• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Defend the Title - Little Mac Main Social Thread

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
What's the point of the downward angled fsmash lol? I probably wouldn't use it anyway even if I knew since I prefer the positional advantage of someone having to recover after it, but would still be nice to know it's not completely useless when I accidentally do it.
Pretty sure its his most safe attack. You either hit them(they take good damage and dont get sent as far, so you're still in control with pressuring with ftilts) or they block it and they get pushed way back and they're shield diminishes hard. I might be mistaken and I'm gonna test it later when my brother gets home, but I swear i've connected with shields and you're + on block by a lot.

A smash attack that trades knockback for good damage, has super armor and is safe sounds like a big deal.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
If that's safe on shield and leaves me + on block I will be too hype for that. I feel my shield pressure is already pretty good, so having something like that to add to it will be great. :D

EDIT:I've messed with it some and it seems to be the only move I have that will actually knock a shielding opponent offstage. Which is something i've been wanting to do super hard since the have to be careful about how they get back to the ledge or else it's a free dsmash for me.

Last edited:

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I played him yesterday and got rekt lol.

and I played YOU today! super fun games, you play a great Mac and Duck Hunt. I have to stop for now though but if you want to play again we could trade FCs and stuff, I wouldn't mind at all. Some were so close and some were just total 2 stock'd matches haha.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I played the game for a few hours yesterday and I've got tech for days already. Watch for my posts here in the coming days.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Mac is one of my highly requested characters and I'm glad he's in! Gonna main him as long as I don't get owned lol

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm also anxious to give the world champ a try. I can see all sorts of possible strategies with him...so long as I don't end up being tossed around like a flying fisbee.

Last edited:

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
If that's safe on shield and leaves me + on block I will be too hype for that. I feel my shield pressure is already pretty good, so having something like that to add to it will be great. :D

EDIT:I've messed with it some and it seems to be the only move I have that will actually knock a shielding opponent offstage. Which is something i've been wanting to do super hard since the have to be careful about how they get back to the ledge or else it's a free dsmash for me.
Yeah I forgot to post back here afterwards but I tested it and it was exactly what I thought. Super good to just throw out, very little risk. High rewards

Also not directly related but want to add that I've been helping Sky(of smash and league of legends fame) on his next spotlight video for Little Mac(he has one for Mario, Meta Knight, and Falcon so far). Wrote a pretty lengthy wall of text on every thing Mac. Expect the vid soon!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Yeah I forgot to post back here afterwards but I tested it and it was exactly what I thought. Super good to just throw out, very little risk. High rewards

Also not directly related but want to add that I've been helping Sky(of smash and league of legends fame) on his next spotlight video for Little Mac(he has one for Mario, Meta Knight, and Falcon so far). Wrote a pretty lengthy wall of text on every thing Mac. Expect the vid soon!
Where can I find these videos?

:059:

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
I can't believe how much FUN little mac is to play. I typically like characters with a strong aerial game/mobility, but I'm having a blast fighting people on the ground with Little Mac. I love how Sakurai made him, even if it possibly gives him some horrendous match ups

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
Geeeeez, I've been dominating for glory mode all day with mac. The funniest thing is when people get tired of losing to you, and go for the mac ditto. Then they realize he isn't so easy to use lmao.

SamSun

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3823-8695-2370
god little mac is so fun.

I played sm4sh for 8 hours last night after downloading it, and didn't wanna play anyone else.

one thing I've found with him that's really nice, is Dtilt > fsmash
It's not a combo, but I think the fsmash covers everything except double jump. and even if they double jump, you can cover it after the fsmash is done.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
So I've been playing For Glory for a few hours and I quickly realized that Little Mac is the superior character of those individuals looking to play the most manly and legit character. Landing KO blows on randoms is the greatest feeling ever.

Nat Goméz

Smash Apprentice
Hahaha oh my god, he's so fun! I was in For Glory and people are used to when they see Little Mac charging his fsmash they just wait for him to shield and then punish, and at first it worked, then he was again waiting for my punch but this time i did the down angled version i charged it to maximum and it just insta-pop his shield, it felt so good... but it felt even better when i charged usmash to maximun and killed him in 45% :D

LCC Son-in-Law

Dork-in-Law
NNID
I'll add you
3DS FC
0989-1853-2327
Wow...Mac was who I wanted to play in the beginning, but I expected Shulk to become my main. NOOOPE! Mac is awesome!!!

SevenYearItch

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3969-6079-3846
Forgot there was a sub for Mac here! Whats up Little Mac mains. I played probably the hypest set today with Mac in For Glory. Started out my Mac against their Sheik, took 2 games out of three. They switched to the Mac ditto, and it was insane. Played 10 games, they took 7 of them sadly, but most close.

Greatest mac moment so far? Huge comeback against a Fox last night at about 2am. Down a stock, went untouched (Thanks slip counter) to read a side B with my UpSmash. Then second stock, jabbed until KO punch reading his dash. <3 Mac

NOSTK

Smash Rookie
My best Mac moment was against a Greninja. He/She had 2 stocks and at around 50% while I had 1 stock and 114%. I make the best counters I have ever done and take their first stock, and then for the second, get in a couple jab counters. The greninja went for shadow sneak, I dodge out of the way, d-tilt, into a K.O punch. So satisfying.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i won the first washington monthly smash 4 tournament going about 80%+ as little mac with a couple matches of bowser jr and the king of koopas himself - i'll be starting to stream little mac for glory at some point soonish and will be posting videos on my youtube also

little mac is very very fun

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Geez, this early into the release and I'm already getting people mad that I play Little Mac hahahah Makes me love him more
Because For Glory 1-on-1, and honestly I can't blame them. Little Mac greatly benefits from the flat terrain Omega Form stages sport, and his moveset benefits the most from a 1-on-1 set up because there is nothing that can interupt him going berserk except for his opponent.

But keep in mind that's more so a problem with the structuring of the mode then the character himself. For example in a free for all or teams he can be bombarded pretty quickly, while on other stage types like Battlefield or Prism Tower he's going to be forced in the air more often due to the platforms.

Last edited:

SevenYearItch

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3969-6079-3846
Because For Glory 1-on-1, and honestly I can't blame them. Little Mac greatly benefits from the flat terrain Omega Form stages sport, and his moveset benefits the most from a 1-on-1 set up because there is nothing that can interupt him going berserk except for his opponent.

But keep in mind that's more so a problem with the structuring of the mode then the character himself. For example in a free for all or teams he can be bombarded pretty quickly, while on other stage types like Battlefield or Prism Tower he's going to be forced in the air more often due to the platforms.
I get it, but its also pretty easy to beat a Mac. I have won all but a couple Mac dittos, and usually dispatch of them with my Fox. I think people just don't know how to handle powerful spammers. It'll die off soon tbh, people will figure out their mains and nail counters down easily. Plus in actual comp play you'll get counter picked to death

GSM_Advent

Smash Rookie
wassup all. im Advent from GSM and it's been awhile since ive been on one of these sites. I am also a Lil Mac main. One interesting thing i came up with that works a good amount of times is a simple jab to KO punch when an enemy is in the air. its pretty much adopted from a simple luigi jab to sweet spot up b from brawl LOL.

Anyways, hopefully the crew and I make a combo vid, be on the lookout for that. For those of you who know GSM, you know we aim to impress.

-Advent

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
help i can't beat this character

SevenYearItch

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3969-6079-3846
help i can't beat this character
Don't get caught in a roll-to-jab combo
Don't get ftilted into a huge follow up because me and a few other Macs can actually edgeguard pretty well on stage
WATCH OUT FOR THE COUNTER IN THE AIR! I DONT ONLY USE IT ON THE GROUND

Then just shield grab the hell out of us and we're dead.

Top Bottom