• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
Ok I can go to Beaumont. Where in Beaumont, from when to when, and who all is going to be there? I'm staying with my dad until after christmas and he ok'ed going to Beaumont. I'm either going to go to Beaumont or hold a smashfest here. So far I know nothing about Beaumont so please fill me in. Is this going to be as big as Hobo? Bigger? Seems like a lotta people are going. Also is anyone planning on going to the waco fest on sunday?

What I might do is go to Beaumont for whatever is there, then leave 7:00 A.M. sunday to go hang out with DMG and Shiken.

Also, I have 2-3 spots open for a ride if I'm going (I'm already getting worked up about it so thats almost a guaranteed yes). My prices will be reasonable, and you'll be riding first class in a jaguar. I'm going to try to borrow a small tv from a friend and hook it up for brawl in the car like what I did last time however if I do that then I'll only have 2 spots open and only the people in the back can brawl. I'll have my laptop too, and have that connected to the power cable and wifi so there'll be that for entertainment for the person in the front.

So thats about it. Dang I'm really mad I missed the last PBT. I got home around 3 A.M. on saturday and then one of my neighbor friends came over at 5 am. Right after he came over I went to bed. I got woken up 3 hrs later by his yelling parents who were super mad he snuck out. I was like whatever I'm tired and just gave them generic replies until they left, so then I just went back to sleep. Well, I was awakened yet again at 11:00 by my yelling mom about how I was sneaking around at 12:00 friday night with my neighbor friend. (wth I was at dphats til 3, I hate my friend's freakin parents). After about half an hour of explaining I finally got off the hook, but my mom was still peeved about the whole situation and about me staying over til 3. So needless to say, I wasn't allowed to go.
From what I understand, Beaumont is just going to be a very large smashfest. Personally, I think gas to and from, plus the attendance rate isn't worth it. If you decide to just go to Waco instead, I most likely will be able to ride with you assuming your Dad is cool with it and you stay in Dallas.

Edit:

Razer
Sudai
RT
Kown
Ozz
Jerm
BlueJ
Gnes
Lee (NOT Harris)
R0ni
Esca
Take
Popertop
CY
KEEEEEEEEEEF

CY

Smash Ace
From what I understand, Beaumont is just going to be a very large smashfest. Personally, I think gas to and from, plus the attendance rate isn't worth it. If you decide to just go to Waco instead, I most likely will be able to ride with you assuming your Dad is cool with it and you stay in Dallas.

Edit:

Razer
Sudai
RT
Kown
Ozz
Jerm
BlueJ
Gnes
Lee (NOT Harris)
R0ni
Esca
Take
Popertop
CY
KEEEEEEEEEEF
that list is not right, it is almost a week old. we now have some new people coming, including BEAR! and other random houston people. best of LA is also coming, so that is worth a trip imo.

possible a mini tourney, draft crews WILL happen, city crews and many matches will get recorded.

edit fogo edited the OP asking who wants to go to beaumont, so i guess some of dallas is coming too. :D

Sudai

Stuff here
Foursaken is my hero..even though that epic KO was on me. XD

I've decided to learn how to mash like Zac so I can hopefully avoid that next time. XD

Also, my 6 Up-B's on to the ledge were a joke for the guys that were still at DSkinny's when this happened. They understand it. ;P

pootTheBox

Smash Ace
I'm there guaranteed. D.B.R. has outdone themselves. Competition Booth, Friendlies Day, V.I.P Lounge, ridiculous! Can't decide between epic road trip or cheap (hopefully) flight.

Gonna have to learn brawl and turn pro in melee by then. Who is good at Brawl and close to Plano/Garland border?

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
ok so since nobody is gonna be here this week ill just go to d-phats(assuming hes having it)next week so i can play EVERYBODY in 1 tourny since i only have 1 time to do so plus me and ice still need to have are MM >_>
i dont know wat im thinking next week is Xmas dur:p so then the next tourny would be the week after that so every1 will be here so i can play everybody in 1 touny :D correct??

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
I'll be at bwett's place thursday afternoon it seems. Let's go ahead and get a list of players and come up with someplace to play this friday and/or saturday.

I'll start listing players for this friday/saturday: D4ba, 4saken.

Options of housing the fest fri/sat :

# of players allowed @ bwetts: phoenix alpha, bwett, infinity, d4ba, XXX and XXX. 6 max. We would like one more setup. For now we have 2.

Bwett

Smash Ace
I'll be at bwett's place thursday afternoon it seems. Let's go ahead and get a list of players and come up with someplace to play this friday and/or saturday.

I'll start: D4ba, 4saken.
I don't exactly have alot of room for a smashfest for thursday. I was hoping someone else could host it. If needed, we can use my place, but it will probably be confined to my room, which is small to say the least lol.

Duffman0615

Smash Rookie
i'll join a smashfest around here if there will be one hosted, I won't be going out of town until next week.

Santi

Smash Lord
Fogo can we please change the thread title to "Dallas and San Angelo merge to make an amazing MegaZord"?

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
I'm down for either a smash fest or going to Waco. Either or sounds fine to me, just sign me up for whatever relative slot that applies. I'm going out to eat with some friends Saturday night, so if we're having a smash fest, how about Friday?

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
I'm down for either a smash fest or going to Waco.
bump

readded: I'll start listing players for this friday smashfest: D4ba, 4saken.

Options of housing the fest fri :

# of players allowed @ bwetts: phoenix alpha, bwett, infinity, d4ba, XXX and XXX. 6 max. We would like one more setup. For now we have 2.

I'd like to say that the Dallas thread needs some type of Umph! The front page suggests "who is going to beaumont? and Who's driving?". However, there are zero posts in the thread discussing who is actually going or driving. I think we need to see more organization from the leaders in our community than what we have right now. That's right, I'm suggesting that we play a larger role among the panelists and have some adjustments to the organization of this thread. I think Fogo should create topics in which we should discuss as a community instead of making these joke topics. Quite frankly, we are ALWAYS late on making adjustments to car seatings to tournaments and organization as a whole.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
I suggest we plant tracking devices in everyone so we can keep tabs on who's traveling where and with whom.

Santi

Smash Lord
sjvbdskbvdsjbhjbvhbvbhvd;dbvh
=)

*pees in pantalones*

*Enters MEGAZORD!!!!!!*

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the info. I was looking for that in tournament listings and in SW region threads. I'm not interested in attending a tournament with a handful of players. I'd much rather play a handful of players in the Dallas area. Especially if nobody from Beaumont or Houston attends these Waco tournaments. There is no reason to host them if they cannot even get nearby cities to go to them.

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Ok this is what my ride is looking like so far (I think, still haven't confirmed it yet).

Ruddy's dad
Ruddy
Fogo
Ice
80% chance Snap/20% chance one of my friends.

I don't know when who wants to leave and when who wants to come back. I'm pretty flexible though and can go with just about anything. I can leave and be on the road to Beaumont by 5:00 pm friday, and I can stay til like monday afternoon.

Damien, you're kicking me in the leg with all this smashfesting in Dallas you speak of. I don't need reasons to not go OOC for my practically first OOC. Seriously its driving me crazy.

Sudai

Stuff here
Rudy, talk to Esca about when you want to show up. His family is expecting people to show up on Sunday atm. Louisiana wants to show up Saturday night but he said he has to ask his mom before he can give us a response and they're out XMas shopping atm.

Duffman0615

Smash Rookie
so what is all going on for friday? smashfests and people going to waco/beaumont fest? who is attending what?

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
bump

readded: I'll start listing players for this friday smashfest: D4ba, 4saken.

Options of housing the fest fri :

I'd like to say that the Dallas thread needs some type of Umph! The front page suggests "who is going to beaumont? and Who's driving?". However, there are zero posts in the thread discussing who is actually going or driving. I think we need to see more organization from the leaders in our community than what we have right now. That's right, I'm suggesting that we play a larger role among the panelists and have some adjustments to the organization of this thread. I think Fogo should create topics in which we should discuss as a community instead of making these joke topics. Quite frankly, we are ALWAYS late on making adjustments to car seatings to tournaments and organization as a whole.
ill ask awestin if he wants to come if so me and him will come to fill those spots:)

EDIT: when is bewtt's???

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Okay, I really need confirmations in my car for Onicon in houston, leaving Friday morning coming back Sunday afternoon.

AngeL's car:
1. Angel (confirmed)
2. Melee1 (confirmed)
3. Ice? (unconfirmed)
4. Awestin? (unconfirmed, Melee1 mentioned you two might be coming)
5. HonKY, only on the way back

So, that's three spots, but Austin and Michael have first dibs on them if they're going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom