• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
The biggest thing about D3 is his matchups. You basically have to play differently each one. The gay **** we do to Wario doesn't work on Metaknight and vice versa. You are going to have to learn to drop whatever playstyle you might have each matchup. Some might be rather close, such as Snake and Pit, but it still shouldn't be played the same at all.

The next hurdle: approaching. D3 must approach at some time, and the approach you do is based on the matchup yet again. However, the biggest universal law about approaching with D3, never run (unless matchup requires otherwise). It shortens your grab range, takes away your tilts, your best approach and spacing options, as well as the all amazing down smash. People, with or without lazer, love to camp D3 somehow, so you are going to find your self approaching often. Learn approaching and punishing thoroughly.

From there we get to our off stage game. Not sure what to say here. Bair wall of pain is great. An occasional surprise fast fall forward air is cool too. Pummel grab releases are instant death on Falco. Fast fall neutral air can really mess up some characters like Diddy Kong. Forward tilt to surprise and catch there double jump after a downthrow at edge is great. Talking about off edge is something I'd rather recomend you'd watch videos, since it really varries on a lot of things.

The chain grab: make sure you can chaingrab Marth and Luigi. Duh. Make sure you can downtilt at the edge all the charecters you can, namely Snake. Practice tech chasing people in friendlies. Learn how to predict their movements. If you do get a jab lock, finish it off with a dash attack.

That should get you decent.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Isn't upair just down air except, up? I don't know, the occasional Down air-down air- upair is amazing. And pressure on ledge with upair is good as well.

Jupz

Smash Master
Yes, but down air is far better because it can hit people below on the ground. And of course there are uses for Uair, but I'm just saying it shouldn't be used as a conventional Uair (to juggle and stuff). There is usually a better move.

Actually now that I think about it its not that bad. Its just because Dedede has such terrible aerial movement :(

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Hahahaha, good luck :p Hope you got the tech skill, cause EVERYONE knows how to fight Foxes. Not to mention you have to compete with Col Bol.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
everyone knows how to fight everyone lol

top 7 characters - fox falco sheik marth peach falcon puff

everyone knows the entire web of top 6 chars' matchups. and they are pretty much the only viable characters to win tournaments usually

below them... ic's samus doc ganon. ehhh they're all iffy. they can win matchups but usually not tournament

get at chudat's ic's

so

choosing to main fox is perfectly legit

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Can you really rest any non disjointed attack? Is that true?
I have a hell of a time trying to rest Doc -_- I think its that jacket of his.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I'mma pretty sure I'm a main Litchie when I get Blazblue.
I can't believe you still haven't gotten BlazBlue yet.

Have you tried Gate's training feature?
1. That's not the possessive form of my name.
2. That was a mandate to you, not advice on playing Dedede.
3. You have until 9:29 PM EST tomorrow before I feed your nuts to some squirrels.

DDDont be alarmeddd.

I'm only maining fox in melee.
They should really have Melee icons for the Melee characters.

everyone knows how to fight everyone lol

top 7 characters - fox falco sheik marth peach falcon puff

everyone knows the entire web of top 6 chars' matchups. and they are pretty much the only viable characters to win tournaments usually

below them... ic's samus doc ganon. ehhh they're all iffy. they can win matchups but usually not tournament

get at chudat's ic's

so

choosing to main fox is perfectly legit
Basically this. I mean, Melee is 8 years old so the metagame is extremely advanced.

Zip.

Smash Lord
i saw those matches of yours vs the wolf gates..insane wolf =p
also...i want that quote crashic saved a few pages ago :3

Gates

Banned via Warnings
i saw those matches of yours vs the wolf gates..insane wolf =p
Who, JCav?

jfgi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_udH6IyfWUg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6w4Ct5GWWs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-X69GD2ijQ
This set is old but it generally shows how JCav does against MI's ranked players.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqxmVfWzgho
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21rKFVKYLNQ
Renegade is a very good Ike/Snake that has been doing well in MI recently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0lYcUdspmE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brC6qNbV55Q
Gates is a ****ing scrub who grabs too much.
(srsly though, my hands were cold, I wasn't wearing my glasses so I couldn't see the TV, I was drunk, I didn't have a chair to sit on, I ate a poptart and it got on my controller, I was hungover, I had to take a dump and was holding it in the whole time, I was sick, I ate a controller and it got on my poptart, I wasn't drunk enough, and JCav is just a better player than me)

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
I can beat Jcav. I've had 3 tourney sets with him and beat him every time, but we go pretty even in friendlieszies. He is probably better now though. But I was referring to seagullman who plays a lot different and has learned the matchup pretty **** well. Me and him go even, I suppose. Wolfs have learned that matchup since it is their most critical one.

Also, Seibrik, a little birdy told me Equi is back. How is he now?

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
Equi's back? 0__o
He could easily become the best wolf in the nation. He was really good from what I remember.
A year ago he got 9th at Fast 1. He was in my pools... He *****. I had no idea how to fight wolf back then, but I was using kirby, lol. I want to see him rise again, and with all the people using wolf now I wonder if he will raise in the tier list despite all his exploitations.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I can beat Jcav. I've had 3 tourney sets with him and beat him every time, but we go pretty even in friendlieszies. He is probably better now though. But I was referring to seagullman who plays a lot different and has learned the matchup pretty **** well. Me and him go even, I suppose. Wolfs have learned that matchup since it is their most critical one.

Also, Seibrik, a little birdy told me Equi is back. How is he now?
I know how to fight d3 pretty ****ing well. Wolf has frame advantage over d3 grab with his jab. And no it isn't their most critical one because Mk is harder to me.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Yea Equi's back, with a solid mk, but an even better wolf ;)

I think he's only using mk for the ddd matchup which i've been teaching him and he's catching on fairly quickly.

his wolf goes near even with my mk, its scary.
and i can no longer beat him with toon link :(

Master Raven

Smash Master
Wolf is a solid character with ******** exploits.

But I still think he's better than what some people make him out to be right now. He's one of my favorite characters in Brawl too so I'm hoping to see a rise in his metagame eventually.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I remember, the biggest character that n00bs used in Melee was Marth, look at how he ended up years later.
And for those who have never been to a play n trade tournament, Wolf is by far the biggest character at the play n trade tournaments.

Zip.

Smash Lord
Wolf is a solid character with ******** exploits.

But I still think he's better than what some people make him out to be right now. He's one of my favorite characters in Brawl too so I'm hoping to see a rise in his metagame eventually.
Yeah he's definitely underrated imo,and same here...i love wolf(hes more fun to play then the other spacies for me ;3)

Top Bottom