• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

pootTheBox

Smash Ace
Gonna miss another brawl session plus it looks like my Brawl disc is MIA for good. The sadness

Until I find a replacement someone tell me the best Kirby and Yoshi? I really hate going through 6 minute brawl matches, so some focus would be appreciated.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Just so everyone understands that when me or damien are driving a seat is already reserved for one another so let say I'm driving the car. Damien already got a seat in my car and the same applies to me, if he drives I got a seat reserved for his car so we only have 3 open slots.

N.O.T.A.-SrsC@

Smash Apprentice
so i was just on gamespot.com and i was looking at some games i might be competitive with. I was just wondering if yall are gonna branch out into the competitive gaming community, besides smash. Some games i am considering;

street fighter 4
tekken 6
starcraft 2
madden 09
Diablo 3 (does this count?)
Maybe
No
Absolutely
Never
Um, probably not. I'll play it, but not competively.

I still think he's a cool guy even with the hater comment. Thing is, he had his ***** with him and obviously couldn't hold my swagger. Simple and plain ol' hateraid.
I don't think that boy could hold anyone's swagger. If you had ever met this guy when something's not going entirely to his plan then you'd know that he can be a complete *****.

Edit - Hey Zac, I want to team with you again for the 2v2 tournament that Lee Harris is throwing. You up for it?
Aw, this post makes me sad. However, if the team works, I figure it's good.

When is Hobo 11 anyway, I thought we just got done with 10?

K.G.

Smash Apprentice
so i was just on gamespot.com and i was looking at some games i might be competitive with. I was just wondering if yall are gonna branch out into the competitive gaming community, besides smash. Some games i am considering;

street fighter 4
tekken 6
starcraft 2
madden 09
Diablo 3 (does this count?)
street fight 4 is a definite yes
tekken 6 mabey considering the fact that I dnt own a ps3
does anybody know if there is a community fo street fighter similar to somthing like smashboards?

chronoize

Smash Journeyman
best yoshi = bwett

best kirby (around here) is KKK, damien or shuz, nobody else really plays him.
seriously? man, i'm tempted to main kirby and have wolf as a secondary. I kinda don't wanna give up on wolf though. Wolf game seems kinda limited.

street fight 4 is a definite yes
tekken 6 mabey considering the fact that I dnt own a ps3
does anybody know if there is a community fo street fighter similar to somthing like smashboards?
http://forums.shoryuken.com/

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
Best in the world that has videos. Learn from the best of the best.
Chudat and TwilightKirby have good kirby videos on youtube.

Standard stuff to know is the 0-51% (heavy weight, some middle weight) combo. It goes like f.throw > u.air > land > f.throw > u.air > f.smash.
Lighterweight throw combo: f.throw > u.air > reversal u.tilt > b.air > ff+land > u.throw

d.air into dash grab works pretty well.
b.air as a WoP
neutral b off ledge and spit opponents under the stage is a gimmick tactic.
his hammer should be used as a recovery option (sends him horizontal)
f.smash beats tornado...and I think that's all you need to know about kirby.

That's all I know about kirby. Fwiw, I quit kirby and g&w.

edit: Avoid snake and marth as much as possible when playing as Kirby.

N.O.T.A.-SrsC@

Smash Apprentice
Of course you are invited Bwett and sagat and rufus are the broken character in sf4.
Sagat et Chun-Li FTW.

Chudat and TwilightKirby have good kirby videos on youtube.

Standard stuff to know is the 0-51% (heavy weight, some middle weight) combo. It goes like f.throw > u.air > land > f.throw > u.air > f.smash.
Lighterweight throw combo: f.throw > u.air > reversal u.tilt > b.air > ff+land > u.throw

d.air into dash grab works pretty well.
b.air as a WoP
neutral b off ledge and spit opponents under the stage is a gimmick tactic.
his hammer should be used as a recovery option (sends him horizontal)
f.smash beats tornado...and I think that's all you need to know about kirby.

That's all I know about kirby. Fwiw, I quit kirby and g&w.
Amagad, so many directions...

Oh, and In during P100

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Post corrected.
Wow.

I'm not much interested in best in dallas. Best in the world that has videos. Learn from the best of the best.

And i'm sure i'd **** j-rocc. without even playing brawl in over a month. easy
Bwett still = best yoshi lol just watch his vids, theres nobody as good as him out there.

and listen to damien, he knows what he's talking about.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Hey DPhat or anyone else that might have seen it, did I leave my mouse pad at your place? It has turtles all over it, mostly green. I can't seem to find it.

Yeah that's right, turtles. If shuckle was a brawl char I would main him =)

Oracle

Smash Master
Hey DPhat or anyone else that might have seen it, did I leave my mouse pad at your place? It has turtles all over it, mostly green. I can't seem to find it.

Yeah that's right, turtles. If shuckle was a brawl char I would main him =)
I love shuckle. He is the best pokemon. Ever.

ICE27

Smash Apprentice
NNID
michael0275
Yeah need to make sure i have a seat for each one of those events fogo can u update the car pool setting im sure all of g crew is going we need to make sure we all have a seat first also D- crew needs to claim seats first over everyone esle since were trying to keep up with these events

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
Of course you are invited Bwett and sagat and rufus are the broken character in sf4.
sagat starts getting kinda bad once you start ex'ing through his fireballs, also, late in the game a fireballs a free ultra, he's overrated

and rufus is good, but if you have a move that gets you out of the corner (teleports and rolls) he can't do much. all rufus players wanna do is get you in the corner and do his tornado thing, maybe the spinning backfist.

the best characters will probably wind up being guile, blanka, bison, and abel, with balrog vega and gief close behind

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Off the topic, are you guys who might be interested in carpooling up to Norman, OK for this little tournament of mine? =) I've upped the spoils considerably since I initially put up the invitation late last night, and slowly but surely the registrants are falling in line. Billy and Eric - take a look at the thread and see if you guys might be interested in getting the rest of your crew to come up for this one. I've specifically planned and am currently organizing it around the participation of Texas players, so not only is everyone here invited, by your presence would be greatly appreciated. =)

Anyway, talk it over and let me know. I'll see you guys on Friday.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Dude, Hanson, you should probably post prize support for that tournament man :p

I'll try and make it to that if I can.
Do you mean like payout amount? I have an entire section detailing exactly which fees are going where so that people don't think I'm just pocketing their money or anything. =) At the moment I can only guarantee $200 for first place, but I want to eventually edit the thread so that the payouts are higher and I want to include payouts for Top 5 finishes as well. It seems tentative right now, but the prize cash for first won't be less than $200, guaranteed. Everyone coooooooome!

Anyway, Happy Belated Birthday to you, Sean! Looks like you're officially the oldest Brawler I know other than myself. =) Hopefully I can catch up with you on Friday and get in some rematches. =)

Bwett

Smash Ace
Off the topic, are you guys who might be interested in carpooling up to Norman, OK for this little tournament of mine? =) I've upped the spoils considerably since I initially put up the invitation late last night, and slowly but surely the registrants are falling in line. Billy and Eric - take a look at the thread and see if you guys might be interested in getting the rest of your crew to come up for this one. I've specifically planned and am currently organizing it around the participation of Texas players, so not only is everyone here invited, by your presence would be greatly appreciated. =)

Anyway, talk it over and let me know. I'll see you guys on Friday.
I don't really have to even look at the tournament details since it's in November. I'm definitely going, if not just to chill with you and eric again. Great times. The only snag might be details with thanksgiving and my family. I might have to go down to my hometown, but if there are no snags, you can expect me and probably a few of g-krew.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
I don't really have to even look at the tournament details since it's in November. I'm definitely going, if not just to chill with you and eric again. Great times. The only snag might be details with thanksgiving and my family. I might have to go down to my hometown, but if there are no snags, you can expect me and probably a few of g-krew.
D00000d, I can't even believe I let you guys keep me up that late. =) Of course, I wouldn't have preferred to hang out with two insanely chill and copacetic guys who might as well be strangers to me with the amount of time I've know them. Aside from free housing, I will also be providing alcoholic substances that we will be free to abuse pre- and post-tournament. =) I'm here to take care of my beautiful babies!

Anyway, I'm just going to go ahead and add yours and Fogo's name to the list of TX participants to add some more much needed prestige to my thread. =) Sean, lemme know when I can ride the coattails off of the fear that the name Infinity strikes in people's hearts, as well.

<3 Dallas 4-EVA

K.G.

Smash Apprentice
sagat starts getting kinda bad once you start ex'ing through his fireballs, also, late in the game a fireballs a free ultra, he's overrated

and rufus is good, but if you have a move that gets you out of the corner (teleports and rolls) he can't do much. all rufus players wanna do is get you in the corner and do his tornado thing, maybe the spinning backfist.

the best characters will probably wind up being guile, blanka, bison, and abel, with balrog vega and gief close behind
u forgetting about ken and akuma and el furete all of them are beastly.

Stiltzskin

Smash Apprentice
Dallas! If I can go to OK's tourney, will you guys give me a ride with you all if I can make my way to Dallas? It would be much appreciated. I'm looking at you, Fogo my boy.

Btw dude, you give amazing hugs. Seriously. When I hugged you, I felt so safe. So secure. If I could, I would live inside your arms for the rest of my life.....

But alas, I would get in the way of your smash playing.

A man can dream.

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
u forgetting about ken and akuma and el furete all of them are beastly.
k.g, the magnificent...heh heh...hahaha

Le Thien: Go head and mark me up for upcomin participant. I don't see any glaring reason not to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom