shop.

N.O.T.A.-SrsC@

Smash Apprentice
Its a Friday.
Srsly, you're ****-well spoken, dude. But might try not to forget that the day after Thanksgiving is always a Friday and it's always called Black Friday because of the Christmas-shopping traffic. In any case, If goes, I'll go.

ooh girl i got shoppin to do

and traffic is a ***** on black friday
(psst. Ruddy's a guy, a little one, but still a guy.)

Yea I was that young dude with the sikk fox. Thanks a lot :p, and your ness is amazing man.

Oh and dphat what do you think of my tourney? Could you come and if so possibly bring a tv? :D
Too bad Fox get raeped by Pikachu, who's your secondary?

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
Tournament stuff!
Count me in! If UTD Zac is going it will be a slam dunk for me to go, provided that he's willing to spend the extra 10 cents of gas to stop at my apt. :p

Also, the payout for tourneys seems to go something like 60%-30%-10% (of the entrance money). Some of us think that's a little too top-heavy, but you can always do it like we did at Dphats. 50-25-10-10-5

Singles money should be awarded to more places, and for doubles it should be more centered at the top finishers. IMO.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Dallas, what's new?

So, what are y'alls plans for OK Snap? Are y'all gonna stay there the whole weekend or drive up on Saturday? Let me know.

Bwett

Smash Ace
Dallas, what's new?

So, what are y'alls plans for OK Snap? Are y'all gonna stay there the whole weekend or drive up on Saturday? Let me know.
I'm actually trying to figure that out right now, but it might take awhile. From the way it seems, it would easier and more fun to chill the day before, but I don't know what's happening with people from Houston coming up. I know I'm housing Stiltz, but besides that, I am in the dark lol

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Alright. Well, Jeff and I are gonna be at the tourney. If y'all stay in Dallas the night before, would it be cool if we hung out with you guys?

Bwett

Smash Ace
Alright. Well, Jeff and I are gonna be at the tourney. If y'all stay in Dallas the night before, would it be cool if we hung out with you guys?
No sweat, dude. Perfectly fine with me. Actually, thinking back on it, we will probably be spending the night at DallasPhat's if we stay in Dallas the night before, but that doesn't change anything. He doesn't care if people come over. But if he does, my place is always open :). O yeah, just to let you know, we will be heading up to your place on Friday and will get there somewhere around 10pm or 11pm, depending on when we leave exactly. Can you give us the physical address?

EDIT:
We need to go ahead and determine car settings for OK Snap as it is. Fogo, can you go ahead and add OK to the car list and remove WTF. Right now, they are determining housing and it seems like it might be rather tight so we have to secure our spot quick, if possible. Also, so no one is confused, post what the car settings are, as they stand now, for HOBO.

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
Sweet, I already have atleast one person attending. Glad I could accomodate you.

I hope plenty of people can still come even though its like, right after thanksgiving.

Edit: wow AiB is down right now, everytime I try to go there I get this weird server fail message or something.
yeah i really need to come to this or some other tourny/smashfest so i can mm everybody i need to mm(ice,infinity,fogo,forsaken i think thats everybody correct me if im wrong :))

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
This message directed towards Dallas players attending Oh Snap V4, for sure. Please, please, please let me catch a ride with who ever is offering. I'm more than willing to pay gas money, And I don't take up much room. Hell, I'd ride ***** seat to and from if I have to.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
DFF (Dallas Phat Fridays) Tournament on 9-27-08

1: Db4a
2: Sudai
3: Fogo
4: Dallas Phat
5: UTDZac
5: Ice
7: Foursaken
7: kirby kid
9: Snap
9: Fmatt
9: Infinity
9: Phoenix Alpha
13: T/Ray
13: Ruddin'
13: Marcus
13: KG
17: Eel
17: Roflcopter
17: Shuz

Link to results: http://i34.tinypic.com/fm7uc0.png

I was upset that I never got to play Dphat or Sudai in bracket =(

and Fogo, stop getting GW practice with your bro.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
updated son;

Attention dallas!

I'm running low on money for hobo, and i don't have a way to make any before the tournament besides selling controllers and making repairs. If anybody need/wants anything done to their controller please tell me so i can come do it or sell you one before thursday. Remember, my controllers are broken in to perfection and i have a large array for you to choose from. Thanks to anyone who's willing to help! :)

chronoize

Smash Journeyman
updated son;

Attention dallas!

I'm running low on money for hobo, and i don't have a way to make any before the tournament besides selling controllers and making repairs. If anybody need/wants anything done to their controller please tell me so i can come do it or sell you one before thursday. Remember, my controllers are broken in to perfection and i have a large array for you to choose from. Thanks to anyone who's willing to help! :)
im buying a white controller off ebay, 2 for like 16 bucks. ive been wanting to use your services to customize it. how bout this i'll pay you in advance, and when i get the controller you can work your (fogo) magic

@utdzac XD!!!!!

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Too bad Fox get raeped by Pikachu, who's your secondary?
Lucas, though mine's not near as good as Alpha's :p. (my only training has been online and lucas gets screwed online)

Edit: Hey Shuz, I was just lookin at your sig and I was wondering if you'd like that black space transparent. I just happened to have photoshop up (I'm workin on a banner for my mom's school website thing, she's a teacher) and edited it out if you wanted it. Here it is, I added a border too. (You don't have to use it or anything, its just in case you like it)

Edit2: Weird, the tags on vbulletin must be a little different than IF because I couldn't get the code tags to work properly, but you probably know how to get the code anyway.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Lucas, though mine's not near as good as Alpha's :p. (my only training has been online and lucas gets screwed online)
Pretty dang good for only playing online. Remember to use those Dairs into Utilts with Fox. And researching your character helps A LOT. Seriously!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Fogo I want my controller in the Wario colors and a big fat W emblem on it centered.

BAM The Wario main has spoken...

chronoize

Smash Journeyman

Edit: Hey Shuz, I was just lookin at your sig and I was wondering if you'd like that black space transparent. I just happened to have photoshop up (I'm workin on a banner for my mom's school website thing, she's a teacher) and edited it out if you wanted it. Here it is, I added a border too. (You don't have to use it or anything, its just in case you like it)

Edit2: Weird, the tags on vbulletin must be a little different than IF because I couldn't get the code tags to work properly, but you probably know how to get the code anyway.
nah its ok, thanks for the offer though, turns out i changed my main

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
ruddy already seems to have dair utilt combos down
Yea, I used to do dair utilts like crazy but then all I'd get was grabbed, so I started mixing it up. Dair, jab, grab seems to work very well (or continue the jab into punches, gotta mix that up too). It gives the person very little time (like 25ish frames) before my jab will hit, so the jab actually stops some attempted grabs and then they're wide open for a grab after the jab. Also if I jump slightly over them and dair more towards their back I'll land behind them and they can't grab, so all they can do is shield, possibly down smash, spot dodge, or roll away. If they shield I can pivot grab, if they down smash I can spot dodge or just shield if its one of those annoying ones like pikachu's. If they spot dodge I can short hop neutral into a downsmash if needed, and if they roll away, well, they rolled away.

Or I could just do a short hop fair and DI myself out of grab range, then I'm only vulnerable to like, a couple character's dashes (meta's I think :urg:), but getting hit by a dash will only happen if they realize what I'm doing and don't try to grab as I start to fall (most of the time people's instincts are to grab). Hmm... I guess I have to worry about tether grabs though. Ah well, everything's circumstancial.

nah its ok, thanks for the offer though, turns out i changed my main
Ah, what made you decide to change to kirbs?

bluezaft

The True Zaft
^I loved that.

Yeah, Fogo, I'm going to need a controller that occasionally transforms into a robot that fights the evil Decepticons in the name of justice, and also has my name on it.

Bwett

Smash Ace
As an update G-Krew has housing for OK at Thien's apt. Everyone else who plans on going needs to post on their thread to find housing arrangements. Thien is setting up things for housing at other's places as we speak and it is first come first serve. Don't doddle, beyotches! :p

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
As an update G-Krew has housing for OK at Thien's apt. Everyone else who plans on going needs to post on their thread to find housing arrangements. Thien is setting up things for housing at other's places as we speak and it is first come first serve. Don't doddle, beyotches! :p
This is very true. Most of G-Krew confirmed weeks ago, so I will make sure you guys get properly housed. Other than that, the rest of you need to confirm in the OH SNAP! thread ASAP because housing assignments go out this week. I promise I will try to accommodate as many of you as possible.

Bwett

Smash Ace
This is very true. Most of G-Krew confirmed weeks ago, so I will make sure you guys get properly housed. Other than that, the rest of you need to confirm in the OH SNAP! thread ASAP because housing assignments go out this week. I promise I will try to accommodate as many of you as possible.
I'm gonna make a shirt: I <3 Thien

You rock, dude.

To Sudai: Paper beats rock...lol

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
I wanna stay where Gkrew stays. :)
Dojo, I think I've asked you in like three different threads, but you probably keep missing it because all the threads are so freakin' active, but I need to know if you and Santi on lock to come up to OH SNAP! - I'm making the first round of assignments as we speak on the front page.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Oh sorry man. Yeah I've missed them. XD

Yeah Santi got new tires and everything and I got the next 2 tourney trips so he'll be down for this drive I'm sure. Either way we're coming one way or another. Count us in. Count in Cake too. All 3 of us will DEFINITELY be going.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion

Yeah Santi got new tires and everything and I got the next 2 tourney trips so he'll be down for this drive I'm sure. Either way we're coming one way or another. Count us in. Count in Cake too. All 3 of us will DEFINITELY be going.
The Cake is a lie!

Le_THieN

Smash Lord

Awesome. I'll mark you guys down, and I'll do my best to see if I can keep you guys staying at the same place.

What is a cake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom