• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwett

Smash Ace
Bwett: Yo man, I'm down for going today and all ready for it. However, tell me. Do you intend on spending Saturday too? If that's the case, am I going to have to too? XD
I intend on spending the night on Saturday unless I'm not feeling well enough to leave. If I do spend the night, if you wanted to leave on Saturday, you would have to either get a ride from someone else or pay me for an hour's worth of a drive =/. It's your choice dude. Anyways, give me a call so I know.

979-216-7010

If anyone else needs a ride that is pretty close to UTD, best give me a call as well and pretty soon

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
cant wait to see everyone again, feels like ages since I've been to a smashfest. getting tired of looking at Fogo everyday :laugh: anyways I'm bringing a **** load of popcorn, i don't even think you Dallas smashers can finish it. prove me wrong billy!
pop corn match :D

EDIT: 3x - 2y = 21
2x + y = 21
Using the two equations above, solve for y

HOW DO U DO THIS @_@ AHHHH

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
x = 9, y = 3.
Did you get that Echo?

Also, I didn't use the boring, long way. I used the DMG way. Success stories using the DMG method include:

Santi's pre calc/calc homework
Echo's Homework
DMG's Calculus Class

:D

chronoize

Smash Journeyman
Did you get that Echo?

Also, I didn't use the boring, long way. I used the DMG way. Success stories using the DMG method include:

Santi's pre calc/calc homework
Echo's Homework
DMG's Calculus Class

:D
DMG spot dodged the problem and got an answer just like that. too good!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Shuz, u uploaded the vids from the smashfest at Bears from HOBO 11? I think the matches were recorded on your equipment, could you check and see? :D

chronoize

Smash Journeyman
yea my comp is finally fixed it wont restart every time i try to upload and convert the files. check out my youtube account.

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
So I just got back from DPhat's, and I feel I've got some explaining to do. Or some apologizing.

I've talked with a few people about this, and all I've come up with is probably circular reasoning that's getting me nowhere and those few people frustrated. So... I'll figure I'll try to explain this again, in public. Here's a warning: this might be long.
----
First, Brawl is pretty much my first experience with Smash ever, AND my first experience with a fighting game. Seriously, my selection of games for the Wii/DS are all pretty much 1P games. Or possibly with 2P Coop. And to mention Melee, I played that basically 1P as well.

So I know NOTHING of Brawl as a 2/3/4P game. Worse, I don't have a competitive background in anything, period. I've never liked sports, and I never bothered running for any class positions in high school, simply because I knew I wasn't gonna get in anything (just to clarify, I'm a sophomore at UTD). Put simply, I lack the "warrior's spirit".

So my milling around, watching matches, and refusing all of'em (of three offers) was a direct result of that. I can play against comps just fine (although I might get a bit irritated), but against real people, my nerves break down, with it goes the willingness to play. So had I actually taken an offer, here's what a sketch of the match would look like:

-About 5 minutes to pick characters due to me sarcastically asking who my opponent's favorite punching bag is and getting probably a hurried a response of "I don't care, just pick someone!" (In all honesty, an aim to please has always been my goal with people, so there's some truth to that question, but it's still tinged with that nervous feeling)
-About 5 minutes to pick stage 'cause I really know NOTHING of how competitive Brawl works, including stage selection
-Match starts.
-SD, SD, SD. This game's winner is... not me.
-People get ticked off that I actually did that, and I get ticked off that I actually did that.
-Congrats, NintendoMan07, you just lost any chance you had of being in the Dallas Smash scene.

So yeah, I'd be actually letting people down by playing as well as by not playing. So it's lose-lose for me, although the end result of tonight has just been that I've had people confused instead of mad. Anyway, there's a few factors that go into that, that I've decided against listing here for brevity.

At any rate, now that I've explained somewhat my... predicament, here's the apology. I'm sorry that I didn't get to play anyone tonight and caused a large amount of confusion over it.

Anyway, if anyone has any advice to "fix" me, or just wants to try in person, then PM me and I'll be willing to work stuff out, consider stuff, or explain a bit more.
----

tl;dr version: I'm not a confident person. PM me if you're really interested in fixing that. And I'm sorry for not playing anyone.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
^Possibly the best new account ever.

Awestin, I couldn't possibly agree more. The only one missing was ICE, then it would have been the ultimate smash orgy.

[/gay]

I've still got those two spots open in the car for Oh Snap, did anyone already call it or are they still open?

N.O.T.A.-SrsC@

Smash Apprentice
Srsly, DMG and SrsC@ don't need paper or pen, math is easier in the head. Now why are we doing high-school algebra again? O.o

And where was Billy in all of this?

"The mind boggles..."

Edit: Totally forgot to tell NfiniT last time I was over there: I found that song that we needed to remember 9:17 for, and I am awesome enough to have it. If Google really was the force, I'd be Yoda. Track was that hard to find, much less get a hold of.

Srsly.

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
^Possibly the best new account ever.

Awestin, I couldn't possibly agree more. The only one missing was ICE, then it would have been the ultimate smash orgy.

[/gay]

I've still got those two spots open in the car for Oh Snap, did anyone already call it or are they still open?
I "called" it for me / UTD Zac, but if you have 2 spots then that settles it, I guess :p

A

adobeslums

2k Sports Bounce Tour with Q-Tip, The Cool Kids, and DJ Scratch at HOB next Thursday. I think I'm going to this. How about y'all? Fancy venue, older women, **** the bull****, nawyamsayin.

A

adobeslums

So I'm sitting on the couch holding the remote flipping channels. I'm a rebel eating a bowl of them Fruity Pebbles, Fruity Pebbles, Fruity Pebbles. Yeah, how gangsta is that? Not gangsta at all? Aw, you judging me dawg? Please, you shop at the mall. Me, I shop at boutiques, limited quantity sneaks.

mydadsacop123

Smash Apprentice
hey don't sweat it nintendoman u don't even hafta play if u want just relax and try to get comfortable with everyone. Were all big nerds so even if u dont do so gud at smash who cares?
its all about havin fun and gettin bjs so just try to enjoy urself cuz u seem like a kewl dood. Also fogo told bwett my fav counterpick so we hafta fistfight

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Okay, so it looks like Alpha and Zac can have the two spots in the car. The one we're taking will seat six, so if Dizzi decides to come he'll still fit.

We were gonna leave Saturday morning, if that's cool with you guys.

As far as meeting up, Denton is closer to Oklahoma than UTD, so if you guys met us up here it would save gas overall, but if that's a problem I don't mind coming to you guys.

Awestin, watch out for Fogo. Your cookies are not safe around him.

chic

Smash Ace
another disapointing performance by me!!! :( was fun though

to tourny host:
overall it was quite fun, i especially like the fact that the event is 5 mins from my house, but seriously, bring more than one tv next time. it took me over 3 hours just to play 2 matches... thats too dumb

chronoize

Smash Journeyman
so fun coming back to smashfest. can't wait till the holidays are over so i can be more active.

i might need a partner for oh snap! anyone interested?

anyone getting the new animal crossing game?

Inside joke:

ps. eff you earthbound characters!

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
so fun coming back to smashfest. can't wait till the holidays are over so i can be more active.

i might need a partner for oh snap! anyone interested?

anyone getting the new animal crossing game?

Inside joke:

ps. eff you earthbound characters!
lol i hate Ness :D

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
Okay, so it looks like Alpha and Zac can have the two spots in the car. The one we're taking will seat six, so if Dizzi decides to come he'll still fit.

As far as meeting up, Denton is closer to Oklahoma than UTD, so if you guys met us up here it would save gas overall, but if that's a problem I don't mind coming to you guys.
In that case, Zac could drive him and I up to Denton beforehand. Hopefully we can still smash at Dphat's friday night O_o.
Also, it's up to Zac.

And good thing about the 6 seater. I'm sick of getting ***** seat for every trip, lol.

Arikado

Smash Rookie
So are all the spots filled for OHSNAP?

Shuz, we can team if I wind up getting a spot with someone. Thought I had one with DPhat a while ago, but I guess not.

DaWizard23

Smash Rookie
Hey Guys, im Wiz, Im out in Arlington and am really interested in jumping into the DFW Brawl scene. Im not sure who I need to talk to in order to get a tournament listing, or schedule or sumthing, so if any of y'all could help me out that would be great. Thanks in Advance.

Oh and, I noticed this is a car pool, I have a car if that helps anything.

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
Hey Guys, im Wiz, Im out in Arlington and am really interested in jumping into the DFW Brawl scene. Im not sure who I need to talk to in order to get a tournament listing, or schedule or sumthing, so if any of y'all could help me out that would be great. Thanks in Advance.

Oh and, I noticed this is a car pool, I have a car if that helps anything.
check the front page. I hope the Chargers win today :D

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
@ anyone riding with me to Oh Snap: we're leaving Saturday morning to get there and staying overnight, then heading back Sunday afternoon some time. I'll let you know where to meet up in the next day or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom