• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
Just go past Bush freeway/highway whatever it's called headed towards Copell. Once you past that going down Beltline, you should hit this big apartment complex, and before that see some railroad tracks. It's right off of fairway if you follow my directions.

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Thank you so much rofl you have no idea how helpful that is and how convenient in comparison to where we were when you gave me those directions.

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
What apartment number? Sorry nvm, is it at the fairway? Sorry got kind've confused. We're like at fairway atm.

Please reply faaast.

OMG I'm at the freakin karrington apartments where is the place????

PLEASE REPLY like now, I'm here at the apartments I dont' know where the heck to go Im getting really frustrated. Is there a phone number I can call?

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
sorry for triple posting but for crying out babies give me a freakin apartment number or I'm going to start knocking on random doors looking for dallas phat!!!!!

Big Bob

Smash Apprentice
It's apartment 612.

Next time be sure to check these things out beforehand.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
The Italian Inn?

Also, who is this girl trying to take the cooking title from me and Gigi?
I'm not trying to outrank... I just got the "G-Krew cook" title from those in G-Krew. I just bake. Baked goods are my speciality. Nothing else really. And cooking fish. Seafood's on my menu as well I suppose.

Although it's been a while since they moved weeklies to weekends.
Not to brag, but my cookies are legendary. In a way.

PS I just won 2 tickets to an advanced screening this Wednesday of Religulous. I'm looking for someone to go with who would actually, you know, appreciate it.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Hey Fogo I possibly got 3 controllers to donate to you; not sure what you can do with them since a few of the cords are damaged, but I'm sure u can save the controller pieces otherwise.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Not to brag, but my cookies are legendary. In a way.

PS I just won 2 tickets to an advanced screening this Wednesday of Religulous. I'm looking for someone to go with who would actually, you know, appreciate it.
I really kinda wanted to see that. I heard it supposed to be quite interesting. Let me know how it is please?

MimicMew

Smash Apprentice
Haha, thank you for that quick retort. Not only did I have to explain what I was giggling about to my father, I then had to explain what four stocking was.
It'll soon be defined in all dictionaries along with 'no johns'.

chronoize

Smash Journeyman
woah i was on game trailers and i found this vid on ssfIV

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/270575.html?playlist=featured

if yall havent followed the storyline of street fighter Ken and Ryu were disciples of Gouken until a badass named Akuma allegedly killed Gouken, around street fighter alpha. oh Akuma allegedly killed M.Bison after SFII but i guess not huh...

so what impresses me is the combo potential in this game, ive never seen anything like this in any street fighter game unless its alpha v-ism, or like yang/yun's special. Also i saw a couple parries, tell me what yall think about this.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
The Italian Inn?

Also, who is this girl trying to take the cooking title from me and Gigi?
The Italian Cafe. It's on the corner of McCart and Sycamore School Rd.

Her name is Monica, and her cookies are just as good as yours, sir. Her cake, on the other hand, is ****ING AMAZING.

Yo Infinity, it is very important that you bring my DS to this tournament. Please if you remember bro it's really important lolz.
Obv.

You guys are horribile at **** talking.

Someone get Lee Harris in here lmao.
I'm awful at **** talking dude, but it's fun every once in a while :p

woah i was on game trailers and i found this vid on ssfIV

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/270575.html?playlist=featured

if yall havent followed the storyline of street fighter Ken and Ryu were disciples of Gouken until a badass named Akuma allegedly killed Gouken, around street fighter alpha. oh Akuma allegedly killed M.Bison after SFII but i guess not huh...

so what impresses me is the combo potential in this game, ive never seen anything like this in any street fighter game unless its alpha v-ism, or like yang/yun's special. Also i saw a couple parries, tell me what yall think about this.
He killed them both with the Shun Goku Satsu, sir. But hey, they can do whatever they want with their storyline. I'll probably main this guy if I don't main Gouki.

N.O.T.A.-SrsC@

Smash Apprentice
Srsly, that was a mean Ness flyin' around killin everything. Awestin, I srsly wanna rematch, never got to face you but once.

D-phat, you ran a mean game against Wolf in tourney, and the surprise Olimar out of left field *****. I do bad in tournaments anyways. It's just a SrsC@ thing. I know why, and I also know that if I change it, I'd be getting too angry at the game instead of just disapointed, so I'll stick with what I've got.

Arikado

Smash Rookie
results???
Top three were:
1) d4ba
2) Ice
3) Infinity

Good games tonight. Finally getting to play more people in actual sets is great, especially since I haven't even played most of you guys yet. It allows me to see where I stand and what I need to improve upon.

I'll try to make it for Saturday's tourney, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to.

chronoize

Smash Journeyman
ill be there on saturday, all i can bring is my dvd recorder, unless yall can tolerate my disfunctional wii.

im feeling nice so ill be making some fried rice at andys place. i dare you to make a racist remark =P. anyways andy gets first dibbs, then its first come first serve, limited too. So get there early.

also
congrats billy for being in the "best vids of each char" thread.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=185253
Yoshi:

Scatz - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zB4b4roRRsM *NEW*
Nominated by bigman40
September 5th 2008

Yoster - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rr1qrV-tYnQ
Nominated by Menardi
August 24th 2008

Bwett - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=t-MQUHnIBUQ&feature=related
Nominated by Menardi
August 11th 2008

Pride - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=QrS8T-svGVo
Nominated by Forsworn
July 1st 2008

Burntsocks - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=w9GjjgwXF_Y
Nominated by Forsworn
May 21st 2008

L

Livid

The new KoF looks like it's going to be awesome, but if they leave out Joe again, I'm killing someone. As much as I love Terry, Leona, and Kim, Joe is my main man. ;/

Arikado

Smash Rookie
The new KoF looks like it's going to be awesome, but if they leave out Joe again, I'm killing someone. As much as I love Terry, Leona, and Kim, Joe is my main man. ;/
Heads are gonna roll if Clark is left out.

Who knows when Americans will get a chance to play the game, though. :(

L

Livid

I don't think it's till next year. I don't think they'll leave Clark out, though; unless they plan on replacing him with Heidern. I really do want Joe back in the games, though; things just don't seem right without him.

Arikado

Smash Rookie
I don't think it's till next year. I don't think they'll leave Clark out, though; unless they plan on replacing him with Heidern. I really do want Joe back in the games, though; things just don't seem right without him.
It's set for an April release next year in Japan. Who knows when/if an American release date will be announced.

I doubt they'll bring Heidern back, since they brought Leona back with a redesign after she was left out of XI, but who knows. Heidern was cool in the limited number of KOF games he was playable in. Clark has been in every KOF game up to this point, but I'm wondering if he may get the axe this time since there already two from the Ikari Warriors team (Ralf and Leona). There were only 20 characters (11 playable) shown on the select screen at the AM Convention in Japan a week or so ago.

L

Livid

Well, there's gotta be at least three for every team, because they're still doing that approach. I'm sure more characters will be added, since April of '09 is still pretty far away.

Sudai

Stuff here
So Sudai got very little sleep due to a noisy room mate coming in and devouring chips at 3AM in the morning, but we're still heading over. It looks like it's just gonna be me and one other guy, sadly. The other two had to bail last minute. Leaving here in like..2.5 hours. See you guys in like 7-8. :o

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
Dictionary.com word of the days is... MELEE!
melee \MAY-lay; may-LAY\, noun:
1. A fight or hand-to-hand struggle in which the combatants are mingled in one confused mass.
2. A confused conflict or mingling.

The accident sparked a general melee, people smashing things just for the satisfaction of watching glass fly.
- Dorothy Allison,
Cavedweller

Would anyone like to play Super Smash Bros. Melee with me today?

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Dang, at first I thought you meant the Batman villain.

I'm surprised Burton didn't make Depp Alice.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Dang, at first I thought you meant the Batman villain.

I'm surprised Burton didn't make Depp Alice.
I hope it's not just Willy Wonky in Wonderland dude.

Does anyone know Dphat's party start today? Sorry for being ill informed.
If I remember right he wants to get started between 3 and 4, so some time before then.

Nice to see you got my message on TXGamers and moved over here dude. Were you that Rudy dude from yesterday?

Also, this one is for Nate and Fogo:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom