• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

DEV64

Smash Apprentice
yes now i have something to do.great job at HOBO i was expecting ice to be higher but still good job to infinity/utdzach at doubles and getting 9th hopfully ill be there at some point:chuckle:

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Hey Jesi, is darkrain gonna come visit anytime soon? Or at least before the Kansas tourney?

K.G.

Smash Apprentice
Talking about the Daigo video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS7hkwbKmBM

Dude's a beast in just about everything he plays. There are videos floating around on YouTube of him playing SFIV.
exactly.lol dnt want that happening to me. but im pretty much a beast at street fighter all ready I jus dnt know the technicallity of the game so I stil got some growing to do. I been following the game for as long as I can remember

Oracle

Smash Master
Thanks Jack. Now I have to convince my parents... would it be ok if they e-mailed you or something to just touch base (I'm catholic, they're overprotective. Go figure :( )

WHO ELSE PLAYS SOUL CALIBER IV?
I CHALLENGE THEE!!

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I got TIO on my comp along with the HOBO 10 teams and singles brackets if ya'll want em.
You guys would laugh as to how easy some people's brackets were and how others were difficult as hell.

If any1 wants, I can post up everyone's (dallas or other city players) tourny results...who they lost to etc etc.

My bracket went like this (won all my sets except against stiltz) : Forbidden ranger, Trex (went to game 3: was anybody's set due to my CG failure), Bwett, Infinity, Gnes (this guy put sethlon in losers), Dojo (winners finals) and finally Stiltz (who **** wreaked me).
I'll be sure to prepare for him next go around.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Guys, its official!!!!! M2K is attending HOBO11. plz attend this event!!!!! this may be your only chance to play him!!!

Jesi

Smash Ace
Man you spend a day working in the lab and two pages worth of forum posts just pass you on by... :p

Bluezaft: Thanks that's really flattering haha. I must say I bragged to all my KC friends how amazing you are at marth/smash hehe I don't think they believe me yet... but maybe one day you'll show them haha. You really are amazing at predicting/changing it up, I could learn a lot from you!

It was also nice meeting you leapinghare, and Jay, you guys were super nice. :D

pootTheBox: It takes me 20 minutes to get there from my house and I know exactly how to get there now! Thanks so much for your hospitality your house is really cool! :p Well I suppose that's Gigi's house hmm? She is super cool too, her doc is top tier IMO -_- you can tell her I said that ^_^!

I would love to come to a training session this Friday, just tell me what time. I don't get out of class till 5 though and I might need to do an hour or so worth of homework before I come. I need details for houston too cause I'd really like to go ^_^. I can drive if need be. :)

D'oH: darkrain is coming to visit me not this weekend, but the following weekend after that. He will be here from Thursday through Sunday (well he'll be leaving Sunday so he won't be here that much that day). I already told him about smashing over w/ Gigi/James' so we probably will hang out there on Saturday night for a bit. ^_^ Maybe we'll bring drinks too! :D

I really had a GREAT time Saturday night thanks for letting me have so much fun w/ you guyssss!! :D

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
sweet, it'll be awesome to see you guys again. i don't know if you remember me, but i know we've played in doubles before at MLG chicago (i teamed with capps indigo) and i always end up playing darkrain in regional crews.

oh, and one time, darkrain told me i was good, i just needed to stop sandbagging.

i have yet to heed that advice.

Jesi

Smash Ace
I think I'll remember more when I see you in person, but I know that you're a talented smasher, that's all I really need to know mirite?!?!? lol

dark is hailed as a peach slayer so you should be able to get some mad practice in haha. We'll try and bring a setup too if: we are allowed to/they want us to/we can? lol

peace! :D

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
soul caliber 4 is dumb, there hasn't been a good one since 2. if you disagree, come to california to prove me wrong.

speaking of which, i moved the date to January 17th cause a lot of college classes start around the week of the 10th

also, i wanna **** play you guys in guilty gear and street fighter, i didn't get to do that when i was out there

ICE27

Smash Apprentice
NNID
michael0275
dude i agree sc4 does suck and yes number 2 was the only good one i think i mean sc3 was balanced but 2 was better and what r u talking about on the 17th?

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Hey guys, I got TIO on my comp along with the HOBO 10 teams and singles brackets if ya'll want em.
You guys would laugh as to how easy some people's brackets were and how others were difficult as hell.
I would appreciate it if you could pm that to me, singles and doubles. Just an image file right?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SEAN!!!!

Also, can i come play melee on friday? I'll bring poot's new and improved controller if so.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931

If any1 wants, I can post up everyone's (dallas or other city players) tourny results...who they lost to etc etc.
Cool, can you post my bracket? I had to face the most Power ranked people I think, 5 of them and Stiltz twice.

K.G.

Smash Apprentice
fogo u up for som melee/brawl at my house today?when I get out of school that is I only have 1 class and I get out by 12 20 so I'll be home around 3

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Guys, its official!!!!! M2K is attending HOBO11. plz attend this event!!!!! this may be your only chance to play him!!!
Well, hell yeah! I just got the 4th off, so I know I can go to HOBO 11. Not to mention I have a very fuel-efficient Honda, so I'd totally be willing to help drive, too. I wouldn't miss this sh*t for the world.

Bwett

Smash Ace
I'm totally up for going on the 4th. Dunno if I have plans, but I'll force them to work. Who all is going? We need to concoct plans and super train! lol

Also, Eric, we need to prepare for the doubles tournament!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SEAN!!!! Monica and I are figuring out what your cake will look like ;)

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
Monster Post!

you should change your name to DaShuzWiz
I had me a chuckle! :chuckle:

One lonely evening alone home
End up with carpal tunnel syndrome
Here I am don't forget the heavy back aches
Grown and living off of little Debbie snack cakes
Supposed to be checking e-mails
All I got is messages from *** naked females

Kookies

I don't know no jenny she said its free and I wont owe her a penny
And that's the last time I saw her
But thousands of more horror and on-line Gomorra
And Sodom
They got 'em with they curls out
And they got a better sales pitch then the girl scouts
I wonder what I owe her
For a whole box of caramel coconut samoa

Nite nite

Ok honey sweet dreams now it gets very serious like peach creams
A metal hand filled squish it on the quilt
Misses wakes up and I'm killed over spilled milk
Locked in looking at your picture
Fully clothed winter and I right there wit cha
Thinking about the last time I split your wishbone
A man could only wish you could do the same till he get home
Fat chance
At least he got snacks
Better have the due till a brother get back
Till then smack when I jack
I hope wanna hit peoples kookies with a fried pack
That's three different flavors
Chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry wafers
He acting all hard bout to get beat up
I'll show him what time it is once I get his feet up
As soon as he fell off his beat down all I hear is
Thirteenth cell put the sheet down
**** C.O.
What the hell do she know
Besides the fact that she wants her back dug out on the d-low
A workaholic with a fountain in the ink pen
House in the mountains and he stop drinking again
In the wee hours he's gotten farther
Maybe three showers getting hot and bothered
The wiz with her legs bent pregnant
God blessed the **** she wondered where her egg went
He got to hell but it's hard to drink with out it
And could use some kookies but trying not to think about it
Watch him bet on jazz from knowledge on file
Every other commercial college hoes gone wild
Soft batch he prefer the other bunch like they got for lunch
Chocolate fudge butter crunch

Don't mess with the ritz bitz, wheat thins, saltine triskits
Motts so's and cheese its
Catch sugar fits every time he sees a nice pair of
Chips ahoy double chocolate chunk
Something with the bubble and the junk in the trunk
Even the oreo
No matter what the weather
Always kept dipped in milk and stuck together
In the game he's shameless even uses a code name Famous Amos
Cheaper than a short stay at the day's inn and good like 25 cent oatmeal raisin
Give it up to who invented the camera
Never mind the ginger bread men and the grandma's
Make sure she don't wake from her dream
Killer get caught with a hand full of cream filled

Kookies

It might seem ill
Didn't take the time to read your book^ (yet) but I miss yuh dude!

heres how dallas people did

2nd - d4ba
9th - Infinity
13th - Fogo
17th - Bwett
17th - Phoenix Alpha
25th - Shuz
25th - UTDZac
33rd - DallasPhat
33rd - Ice

out of 118 players

utd zac and infinity got second in teams.
Boo Barlw! Honestly though, good job reppin' home guys.

Don't look at singles ><

A shame we had to play Dphat and Fogo. Glad Fogo got to go on and do better than I would have. I'm just not that good yet. Gah it feels so weird.
I don't think I'll ever understand how you can be so good at both games. After such an absence.. Shame on you Barlw clowns who play with each other EVERYDAY.. Zac has true skill. Y'all know what I mean..

Melee last night was freaking fun. Jesi/Silent Jupiter: BEST FALCO IN DALLAS.

Training day Friday for the Houston tournament, I'm calling it.

We'll just have to go to Houston ourselves to make up for their shameful behavior.
Great fun indeed. Good luck in Houston. Play like you know you can and top 3 isn't a problem. I'll be anxious to see how you and Landon do. Counting on y'all to represent!

INdeed and too true. Sorry my energy drained so early. Long day of chiefing and drinking took it's toll. I say we play a little earlier this week and this friday. Jesi i'm sure you have a better idea how to get here now, how far is it?SERIOUS?!?!?! Fook Fargo Magic. Zelda's got more magic in her left ovary. My friend, get at me with my controller. Making me madsad
Next time, putaBox, YOU DIE! I didn't believe in myself. Btw, eff that Samus combo you had on Dreamland.. I've said it before and I'll say it again.. That kind of stuff is what I expect from the one who taught me how to do Super Smash Bros. Melee for the Nintendo Gamecube. :bandit:

zelda has much magic indeed.
I know that you know.

So first of all, a big congrats to everyone who went to HOBO this past Saturday.

I just wanted to post while I had a chance, we are indeed on for Smash fun this Sat., and as of now I will be able to host Smash every other Sat. Here be details, yo.

DATE: Saturday, Sept. 13th, and every other Sat. after that (unless otherwise noted)

TIME: 5PM - Whenever people leave

PLACE: 2717 PRESTON CREEK
MESQUITE, TX 75181
(The house with all the crap out front)

Brawl 1v1 Tournament for sure, Melee/2v2 Brawl on demand
$1 Venue Fee (waived with a setup or food)
$5 Entry Fee

We'll have 3 setups at minimum (2 Brawl, 1 Melee), but we always need more. If everyone brings money for food, we are willing to order dinner. No illegal stuff. Bring your own controllers; we don't have many, unfortunately.

Any questions? PM me or call me at (214) 797-6108.

So, we'd love to see everyone come; lord knows the house could use some action in it. :laugh: How about we get some of that oft heard of FOGO MAGIC for an OP update? ^_^ Plz?

Oh, Fogo, while I'm reminded, I've been having some controller problems; any way you could take a look at it on Sat? I assume you guys will be there. :chuckle:
I have so much respect for you for not neglecting those who love Maylay. I'll get Fogo to take me.

Thanks Jack. Now I have to convince my parents... would it be ok if they e-mailed you or something to just touch base (I'm catholic, they're overprotective. Go figure :( )

WHO ELSE PLAYS SOUL CALIBER IV?
I CHALLENGE THEE!!
I know you play the Maylay. Hope that you're able to go!

Man you spend a day working in the lab and two pages worth of forum posts just pass you on by... :p

Bluezaft: Thanks that's really flattering haha. I must say I bragged to all my KC friends how amazing you are at marth/smash hehe I don't think they believe me yet... but maybe one day you'll show them haha. You really are amazing at predicting/changing it up, I could learn a lot from you!

It was also nice meeting you leapinghare, and Jay, you guys were super nice. :D

pootTheBox: It takes me 20 minutes to get there from my house and I know exactly how to get there now! Thanks so much for your hospitality your house is really cool! :p Well I suppose that's Gigi's house hmm? She is super cool too, her doc is top tier IMO -_- you can tell her I said that ^_^!

I would love to come to a training session this Friday, just tell me what time. I don't get out of class till 5 though and I might need to do an hour or so worth of homework before I come. I need details for houston too cause I'd really like to go ^_^. I can drive if need be. :)

D'oH: darkrain is coming to visit me not this weekend, but the following weekend after that. He will be here from Thursday through Sunday (well he'll be leaving Sunday so he won't be here that much that day). I already told him about smashing over w/ Gigi/James' so we probably will hang out there on Saturday night for a bit. ^_^ Maybe we'll bring drinks too! :D

I really had a GREAT time Saturday night thanks for letting me have so much fun w/ you guyssss!! :D
It's actually Jared. Hehe. You ARE the best Falco in Dallas. Enjoyed your company and great matches. You came from behind and beat me like 17x.. AHH you're too good. Until next time, Jesi.

sweet, it'll be awesome to see you guys again. i don't know if you remember me, but i know we've played in doubles before at MLG chicago (i teamed with capps indigo) and i always end up playing darkrain in regional crews.

oh, and one time, darkrain told me i was good, i just needed to stop sandbagging.

i have yet to heed that advice.
You're not allowed to sandbag in Houston! Exception: Against JF's Falco, hahahaha!

Only if it's the PS3 one, yo.

**** xbox
Happy Birthday! **** PS3! :bigrocket

I would appreciate it if you could pm that to me, singles and doubles. Just an image file right?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SEAN!!!!

Also, can i come play melee on friday? I'll bring poot's new and improved controller if so.
Give me a ride to Jack's please!

fogo u up for som melee/brawl at my house today?when I get out of school that is I only have 1 class and I get out by 12 20 so I'll be home around 3
I'd be willing to join if you allow it of course!

Best Ike alive, Best Roy in Dallas. Give it up for ya boy.
You never cease to amuse me. You're aware of Wobbles' Roy, bluezaft's Roy, Bwett's Roy but you ARE NOT aware of Eric's Roy.. Muahahaha! (I'm sure I missed a couple other Roy's but oh well) :roymelee:

Happy belated Birthdays to bluezaft, Fogo, & Bwett!

Bwett

Smash Ace
Jack, infinity's b-day party is on your first biweekly so g-krew will not be in attendance. However, next time, we will see you there!

Fogo, update the main page. Take off DMRD and put on Jack Keiser Biweekly. Also, go ahead and remove the bwogo biweekly. They won't be happening atleast until next summer. We might do that huge thing we were talking about on the road trip.

Maybe tack on what tournaments OOC we plan on attending and include who is driving, who should be going, and how many spots in cars we have. It would make everything alot easier for planning purposes.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I don't think I'll ever understand how you can be so good at both games. After such an absence.. Shame on you Barlw clowns who play with each other EVERYDAY.. Zac has true skill. Y'all know what I mean..
Hahaha trudat! You know I really want to play brawl melee with you guys. It's been so long. Hopefully we can get it in before this weekend, as that might convince me to go to the Houston tourney.

Btw, I love teams!

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
Maybe tack on what tournaments OOC we plan on attending and include who is driving, who should be going, and how many spots in cars we have. It would make everything alot easier for planning purposes.
I concur. Trying to keep up w/ these things is a royal pain Since I last checked, there are like 3 new tournaments, and they're coming up fast! :ohwell:

bluezaft

The True Zaft
"the ____ was only ever a ____"

What am I quoting here? I can't remember. The 2 ____s are the same word. I can't even remember if it's from a book or movie. Someone help me out!

K.G.

Smash Apprentice
I had me a chuckle! :chuckle:

Didn't take the time to read your book^ (yet) but I miss yuh dude!

Boo Barlw! Honestly though, good job reppin' home guys.

Great fun indeed. Good luck in Houston. Play like you know you can and top 3 isn't a problem. I'll be anxious to see how you and Landon do. Counting on y'all to represent!

Next time, putaBox, YOU DIE! I didn't believe in myself. Btw, eff that Samus combo you had on Dreamland.. I've said it before and I'll say it again.. That kind of stuff is what I expect from the one who taught me how to do Super Smash Bros. Melee for the Nintendo Gamecube. :bandit:

I know that you know.

I have so much respect for you for not neglecting those who love Maylay. I'll get Fogo to take me.

I know you play the Maylay. Hope that you're able to go!

It's actually Jared. Hehe. You ARE the best Falco in Dallas. Enjoyed your company and great matches. You came from behind and beat me like 17x.. AHH you're too good. Until next time, Jesi.

You're not allowed to sandbag in Houston! Exception: Against JF's Falco, hahahaha!

Happy Birthday! **** PS3! :bigrocket

Give me a ride to Jack's please!

I'd be willing to join if you allow it of course!

You never cease to amuse me. You're aware of Wobbles' Roy, bluezaft's Roy, Bwett's Roy but you ARE NOT aware of Eric's Roy.. Muahahaha! (I'm sure I missed a couple other Roy's but oh well) :roymelee:

Happy belated Birthdays to bluezaft, Fogo, & Bwett!

too late now my bad but ima be home the same time tommorow if u want to get som melee in pm me yo # so i can call u when I get home.

DEV64

Smash Apprentice
What day is phazes bi-weekly on?
DATE: Saturday, Sept. 13th, and every other Sat. after that (unless otherwise noted)

TIME: 5PM - Whenever people leave

PLACE: 2717 PRESTON CREEK
MESQUITE, TX 75181
(The house with all the crap out front)

Brawl 1v1 Tournament for sure, Melee/2v2 Brawl on demand
$1 Venue Fee (waived with a setup or food)
$5 Entry Fee

We'll have 3 setups at minimum (2 Brawl, 1 Melee), but we always need more. If everyone brings money for food, we are willing to order dinner. No illegal stuff. Bring your own controllers; we don't have many, unfortunately.

Any questions? PM me or call me at (214) 797-6108.

thats just about everything u need to know:)(and my house is open to friendly's 24/7 for the most part:))

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
Hey phaze, you mind if I crashed at your place on the day of the tourney if necessary? My ride really doesn't feel like spending 2 hours on the road to and from your place, then again to pick me up.

**** mesquite for being so far out. :dizzy:

ICE27

Smash Apprentice
NNID
michael0275
hey guys can we agree on something road trip rise i mean cause im pretty sure my work being as easy as it is to get off i can make all rides outta town is there someway i can reserve a permanet spot in ppls car pools so i dont end up getting left out or if i forget to mention something or if I miss a post about asking about car pools?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom