• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dear MD/VA melee scene: Step it the **** up!

dkuo

Smash Lord
I hope our little group here at 228 Courtyards will become more relevant in the scene >_< one day perhaps. Good **** Voodoo, even though I only talked to you like once or twice ever.

As for Issue 5, our place is almost always running Smashfests on Fridays unless otherwise stated.

dkuo

Smash Lord
Haha true. We always say we're busy or doing something else. As Matt said, we'll try to go to more tournaments.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Yeah what kind of johns is this ~_~
Keep up with those tournament listings yo
If you want us to tell you want tournaments we're going to then tell us

mers

Smash Ace
So I just found out I'm going to be in Solomons, MD all summer. I don't have a clue what the Melee scene is like around there, but I would love to be able to get some playtime.

Anything happening in that area?

CTL17

Smash Lord
Your best bet is coming up to CP or going west to Alexandria to go to Sypher's. I think both are still decently far from where you are.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
I was wondering who is in charge of the UMD gaming club? Don't you guys run melee events at the college?

Is bones still running tournaments?

It seems in general that their aren't enough smash events in Maryland especially for melee. I would really like to start the aftershock series up again just have to work things out with the venue.

BigWenz

Smash Ace
I was wondering who is in charge of the UMD gaming club? Don't you guys run melee events at the college?

It seems in general that their aren't enough smash events in Maryland especially for melee. I would really like to start the aftershock series up again just have to work things out with the venue.
we have a gaming club???? shows how much i know lolol also the issue with getting a venue again at CP is being worked on. we had one but then ran into some trouble *cough* thumbs, freejin, mike *cough* haha

bones is still running graphix

i thought chinesah ran the aftershock series? Also sypher seems to be living up to his name of his tournies being Bi-weeklies and alotta of MD seems to be showing up to that, but i digress it would be nice for MD itself to host more tournies. (although for me syphers is closer than any place in MD we currently have for smashing so i dont know why im even saying this lol.)

Voodoo Daddy

Smash Journeyman
You guys are making me proud.

I've stepped back, as some people know I'm in a play right now and we rehearse on Saturdays. Theater>Smash, but I miss you guys.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord

If you held the Aftershock tournaments again, WV could show up with 3-5 people during the school year. It's only about 2.5hours away from us, and every other place (Sypher's, Graphix) are a little too far to attend regularly. I'd love to see MD/VA host some more tournaments though, cause you all know how much I want to attend them haha =D

Cyrain

Smash Ace
To address the posts Mahone was making on the page before this one
I don't think Voodoo made this thread to make himself feel better. He has a valid point. I don't know if any of you punks were around when TA ran this ****, but when I was an up and comer, they watched me and cheered me on. I watched all of their **** and cheered them of. MD/VA was full of ****in cool as **** smash players and they all had each other's backs. I honestly don't even know who half the people posting in this thread are because half of the time I can't travel to local ****. Reflecting on the way MD/VA was in the past is pretty depressing now. I feel pretty guilty for not cheering on or following around any of the up-and-comers in our area. I don't even know who most of them are. At the same time, out of the group of MD/VA smashers that I DO know, I rarely see them hyping my **** up either. I don't know if people are scared of me and Tope or something, but it surprises me that we never get addressed with questions or get asked to critique vids/matches, etc. I don't know if that's because you hate me/us or because you have better/more helpful people to ask (seems unlikely) or because you don't have questions or don't want critiques....But yea. I'm trying to get more involved in the smash scene and really get our area to start kicking *** again.

Also, I used to say that Jiggs sucked the fun out of Melee and made me not want to play sometimes.
Then I got better at the game.
Then I realized that I still feel the same way.
Mahone, Jiggs is gay as ****.
That being said...People shouldn't be talking **** to eachother....PARTICULARLY not at our own tournaments. I'm never going to call mahone gay because he rests me or something.
Okay maybe I will, but not in a serious way. This community should really tighten up and help each other improve.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
I am guilty of not cheering for MD/VA when I could be. Usually though it's just because I'm playing friendlies. But I should support my region more, of course.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
It's because the up and comers are all Asian kids with no voices
Except for Wenzel
It's a ****ty john and we're trying to get better

Haha yeah I play hella friendlies at big tournaments ... <_<

*Edit*
Ok by up and comers I meant up and comers .... at College Park
I legitimately forgot about everyone else ... somehow
Man I suck

Laijin

Smash Hero
What. I'm not an up and comer? Thanks Wenbo =__=

=\ Besides nobody ever cheers for me at tournaments. Except Seb on occasion and a couple of others. I remember during the Amateur bracket at P5 I was going against some dude and Joe was watching. I had just gotten a kill of the other dude and Joe was like "DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT -insert other guy's name-. You got this!" and I'm like "WTF JOE you're cheering against me?".

Thanks for the support MD/VA =____=

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Wasn't the other guy also MD/VA? I remember I was cheering for both of you simultaneously, switching back and forth as the mood took me.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I said I'd forgotten about everyone else Clyde <_< I was thinking about College Park only for some reason

BigWenz

Smash Ace
What. I'm not an up and comer? Thanks Wenbo =__=

=\ Besides nobody ever cheers for me at tournaments. Except Seb on occasion and a couple of others. I remember during the Amateur bracket at P5 I was going against some dude and Joe was watching. I had just gotten a kill of the other dude and Joe was like "DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT -insert other guy's name-. You got this!" and I'm like "WTF JOE you're cheering against me?".

Thanks for the support MD/VA =____=
i better be in that couple of others. everytime u go ylink im always cheering for you to time someone out lol i.e u vs doll at one of those syphers.

Vist

Smash Champion
Hey guys if I held a fest at UMBC sometime this weekend, would you guys come?

There's a bunch of people that I could get to come (Mooseeatsbear & co, btree the punmaster himself/ hat / frozen etc. , and some students from UMBC who are actually pretty good). Plus the gameroom is amazing for those of you who haven't been.

We could do crew battles / random tournaments if we get enough people :awesome:

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer

There's a bunch of people that I could get to come (Mooseeatsbear & co, btree the punmaster himself/ hat / frozen etc. , and some students from UMBC who are actually pretty good). Plus the gameroom is amazing for those of you who haven't been.

I would probably go. ^_^

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I just need to learn how to get to UMBC haha
I kinda have a test on Tuesday, though I have a 4 day weekend so it's probably whatevz

BigWenz

Smash Ace

id be down for this, i just gotta see if i can go but i dont think i have **** to do this weekend

Laijin

Smash Hero
i better be in that couple of others. everytime u go ylink im always cheering for you to time someone out lol i.e u vs doll at one of those syphers.
Yea man you're loud as ****.
Good ****. :cool:

Keep it up.

I wouldn't cheer for those guys over you, Clyde. You must be mistaken.
Maybe. Next time be louder when cheering for me then!

hot$

Smash Ace
Indeed it was Chival, I don't play them, but I like their icon. And also it looks similar shaped next to my mushroom. so therefore I keep it :bee:

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
I guess that's acceptable. But I hope you know that this means you're going to have to at least mess with ICs in training mode a little now. ;)

The Cape

Smash Master
I want to tell every resident that they are officially *****es who suck.

That's right I mean you.

This is nuclear freaking crisis mode. The nuclear holocaust of all that is fail and suck. And that nuclear holocaust is us, the abysmal shell of what was the greatest competitive scene in Melee in our glory days.

Issue # 1: Camaraderie
Vist and I are awesome, we have the biggest ****s in the world and we're sexy. If we boned your girlfriend and got her pregnant and you could raise one of our gorgeous illegitimate children it'd be like upgrading from a toyota to a sexy *** mercedez with jessica alba giving you head. Have you seen cyrain?! The guys like a model on a romantic novel cover. We need to start being friends, who hang out and do awesome stuff. This has to become a community again, we have the people and dynamic, we just don't have the love.

We need to start hanging out with each other outside of smash. The south has a great strong community, and look how they've developed! Our number one issue right now should be going to CHILL in DC and richmond. Let's find things to do, lets have cook outs and shiz, bro it up. Laijin and I are going to get cars soon, and if we can get some financial support.

Issue 2 Positive Attitude: How many of our MD/VA own cheered for us at pound 5? No one. We all suck at supporting and developing prospects. I had to play Mattdotzeb to get out of my second round people and Chivalruse, my neighbor and friend, comes up and says "I don't know who's going to win this one!"

WHAT THE HELL MAN! I'M YOUR FRIEND! ENCOURAGE ME! how much support does PP get from the south! and I can't even get positive support from my own friend. This is shameful and stupid. We need to cheer for each other, get each other hyped. We need to support cyrain, our best player who's a few steps away from being tops, at nationals instead of acting like *****es. From now on, Md/VA over out of state blindly. This is myself included, we need to always say we **** and everyone else sucks, even if we know it's not true.

And I mean Travis and Winston and Wenbo and all you silent losers who don't cheer.

Myself included.

This game is fun, we need to have a good time, have a ball.

We need to develop redd into a ****** beast who pillaged booty holes and smokes a cigarette afterwards saying "And now you know douche." Everyone helps everyone else get BETTER now. No more putting people down, no more competitiveness internally, have fun, have at it, have sex with hot chicks! If you see talent, you welcome them and develop them.

We need to be positive, and stop bickering and stop worrying about money.

Issue 3 Legistic Support: We need to start worrying about money!

Laijin and I are getting cars soon, and if richmond comes up we should make things cheap for them because of gas prices. But why should Richmond come up when we suck at everything because we're *****es?! We need to activate awesome mode!

Issue 4 Big Wenz is too black: Eat a **** NiQQ@!

Issue 5 Activity: Lets play some smash, son. Plank is leaving ( i believe) we need more hollowed ground to play smash in, my house is in baltimore and is too far, but we need someone besides sypher who can help us. And we need to treat syphers like hollowed ground, throw him some money so it's not so hard to throw tournaments and clean up after ourselves. I don't know who can help, but we gotta figure out something.

I don't know if we can ever get the brawl players back, because they seem pretty sold on sticking to the easy game, but we can definitely have more fun than we are having now.
MD/VA needs to step up its game in education as I noticed many grammatical and spelling errors within this post (the damn forum spell checks FOR you). And beyond that, MD/VA has me anyway, makes us a winning region.

Top Bottom