• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Defend the Title - Little Mac Main Social Thread

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
So for anyone who has played the demo, approximately how long/how much damage did it take to fill the power meter and get the KO uppercut?
It was a lot quicker than I thought it would take.
In a 3 minute match, I was able to get the meter to fill at least 3 times. That's including the amount of times I died.

Last edited:

STiCKYBULL3TZ

Smash Ace
NNID
STiCKYBULL3TZ
3DS FC
2036-9005-7675
I had a dream last night that I was playing Smash 4. *Little Mac's aerials aren't THAT bad

*Take my dream with a grain of salt

quotidianmusic

Smash Rookie
I couldn't get KO with a fair at like 200% on one of the demos. Mac is my main but oh his aerials. His aerials :((((

NK1046

Smash Apprentice
I went to that smash fest at Best Buy and I chose Little Mac because i was so hyped to use him, so I played as him and i surprisingly didn't have a problem the air. he has a decent jump and his recovery went surprisingly further than I thought. so what I'm saying is that Little Mac will be my main in the new game.:4littlemac:

Spirst

Does anyone else think that Little Mac will be amazingly fun in crashing those online taunt parties that pop up so often? Think about it. All the other players will be crouching/taunting and having their guard down. You play along for a bit and then wham! KO punch. You then leave of course so they don't spend the next game gimping you and your bad aerial offense.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
just pre-emptively posting here. I'll probably be here alot when the US game launches :laugh:

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Ayyy already a social thread. :D I should be getting the game within the next few days and I really plan on developing this character and maybe changing a lot of people's opinions on where he stands in the grand scheme of Smash 4. :D

TrueInfinity

Smash Rookie
NNID
TrueInfinity
Great to see so many people excited to play Little Mac. I'll definitely be maining him regardless of his air game.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
On one stream with Little Mac vs DK, I saw him execute what seems to be a Fair on DK who was at 150% and at least he managed to knock him away near the blast zone. So maybe when the opponent's at higher perecentages, his air game can be useful.
Granted, still among the worst, but at least its usefulness appears later?

TrueInfinity

Smash Rookie
NNID
TrueInfinity
On one stream with Little Mac vs DK, I saw him execute what seems to be a Fair on DK who was at 150% and at least he managed to knock him away near the blast zone. So maybe when the opponent's at higher perecentages, his air game can be useful.
Granted, still among the worst, but at least its usefulness appears later?
To be fair, most attacks will knock you away decently far if your percentage is high. Although it is good to see that his air game will be useful in some cases. It'll be interesting to see how Little Mac evolves as we get a chance to play him more.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
To be fair, most attacks will knock you away decently far if your percentage is high. Although it is good to see that his air game will be useful in some cases. It'll be interesting to see how Little Mac evolves as we get a chance to play him more.
Exactly! I mean, we can at least count on them having some sort of knockback / gimping option at higher percenteges.

I just saw ZeRo playing like 6 matches in a row as Little Mac, and my confidence was brought back.

It seems waiting on the edge is a good strategy for people coming back up to the stage, due to Little Mac's super armor going right through the attack of the character crawling back up to the stage.

A LOT of roll-dodging and dashing is a must, apparently. It's just so fast, it's pretty much the closest thing to a wavedash I've seen in this game.

Must land that K.O. move. It's ESSENTIAL.

Little Mac struggles against Marth, Ness, and Jiggs, from what I've seen. :( The latter two were particularly harder to deal with.

But overall, I've regained my confidence in Mac. As long as we become pros at landing that K.O. punch, we can be pretty confident. :D

+1, Ftilt after Fsmash is a good way to catch people off guard, as it comes out SO fast!

Last edited:

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Ive put in like 20 hours into this character already. Almost done getting his custom moves. I'm glad I have good reaction time, really helps when using this character, combined with some smarts of course.

F tilt is the best move in the game

Shog

Smash Ace
I just saw on Zero a match DeDeDE vs. Little Mac, and the other player owned Zero lol. He played Little Mac like a really boxer, Patient and Punishing, not Rush Down like other suggest. Give it a try, he is good

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
I just saw on Zero a match DeDeDE vs. Little Mac, and the other player owned Zero lol. He played Little Mac like a really boxer, Patient and Punishing, not Rush Down like other suggest. Give it a try, he is good
Zero wasn't playing. Vex was playing.

Shog

Smash Ace
Did you really need to stress that? I honestly don't care who played, I just liked how Little Mac had his punishing game ugh.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Yes because one player is better than the other. People will read your comment thinking ZeRo got bopped by some random Little Mac player when that wasn't the case.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Well regardless, any bit of information on Little Mac's playstyle is good for us.

I had already witnessed Mac being better overall defensively than aggressively. Seems to me that Mac MAY be just as predictable as I thought he'd be when approaching...

Howevver, a lot of the rushdown players, if not all of the ones I saw, went for a dash attack that NEVER landed. It'd be wise to mix that up with a GRAB from now and then. :p

But it's great to see Mac having a super fast roll dodge.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Ive put in like 20 hours into this character already. Almost done getting his custom moves. I'm glad I have good reaction time, really helps when using this character, combined with some smarts of course.

F tilt is the best move in the game
you going to be joining me and Reflex on a misson to duff everyone and everything?

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Yes because one player is better than the other. People will read your comment thinking ZeRo got bopped by some random Little Mac player when that wasn't the case.
Vex is still REALLY good lol. You realize that in just about every Smash game that Vex plays some mid tier/low high tier character while Zero pretty much always plays on of the(if not the actual) best character in the game right? It's kind of unfair to compare their skill as players if you go off of results alone and Vex is already pulling off some impressive things in this game. I'm scared to see how far he will take D3 lol.

Either way I should be getting my Japanese 3DS in a few days. :D Can't wait to try and figure out what this character can do. ^_^

Last edited:

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Vex is still REALLY good lol. You realize that in just about every Smash game that Vex plays some mid tier/low high tier character while Zero pretty much always plays on of the(if not the actual) best character in the game right? It's kind of unfair to compare their skill as players if you go off of results alone and Vex is already pulling off some impressive things in this game. I'm scared to see how far he will take D3 lol.

Either way I should be getting my Japanese 3DS in a few days. :D Can't wait to try and figure out what this character can do. ^_^
Oh definitely I know Vex is amazing. I've seen his Brawl DDD and his PM Ganon and they're scary.

JAHCruncher

Smash Rookie
Hi all, super hyped to play the champ. Maining Mac or Samus and buying a WiiU for SM4SH. On the ClashTournaments stream a Little Mac rushdowned Zelda but suffered against Duck Hunt and a zoning Lucina! Looking forward to learning and developing this games meta!

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Was it Nakat, because if so he got me even more hyped to play Mac. :D I agree with one of the commentators though and can see it being super hard to solo main him though given how much he can lose from his weaknesses. D:

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
Kinda weird that there's no Punch-Out content outside of the stage and Mac himself.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
I just played like 6 hours straight at D1s stream with D1 Tenryo and Dark Pch. heres the vod http://www.twitch.tv/d1mx/b/569142898

I never lost a set when I used Mac, stream loved it haha. I play for the first hour and a half of the video. then we went out to eat and i came back later on. Then I played 3 sets with them in the last half hour. Anytime you see the KelVindictive tag, thats me. Hope you guys can find it useful or fun to watch ^^

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Hey guys, dabuz here, gonna be using little mac as one of my mains because he seems like a great character, so yeah, hi and get used to seeing me around here a bit.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
sup

I like Little Mac too, he is the most satisfying character to play.

basically my two things of advice are:
-don't be overzealous with your jab, if they fall out you don't get that sweet finisher. if you're starting to miss jabs finish it
-fear Mario's cape

Skeeli

Smash Rookie
I'm new around here also so whas hannin' people. I've been wanting to main little mac since he was announced, idk i was at stage in my life where I thought i wanted to be a boxer haha my brother and I even boxed in the backyard a couple times, call it my little mac training. anyways @ksizl4life I watched that whole video on your set kelvin and that **** was so hype! i lost my **** watchin you play, i really liked your style. does little macs side b have a smash version and a regular version? if so what are the differences

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So yeah, this is the section I'll be spending most of my time in now. Nice to see a lot of familiar faces here!

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I'm new around here also so whas hannin' people. I've been wanting to main little mac since he was announced, idk i was at stage in my life where I thought i wanted to be a boxer haha my brother and I even boxed in the backyard a couple times, call it my little mac training. anyways @ksizl4life I watched that whole video on your set kelvin and that **** was so hype! i lost my **** watchin you play, i really liked your style. does little macs side b have a smash version and a regular version? if so what are the differences
the haymaker only has one version, unless you count using it in the air too (it's considerably shorter)

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

Conflicted atm whether I should get Super Punch-Out!!! through Club Nintendo's rewards for this month or not.

On the one hand, I haven't played nor seen classic Punch-Out for nearly 2 decades.

On the other, I hate spending points, could probably get it cheap if something like the Super Smashing Sale happens again, etc.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
I'm going into this game like I did with Brawl. Having not played a single game of my main. I ended up playing all the MGS games afterwards though, so i'll have to see about Punch Out too lol.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Conflicted atm whether I should get Super Punch-Out!!! through Club Nintendo's rewards for this month or not.

On the one hand, I haven't played nor seen classic Punch-Out for nearly 2 decades.

On the other, I hate spending points, could probably get it cheap if something like the Super Smashing Sale happens again, etc.
Super Punch Out is an extremely entertaining and solid game. It improves drastically from it's NES predecessor.
The only flaw I see is, if we can call it a flaw, Little Mac's new appearance (if he even is Little Mac anymore), and the lack of Doc Louis.
Everything else, is pretty much better than the original. But not AS great as the Wiimake. Still, not counting the Wii version's Title Defense, SPO has more opponents. I highly recommend it if you have at least played and liked Punch Out! at some point.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

Oh, I've played it and the remake countless times. Just meant I haven't played/since owned SP since the 90's. :p

My main reason against is that I've been saving my coins for a rainy day. I don't want the same thing that happened with Super Metroid to happen again (I was reluctant to get it last time because I had it on my old Wii's VC, but later when I tried transferring the memory to my Wii U, some corruption occurred so I lost it forever. By the time I went back to try to get it through Club Nintendo the rewards had changed). So it's more debating whether I should get it now vs getting it later.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Oh, I've played it and the remake countless times. Just meant I haven't played/since owned SP since the 90's. :p

My main reason against is that I've been saving my coins for a rainy day. I don't want the same thing that happened with Super Metroid to happen again (I was reluctant to get it last time because I had it on my old Wii's VC, but later when I tried transferring the memory to my Wii U, some corruption occurred so I lost it forever. By the time I went back to try to get it through Club Nintendo the rewards had changed). So it's more debating whether I should get it now vs getting it later.
Ah I see...

Wait, question time. You can transfer Wii VC over to the Wii U?

feeojo

Smash Rookie
Hi every1, I just signed up! I never played as Mac but Im spending lots of time on the forums these days and wanted to sum up all the tips I've gathered so we may found out which ones are really true or add more to it. Just want to be well prepared!

GOOD MOVES:

-dash + Usmash (quick to punish)
-dash + grab (mind game)
-dash + shield + Fsmash (if opponent is attacking)
-up-tilted Fsmash (combo into up special)
-down tilted Fsmash + Ftilt (deals more damage + safe on block at max range)
-FTilt (rack up damage + safe on block if max range)
-Jab (rack up damage)

COMBOS:
-(from 0%): grab - pummel twice - down throw (sends up) - dash Usmash
-(low %): down tilt (stun) - forward tilt - up tilt or Usmash
-(20% +):down tilt + KO

STRATEGIES:

-opens up with jabs, tilts (armor or push back shield), and throws (Dont approach using smashes)
-use USmash vs short hops + anti air
-short hop KO uppercut (edge guard) / down tilt + KO uppercut
-Counter / dodge when in air/thrown off
-Roll dodging + dashing is a must
-Use super armor when edge guarding
-Side special (best aerial move) can be ended early by repressing
-activate neutral special before full charge
-use Fsmash during opponent attack (risk reward)

Any input is appreciated, thanks! Hope this will help any1 too!

Top Bottom