• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Debate Hall Postbit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Like the Back Room's grimer
and Writer's feather
, we'll have our own postbit. I spoke with JV and he gave me the green light.

Your job is to come up with ideas(Icons provided along with your idea) because YOU will be the one wearing them, so rather than me selecting some arbitrary bull****, we'll have a number of postbit entries and then we'll vote on one.

Don't spam the thread, and keep it civil. If you're wondering why I don't have a submission of my own, well, I only have paint and I'm not creative when it comes to art.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I'd be in favor of of the famous gravel icon we've never used but has been submitted a lot.

If then, then I'd want Voltaire's head

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Ok, cool. Thanks for this, Zero Beat. :)

Gavel sounds good. I'm really not good at making sprites but I can go try.

EDIT: How's this?

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Perhaps a 17th Century wig or a Scholar's Hat?
Something symbolising academia.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
It would be awesome if we could have a mini-"OBJECTION!" for our postbit. =P

Gavel sounds good, though. I can try making one and see how it turns out. Anyone know the size limitations here? I can get a general guideline from the other postbit icons, obviously, but is there something I should aim for?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Okay, thanks. I'll get on it right now.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Here's two images I've worked on (which, it should be noted, are modified versions of images found on google):

(16x16)
(19x19)

I'm also working on Teran's scholar hat idea, but I'm not finding much... :(

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Okay. I tried the gavel, but it didn't look as good as I wanted it to, so I made a few different renditions. Then I thought of adding the sound block on the side to the ones with the gavel not already hitting it, so I have, in total, 9 versions.

/

/

/

/
<-- This one is my personal favorite.

And all of these are personally, custom-made by me.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Gavels eh? I was thinking about a piece of paper because since this is a debate hall and were debating, we write down thoughts or what ideas we should post for debating. Something similer to this:

But if the idea is gavels then that is ok to. I'll attempt to make a good one. ^_^;

aeghrur

Smash Champion
I was more thinking of some guy looking really pissed and shouting at someone, lol, but a gavel works very well. :p

:093:

M.K

Level 55
This one's my favorite of the nine.:)
I agree, but it could be a tiny bit bigger. Comparing it to the other icons makes it look a little wimpy.
Although I do love the design immensely, maybe those little "bang" marks coming out of the gavel?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I agree, but it could be a tiny bit bigger. Comparing it to the other icons makes it look a little wimpy.
Although I do love the design immensely, maybe those little "bang" marks coming out of the gavel?
Hm...I can try to make it a little bigger, but all told it's 16x16, so it's not much smaller.

Most of the other ones are 18x12, so in total it's the same number of pixels, just more evened out.

I'll edit this post with an enlarged version.

It should be Phoenix Write
*Wright. =P

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
We should really think about this. If we can't come up with any other ideas, then a gaval's just fine.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I also like Teran's idea on the scholar hat. Can anyone try making one? Err, Firus!

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Sure, I can give it a shot, I'm just not entirely clear on what you're referring to. If you give me an image for reference I'll be glad to make one up for you.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285

Something along the lines of that, maybe?

RDK

Smash Hero
I tried to work with the graduation hat that Straked posted. What do you guys think?

^ Personally I like that one, although the gavel works too.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Actually, I'm more for the hat than the gavel, now that RDK made a condensed version. If we could find the standard blue color to make it more noticeable, or a black that doesn't blend it, that'd be perfect.

M.K

Level 55
Actually, I'm more for the hat than the gavel, now that RDK made a condensed version. If we could find the standard blue color to make it more noticeable, or a black that doesn't blend it, that'd be perfect.
I don't know. The sprite itself is wonderfully done and looks alot like the other icons, but do we really want a graduation cap as our symbol? What does that represent exactly, intelligence?
Debating requires more than just intelligence.
Personally, Gavel > Hat.
I'd like to see more than just two entries, though. In fact, I'm going to make one (I'm a spriter, I'll give it a shot).

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Oh I like this idea, good stuff Zero xD

RDK's hat looks awesome, maybe a debate stand?

Dude I'm telling you guys, Phoenix Wright.
Lol if the sprite actually represents what this room is about xD

Meta-Kirby said:
I don't know. The sprite itself is wonderfully done and looks alot like the other icons, but do we really want a graduation cap as our symbol? What does that represent exactly, intelligence?
Debating requires more than just intelligence.
Personally, Gavel > Hat.
I'd like to see more than just two entries, though. In fact, I'm going to make one (I'm a spriter, I'll give it a shot).
Maybe a gavel over the Smash Bros. icon?

RDK

Smash Hero
I'll change the color of the hat to blue-ish and see what happens.

Dude I'm telling you guys, Phoenix Wright.
I thought that was a good idea at first too, but I tried shrinking a Phoenix Wright pic to postbit size and it's barely recognizable. :dizzy:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Scholar-cap, as Teran said. And gavels seem more courtish. But I imagine the inevitable response would be "but u debaet in court, too. your wrongg."

So I'm fine with anything you guys can come up with.

M.K

Level 55
Scholar-cap, as Teran said. And gavels seem more courtish. But I imagine the inevitable response would be "but u debaet in court, too. your wrongg."

So I'm fine with anything you guys can come up with.
Well, I guess you can debate anywhere.
I think the symbol needs to resemble something that balances two sides. Has anyone tried making a sprite of the Libra Scale?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Since RDK already has the hat covered, I didn't give it a shot; I have three others;

Enlarged Gavel hitting Sound Block (I tried adding an effect to show it hitting the sound block, but it didn't really look that good)

Gavel over Smash Logo

Phoenix Wright

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Yeah, I'm in favor of the gavel. The hat seems silly to me.

RDK

Smash Hero
Here's the graduation cap in blue per Straked and the libra scale per Meta-Kirby:

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I added a black background to the three of those so you can see what they'll look like in the actual postbit.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Agreed with Aesir. I'm liking the libra scale.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Phoenix Wright all the way.

Seriously, no one will even understand the other stuff.

But Phoenix.... almost every screen shot of him has him pointing, staring, and yelling and that is something we all want to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom