• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

Tekk

Smash Lord
o_O ??? wth

that's strange, have you clicked on "download this file", then wait 45 sec then click on download it now ?
and it's "Shempi", from Ratatat, French electro band
I discovered it today, and I love their music.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
OH! I didn't tell you guys. I got a job at a 4 star restaurant :D
Congrats bro.

I hate the restaurant business and really never want to work in it again.

Good stuff for you though CRASHiC.
Explain xiivi!!!

I like how they gave Red's Pikachu the same moves as Ash's in the anime, yet they still say it's not Ash. =P
ITS NOT ASH IT'S RED.
RED IS COLOR AND DOESN'T TALK.
HIS POKEMON ALSO DON'T SUCK.

I <3'd G/S, I really hope they've fully extended HG/SS to the best it could be.
btw, Pokestudioremix is possibly the best "remixer" of Pokemon game songs.
No lie.
This guy is pretty cool.

Man, I love shutting down these people who think that any fighter is less flawed than Smash, especially since the majority of them don't even know what they are talking about.
You have no idea how tempted I am to get Marty in here. =S

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lmao so the red haired dude is giovanni's son?

his mom must be hot then

or maybe his mom is a female magmar

giovanni ur gross

GA Peach

Smash Lord
Man, I love shutting down these people who think that any fighter is less flawed than Smash, especially since the majority of them don't even know what they are talking about.
oh my God...you really enjoy making uninformed posts, don't you? Smash, especially Brawl, has MANY more COMPETITIVE flaws than other fighting games. for example, many options and stages have to be prohibited before the game can even be PLAYED in competition. also, with the way that the game works physics wise, characters are naturally, SIGNIFICANTLY better than others. not even in the way that, say, Sagat is to Chun-Li in SF4. matchups and tiers in Smash are MUCH more stratefied than almost any other fighting game, making some
characters and matchups, if played correctly, extremely difficult for someone to get around, regardless of skill level. i mean, characters outside of the top 6 placing incredibly high or winning is rare in Smash. and not to say it doesn't happen, but it can be very rare for this game. someone in the middle of the tier list of smash, like Mario, has MUCH more to overcome than someone in the middle of the tier list in SF4, like Chun-Li or Dhalsim. that's all i'll get into for now, but that should show you some of what i am talking about. smash is a very fun game, yes, but competitively, it can leave much to be desired.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
for example, many options and stages have to be prohibited before the game can even be PLAYED in competition
Akuma had to be banned in order for HD Remix to be played competitively.

also, with the way that the game works physics wise, characters are naturally, SIGNIFICANTLY better than others
This is with any fighting game. A charecter is only good if a charecter can abuse the systems of that game.
See Eddie.

matchups and tiers in Smash are MUCH more stratefied than almost any other fighting game, making somecharacters and matchups, if played correctly, extremely difficult for someone to get around, regardless of skill level.
Tier list in Guilty Gear are practically non-moving. They are exactly the same as when the game was released. The Brawl and Melee tier list have undergone massive changes over the years.

i mean, characters outside of the top 6 placing incredibly high or winning is rare in Smash. and not to say it doesn't happen, but it can be very rare for this game.
Compared to
1. chun li
2. chun li
3. chun li
4 chun li ?

Xif, I thought you were an Orange man.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
oh my God...you really enjoy making uninformed posts, don't you? Smash, especially Brawl, has MANY more COMPETITIVE flaws than other fighting games. for example, many options and stages have to be prohibited before the game can even be PLAYED in competition. also, with the way that the game works physics wise, characters are naturally, SIGNIFICANTLY better than others. not even in the way that, say, Sagat is to Chun-Li in SF4. matchups and tiers in Smash are MUCH more stratefied than almost any other fighting game, making some
characters and matchups, if played correctly, extremely difficult for someone to get around, regardless of skill level. i mean, characters outside of the top 6 placing incredibly high or winning is rare in Smash. and not to say it doesn't happen, but it can be very rare for this game. someone in the middle of the tier list of smash, like Mario, has MUCH more to overcome than someone in the middle of the tier list in SF4, like Chun-Li or Dhalsim. that's all i'll get into for now, but that should show you some of what i am talking about. smash is a very fun game, yes, but competitively, it can leave much to be desired.
Who the **** is that avatar of yours GAPeach? lol

GA Peach

Smash Lord
Akuma had to be banned in order for HD Remix to be played competitively.

This is with any fighting game. A charecter is only good if a charecter can abuse the systems of that game.
See Eddie.

Tier list in Guilty Gear are practically non-moving. They are exactly the same as when the game was released. The Brawl and Melee tier list have undergone massive changes over the years.

Compared to
1. chun li
2. chun li
3. chun li
4 chun li ?

Xif, I thought you were an Orange man.
wow, about to rip this apart...

1st point - Akuma was already banned in Super Turbo, where he was a very obscure hidden character. Sirlin attempted to balance him and failed. Sooo...you have Super Turbo, which had to ban a single hidden character to play competitively, or Smash, which has had to ban multiple stages, shut off items, make time and stock restraints, and ban many tactics, i.e. jab locks, glitches, etc. good stuff there, chief. you're really good at debating.

2nd point - i'm not talking about the system direction in the game, i'm talking about the character's natural physics, i.e. fastfalling(i can't believe i even have to explain the difference between physics and system direction... <_<). Fastfalling is a gigantic advantage in Smash, as it allows characters with it to move at speeds significantly faster than any other characters in the game. In a game where you can cancel your own lag off of aerials, it is important how fast you can hit the ground after performing an aerial. and, while it does hinder recovery, only Roy and Falco out of the fastfallers have a HUGE problem making it back to the ledge. that's only scratching the surface of that.

3rd point - ok, i guess i have to explain what stratefied means.
to arrange in a hierarchical order, esp. according to graded status levels. that's the meaning in a sociological perspective. in this context that i have used it, it means that although there are tiers in, say, SF4, the tiers are not as significant. mid tier characters in most SF games have far less to overcome than mid tier characters in smash, hands down. also, the GGXX tiers have changed very considerably . along with changing in every iteration of GGXX, the tier list within each one also shifted around considerably. not to mention, also, that people already knew how to play GGXX, as there were multiple versions of it, so people knew what to look for. Smash is a newer genre, so people didn't know how to play Melee initially, so obviously, the tiers shifted around a huge amount.

Final Point - ok, i don't even know how you were trying to disprove this one. not only did you not refute the point i made, you used an example of a game i wasn't even referring to, and the results from a single tournament. the top 8 at last year's Evo was all Chun-Li, i believe, but outside of that, it is rarely seen to come to that point. especially in Japanese tournaments, where they are at the top of the metagame. not to say it doesn't happen, but it is not as common.

bottom line, please get a clue.

oh yeah, my avatar is Halibel from Bleach. she's awesome. i just like having thick women on my avatar.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Man, I love shutting down these people who think that any fighter is less flawed than Smash
Yo, this is a good post and all and imma let you finish but Marvel vs Capcom 2 is one of the best fighting games of all time.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
who, me? lol

i didnt quit

i just prefer sheik/zelda!!!

edit: er, this post was directed to the last post on the previousp age LOL

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Oh, sorry Junk. I guess we all missed it.
I don't generally answer questions, as sometimes I give out wrong advice, or don't explain myself fully.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Marth boards do that **** all the time. >_> Lol.
Maybe only the days that end with Y. XD

But all and all, there are three Marth mains I know that would gladly answer some questions. Hmm, since this thread is about Pokemon, I guess that makes Dedede Delibird. O_o

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
LMAO

very nice

man crashic im only on episode 13 of eureka 7

but yeah the presence of anemone really made the story more intense lol

what a character

T3h Albino

Smash Master
I answer questions, but junks question was about something I couldn't do.
I have no wii atm, so I can't really try to test things or whatever. But I'm pretty sure i can Frame Perfect Shield Chain Grab.
Is marth walking away faster than him upb'ing or something?

This song has significant meaning to me as a dedede main.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_-kEgCk2ao
This song too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK62SZCWyZo

If you understand why respect +5

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Maybe only the days that end with Y. XD

But all and all, there are three Marth mains I know that would gladly answer some questions. Hmm, since this thread is about Pokemon, I guess that makes Dedede Delibird. O_o
Where the muck did you come from and how do you know when somebody says something about your Marth boards?
So weird...

Top Bottom