• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

ICE27

Smash Apprentice
NNID
michael0275
yea thats what his name was... and 13th is the number of the city where BlazBlue basically takes place...idk

/sherlock

D***! Sherlock Holmes that S*** man. Impressive. Also side note that movie was pretty true to the character.

Mirachael

Smash Rookie
Troll troll troll.
I hope everyone had a good holiday.
I miss you all. My brother does too, I think.

Also, everyone should get Bayonetta when it comes out.
I recommend it to everyone.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Guy Ritchie did change his character, but from what I read, it was reasonable changes. He made Holmes more eccentric, which makes sense when you think about it, as most incredibly smart people have many eccentricities to make up for it. All in all, I loved the film because Robert Downey, Jr. did such a great job. A lot of my friends were worried that he was going to act like Tony Stark, but boy were they wrong. He's a beast actor who can do a ton of roles with ease. I'd love to see him get a nomination for Best Actor at the Oscars this year over the usual independent film actors the Academy seems to love now.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
I will save my comments to this when I see the movie since the previews for it are NOT AT ALL true to the character.
Sherlock Holmes is that in the books, he does all these amazing things, like get shot at, chase people on horseback, getting in brawls, and other harrowing and dangerous things.

However, the problem is that it never actually happens within the actual story's present. Sherlock usually retells his adventures, only telling us about his crazy adventures in the past tense.

Since the movie would be very boring with Sherlock only talking about his adventures (like much of the books), they simply decided to actually show us the events as they happened.

Besides, who wants to see a slow placed and dry movie with the old deer hunting hat and the fat Watson? They didn't work very well on a mass appeal then, and certainly wouldn't today.

Plus, while you may think it's all action from the previews, there still is quite a bit of detective work, and in the ending, he does reveal his amazing powers of observation and deduction, in true Holmes fashion.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Like I said, I will keep my comments about the book character to movie character until I actually see the movie. :p

I'm not ever talking about the action. Sherlock Holmes did not like women. He certainly wasn't the womanizer that they play him off to be in the previews.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Your taking the wrong ideas from the previews. He barely even speaks to/of women in the movie, other than to repeatedly tell Watson not to marry one...

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
He is portrayed differently from the books.

Also "Another common incorrect attribution is that Holmes, throughout the entire novel series, is never explicitly described as wearing a 'deerstalker hat.'"

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The movie is decent.

Not amazing.

Not fantastic.

Not great.

But then again, most people expected this movie to be just that: Decent.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Rocko's Modern World was amazing. That show needs to be revived.

Cow and Chicken was also pretty good. The Pantless Devil guy was pretty bada**.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ok, not gonna lie. I'd take Ren and Stimpy over Rocko's Modern Life.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
I feel weird for not knowing any of this stuff. One: I never had cable. Two: I never got home in time since my mom had to pick me up and that didn't happen till around 5 ish. Three: I read A LOT when I was a kid.

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
Hey Dallas people, I am new to the Dallas brawl scene since I have not gone to any tourneys around here, but that will change. I mainly play brawl where I go to school down in south Texas, I hope that I can meet you guys one day and play some good matches.

I did not like Rocko's modern life, but Cow and Chicken I could watch for hours, it would make me lol so hard.

ICE27

Smash Apprentice
NNID
michael0275
I will save my comments to this when I see the movie since the previews for it are NOT AT ALL true to the character.
The previews do exaggerate some what. But, why do you even say anything? Just go watch the movie.

Ice has never actually read the books.
Oh Juan aren't you quite the Sherlock Holmes however did you come to such a conclusion.

Like I said, I will keep my comments until I actually see the movie. :p

Sherlock Holmes did not like women. He certainly wasn't the womanizer that they play him off to be in the previews.
Saving comments? Well you keep on so not quite. And womanizer? There are like two woman in the movie. One that keeps bugging him and one that wants to marry Watson. In which he tells Watson not to go through with it. And pays someone off to tell him the same.

The movie is decent.
Oh well of course you wouldn't like it. There wasn't enough running.

Idn't that cute...BUT YOU'RE WROOOOOOONNNNNNNNGGG!!!!!!!
Pro Billy. Two stupid dogs too good.

Lmao. 2 Stupid Dogs. Billy is pro.
QFT

Rocko's Modern World was amazing. That show needs to be revived.
Cow and Chicken was also pretty good. The Pantless Devil guy was pretty bada**.
Rocko Modern Life was garbage. Cow and Chicken was definitly a favorite. I think cow and Chicken win this one.

Cow and Chicken was awesome. Porkbutts and potatoes were awesome!
QFT

I feel weird for not knowing any of this stuff. One: I never had cable. Two: I never got home in time since my mom had to pick me up and that didn't happen till around 5 ish. Three: I read A LOT when I was a kid.
Well it's obvisously not you fault. Sounds like someone wants seasons on DVD :D

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
Hey Dallas people, I am new to the Dallas brawl scene since I have not gone to any tourneys around here, but that will change. I mainly play brawl where I go to school down in south Texas, I hope that I can meet you guys one day and play some good matches.

I did not like Rocko's modern life, but Cow and Chicken I could watch for hours, it would make me lol so hard.
Are you only in Dallas for the School break or are you there now for good?

And Welcome!

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Well it's obvisously not you fault. Sounds like someone wants seasons on DVD :D
No, I really don't. I've come to accept the fact I didn't have a normal childhood. :p

And everything I said about the movie I said was based on the previews. The previews play him off to be and he wasn't anywhere near that in the book. Hence why I'm waiting to fully comment on my opinion of the movie when I see it.

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
I am only here for the brake, so until the 15th I will be in Dallas. But when summer rolls around I will be here then as well.
You should try to get in the Dallas carpool to go to Final Smash 8. Would be a great chance for you to meet all the Dallas guys and go to a super legit tournament.

**runs away from Awestin**

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Step it up Waco, recruit harder.

lol.

Dallas recruits so hard, even I am a part of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom