• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
DMG = best commentator ever
i wont be playing for awhile cuz i scraped up my hands real bad on some cement and im grounded anyway :p
also dont see the dragon ball movie not even for laughs (even tho it was funny) they ****ed up dragon ball -_-"

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Watching the live stream this weekend made me want to start playing Smash again. Then I actually did and went back to guilty gear, lol. Seriously nice work by everyone at Whobo though, looked like a fun tourney.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
I placed 33rd. Would've been 25th but affinity took me to luigi's mansion (banned) and 3 stocked me there. I beat him first match, and 3rd match went to last stock. He was 81% when he killed me with a gimp. 2 hrs later I find out luigi's mansion is banned. I was mad. Oh well. Btw I went fox all the way.

Next match I played the loser of Affinity and Infinity. I knew I couldn't beat Infinity so when I heard affinity lost I was happy. I already talked about how that went up above. I'm still mad about that. Beating him 1st match shocked him. When he told me his cp was luigi's I was like, isn't that banned? Then hes like no... Melee1 asked "Are you sure, did you ask Xyro?" and he was like "yea its not banned" 2 freakin hours later I found out it is banned.
Like Inferno said, I had no idea Luigi's was banned. Luigi's was originally a legal CP. Someone banned it against Domo and I in teams, and I banned it against Infinity without knowing or anyone saying it was already banned.

You would've placed 25th? No offense or anything dude, but I really don't think I would've lost to you in the set even if I didn't go to LMs 2nd game. I made the mistake of not taking you seriously first game by trying to do stupid stuff like Drill Rush edgeguarding, which cost me 2 of my stocks. By the 2nd and 3rd game I knew how to beat you, I just made some stupid mistakes that made the 3rd game pretty close at the end. I play against Zeton all the time; I know the Fox-MK match-up well.

I'm sorry if I'm coming off kinda mean. You're a cool kid and a really talented smasher, but I really don't like it when people go around making claims like that.

I was so mad, but Xyro couldn't do anything about it cuz Affinity already got wrecked by Waco.
Who is Waco? I never played anyone by that name.

I lost bracket sets to Infinity and DMG; I didn't get "wrecked" in either.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Yup, Waco doesn't exist. For all we know it's part of Dallas as well, just like FtWorth.
If San Angelo were 3hrs closer we'd adopt them into Dallas too. Dallas is just that amazing!

<3 Dallas

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You would've placed 25th? No offense or anything dude, but I really don't think I would've lost to you in the set even if I didn't go to LMs 2nd game. I made the mistake of not taking you seriously first game by trying to do stupid stuff like Drill Rush edgeguarding, which cost me 2 of my stocks. By the 2nd and 3rd game I knew how to beat you, I just made some stupid mistakes that made the 3rd game pretty close at the end. I play against Zeton all the time; I know the Fox-MK match-up well.

I'm sorry if I'm coming off kinda mean. You're a cool kid and a really talented smasher, but I really don't like it when people go around making claims like that.
No matter how many times I hear this kinda thing, it irks me.

-Deliberate or not, telling someone that you didn't take them seriously is just disrespectful.

Sometimes I won't be at the top of my game, or something will feel a little off on certain days, but regardless of that, I still try as hard as possible to win a match against another person. I do it out of a mutual respect for the other player, and in the hope that me playing my best against them will have them do the same thing for me, because I absolutely love playing others when they really put in 110% effort.

Oh, and it's funny how you say you don't like it when others make claims based off of assumption, then do it yourself in the exact same post. You can't assume that you would've won, no matter what.

I don't want to sound like some nit-picky jerk or anything of the sort, but I just can't stand things like that.

Bwett

Smash Ace
Mistakes are mistakes either way. Whether or not you intended to do something doesn't change the fact that it is part of your gameplay. It's the same as spacing an aerial incorrectly or expecting something to hit that doesn't. The match was close because he punished you properly for whatever mistakes you made. It is your own fault for making said mistakes so don't john about why it was close.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Dude, Gnes looks so much like Dave Chapelle...

YO
COUCH

-Deliberate or not, telling someone that you didn't take them seriously is just disrespectful.

Sometimes I won't be at the top of my game, or something will feel a little off on certain days, but regardless of that, I still try as hard as possible to win a match against another person. I do it out of a mutual respect for the other player, and in the hope that me playing my best against them will have them do the same thing for me, because I absolutely love playing others when they really put in 110% effort.

Oh, and it's funny how you say you don't like it when others make claims based off of assumption, then do it yourself in the exact same post. You can't assume that you would've won, no matter what.

I don't want to sound like some nit-picky jerk or anything of the sort, but I just can't stand things like that.
QFT, I <3 Espy.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412

No, you're absolutely right. Looking back at my post I see exactly what you mean. I didn't intend for it to come off that way, but it definitely does.

Rudy, I apologize for my earlier post. Our set was definitely really close and it could've gone either way. As I said earlier, you're a cool kid and a good smasher. You played very well in our set.

I hope there's no beef between me and you, along with the rest of Texas. All you guys are awesome and I'd hate it if we couldn't be cool after this.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Steven's a good guy, along with the rest of Kansas. I can vouch that he's not trying to be a jerk.

I love Texas with all of my heart. No one brings the mother****ing party like we do.

BEST REGION IN THE REGION

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
truethatbrothapoundit! *holds out fist*

@PX: as I recall Ganon got wrecked by Ike except that one lucky Ganon punch! Johns (I suck at spot-dodging/timing)
Whatever dude, the only round you won was when I daired your superarmor, lol. After a while I switched to puff who you pwnt :(

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
yup jiggly doesn't stand a chance against me... can't gimp me or get back on stage after attempting to lol you just get spiked lol...

P.S. just found out about A-Kon! Definitely going to that!

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
No, you're absolutely right. Looking back at my post I see exactly what you mean. I didn't intend for it to come off that way, but it definitely does.

Rudy, I apologize for my earlier post. Our set was definitely really close and it could've gone either way. As I said earlier, you're a cool kid and a good smasher. You played very well in our set.

I hope there's no beef between me and you, along with the rest of Texas. All you guys are awesome and I'd hate it if we couldn't be cool after this.
Its cool man, I'm sorry I guess I just got a little peeved off, and I was a little elated after wrecking Inui in a MM. I don't expect to beat you in the future with fox :p. You really seemed like a really cool guy so I didn't think you'd purposely try to deceive me or anything. Xyro seemed to think you were, but I'm not sure if he fully understood the situation. Xyros a really cool guy so I don't blame him or anything. He had a lot to deal with and little time, theres no way he can be that god of a TO and not make a couple mistakes.

Anyway yeah I'm prolly going to Akon, anyone else coming? Oh and PBT this weekend is gonna be great. GET HYPED!

Unrelated but related video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bypn9mTMgW0&feature=related

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Steve-o is the ****, he just came across harsh is all.

<3 Kansas
Steven's a good guy, along with the rest of Kansas. I can vouch that he's not trying to be a jerk.

I love Texas with all of my heart. No one brings the mother****ing party like we do.

BEST REGION IN THE REGION

It's all good. It was a simple mistake in the wording.
We all still <3 you, so don't worry about it.

mydadsacop123

Smash Apprentice
wow katies still around??? i thought we finally scared her awf.
and i think im gonna hafta go to hobo magitek i wanna finally go outta town and see what im made of
Also just got to chapter 7 in mother 3 its pretty great
I LOVE COMBOING
also WTF IS JACK KEISER STILL AROUND???

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I've been wanting more info on Akon too. There needs to be brawl. And a rave. Matsuri con's rave sucked. It was still fun though.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
If you become a chick... ;)

I have a really hilarious story that involves an anime chick (not me) and a friend of mine at akon. :D

With this said, you better watch who you hook up with because there are some -pretty- kinky crazy ones out there... And not in the good kinky crazy way, the bad kinky crazy way.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
If you become a chick... ;)

I have a really hilarious story that involves an anime chick (not me) and a friend of mine at akon. :D

With this said, you better watch who you hook up with because there are some -pretty- kinky crazy ones out there... And not in the good kinky crazy way, the bad kinky crazy way.
There's no such thing.

Also, it's hilarious how you can just go up to two random anime chicks, ask them to make out, and probably succeed in your venture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom