• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
It kinda depends on what's going on down there on Sunday. If all the smash related things are done on Saturday, I can see stopping by Beaumont on Sunday, but I'd have to talk to the people in the car.

mydadsacop123

Smash Apprentice
Yo angel I'm not sure if I can go Friday cuz families coming and I need to see them at least once but I was thinkin of bringing sum friends Saturday where will u doods be staying?
wait so how long r u guyz gonna b there on Saturday???
also if ice doesn't go and nobody else goes Id like ta bring 2 friends but 1st I gotta c if I can get outta family junk

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
Damien, you're kicking me in the leg with all this smashfesting in Dallas you speak of. I don't need reasons to not go OOC for my practically first OOC. Seriously its driving me crazy.
Your right Ruddy. I shouldn't have stated my own personal reasons to go OOC unknowingly affecting you. Please forgive me, I honestly did not know. I really wanna see more of your Fox and you can't play well if your going crazy. If anything, I wanted the Dallas thread to be a bit more organized. Ya know, for those not going to onicon or the beaumont fest.

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
What? I was just talking about all the fun stuff going on in Dallas this weekend. I thought this weekend was going to be like one of those dead weekends where everyone is out of town so I was just remarking in a facetious manner about all the fun I was missing out on by going to Beaumont. I'm sorry if I sounded derogatory or offensive.

I'm still confused though, you are going OOC or not? I assumed you weren't when you were talking about going to a smashfest in Dallas on saturday.

Edit:

Ok now I think I'm starting to understand things going on down south a bit better, Onicon saturday, Beaumont Sunday. I was thinking Beaumont was all weekend (I had no idea what the heck an Onicon was).

So Fogo and Ice are you guys ok with leaving friday afternoon (If I really need to we can be on the road by 4:20 pm), and then coming back like either late sunday or sometime on monday?

Khaoz

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I really need confirmations in my car for Onicon in houston, leaving Friday morning coming back Sunday afternoon.

AngeL's car:
1. Angel (confirmed)
2. Melee1 (confirmed)
3. Ice? (unconfirmed)
4. Awestin? (unconfirmed, Melee1 mentioned you two might be coming)
5. Open

So, that's three spots, but Austin and Michael have first dibs on them if they're going.
*Wants to put Khaoz in "open" spot. :( *

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
AngeL are you going back to denton after houston?
if you are, i'd like to take a spot back to dallas, i have to pick up my dads car from Stash's house.

edit: a Fogantizord would be the most beautiful and most hideous thing i've ever seen

ironically, so would a Megazord combining D3 and TL

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
So Fogo and Ice are you guys ok with leaving friday afternoon (If I really need to we can be on the road by 4:20 pm), and then coming back like either late sunday or sometime on monday?

Idk dude, are you trying to go to onicon too? because beaumont starts on sunday, and i wanna come back on monday hopefully so we can be well rested

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Lol... This works but what they don't tell you is that you can't SDI it into the stage if they initiate the spike far enough away from the stage. In the vid he does the spike pretty close to the stage, and it would be a ton harder to tech it if he spiked him a bit further out.

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
bump

readded: I'll start listing players for this friday smashfest: D4ba, 4saken.

Options of housing the fest fri :

# of players allowed @ bwetts: phoenix alpha, bwett, infinity, d4ba, XXX and XXX. 6 max. We would like one more setup. For now we have 2.
just decied to bump this cause i still dont know of a place friday we could play, and i want to start playing ASAP:)

mine as well add me and awestin:)

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Idk dude, are you trying to go to onicon too? because beaumont starts on sunday, and i wanna come back on monday hopefully so we can be well rested
Yea definately (am wanting to go to Onicon). Coming back monday sounds great. Are you ok with going to Onicon?

So I guess we could either leave friday at 4:30ish and get to Houston around 9:00. Then go to Onicon and then Beaumont fest, and then on monday drive back.

Or leave real early Saturday and try to make it to Onicon. Then same schedule for Beaumont and then leave on monday.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
hey damien...im not going to waco or beaumont so im wondering what things have u planned for this weekend...smashfest or what? because im only going to be here on friday and saturday...i have regional convention sunday til wednesday....well w/e u have going on i might b able to go and i hope i can =]

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
^^^^^^^^^
:chuckle:thats too good
you should also absorb his power, and SH triple laser. see how he likes that.

my strategy for combating metaknights is similar, i pick DK and start spamming the spinning kong. unfortunately, it doesnt have the tornado fury that metaknight is notorious for, so i die.:embarrass

mydadsacop123

Smash Apprentice
bummer... I wont be able to do anything this weekend... Lotsa families coming in for the weekend and i promised mummy id be involved... Oh well...
BUT I have good news. RE5 IS AMAZING!!! DOWNLOAD THE JAPANESE DEMO VIA TORRENT, BURN IT TO A CD AND COOP THAT **** WITH A BUDDY

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
If anyone is bored and gets this before midnight Thurs I'll be having a tiny smashfest at my place. I have two TVs and two Wiis. I just want some practice. Gimme a call if interested: 361.676.2223

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
Where will the smash fest on Friday be located? I want to get in some practice before the weekend starts since I'm busy after the 19th until the 21st. Afterward however, I'm pretty much free for two weeks, so whenever you guys feel like hosting anything, I'll come and play with you guys.

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Ok I have like 3 spots open in my car for Onicon and Beaumont, does anyone want to go/need a ride?

Blech if its just me riding down for 5 hrs alone then screw Onicon. Fogo you still need a ride to Beaumont?

Oh and wheres all this stuff going on in Dallas located?

Sudai

Stuff here
Beaumont Fest changed to Saturday instead of Sunday. Just spreading the word.

9:23:56 PM) Esca: Dude contact your people, the fest got changed to saturday, due to time infringements
(9:24:10 PM) Sudai: I'm working on it already
(9:24:28 PM) Esca: okay, im trying to get ahold of everyone

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
You gotta be freakin kidding me. Well I guess thats good and bad. Good because the situation is better, bad because I didn't know about it sooner.

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Oh well, I'll try my best to make it. I might just end up staying in Dallas though sorry. I'll find out whats happening tomorrow.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
You should stay in town and throw something here :p

I would go to something this weekend, but honestly I've been on the go forever and I'm looking for a quiet weekend in. If something happens in DFW then I'll prolly head out to it, but I don't think I'm gonna go out of town this weekend.

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
If I did I don't know if enough people would show up. If enough people want me to sure though I'll host.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
WHY YOU SHOULD COME TO Final Smash 5:

-The best of the best will be there. Every Final Smash has drawn the best players the southwest has to offer. This will be no exception.
-Make a name for yourself. With all that skill gathered, if you make the top 5, you will get recognition.
-GAS IS CHEAP AGAIN. No johns.
-FREE ENERGY DRINKS. No seriously they're free with your entry.
-It's a MAJOR MELEE TOURNAMENT TOO.This should be reason enough to come, especially in this day in age.
-Infinity vs See.Why (CY) EPIC MM! Watch as one of the best Metaknight players in Texas takes on a trashtalker who claims Infinity is nothing without Meta.

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
WHY YOU SHOULD COME TO Final Smash 5:

-The best of the best will be there. Every Final Smash has drawn the best players the southwest has to offer. This will be no exception.
-Make a name for yourself. With all that skill gathered, if you make the top 5, you will get recognition.
-GAS IS CHEAP AGAIN. No johns.
-FREE ENERGY DRINKS. No seriously they're free with your entry.
-It's a MAJOR MELEE TOURNAMENT TOO.This should be reason enough to come, especially in this day in age.
-Infinity vs See.Why (CY) EPIC MM! Watch as one of the best Metaknight players in Texas takes on a trashtalker who claims Infinity is nothing without Meta.
i'm already on the attendee list and i didnt even realize it
XD

hopefully we'll get a better play area than the last Gamelot tourney i went to though right?

last time they put everyone in the back area of the store along with the SC4 tourney people. you could barely move around the **** place.

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
So is there anything happening tonight? If anyone wants just come over to my house to brawl and have food.

Ok since no one is riding with me I think I'll just stay in Dallas cuz 5 hr car ride by myself is terrible. Does anyone wanna come? Like where is everyone, dallas thread has been sooo slow the past 2 days?

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Actually SC4 won't be at Final Smash 5, but I can always see if someone is willing to bring a set up for friendlies.

The previous Gamelot monthlies did have SC4, but now there are plans to keep Smash on one day and other fighting games on other days.

And YES! There will be more space. In fact, the store is back to the way it was at Final Smash 3 in April.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom