• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
We're leaving Saturday morning, probably around 8. It's possible to do it from Dphat's if that makes it easier for you, but everyone else is here in Denton. If you guys can't get a ride, we could also come get you from UTD.

Is Zac riding with us too?
I think he is. I'll talk with him to make sure.
What I'd like to do is go to Dphat's on Friday and play smash with
everyone that's going to be there, and then Zac and I can go to Denton and
crash there?

I really just need to talk with Zac, since he'll be driving.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I'll be going to Dphats on Friday night. I'll spend the night too to make things easier. If Angel has a spot I'll ride with him for sure. I'm excited.

Everytime I hear OH Snap I think of Bananas.......... arg!

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
I think he is. I'll talk with him to make sure.
What I'd like to do is go to Dphat's on Friday and play smash with
everyone that's going to be there, and then Zac and I can go to Denton and
crash there?

I really just need to talk with Zac, since he'll be driving.

Yeah, we'll find a place for you guys to stay up here. We'll head down to Dphat's on friday and take you back with us, then head out next morning. Do you mind if we head back after its over that same day? Dizzi has to be back for work the next morning.

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, we'll find a place for you guys to stay up here. We'll head down to Dphat's on friday and take you back with us, then head out next morning. Do you mind if we head back after its over that same day? Dizzi has to be back for work the next morning.
Sounds good to me. How much of a time crunch will we be in on Saturday?
Don't want to miss any after-tourney events like Denny's or whatnot. ;)

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Hey folks, I'm briefly in town (not sure how long) and I may have some free time. Anybody willing to play or hang out? Melee and Brawl are both cool with me.

Arikado

Smash Rookie
I still don't have a ride for OHSNAP. I've got Friday off from work, and I know DPhat said he would talk to the College Station guys, but I have no idea what's going on. If a spot frees up somewhere, let me know.

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
Before our endeavor to Oh Snap, I recommend the entirety of the Dallas smash scene listen to this video.

It will get you hyped.

From beginning to 4:34 are the best IMO.

Just have that running through your head every match you play and you'll do fine.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
I'll be going to Dphats on Friday night. I'll spend the night too to make things easier. If Angel has a spot I'll ride with him for sure. I'm excited.

Everytime I hear OH Snap I think of Bananas.......... arg!
Well, he needs to let me know if he wants a spot in our car or I'll have to give it to Kado...
Zac's going dude, lol.

Big Bob

Smash Apprentice
Before our endeavor to Oh Snap, I recommend the entirety of the Dallas smash scene listen to this video.

It will get you hyped.

Just have that running through your head every match you play and you'll do fine.
The first three openings are great, after that it's pretty bleh.

The Japanese D/P opening is pure awesome, though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VekT0KNJb1w

And dammit, this makes me want to pick up PT again. I really should; if Billy can kick *** as Yoshi, I should be able to do the same.

Hell, **** Meta Knight. If I have to play as Charizard the whole match, so be it.

Dizzi13

Smash Rookie

It will get you hyped.

post is win

also, unbeknownst to me until about five minutes ago, we Denton guys will be recording some friendlies at my place tonight and I should have them up sometime this week

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
So I kinda mentioned about a "next time" to a few people, but my rather distracted mind failed to consider Oh Snap being the day after the Smashfest. So...

If I could possibly secure a ride to AND from DPhat's this Friday, I'll make an effort to bring controller and some sort of food item (hopefully in a large enough quantity) in a somewhat hopeful attempt to make up for last Friday. Although I sense I probably couldn't really make up for last Friday anyway.

If not, well, I wish everyone luck at Oh Snap.

Jingo_Joe

Smash Apprentice
Is anyone going to be at PBT this Saturday? It might be pretty dull for me this weekend unless I'm mistaken about the number of people leaving for Oklahoma.

Good luck at "Oh Snap!" everyone, I hope Texas completely dominates. And HonKY, make sure to get a 9 Punch for me.

EDIT: I really want to play some Brawl right now, so if anyone wants to brave online and do a couple of matches with me, send me an IM.

Arikado

Smash Rookie
Is anyone going to be at PBT this Saturday? It seems like everyone is going to "Oh Snap!". It might be pretty dull for me this weekend unless I'm mistaken about the number of people leaving for Oklahoma.
If I wind up getting shafted out of a ride, I'll show up to PBT.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
My car is coming on Saturday, you won't see us until the beginning of the tournament. If that changes I'll let you know ASAP but I don't see any reason it'll change. We are staying Saturday night though.

Do I need to stop and get some booze, yo?

Hilary

Smash Cadet
Just curious to see if anyone had any weekly casuals or tourneys going. I'm still really new to brawl and need all the play I can get.

I'm in north dallas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom