• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Bob

Smash Apprentice
I suppose I should do my usual post-smash fest "Bob's shout outs".

Fogo - One day I will beat you in a set. If I have to have Rob shoot lasers into our future matches, it will be done.
Bwett - I guess I got cocky after I beat you with Pokemon Trainer last time, 'cuz you whipped me this time. ROB/Yoshi match gives me hope for the future though. And did you grow a beard simply so you could stroke it?
Zac - Thanks for bringing me there, and I learned a lot from playing you. Also, plenty amusing when Fogo accidentally called me Zac after being 9-Hammer'd.
PhoenixAlpha - We need to play more. Do you accept my invitation to be rivals?
Infinity - While I didn't play your Meta Knight, I think that night was the first time I've beaten you in a fair fight. You're still a lot of fun to play.
Ruddy - Keep working at it; you had me worried a lot during our set.
Shuz - We need to make a team in a tournament sometime.

See you all...whenever. Possibly next year.

BlackKnight23

Smash Apprentice
OK hey guys i am Masta Deltron of SV arizona and I am saying hey in advance. Cause i am moving back to fort hood next march so......soon i will be joining you guys in Melee :chuckle:

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
i hope so too, itll help my ravens alot!
lol ur ravens got ***** by my giants, to bad my chargers lost :(

EDIT: Find the solution to the system of equations below.

5x + y = 4
3x - 3y = 24

Select answer A x = 2, y = -4
Select answer B x = 1, y = -1
Select answer C x = 1, y = -2
Select answer D x = 2, y = -6

ahhh so confusing @_@

Melee1

Smash Journeyman
One fateful day, a player lost a game of Smash. Distraught, he sought the advice of Isai the Wise.

“Isai the Wise,” the player inquired, “what should I do differently from now on to prevent myself from losing?”

Isai the Wise stood there in his holy glory, looked at the player, and said, “Don’t get hit.”

LOL Quote from allisbrawl.com

Keep this in mind and Dallas will win Oh Snap... :)

ICE27

Smash Apprentice
NNID
michael0275

5x + y = 4
3x - 3y = 24

ahhh so confusing @_@
Say it with me very carefully echo." SMASHBOARDS" not "MATHBOARDS" oh and not "MYSPACE" either I know your confused and can't tell the difference but just in case I'm here to clear that up for you.

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer

5x + y = 4
3x - 3y = 24

ahhh so confusing @_@
Do your own homework lol...

Just solve this the same way we solved the last one for you.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth

5x + y = 4
3x - 3y = 24

ahhh so confusing @_@
Let see.. we would like to solve for Y so...

5x + y = 4 Or it can be rewritten as y = 4 - 5x.
SO we substitutes y as 4-5x in the next equation so.

3x - 3(4-5x) = 24

3x - 12 - -15x = 24 or 3x - 12 + 15x = 24
we add 12 to both side and we get

3x + 15x = 36
add up the X is the next step and we get

18x = 36
divide by 18 on both side and we get.. x = 2

So we go back to the first equation plug in 2 for x so
5x2 + Y =4
do the multiplication
10 + y = 4
Subtract 10 to both side
and we get.. Y = -6

I hope me showing you the steps will help you on further math problems.

ICE27

Smash Apprentice
NNID
michael0275
Or he could stop trashing the smashboards with his homework and his personal affairs. That sounds like a proper solution to me. Wouldn't you agree Dr Drew?

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer

5x + y = 4
3x - 3y = 24

ahhh so confusing @_@
Yeah. Solve it the same way as before. If you can't figure out how to do THIS, then write both this problem and the one we showed you how to do side-by-side and try to match them up exactly. This problem gets solved identically.

You can also test you answers when you finish solving by just plugging them in. For example:

Does 5(2) + (-4) = 4? No, 10 - 4 = 6
Does 3(2) - 3(-4) = 24? No, 6 + 12 = 18
A is wrong.

Does 5(1) + (-1) = 4? Yes, 5 - 1 = 4
Does 3(1) - 3(-1) = 24? No, 3 + 3 = 6
B is wrong.

Does 5(1) + (-2) = 4? No, 5 - 2 = 3
Does 3(1) - 3(-2) = 24? No, 3 + 6 = 9
C is wrong.

Does 5(2) + (-6) = 4? Yes, 10 - 6 = 4
Does 3(2) - 3(-6) = 24? Yes, 6 + 18 = 24
D is correct.

EDIT: I like how many people are so excited about solving simple algebra. See, math does pay off.............................. LOL

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
You know my mom is a teacher :urg:. Oh and hey I'm starting to main Ness, hes a lotta fun.

Dphats was great, thanks so much again Angel for the ride, I still owe you. (Where was denton???) I did absolutely terrible in the tourney, but thats beside the point, friendlies were awsome.

Oh and anyone still interested in a tourney on friday the uh.... day after thanksgiving? (one of them dates in the future) I'm still planning on hosting one, I hope its going to be a big one. Also I'm going to be free the entire thanksgiving break so I'm planning to be hanging out smashing the entire time. Please, feel free to invite me over or invite yourself over during thanksgiving (politeness is the key to friendship :laugh:). Honestly though I want to spend almost all of my thanksgiving doing the stuff theres no way I'd be allowed to do normally. Normal = one tourney every 2 weeks. Thanksgiving is going to be like, brawl nonstop.

Edit:

I almost got in trouble walking around with this in my ID badge lanyard:

I had my real badge on the other side though, it was hilarious though cuz it actually fooled a few people when I told them I had it specially delivered from the school :p. Good ol' scanner and photoshop.

Jingo_Joe

Smash Apprentice
*_Echo_*, I'm actually doing very similar Math HW. The only difference is that mine has 3 variables to solve for instead of two. I just thought it was a cool coincidence.

N.O.T.A.-SrsC@

Smash Apprentice
One fateful day, a player lost a game of Smash. Distraught, he sought the advice of Isai the Wise.

“Isai the Wise,” the player inquired, “what should I do differently from now on to prevent myself from losing?”

Isai the Wise stood there in his holy glory, looked at the player, and said, “Don’t get hit.”

LOL Quote from allisbrawl.com

Keep this in mind and Dallas will win Oh Snap... :)
Infinity said and applied that before said Isai the Wise. Infinity therefore has more experience with the force and thus is Infinity the Wiser.

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
You know my mom is a teacher :urg:. Oh and hey I'm starting to main Ness, hes a lotta fun.

Dphats was great, thanks so much again Angel for the ride, I still owe you. (Where was denton???) I did absolutely terrible in the tourney, but thats beside the point, friendlies were awsome.

Oh and anyone still interested in a tourney on friday the uh.... day after thanksgiving? (one of them dates in the future) I'm still planning on hosting one, I hope its going to be a big one. Also I'm going to be free the entire thanksgiving break so I'm planning to be hanging out smashing the entire time. Please, feel free to invite me over or invite yourself over during thanksgiving (politeness is the key to friendship :laugh:). Honestly though I want to spend almost all of my thanksgiving doing the stuff theres no way I'd be allowed to do normally. Normal = one tourney every 2 weeks. Thanksgiving is going to be like, brawl nonstop.

Edit:

I almost got in trouble walking around with this in my ID badge lanyard:

I had my real badge on the other side though, it was hilarious though cuz it actually fooled a few people when I told them I had it specially delivered from the school :p. Good ol' scanner and photoshop.
sweet i need to to get photo shop. i should do that that with mk and instead of freshman id put rapest :p

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
BTW: Angel, is your carpool leaving from Dphat's or your place?
We're leaving Saturday morning, probably around 8. It's possible to do it from Dphat's if that makes it easier for you, but everyone else is here in Denton. If you guys can't get a ride, we could also come get you from UTD.

Is Zac riding with us too?

@Ruddy, don't worry about it, man. I've already budgeted for gas based on driving to Flower Mound and Coppell, so it's really not an issue. You don't owe me, and I don't mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom