• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Defend the Title - Little Mac Main Social Thread

ToadsterOven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ToadsterOven
3DS FC
3711-6996-2029
Perhaps a bit off topic, but I was on 4chan just now and somebody posted this silly video involving the old "SOCKER BOPPERZ" commercial (they even make that sort of toy anymore?) and photoshopped lil mac's head and showed a bit of footage from smash for 3ds showcasing what the little guy does best! ;)

On Topic: I got rekt yesterday I think it was in a For Glory 1v1 match against Little Mac. it seems I'm not the only one thank god! :chuckle:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Oh well, at least I saved a lot of replays.

Will record and upload them, just to post it in the video thread.
All of the matches are in FG 1v1. People died quickly.

nyttyn

Smash Cadet
I've been having a lot of trouble against ZSS players as of late. She's just such a damn flightly little bird who keeps trying to take things to the air - her laser also makes approaching her awkward, due to how slow it is. Anyone got any tips for that matchup?

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
In playing with my friends, Little Mac is the best. There is nothing more satisfying than being able to turn the tide with a KO punch when you are at a 150% damage.

LCC Son-in-Law

Dork-in-Law
NNID
I'll add you
3DS FC
0989-1853-2327
In playing with my friends, Little Mac is the best. There is nothing more satisfying than being able to turn the tide with a KO punch when you are at a 150% damage.
There's nothing more terrifying than trying to pull off a KO punch at 150% damage.
I personally would rather trying to rack up some damage and punish a mistake with a forward or up smash for the kill, depending x.x. Or even a well timed side B. But that's just me.

Last edited:

Toebex

Smash Cadet
Little Mac is great but projectiles... just quit the game and save yourself the rage.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Little Mac is great but projectiles... just quit the game and save yourself the rage.
You mean Sheik right? because against any half good sheik I want to cry.

link too

Last edited:

Vinje

Smash Apprentice
Is little mac's KO punch unblockable or can they be blocked? I can't really remember

D

Deleted member

Was anybody disappointed with the lack of Assist Trophy (at least, on this version)? I had high hopes of seeing Bald Bull coming out and doing his Bull Charge... if only just to hear him taunt the opponent in Turkish.

SevenYearItch

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3969-6079-3846
Not true. Its easily blockable from what iI've seen. Whenever I go for it, they just shield and its absolutely useless.
This. I wish I could just not use it when I got it. I usually try to get em off stage so I have time to ditch the punch. Never use KO punch unless I'm down a stock

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
I've been having a lot of trouble against ZSS players as of late. She's just such a damn flightly little bird who keeps trying to take things to the air - her laser also makes approaching her awkward, due to how slow it is. Anyone got any tips for that matchup?
I fought one earlier today as well, just remember to use counter in the air because it hits her back and sends you forward. Also try using UTilt, it's great for anti-air and remember that you can use UpB on the ground to hit harder and higher on opponents in the air. FTilt = amazing as well. As for laser, lay back and force an approach or fake her out by retreating after dashing towards her.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
YOU LOOKIN MIGHTY GOOD SON, jus like ol' times huh
ain't chu flashy? u makin ma eyes water son
nice moves mac, I can barely keep ma eyes on chu son
y'know dat belt looks GOOD on you son
ALRIGHT...I think I heah a chocolate bar callin
way to go mac, yo da champ baby
HA! winnin feel good, don't it?
you got what it takes mac!
and the winner is...li'l mac! HAHAHA
worl circuits all yo's mac
nice work mac, ya got it ALLLLLL figured out
was dat a li'l too easy fo you son?
YOU WIN MAC
show em what chu got mac baby
LET EM HAVE IT MAC
HIT EM BABY

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
There's nothing more terrifying than trying to pull off a KO punch at 150% damage.
I personally would rather trying to rack up some damage and punish a mistake with a forward or up smash for the kill, depending x.x. Or even a well timed side B. But that's just me.
what i mean is that you survive so long that eventually your meter finally reaches KO mode, so you just happen to get the KO punch at the right moment, and then you use it.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

I killed 9 Mii's in Cruel Smash with Mac. It is the feeling in the world disregarding their ridiculous Smash attacks through both counter (which turns into a nuke) and super armor. Not to mention taking that much damage makes your K.O. meter fill up every 5 seconds.

Nat Goméz

Smash Apprentice
Against ZSS ... she's one of the lightest characters in the game, have that in mind, and well for the stun gun just jab to the air and your punches will cancel it, it's good to always have this in mind cause one of the better approaches if seen from her is: stun gun > grab > dthrow > fair > fair

Knowing this you can cancel that from the beginning. And if she try to grab you anyway just dodge to her and punish with a dsmash.

Also if she uses his weird laser whip thing at max range you can also cancel it with your jab, have that in mind.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Not true. Its easily blockable from what iI've seen. Whenever I go for it, they just shield and its absolutely useless.
Then the move isn't hitting their shield. The move is definitely 100% unblockable and uncounterable.

JAHCruncher

Smash Rookie
l for the stun gun just jab to the air and your punches will cancel it, it's good to always have this in mind cause one of the better approaches if seen from her is: stun gun > grab > dthrow > fair > fair

Also if she uses his weird laser whip thing at max range you can also cancel it with your jab, have that in mind.
Is there a thread with all the things jab cancels? I know super armor goes through lots of stuff but jab canceling projectiles can be a huge matchup changer in some cases.

Nat Goméz

Smash Apprentice
We... don't... we should have it though, i was wrong with some of the projectiles that could be canceled with jab, but is mostly because with weak but fast projectiles it has a random effect and cancels just if jab was just in moment. Other just go to low to be able to cancel it. But it cancels lots of projectiles that first i actually though it couldn't cancel, like Villager's Lloyd Rocket.

Against Pikachu for example, Little Mac's jab can cancel his bouncing thunder thing, and this is one of the most annoying things while fighting pikachu, but by his bouncing erratic propertie some times it will pass exactly under your jab and get to you, the best thing to do is cancel the first one with your jab and the second one with your shield, and so with all the others, that way you won't have to worry for perfect shielding for get shield pressured at distance or for rush him down in this MU. (Now that i think about it this conversation would be better in the Match Up Thread.)

I don't have enough time to deeply test this with all the projectiles characters, but if i get the time i'll do it. But if someone else do it i'd be thankful cause i'm so busy and i also want to know this.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
That sounds like an awful fun off-day project.

Lemme see what I can do.

LCC Son-in-Law

Dork-in-Law
NNID
I'll add you
3DS FC
0989-1853-2327
If I remember right, I canceled a few of villagers moves with jab, but my mind is blank and I can't remember if it was his slingshot or lloyd :s crap...

Nat Goméz

Smash Apprentice
That sounds like an awful fun off-day project.

Lemme see what I can do.
Woo Thanks! I really appreciate that! :D

Yesterday i was fighting Toon Link and he was spaming all of his projectiles, and i cancel them all with the jab (except the bomb of course) the jab can cancel his boomerang and the arrows... well i canceled them but they were uncharged so i don't know for sure D:

Can also cacel, Mario's and Luigi's Fireballs and i'm almost sure it can cancel Megaman's jab, crash bomber and metal blade.

And yeah it cancels the Lloyd too.

STiCKYBULL3TZ

Smash Ace
NNID
STiCKYBULL3TZ
3DS FC
2036-9005-7675
Woo Thanks! I really appreciate that! :D

Yesterday i was fighting Toon Link and he was spaming all of his projectiles, and i cancel them all with the jab (except the bomb of course) the jab can cancel his boomerang and the arrows... well i canceled them but they were uncharged so i don't know for sure D:

Can also cacel, Mario's and Luigi's Fireballs and i'm almost sure it can cancel Megaman's jab, crash bomber and metal blade.

And yeah it cancels the Lloyd too.
Just curious...Ftilt can cancel all that stuff too right? If so, it seems like a better option because you can keep holding forward to approach instead of returning the circle pad to neutral to jab.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Don't mind if I drop in?

Little Mac is so satisfying to play as. If you play him right you can really go to town with anybody. The only thing you need to watch out for is being launched off the stage.

Speaking of his aerial game, is there a strategy to fighting Master Hand as him? I had difficulty due to how much of a joke his aerial moves are.

Nat Goméz

Smash Apprentice
Just curious...Ftilt can cancel all that stuff too right? If so, it seems like a better option because you can keep holding forward to approach instead of returning the circle pad to neutral to jab.
Of course, in fact is actually better sometimes because it has more priority than the jab and some of the projectiles that jab can't cancel the ftilt can :D For example King DeDeDe's gordo throws, you can't cancel them with your jab but if you ftilt them they'll fly away or even better, they will be reflected to him :)

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
Top Bottom