• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
But by the same standard of Rotom being legendary, that makes Aerodactyl legendary, which I do not agree with.

Also, moveset changes in heart gold are very interesting

mismagius - nasty plot
honchkrow - brave bird
feraligatr - aqua jet (+torrent+swords dance+flail+salac+endure = win)
aggron - head smash
walrein - super fang
urasaring - belly drum
Featherdance- Piplup
Magmortar- belly drum
Brave Bird- Ho-oh
Dratini- E-Speed
Quagsire- Recover
Jynx- Nasty Plot
Ponyta- Morning Sun
Absol- Megahorn
Smoochum-Nasty Plot
Cleffa- Aromatherapy
Honchkrow- Brave Bird
Cyndaquil- Extrasensory
Qwilfish- Aqua Jet
Lugia- Weather Ball, Dragon Rush
Kyogre-Muddy Water, Aqua Ring
Groudon- Lava Plume, Hammer Arm
Rayquaza- Hyper Voice, Air Slash
Hippopotas- Dig
Dialga- Power Gem, Metal Burst
Palkia-Power Gem, Hydro Pump
Giratina- Shadow Sneak, Destiny Bond
Turtwig- Stockpile
Absol- Megahorn
growlithe- morning sun
bellsprout- weatherball
mudkip- yawn
Nidoking- Head Smash
Gardevoir- Encore
venasaur- Block

and

crawdaunt - dragon dance

. . . wtf?

Nasty Plot/Baton Pass Mr. Mime OMG
There are more. These are just the ones I could pick off the list. There are tons of pokemon getting Hyper Fang and Pain Split.

One I didn't mention, Weavile gets Low Kick. That is a one hit kill on Heatran with Life Orb.
And boo at Gates taking my joke to another level :(

AND WTF AT SCIZOR GETTING BUG BITE

60 x 1.5 Technician = 90
90 + (60 x 1.5 STAB) = 120
WHAT THE HELL GAMEFREAK
Soo... Wtf Scizor. I don't see many people using bug bite though.

U-turn is just so much better in every way. Maybe on an agility/SD scizor with Life orb. meh Idk.

Also. Mismagius + Crawdaunt + Swampy + Feraligatr + Quagsire + Dragonie got major buffs. Espeed on Dragonite? wtf.

Also lol @ giratina getting Destiny Bond. Gamefreak is ****ing up.

Edit: WTFFFF GRAVITY META >_>. and Belly drum + Aqua jet = illegal, according to smogon.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I find it a bit funny that whenever we have a pokemon discussion, Nya jumps in :p

Regardless, Scizor is becoming Uber in the future. Designers just seem to give him more things that make him retardedly good.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Azumarill with Belly Drum....xDDD So good.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Scizor4ubers?

What does Power Gem even do?

And I'm glad Feraligatr is getting Aqua Jet. He was always my favorite of the second gen starters and I'm glad to see he's being improved.

Why is Belly Drum + Aqua Jet illegal?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I'm sorry, I really don't see how Gravity Metagross is that threatening. He's still vulnerable to EQ and with so many Scizors running around in OU these days everyone has a fire type on their team anyway.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I'm sorry, I really don't see how Gravity Metagross is that threatening. He's still vulnerable to EQ and with so many Scizors running around in OU these days everyone has a fire type on their team anyway.
Gravity makes it to where he can make any levitating pokemon come down to his level and earthquake them.
He's lost his own true viable counter, Rotom.

Oh, and the biggest **** storm, Blissy knows Block O_O

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Sometimes it's like they think up the most ****ed up combination of moves/ability and give it to a Pokemon nowadays.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Gross is gonna be ****in **** up lol.

Ursaring with Belly Drum is gonna be so boss, as is azumaril now that she doesn't need smeargle to pass to her.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
Scizor4ubers?

What does Power Gem even do?

And I'm glad Feraligatr is getting Aqua Jet. He was always my favorite of the second gen starters and I'm glad to see he's being improved.

Why is Belly Drum + Aqua Jet illegal?
Power gem = rock. base poer = 70. accuracy 100. 20pp.

It's impossible to breed an azumarill knowing both belly drum and aqua jet.
Lol I'm stupid I was thinking about magnet rise.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
See, I just want them to do that to every pokemon. Then it will be fine.
Just wait, next gen, everyone will be Uber, and then there will be peace.

Except for ****ing farfetch. He'll always be **** tier.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Some of these moves don't even make sense, lol. I really hate when pokemon have moves I can't even see them using. Absol using Megahorn? Cyndaquil using Extrasensory? Blissey using Block? ._. How would that even look?

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Absol has a weird horn thing.
Blissy blocks you with her fat ***.
I don't mind them giving pokemon moves that make no sense. I want them to make competative pokemon better, which they seem to be trying to do, just kinda in the wrong ways. It really looks to me like they want more pokemon to be uber to balance out against all the legendaries we have now. If Blissy and Scizor go Uber, a lot of pokemon will be much better off now.
Blissey is the new Wobbofet.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
No pokemon can ever match the gayiety that is Wobbufet.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Can you imagine Blissy trapping your special sweeper or your wall?
It turn into a waiting game, you'd never kill her.
Oh, AND she can power up while you are stuck and blocked, making herself a better wall :/
Blissy is going to have to go uber, though she won't replace Wobbufet.
Scizor having a 135 stab move is too much. 120 was bad enough.
Both of these getting sent to uber will provide for a much deeper metagame, allowing for more diverse walls and offense pokemon. Weavile will be very prominent once Scizor is gone, because then Heatran will fall. Plus, Weavile can OHKO Heatran now with low kick.
Dragonite needed a boost.
And a lot of other boost were much needed.
The only thing we needed more of were rapidspinners. Hopefully, whirlwind will blow away debree next game. This I would like to see.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Gravity makes it to where he can make any levitating pokemon come down to his level and earthquake them.
He's lost his own true viable counter, Rotom.
Yeah that's true. Still though, he's not that hard to kill by some common leads before gravity comes down. Gliscor and Bronzong are common leads that both know EQ and I'm pretty sure Aerodactyl can learn it, so all that really matters is hitting him with EQ turn 1 when he uses Gravity and then setting up Stealth Rock afterwards instead of setting up Stealth Rock before you Earthquake him. Hell, Aerodactyl can just Taunt him.

Oh, and the biggest **** storm, Blissy knows Block O_O
omg ****.

I can just see it now.

Block
Softboiled
Calm Mind
Flamethrower/Ice Beam/Thunder/Splash/we

Blissey is basically an infinitely improved Wobbuffet now.

Of course I love Wobbuffet (I have a team of 6 Wobbuffet that catches people who don't check for species clause off guard occasionally) so this is awesome, but still.

Based on these 2 changes alone though, Taunt is going to become a lot better in OU.

Power gem = rock. base poer = 70. accuracy 100. 20pp.
Physical or Special? Any additional effects?

Also, I meant to post this earlier but couldn't find it.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Just like...put it in paint and put black stuff over it. x.o

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
How is Stallrein auto two kills?
Something stupid.

I forgot how it runs, but basically, the hail = Death in some amount of turns (16 I think).

Stallrein w/ leftovers and Ice body runs
Sub
Protect
Toxic/Roar/Encore
Surf/blizzard

Subs take 25%. Ice body + leftovers = 12.5 % I think. So just... Sub -> protect -> Sub -> protect for 32 turns straight lol.

If you don't break the sub, you'll get toxiced or something. It's REALLY annoying.
Wobbufet deserves to be amazing.

It's Wobbufet.
This is true.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Something stupid.

I forgot how it runs, but basically, the hail = Death in some amount of turns (16 I think).

Stallrein w/ leftovers and Ice body runs
Sub
Protect
Toxic/Roar/Encore
Surf/blizzard

Subs take 25%. Ice body + leftovers = 12.5 % I think. So just... Sub -> protect -> Sub -> protect for 32 turns straight lol.

If you don't break the sub, you'll get toxiced or something. It's REALLY annoying.
That's annoying but not broken.

And again, Taunt is really good.

This or Karina will go all "Nya~! 3:<" on you.
DO IT ******!

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
omg ****.

I can just see it now.

Block
Softboiled
Calm Mind
Flamethrower/Ice Beam/Thunder/Splash/we
Replace the Softboiled with substitute.
Someone is going to want to switch in after the block and close combat you.
This will allow Blissy to survive two to three close combats assuming a base attack of 350.

Personally, I'm more worried about what Blissy can set up for others, and I was speaking about defensive set ups anyway.
Light Screen, Wish, Stealth Rock, Heal Bell, Sandstorm, Toxic, Safeguard, Rain Dance, Gravity, all great options while under a block.

Also, sad news, Azumeril can not learn Aqua Jet, it was a hoax :( Don't worry though, Fraligator can still learn it through breeding.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Also, I meant to post this earlier but couldn't find it.
HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! OH MY GOD! HAHHAAHAHHA

MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

anyway

in heart gold/soul silver, is it true they're bringing back extremespeed dragonite? that would be too good haha

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
in heart gold/soul silver, is it true they're bringing back extremespeed dragonite? that would be too good haha
Yeah, they are.
I wonder how well that will work out.
Maybe someone can find a use for it, but a choice banded one only did about half on Ninjask.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Well, I had the defense evs and hp evs all the way up on Ninjask.

Oh **** yeah, Waillord got Aqua Ring.
And Aerodactyl with tail wind is gonna be pretty pimp. He's going to be an even better starter.
Spirittomb, Rotom, and Duscknoir getting pain split gonna be a *****.
Garedevoir has some of the best updates
Gardevoir: Pain Split, Role Play, Heal Bell, Headbutt, Encore
Tyranatar also gets block

Jupz

Smash Master
I did pretty terrible today, I came 9th :(

The first match I lost was against a MK user that ended up coming 2nd. For some ******** reason I went IC first match and got two stocked. Second match I beat him in MK dittos then third match I was winning like 120% - 70% and he landed an UpB offstage against me and killed me :(

Then I had to verse a toon link and I just played absolutely terribly. Lost both games.

At least I got to meet technodeath (great ganon btw, but i never got to verse your DDD :( ) and I came second in doubles.

Top Bottom