• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

Tekk

Smash Lord
HAPPY BDAY BEEF !
err I'm less and less there, and I can't have a real discussion with you guys because of time >_>

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
That's annoying but not broken.

And again, Taunt is really good.
Taunt is good.

BUT!

First, Protect > Taunt. Scouting is also good. Then, think about common taunters.

Azelf - lol Blizzard gg
Gyara - Unless it knows stone edge, (who still does that lol) It'll like... 15HKO you, while Blizzard will 2-3HKO
Ttar - Seeing as how you would lose hail support, you'd be switching anyway
Aerodactyl - Blizzard.

You get the point now. I think The set is

Sub
Protect
Blizzard
Toxic/Roar/Encore

It's really hard to stop if it's played effectively

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
I went MOSTly D3 yestarday at a 40 man tourny,

got first I used MK in like two hard matchups/levels early on, and in the last three matches of grand finals to get that **** over with (was vs HRNUT falco :p)

but the entire bracket was filled with "bad" matchups.

First was a kirby player, thats even, but the kirby player was really good, and good at the d3 matchup. my best kirby exp with ddd is vs DC (not too great apparnetly) and my best kirby exp with mk was Chudat.... so i won the first match and lost the 2nd with d3, then went MK to finish that set.

Then was MVD, who decided to use diddy instead of snake. he took the 2nd match off me, but i stayed ddd and beat him.

Next i had to play green ace I believe, which is a pikachu from sfl, wrecked him on smashville (nearly timing him out, 30 sec. left) and he went to delfino,so i said EF that and went mk so i wouldn't get walked off... (more flatland on delfino, so it'll be harder for DDD to avoid grabs.) and beat him with mk

Next i had to play Xaltis, a good falco who's beaten Nickriddle even before.
I beat him on BF with ddd, then he went PS1 and i beat him with ddd again :p

then was Advent Lee's diddy kong, best diddy in the state possibly, and i wrecked him harder than MVD (???) stayed ddd that whole set.

then i had to play Chaz in WInners finals, he used marth first couple matches, it went back and forth. first was on FD, where he won. then smashville where i won. then he went delfino, where i won (no walkoff's or inf. tho..) then he went back and went mk, he wrecked me lol
then i went FD he stayed MK, and i wrecked him back :)
BTW(all these should have been recorded and will be online within this week)

grand finals was vs Hrnut
he went falco entire first set, i was DDD first two matches and he beat me, both close matches, then i went mk and he beat me anyway.
so i got 3-0'd lol

2nd set i started with mk beat his falco on smashville
he went BF marth, beat him there
and FD diddy, beat him there.

as u can seee the last couple matches i could used ddd for, but for time purposes i wanted to go home and went mk :)

thoughts?

i'll post up vids as they come

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Thanks Tekks and Gates!
thoughts?
Good job with defeating characters on stages where they have the advantage, such as Diddy Kong on Final Destination and Marth of Battlefield with your King Dedede! But other than that, it seems as though Meta Knight is saving you throughout the tournament. That's my thought lol.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I didn't really expect anything surprising tbh. If you're an Elitist, your an Elitist. We can on you for rep.

EDIT: Good **** nonetheless.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
I planned on attending that tourney, but from the looks of it I might not have done so well.
who was the kirby, if it wasn't DC?
Pikachu,Kirby,Falco,Diddy,Mk People just cp'd the hell out of you huh?

Regardless good job seibrik !

be sure to post results in tournament results thread please kthnx.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Alby, Blazblue is really not as hard as you think.
It IS the brawl of 2d traditional fighting games.
Meanwhile, Stree Fighter 4 is being critised by competitive players for being too technically difficult and taking away from the smarter but not so technically apped players.

Sound familiar?

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
I dont care much about the results thread, seems like a big **** sucking contest to me lol

if u wana post it there thats fine, i got first :)

and i know MK is saving me when it counts, for now.

Im STILL playing for money so im gona do watever i need to win IF necassary.

There will come a time when I don't need MK at all, maybe not even for teams.

And I'll always accept any MM vs my ddd for sure. The thing im looking for right now is EXP.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I dont care much about the results thread, seems like a big **** sucking contest to me lol

if u wana post it there thats fine, i got first :)

and i know MK is saving me when it counts, for now.

Im STILL playing for money so im gona do watever i need to win IF necassary.

There will come a time when I don't need MK at all, maybe not even for teams.

And I'll always accept any MM vs my ddd for sure. The thing im looking for right now is EXP.
No need to shun other people's work for the sake of trying to make everyone seem inferior to you.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Hey Bunny, thanks for giving me a warning and not an infraction. I actually have 4 points right now so yeah...

I did pretty terrible today, I came 9th :(

The first match I lost was against a MK user that ended up coming 2nd. For some ******** reason I went IC first match and got two stocked. Second match I beat him in MK dittos then third match I was winning like 120% - 70% and he landed an UpB offstage against me and killed me :(

Then I had to verse a toon link and I just played absolutely terribly. Lost both games.

At least I got to meet technodeath (great ganon btw, but i never got to verse your DDD :( ) and I came second in doubles.
9th isn't too bad. How many people were there?

Tourney report
Good **** Seibrik.

Meanwhile, Stree Fighter 4 is being critised by competitive players for being too technically difficult and taking away from the smarter but not so technically apped players.
Seriously? Like who? Aside from Zangief's 720s and the input system occasionally reading double quarter circles and Bison's Ultra motion at Shoryuken motions, there's really nothing that complex in SFIV. It's no more complex than Marvel and that's extremely widely played.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Gates, can you go back and add a link of each character export to make unbumped threads easier to find?

If you don't wanna do it, just ask Nya.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Add it to what? You have the new directory thread posted iirc and they're in the Grand United Guide.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
No, I meant what threads should I put the links to the export threads in?

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Any or all of em. Just so others can find threads of exports that have been dead and they want to bump it for discussion.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Seriously? Like who? Aside from Zangief's 720s and the input system occasionally reading double quarter circles and Bison's Ultra motion at Shoryuken motions, there's really nothing that complex in SFIV. It's no more complex than Marvel and that's extremely widely played.
Serlin wrote a huge scaving rant about its impossibility, and ps. Serlin ain't no scrub.
http://www.sirlin.net/

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Any or all of em. Just so others can find threads of exports that have been dead and they want to bump it for discussion.
BAWWWWW THAT'S TOO MUCH WORK BAWWWWWWWWW

Serlin wrote a huge scaving rant about its impossibility, and ps. Serlin ain't no scrub.
http://www.sirlin.net/
What, you mean this?
http://www.sirlin.net/blog/2009/2/22/a-few-things-about-street-fighter-4.html
For starters, that's really old.

Second, most people in the competitive community just accept the difficulty of this stuff and move on with it no problem. In fact, a lot of the reason why they made some of the stuff in SFIV the way they did is to emulate the complexity of one of if not the most beloved game in the Street Fighter community - Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks Marvel versus Capcom 2. MvC2 is horrifically complex and a dense fog for new players to get into, and Capcom decided to emulate that in SFIV knowing that the hardcore players wouldn't care about the complexities of inputs or links since they'd learn them anyway and the casual players wouldn't care since they think j.HK -> Sweep is teh uber1337 comb0z.

Sirlin was looking at it not from the perspective of a Street Fighter pro but from that of a game designer, which is essentially what he is now (though he's still a very good player). If say Justin Wong or Mike Ross or Daigo complained, I'd be more inclined to listen.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Wasn't gimping enough, I live for gimps. Now that Tinks got that instant gimp, I feel much more apt to pick him.
DDD is still my main though.
Just bye bye ZSS and Pikachu.

Top Bottom