• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Deva is....is..is *cries*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Thats whack. It's really a shame. I guess it's up to us to rep Link now, lets not let him down.

FEaR.7

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FEaR.7
O.o

Well, thank you for everything Deva! I wish I could change your mind but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Im gonna write something to try to persuade you anyway. Get a secondary, dont you like other Nintendo series? Fire Emblem? Star Fox? I also main Marth and Falco for the stupidly frustrating Link's matchups. However, Im still known for my Link.

You'll always be known for your Link even if you pick a secondary. But like I said, you gotta do what you gotta do.

If your determined to do so then just know how we Link mains appreciate all you've done here. Take care.

Matt07

Smash Master
Wow I just hope Deva considers what Sky posted.

You were a great asset to the Link boards (both Melee and Brawl) and you'll be missed by all.

Best of luck with your post-smash life.

Twilght Link

Smash Journeyman
Deva it was great knowing you man. Heck you dont even have to recognize me, i still think of you as a hero to the link's in the smash community. Thank you for everything Deva! Pursue a new goal in the real world, perhaps this may be a good decision for you and your post-smash life.

Its his life guys and let him leave us his legend as best link in the world instead of letting his existance in smash die out as the balance between tiers widens and the high tiers dominate even more. It follows the adage " You either die the hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain," though Deva will never be a villain lol.

Cya dude

mackman

Smash Cadet
you don't even know me, deva, but your matches against dsf inspired me to try Link again. Thanks for everything and we'll all miss you.

Twilght Link

Smash Journeyman
a part of me might have died inside now that we've all lost such a great member

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman
I could have sworn I just heard something actually break inside me.

I joked about murdering Deva a lot, and about him being intimidating, but...

...I'm all alone in Washington state now...

Bomber7

Smash Hero
That's sad. I hate to hear people who have been playing SSB for a long time just get up and quit like that.

PS-Bengalz I hope your joking about your sig, either way I hate it. =D

sasook

Smash Champion
I could have sworn I just heard something actually break inside me.

I joked about murdering Deva a lot, and about him being intimidating, but...

...I'm all alone in Washington state now...
^Poor guy, Wafflez was the first one I thought of when I read it, and I thought "oh man..how's he gonna take it?"

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
well i've lost all hope *walks away* jk cmon deva seriously why would u just leave like that. if you really leave many will do the same

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman
That sparkle in my eye, that music in my voice, and the light-hearted joy of playfulness and cheer that ran through my fingers into every post I made...

...I don't feel it anymore.

*Gets on Wi-Fi and plays through all the tears*

sasook

Smash Champion
*Gets on Wi-Fi and plays through all the tears*
I wrecked a MK in honor of Deva today. I won 5-1, with three of them 2 stocks. The 1 loss was on Norfair. I guess that stage really does belong to only Deva.

Matt07

Smash Master
Someone should make a 'Combo/Highlight Video of Deva playing Link in Brawl, be pretty cool imo. I dunno if he has enough videos for that though.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
PS-Bengalz I hope your joking about your sig, either way I hate it. =D
Why would I joke about something like this? :confused:

Call me weird, but I fail to see the humor in hundreds of deaths, over half of which include women and children...

Maybe you could tell me why you disagree?

Kief

Smash Ace
you dont know me deva but all i can say is you played a huge role in me attempting to become a competitive link main. i've always played as link but never thought of trying to get serious until i saw videos of top players like you. and i greatly admire your loyalty to link. i'm glad to see that your not giving up link for marth or MK or something. maybe someday a new smash will come out and link wont suck so much...
well anyway have a nice life.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Why would I joke about something like this? :confused:

Call me weird, but I fail to see the humor in hundreds of deaths, over half of which include women and children...

Maybe you could tell me why you disagree?
I like the jews. I really think they are good allies to the US. I'm actually for there counter attack in the Gaza strip. for the past year or so I have been actually starting to pay attention the some of the world event stuff and opccasionally I will hear about how the Jews got attacked and I always ask my dad "why cant they retaliate?" and he's always tell me it was cuz of politics or something or the US holding them back because of politics. I like that the Jews are going all out on this. Besides I watched the news about an hour ago and even though the news is 98% says that the fighting will continue the other 2% of their report shows that the Jews are asking for a dis armment and a continuation of that in the future to remove the threat of Israel from being attacked. All Palistine has to do is come to the negotiation table which the Jews have offered to set up and basically go on with what the Jews want. They are the dominant force here and they can do what ever they want to in the Gaza strip currently.

They are just defending themselfs and removing the threat right now that is currently Palistine. How is that a crime?

PS- @everyone: Sorry for this usless post. dont mark it as spam. I've said what I wanted to say.

=D

Ritch

Smash Journeyman
Woooooooowwwww I seriously did not expect to see this.

Well, you know what they say guys. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and reading something like that will definetly put you down. I'm really upset, but hey, what can we do? It's all up to our current pro's now for Link to have some respect in competitive play now.

Thanks for everything though Deva, good **** and gl with your life

DeTa

Smash Apprentice
"The falling of a Titan..."
I can't believe it, Deva's quitting :(
Now the question is, who will have enough endurance to put up with the losses now and perhaps become pro and win later? :)
We all look to the other Link pros now...
Arkive, Izaw, Legan...

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
Now the question is, who will have enough endurance to put up with the losses now and perhaps become pro and win later? :)
Arkive, Izaw, Legan...
Wafflez.

He's the man.

Lawz.

NNID
Lawz_Fearless
Arkive, Izaw, Legan...

we still have other good people. i mean the titans were the ones who ruled the heavens with an iron fist.....they were even greater than the gods. what im saying is sure one is gone but we still have lots of others to look up to.

sasook

Smash Champion
we still have other good people. i mean the titans were the ones who ruled the heavens with an iron fist.....they were even greater than the gods. what im saying is sure one is gone but we still have lots of others to look up to.
Yeah, we do, true that. But still...

Deva was the KING. It doesn't matter to me how fun watching Legan/Arkive/Izaw in big tourneys are, Deva was just too good (and Legan's my idol, for crying out loud).

'Tis a sad day. :(

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Wafflez.

He's the man.
Seconded.

I also second Bomber7's post. But in any case...

I actually wasn't surprised by this. I knew Deva would be really frustrated by all the crap that's been going on lately, a lot of it aimed at him. Not saying that is the main reason he quit; I'm just saying that was probably the breaking point where Smash really didn't become fun for him anymore.
Deva, you and Legan are my Smash heroes... I wish you the same dedication (and lots more luck and talent) in all the other areas of your life.

Lawz.

NNID
Lawz_Fearless
Yeah, we do, true that. But still...

Deva was the KING. It doesn't matter to me how fun watching Legan/Arkive/Izaw in big tourneys are, Deva was just too good (and Legan's my idol, for crying out loud).

'Tis a sad day. :(
i know he was the best but at least he wasn't the only one that was good.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
I like the jews. I really think they are good allies to the US. I'm actually for there counter attack in the Gaza strip. for the past year or so I have been actually starting to pay attention the some of the world event stuff and opccasionally I will hear about how the Jews got attacked and I always ask my dad "why cant they retaliate?" and he's always tell me it was cuz of politics or something or the US holding them back because of politics. I like that the Jews are going all out on this. Besides I watched the news about an hour ago and even though the news is 98% says that the fighting will continue the other 2% of their report shows that the Jews are asking for a dis armment and a continuation of that in the future to remove the threat of Israel from being attacked. All Palistine has to do is come to the negotiation table which the Jews have offered to set up and basically go on with what the Jews want. They are the dominant force here and they can do what ever they want to in the Gaza strip currently.

They are just defending themselfs and removing the threat right now that is currently Palistine. How is that a crime?
Ahh, ignorance at its finest. You are listening to a very one sided media bias. You can't look at only the United States media, as Israel is the United States' biggest ally. You need to explore more if you are going to be taking a strong position on the issue. I personally have researched the topic and have heard the story from all sides. I'll warn you that the images in the link are graphic:

http://palestinian.ning.com/forum/topics/the-other-side-of-the-story

The top half of the images are from the devestation Israel has caused Gaza. The bottom half is what they are retaliating to. Rockets that have damaged nothing but property. Not to mention, the ceasefire that was in place was violated when Israel attacked a Palestinian camp not two weeks ago.

"I will hear about how the Jews got attacked and I always ask my dad "why cant they retaliate?"

Check up on the death rates bro, you don't always hear about it when a Palestinian is killed, but it's breaking news on every media outlet when a Palestinian kills an Israeli.

Link is cool (see not off topic)

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
My idol just quit.

I'm actually a little sad on the inside. Like really, it's like Babe Ruth quit instead of dying.

God bless ya Deva. Good luck with life.

EDIT: Why am I seriously choking back tears? I haven't even met the guy. Maybe I'm tired.

It's not like Aura is it? He'll never be back. Or on late at night.

Ayanamililith22

Smash Rookie
NNID
FujiwaraRyougi22
I don't Know Deva at all But I can say I respect his commitment to Link. I understand how Deva feels. All we can do now is to make sure his time and effort is not wasted. I still plan on maining Link no matter what anyone says. I know I'm just a nobody and I don't care about becoming pro or who already is pro ( No Offense to anyone)I play for the love of the game and for Link. I want to show people that Link is not a bad character. There is always someone better. Keep the Courage Strong.

Lawz.

NNID
Lawz_Fearless
I don't Know Deva at all But I can say I respect his commitment to Link. I understand how Deva feels. All we can do now is to make sure his time and effort is not wasted. I still plan on maining Link no matter what anyone says. I know I'm just a nobody and I don't care about becoming pro or who already is pro ( No Offense to anyone)I play for the love of the game and for Link. I want to show people that Link is not a bad character. There is always someone better. Keep the Courage Strong.

I second that two thumbs up we shouldn't quit because he did

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Ahh, ignorance at its finest. You are listening to a very one sided media bias. You can't look at only the United States media, as Israel is the United States' biggest ally. You need to explore more if you are going to be taking a strong position on the issue. I personally have researched the topic and have heard the story from all sides. I'll warn you that the images in the link are graphic:

http://palestinian.ning.com/forum/topics/the-other-side-of-the-story

The top half of the images are from the devestation Israel has caused Gaza. The bottom half is what they are retaliating to. Rockets that have damaged nothing but property. Not to mention, the ceasefire that was in place was violated when Israel attacked a Palestinian camp not two weeks ago.

"I will hear about how the Jews got attacked and I always ask my dad "why cant they retaliate?"

Check up on the death rates bro, you don't always hear about it when a Palestinian is killed, but it's breaking news on every media outlet when a Palestinian kills an Israeli.

Link is cool (see not off topic)
Hate to say it, but I think both Bomber7 and myself have thorougly researched the issue. Telling us we have a biased one-sided view is not proving much of anything.
Frankly all I hear about is Israel's war crimes against Pakistan, and I had to put in some thorough research to learn all the damage that was being done to Israel. And I hear a lot on the regular news about Pakistanian deaths too.
So please, let's just stop here.

Deva, read Sky's post on your blog! Although he may be a little harsh, it is truth!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom