• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Wow that dphat's was crazy awsome. Ton of fun, definately one of the bests so far. Oh and were those matches between me and Sudai recorded? Anyway, thanks dphat for hosting and thanks everyone else for such a great time.

Vitamin X

Smash Journeyman
Speak-outs (because the word "shout" is barely in my vocabulary)

-d4ba: Good games. I couldn't do jack against your G&W.

-Angel: That match was a nail-biter, no doubt. Sorry about the way I acted afterward, but getting 2-and-outed tends to put me in a very sour mood.

-Everyone else: Shame I never played you in singles. Maybe I will next time in a couple of weeks...or months...or years.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Man, vitamin, that was probably the closest set I've ever played. I was SURE I was going to lose. You play a great Lucario and Fox, good stuff.

You didn't deserve to be 2 and outed at all, just a bad bracket, dude. I hope we can play some more sets sometime soon.

S

spacemankafka

Good morning, sunshine! The earth says hello! -- That was probably the best PBT yet, mainly because of the alcohol and drama. Thanks to everyone who took the time to help me with my game, especially Daba, Bwett, Fogo and Angel. You are all too generous. I'm forever in you debt.

chic

Smash Ace
melee1, i hate u lol. i appreciate u comin over and givin me some advice after our match. hope 2 play u again.
jingo, srry 4 sucking. my huge loss 2 melee destroyed my moral so i played like crap. ggs tho
infinity, thx 4 being cool with my bro(the mario) even tho u owned him

i am kinda pissed that my bro and i waited over an hour for the 2 teams who had 2 play their match so that we could play ours just to find out they were playin friendlies the whole time. we left cuz we didnt want 2 wait another 20 min more for the the match 2 be played. ppl should be courteous and make sure they dont need 2be playing a match.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Anyone going to the Waco tournament this weekend? I kinda wanna go.

@ DoH - I'll explain it to you next time I see you around dude; we've all already worked this out AFAIK.

Duffman0615

Smash Rookie
would anyone want to play friendlies? i live in the Dallas area i won't lag or anything, nice to meet all you guys btw

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
SINGLES WOOOOOOOT

1: Melee1 ($3.50)
2: d4ba ($1.00)
3: Dphat ($0.50)
4: UTD Zac
5: Infinity
5: Bwett
7: FOGO
7: Jingo Joe
9: ICE
9: Matt
9: Shuz
9: Beah
13: Chucky
13: Sudai
13: Marcus
13: Marth105
17: Chris
17: KirbyKid
17: Angel
17: Omaj
17: Chic
17: Axl
25: VitaminX
25: BCIRC

We'll tighten things up for future PBTs. We encountered new problems and issues that threw our Teams management off.

Sorry to hear about your situation Chic. I'll try to make it up to you in the future.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
SINGLES WOOOOOOOT

1: Melee1 ($3.50)
2: d4ba ($1.00)
3: UTD Zac ($0.50)
4: Dphat
5: Infinity
5: Bwett
7: FOGO
7: Jingo Joe
9: ICE
9: Matt
9: Shuz
9: Beah
13: Chucky
13: Sudai
13: Marcus
13: Marth105
17: Chris
17: KirbyKid
17: Angel
17: Omaj
17: Chic
17: Axl
25: VitaminX
25: BCIRC
Correction...

UTD Zac got 3rd place. Dphat 4th.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
I wanna call johns, I had to play Infinity first, so it was basically single elim for me :chuckle:

Still a great PBT, though, I had a lot of fun with friendlies.

Dojo

Smash Champion
I wanna call johns, I had to play Infinity first, so it was basically single elim for me :chuckle:

Still a great PBT, though, I had a lot of fun with friendlies.
I bet that's what you were thinking when you went up against him eh? Don't take that ****. Tell yourself in your mind. I can do this. Then focus. And who knows, one day you may surprise yourself. That's what I do. :)

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Why is it that I haven't been able to connect to youtube for the past 2 days? This is weird.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
I bet that's what you were thinking when you went up against him eh? Don't take that ****. Tell yourself in your mind. I can do this. Then focus. And who knows, one day you may surprise yourself. That's what I do. :)
I don't feel nervous or anything, I'm used to performing under pressure because of music, but I'm also realistic about where I am in my Smash game. I know I'm getting a lot better, but my level just isn't there yet. I know what you're saying, but I don't want to lie to myself either.

Khaoz

Smash Journeyman
Wish I could've gone...I feel that I get better at each tournament I go to :)

I'm trapped in SC were the difficulty of my opponents are determined by little numbers I give them in training mode...=/

Dojo

Smash Champion
Haha, well it's like Sky said. Realists and pessimists don't usually get very far in this game. Yes, you know should know where you stand, but being overly optimistic can be a good thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ArHas4eozE

I refer this video alot, mostly because it's how I feel. I understand that everybody may view this differently, but I feel this mindset has been a major part of why I've managed to succeed as much as I have up to this point.

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
Haha, well it's like Sky said. Realists and pessimists don't usually get very far in this game. Yes, you know should know where you stand, but being overly optimistic can be a good thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ArHas4eozE

I refer this video alot, mostly because it's how I feel. I understand that everybody may view this differently, but I feel this mindset has been a major part of why I've managed to succeed as much as I have up to this point.
i know exactly wat ur saying Dojo never give up i like that:)

CY

Smash Ace
fogo is so hot, if he were a corndog, i would deep fry him in my mouth.

in other news, dallas should try and come to the beaumont fest this next sunday! it will be epic.

Santi

Smash Lord
This is how we do ittttt
It's fridayyy night
And I feel alright ;)
The party's here on the west side =)

Melee1

Smash Journeyman
Carpool to onicon!!

1.Angel
2.Melee1
3.Dizzi

Possible of going: Ice and Aweston

If you like to come please pm or post. Onicon will be more like smashfest with Dugfin, trex,Mr.3000, movies and pizza.. Onicon will also throw two free tournaments rewarding only Dvds and such. We have two spots open.. Theres also something going on in Beaumont on Sunday. We will leave friday and be back sunday afternoon and gas as cheap as it is should cost about 7 to 10 bucks a person.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Carpool to onicon!!

1.Angel
2.Melee1
3.Dizzi

Possible of going: Ice and Aweston

If you like to come please pm or post. Onicon will be more like smashfest with Dugfin, trex,Mr.3000, movies and pizza.. Onicon will also throw two free tournaments rewarding only Dvds and such. We have two spots open.. Theres also something going on in Beaumont on Sunday. We will leave friday and be back sunday afternoon and gas as cheap as it is should cost about 7 to 10 bucks a person.
When is it? I'm definitely interested in going.

Edit - Bush is the new star of The Matrix: http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=CXUNJ6KZBuU

Sudai

Stuff here
in other news, dallas should try and come to the beaumont fest this next sunday! it will be epic.
Fogo and a few others are coming, I'm pretty sure. I know Fogo really wanted to come though. He looked like he was about to cream his pants when we talked about it.

Speaking of creaming pants. Where's Billy at? :o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom