• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Decisive Games Introduction Thread (make sure to check the new forum rules as well!)

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
@OS: We should hydra at some point,

That was directed at rPSI making jPSI a Smash Researcher.

In addition I've restricted all hydras to only be able to access this forum. There is no reason you need to use an alt anywhere else.
So no hydras in BBR games? (Not that OS allows them atm, but if somebody else runs a game back there at some point)

I don't think splitting a hydra up to make two players in the game would work.

If you did that then you'd be creating a player who knows the ins and outs of two roles, his former hydra and whoever he's replacing.

This is a big bad no no for fairness.

If for some reason a member of a hydra looses interest and the hydra wants to just revert to the one active player, that could be done, but splitting a hydra and having them both alive in the same game is bad news bears. If the hydra slot died then MAYBE you could do it kinda like what TDA did in SSB:M but it's a fine line to walk.

Honestly though I wouldn't be too concerned about replacements for your halo game Swords. For one, Hydras here are usually made to directly prevent a playerslot from being an inactive PoS. Furthermore, chances are that one person in each pair is going to have the time to devote to the game if not both of them.

Hmmm, might be an interesting role, can't talk privately after they split though.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Soviet Coffe should join Halo :p

Edit: And BSL should hydra with Xaltres! Then each hydra has its other half as replacement. That'd be perfect.

:059:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
With what time? I'm barely keeping up in the 3 games I'm in atm and shaya is housing m2k (aka, I doubt he even sleeps, let alone has time for an additional game, I haven't even been able to talk to him for like a week).

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Gheb should quit his hydra and hydra with me so we can be an arcanine fan hydra.

Dr. Riddler

macman|Riddle
woahhhhhhh

can hydras no longer post elsewhere?

awwww

why do so many dgamers gotta be staff members too =[

Dr. Riddler

macman|Riddle
yea theres nothing wrong with that. it wudda just been cool to be able to browse the boards without having to log out and log back in.

but not being able to edit is whack

Top Bottom