• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Delta Upsilon V Results - October 30th, 2010 - FULL RESULTS UP NOW!

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
I still need
Fatty- Meta Knight
Ralph Cecil- Snake and Wario
Pulse- Meta Knight
Characters

Should consolation tournament become a mainstay at these events? How did you guys think it went?
*edited*
I personally think it went fine. You need more TV's for it though, but it gives people who are not at a high skill level a chance to compete.

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
Consolation was a great idea. I didn't do it since my head was fried from losing so badly lol

clowsui

Smash Legend
Consolation is the best idea ever ^_^

(obv not biased since I won $21)

You should decide on whether there's a consolation tournament or not only DURING the event, though. Fizzle and Blue said if they had known about consolation, they would have just sandbagged pools, lost and won more money than they would have regularly. I think $5 entry for consolation should be the minimum, to keep it competitive; otherwise I'd be OK with revising the entry fee as an alternative to deciding consolation during the event.

saviorslegacy

Consolation is the best idea ever ^_^

(obv not biased since I won $21)

You should decide on whether there's a consolation tournament or not only DURING the event, though. Fizzle and Blue said if they had known about consolation, they would have just sandbagged pools, lost and won more money than they would have regularly. I think $5 entry for consolation should be the minimum, to keep it competitive; otherwise I'd be OK with revising the entry fee as an alternative to deciding consolation during the event.
That horrible thing called money.
Smash should be a competition driven and not money driven. The only reason why I play is for the competition and I main Sheik so I obviously don't care about the money.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Fizzle and Blue said if they had known about consolation, they would have just sandbagged pools, lost and won more money than they would have regularly.
That's just sad if it's true. I'd expect that from Blue (no offense) but Fizzle...you saw the damage you just did in the "real" bracket and how much you've been improving, don't let money temptations slow you down like that bro. Keep going hard in the actual tournies. You beat Blue, you beat AZ, nowhere to go from here but up if you keep playing to compete. :cool:

Consolation idea is great AZ, like people have said it gives those who aren't quite up to par yet an equal chance to compete in something. However, like Chi suggested, it should only be decided while pools are going on at the TO's discretion, to keep the shameless money grubbers from sandbagging pools just to play in that bracket. After all, it'd be some funny **** to see one of them try doing that only to just be eliminated from the tournament with no consolation bracket lol. I'd literally point at them and laugh in person and be like..."lol why you mad tho?" :awesome:

Duckman

Smash Rookie
Well I already got a taste of "lolwut? you're in the consolation tourny?" from Z (I'm not trying to say he shouldn't have gotten to enter...but he was a bit high caliber to fight the pool losers)

As for whether the consolation tourney should be run...it should definitely be decided during the tourney, with a smaller pot. That way, if there is a hint of purposeful losing, you can just not run it and play a lot more friendlies. As soon as that happens once, anyone who cheats to lose will think again.

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
My thoughts are that the number of wins a person has grants more raffle tickets, and then there would be a drawing at the end.. So nobody plays just for cash and everyone has a chance to win

But then again, wouldn't there be less incentive to fight better? I have no idea.

Silhouette

Smash Lord
Wow interested to see bracket, wish Hunkys sh*tty car hadn't broke down on the way there.

SneakyTako: Thanks for considering picking us up, and Im glad that the GPS you used told you how long it would have taken and we avoided chancing getting you DQ'd. The last thing we would have wanted was to chance burdening someone else in that situation, but thanks for trying to be there man, means alot.

saviorslegacy

That's actually not a bad idea. Have a small pot for the losers tourney. Simply ask for 2$ a person. 1st place will be so small most people wont even bother snadbagging.
The losers already spent 10$ or so for the main tourney, why would they want to spend more?

DBSammy

Smash Ace
Yeah, good stuff MX. Wish I hadn't SD'd last stock game 1 >.<
Nice meeting you, coop, and jer (don't remember his full name really)
You remember my three friends but not me, how dare you.
JK. It was nice meeting you. Remember to come back up here some time.

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
Also, Shoutouts to kel again for that AMAZING m2k impression that s*** made me LOL.

MX778

Smash Journeyman
hey way to make it up there MX
Thanks mang. Keep up that Sonic, you'll make it up there for sure. Just keep up the good work.

Also, Shoutouts to kel again for that AMAZING m2k impression that s*** made me LOL.
Shoutouts to Shugo for being a top top top top top top top top Falco player.
I'll still give you 2 cents if you go Sonic in the next tourney. ;D

Kel

Smash Master
Shout outs to Shugo for beating me with my own character over and over and over and over and over and over and over

Baro

Smash Journeyman
shoutouts to BlazingKatakuri for actually knowing how to play Clash of Ninja

clowsui

Smash Legend
An apology to everyone for making the tournament more unpleasant with my rage. I need to learn how to better control my emotions.

Shoutouts to JT and Mr. E for making me look free all day.

More shoutouts later. This tournament was mad fun. Bruce Lee nipples go hard...literally lmao

Nicole

Smash Champion
good job at doubles, kb!

(i guess your partner deserves some credit too)

peach ***** at dubz :D

saviorslegacy

An apology to everyone for making the tournament more unpleasant with my rage. I need to learn how to better control my emotions.

Shoutouts to JT and Mr. E for making me look free all day.

More shoutouts later. This tournament was mad fun. Bruce Lee nipples go hard...literally lmao
lol.... you do it IRL and I do it on SWF. Well... have done it.
(and) it's okay.

BTW, Grand Finals are up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sorsxl7DSGI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBDSeOT7RNk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yG-zhCILVw

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
good job at doubles, kb!

(i guess your partner deserves some credit too)

peach ***** at dubz :D
Lol thanks Red. :)

Shugo was the most in sync partner I've had in a while honestly, it was fun. He and I are 2-0 for 1st places as a team so far.

Hell yeah she does. Props to anyone out there who has the balls to team with a good Peach, they'll see results. :cool:

MX778

Smash Journeyman
Lol thanks Red. :)

Shugo was the most in sync partner I've had in a while honestly, it was fun. He and I are 2-0 for 1st places as a team so far.

Hell yeah she does. Props to anyone out there who has the balls to team with a good Peach, they'll see results. :cool:
Yo, good games KB. <3

Get more people to ask him Mike. Peer pressure.
EXACTLY!

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
I will not give into peer pressure..............................................................................................................................................................................................................

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Good games MX. I was very upset at myself after that last spike (as well as the first match), but I'm glad I shook your hand before I walked away to cool off. I know some people forget to do that if they get heated lol.

You've got yourself a pretty unique Yoshi there, keep up the good work.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Shout outs to starkiller for "dat ***" being the best.

Shout outs to Shugo for hugs and thugs.

Shout outs to Mister Eric for beeping up the place.

Shout outs to AZ for treating Kel and I to Chipotle tonight.

Shout outs to MX for serving up those eggs with a side of salt.

Hael Phael

Smash Ace
I was super happy that I thought of the consolation bracket, it made a lot of people feel like they had something to do rather than just be out of the tournament. Shoutouts will come later...

What's The Point

Smash Master
Well I already got a taste of "lolwut? you're in the consolation tourny?" from Z (I'm not trying to say he shouldn't have gotten to enter...but he was a bit high caliber to fight the pool losers)
Z wasn't even in the actual tournament.

Though I'm not sure if that is any better.

Edit - In reading your message a bit closer, it seems that you were aware of that.

So, to add some real substance in this post, seems a bit odd for some one who didn't get out of pools to get almost as much money as 3rd, and another getting almost as much as 4th. Consolation tournaments should be free and have some odd prize (Like that gift card for Chipotle). Nothing worth dropping out of the tournament for (Unless you really like Chipotle) but something nice for the winner.

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
I used all Wario in doubles, and Ness 8 times in singles vs. 7 with Wario. Please note it. :)

Idk, I'm kind of at a weird place with my characters. My Ness overall skill is higher than my Wario, I am more comfortable in weird matchups and I'm more versed in MUs in general with him but he's not as good of a character as Wario so it seems like he limited.

My Wario does well but gets ***** by unknown MUs and not knowing the character as much but the general superiority of the character can make up for that somewhat.

Idk, I'm just typing what I'm thinking, I'll have to reflect on this.

I'll do some shoutouts tomorrow probably. Pretty fun tourney.

One more thing, MK is taking over teams haha. A personal pat on the back for being the highest placing team without an MK.
AZ: I'm holding you to a MK-banned DU next time. It would be something different and you seemed pretty serious about it.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
@Jiffy: Just play as Wario against POPS when he is random. I just did that yesterday and it did wonders.

Good **** Fizzle and MX

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
You remember my three friends but not me, how dare you.
JK. It was nice meeting you. Remember to come back up here some time.
No, I remember you! It was another guy's name that I didn't speak to a whole bunch that I'm not quite sure on.

^.^

saviorslegacy

Hey, did anyone save a replay on my Wii? I think it was one of the MM's between KBizzle and ______.
Want me to upload it for ya?

Top Bottom