• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Seibrik's D3 vs CO18's MK:

Clash of the FL #1 spot!

=3 Go [insert name]! We believe in you [insert name]!

Discuss.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Ew hell no. I'll admit to being a scrub as long as you don't compare me to Inui >.>
I'm glad you finally admit that you're a scrub.

EDIT: Why the **** am I not in the DeDeDe backroom or the REAL DeDeDe backroom? >.>
1. The original Dedede backroom is (or was I guess) a joke. We almost never discussed anything relevant to the metagame and it was overcrowded with about 3 random forum active members of questionable skill (myself included) to every 1 actual good player. It was also the most random **** ever half the time...I remember at one point we all talked about our height which started after I made a comment about how short lain looked compared to Fogo (lain is actually decently tall btw, Fogo is just gigantic).

2. You haven't been let into the REAL Dedede backroom because frankly you haven't proven that you're as good as you say you are. CO18, Seibrik, Atomsk, and lain are in there because they've proven how good they are through tourney results. So far all you've done is justify your claims for how good you are with "well CO18 thinks I'm good so blah blah blah" and you've gotten, what, 7th at some random tourney with some pathetic "bracket screwed" johns? I think I was wrong for comparing you to Inui because for all his self-worship and doucheiness he has the tourney results to back his **** up. You, on the other hand, pretty much just plaster that quote from CO18 everywhere at every opportunity. Also, haven't you gotten worse since you started chaingrabbing?

Buuman

Smash Ace

1. The original Dedede backroom is (or was I guess) a joke. We almost never discussed anything relevant to the metagame and it was overcrowded with about 3 random forum active members of questionable skill (myself included) to every 1 actual good player. It was also the most random **** ever half the time...I remember at one point we all talked about our height which started after I made a comment about how short lain looked compared to Fogo (lain is actually decently tall btw, Fogo is just gigantic).

2. You haven't been let into the REAL Dedede backroom because frankly you haven't proven that you're as good as you say you are. CO18, Seibrik, Atomsk, and lain are in there because they've proven how good they are through tourney results. So far all you've done is justify your claims for how good you are with "well CO18 thinks I'm good so blah blah blah" and you've gotten, what, 7th at some random tourney with some pathetic "bracket screwed" johns? I think I was wrong for comparing you to Inui because for all his self-worship and doucheiness he has the tourney results to back his **** up. You, on the other hand, pretty much just plaster that quote from CO18 everywhere at every opportunity. Also, haven't you gotten worse since you started chaingrabbing?
omg, get owned. I love you gates xD

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
psshh, you should wait for the new AT almost every character can do...

and let's just say it gives jiggs a granted rest,

a ganon 0-death, a granted shield break with snake and muuuuuuuuuuuch more

;DDDD

seibrik found it out, i was the test dummy. :)
he'll release a video soon.
:O That's crazy.
Seib is crazy.
What the **** is in that fanny pack of his.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Well it definitely has powerthirst in it since both his Dedede, his Snake, and his Ganon have ENERGY LEGS.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Guys, I know something gayer than DDD doubles.
A.B.A. doubles.
Holy ****. Every match starts out with bock back dashing, then whoever makes the first move losses the match. Its ridiculous.
I don't know, I hate doubles anyway for any character soo hahahaha.

Oh well, she's still ****ing amazing.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I'm pretty sure he got 5th at his tournament. Losing to Reflex 1st round of winners. Reflex is #1 on his States PR.

He then battled his way in Loser's up to 5th place, where he had lost to.. non-other, then the 3rd on his State's PR.

I think the fact that he had to play his state's best player first round is a pretty legit bracket john.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
that girl is bleeding on her nipple
Actually, she doesn't have a nipple. She isn't human, she was made in a lab. You'll also notice she shoved a key through her head where her brain should be.
A better observation would be that she has blood draining from her boobs that she feeds to the giant key.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
If you are #1, of course there isn't.

But you know, everyone is afraid of facing some random scrub off wifi, amirite?
That's not the point. If you have the confidence that you will win regardless of who you play, then there is no point in complaining and whining about who you face. You will win or you will lose why would you go into a match thinking you were going to lose before it even has happend. It is astounding to me how many people have confidence issue's at tournaments. What the hell do you guys practice for? To go to a tourney thinking "**** i hope i don't play that guy"?

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I don't know about you guys, but when I played most people at my first tournament, I got very intimidated and got my *** whopped. Not because I thought they were way better than me (though Chops was, no doubt about that) but because, I don't know, first tournament jitters I guess. I mean, DFEAR even suggested that I use uptilt more and I just stared at him and didn't know what to say. I knew I should, and knew when to, just for some reason, the only thing I could do was spam grab. I did my research and everything, I just got all ****ed up in the head by being there. And that whole time I kept thinking, At least 40 people better show up or I'll be about a hundred in the whole, so I had money on my mind too. Still though, **** was fun. I just need to get my *** whooped a few more times by really good people, and I think it will vanish.
How'd your first tournaments go? Anyone else get the same thing?

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
omg, get owned. I love you gates xD
I think somebody can get infracted for saying something like that about a moderator Buuman. :)
At Crashic: Yes pretty much the same thing. We're all human and get the same feelings through the same experiences. And yes you have a point there Albino, no joke.

Drugs and smoking are for mentally weak people, that's all I have to say. Don't let the Millenium Rod control you. Fight the pain and don't continue the drug.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
i went to my first tournament not knowing anyone in the community. I first was introduced to umby and i thought he was wierd kuz he talked when he played. The only thing i had done was play wifi prior to the tourney. I Got whooped by some random snake and some random falco/mk *Neo-X* and uhh went 0-2. This is where i first met Kismet,Reflex,Biglou,Elev8, and Desu. We all chilled after the tourney was over. Uhmm going in i wasn't really intimidated rather i was just awestruck at how many people were there playing games and ****. I mean i realized i wouldnt do well when i couldn't cg the snake i was playing and got wrecked. Next tournament i placed 7th though so it was all good.

SuSa

That's not the point. If you have the confidence that you will win regardless of who you play, then there is no point in complaining and whining about who you face. You will win or you will lose why would you go into a match thinking you were going to lose before it even has happend. It is astounding to me how many people have confidence issue's at tournaments. What the hell do you guys practice for? To go to a tourney thinking "**** i hope i don't play that guy"?
Just because you think you will beat M2K doesn't mean you will.

There are people that will be better then you, that's how **** works. Unless you are the best.

I go to tournaments hoping to at least PLACE. Of course I go with the mentality that I will win that **** and be #1, but that is not always the case.

I had DSF 3rd round of winners at my last tournament. That ****ing sucked. I had him right after Typh (whom I was afraid of, but still beat. Regardless of the fact I had a suspicion that I would lose) I then lost to DSF - but only by 1 stock each game, due to my errors. If we brawl again, I am certain I will win next time. However, that was pretty bracket ****ed.

My teammate (Bigfoot) got 4th, while I got 5th. Yet when I $1 MM'd him, I 3 stocked him, then 2 stocked him. It was the easiest dollar I ever made. I am certain that if I had his side of the bracket, I would have at LEAST gotten 4th. But he would have had to face Rich Brown in Losers, and he (simply put) does better against Rich Brown then myself. If he knocked out Rich, I'd face him (or was it Larry) (I was confidant I could beat Larry. He's a Falco main, I've never lost a set to a Falco.) and then if I beat Larry, I would have faced (or split) with DSF. I would have gotten 2nd or 3rd instead of 5th place.

But I didn't? Want to know why? I got to face DSF (arguably the best player at the tourney) then Rich Brown (Snake vs Olimar. FUN matchup, glad I never have to deal with it again)

To me, that is a pretty ****ty bracket. It's like going to pools, and some random's pool looks like:
Ally
M2K
Lain
Razer
Dojo
Ilikepie18

There are easy brackets, there are hard brackets. It will determine where you place. It's like M2K being knocked out of Winners 1st round, then just demolishing every single person he faces in Losers. I bet you wouldn't want him on your side of the bracket in Loser's.....

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
in i wasn't really intimidated rather i was just awestruck
Yeah, that describes what happened to me too. I wasn't intimidated per say. I knew I was better than the Marth I fought, and slightly better than the Falco, just didn't know the matchup (and as I said before, he took advantage of me by going to Smashville twice >_> ). It wasn't that I was all "gonna get my *** beat!" just more Holy ****, this is awsome, what do I do!" Plus I had to run a tournament while I was there so hahahahahahaha. That didn't go so extremely well. It ran . . alright. There was so minor issues, and a lot of the work got slammed on one guy, who I still need to make it up too.

Seib, please hurry up on that AT. My mind is boggling from trying to figure out what in the world gives Ganon a 0 to death, and snake a way to break all shields, and jiggs an instant guaranteed rest. What the **** did you find?
Hurry, and I'll tell you a way to double MKs dtilt's range

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Just because you think you will beat M2K doesn't mean you will.

There are people that will be better then you, that's how **** works. Unless you are the best.

I go to tournaments hoping to at least PLACE. Of course I go with the mentality that I will win that **** and be #1, but that is not always the case.

I had DSF 3rd round of winners at my last tournament. That ****ing sucked. I had him right after Typh (whom I was afraid of, but still beat. Regardless of the fact I had a suspicion that I would lose) I then lost to DSF - but only by 1 stock each game, due to my errors. If we brawl again, I am certain I will win next time. However, that was pretty bracket ****ed.

My teammate (Bigfoot) got 4th, while I got 5th. Yet when I $1 MM'd him, I 3 stocked him, then 2 stocked him. It was the easiest dollar I ever made. I am certain that if I had his side of the bracket, I would have at LEAST gotten 4th. But he would have had to face Rich Brown in Losers, and he (simply put) does better against Rich Brown then myself. If he knocked out Rich, I'd face him (or was it Larry) (I was confidant I could beat Larry. He's a Falco main, I've never lost a set to a Falco.) and then if I beat Larry, I would have faced (or split) with DSF. I would have gotten 2nd or 3rd instead of 5th place.

But I didn't? Want to know why? I got to face DSF (arguably the best player at the tourney) then Rich Brown (Snake vs Olimar. FUN matchup, glad I never have to deal with it again)

To me, that is a pretty ****ty bracket. It's like going to pools, and some random's pool looks like:
Ally
M2K
Lain
Razer
Dojo
Ilikepie18

There are easy brackets, there are hard brackets. It will determine where you place. It's like M2K being knocked out of Winners 1st round, then just demolishing every single person he faces in Losers. I bet you wouldn't want him on your side of the bracket in Loser's.....
Pools and brackets are different things any pool that looks like that obviously was a tournament with terrible seeding. Like terribad seeding. Regardless my point wasn't that you're going to win everytime. My point was that you don't go to a tournament to lose you go to win. You go to play better than you have ever played before and to try and take home the gold. Your mentality should be oh DSF he's pretty good but ill win. That doesn't mean that you should be on Cloud 9 and think that **** will be easy but don't go into a touranment thinking that you're gonna get scrubbed. Ofcourse having the best player in the Nation on my side of the bracket would be unfortunate, but i wouldn't dread it and i hella wouldn't go in with a losing attitude. I mean if i make it far in a tournament it's for a **** reason, and im not going to go into a match no matter WHO THE HELL it is thinking "this is teh end of road for my sorry ***".

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Whoa wtf is this?

I leave to go to sleep and I get bum****ed?

EDIT: Lemme go back and requote all of this so I can have a legit arguement. >.> Gawd Gates.

SuSa

Pools and brackets are different things any pool that looks like that obviously was a tournament with terrible seeding. Like terribad seeding. Regardless my point wasn't that you're going to win everytime. My point was that you don't go to a tournament to lose you go to win. You go to play better than you have ever played before and to try and take home the gold. Your mentality should be oh DSF he's pretty good but ill win. That doesn't mean that you should be on Cloud 9 and think that **** will be easy but don't go into a touranment thinking that you're gonna get scrubbed. Ofcourse having the best player in the Nation on my side of the bracket would be unfortunate, but i wouldn't dread it and i hella wouldn't go in with a losing attitude. I mean if i make it far in a tournament it's for a **** reason, and im not going to go into a match no matter WHO THE HELL it is thinking "this is teh end of road for my sorry ***".
Now imagine that pool, but any 2 of those players being in your bracket.

I went in thinking "DSF is pretty good, and I'm going to lose - but I'm going to put up a fight". That is my attitude going into every single match I play. I've beaten some well known players. (At least for SoCal). This mentality works for me.

What I'm saying - is no matter what your mentality is, that will not guarentee you the win.

If you went to a 200 man tournament, and had M2K your second round (assuming you made it out of pools). How far do you really expect to place? Do you expect to still place top 25 then if you had an easier bracket?

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
What new AT? o_o

Edit: Oh, sup. I play ICs, Dedede, and Marth. And others.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy

Lawl. I just need to be in more groups that relate to D3 >.>

Gates said:
2. You haven't been let into the REAL Dedede backroom because frankly you haven't proven that you're as good as you say you are.
While this is true, I still have to say that in my defense, nobody has actually had anything to prove that I am and am not what I say I am. Just because I have self-confidence doesn't mean I have to throw my self-respect on the line by posting videos of me ****** random dudes while on the other side I get my *** handed to me on a silver platter filled with random biscuits by pros that actually read what I do and counter.

Gates said:
CO18, Seibrik, Atomsk, and lain are in there because they've proven how good they are through tourney results. So far all you've done is justify your claims for how good you are with "well CO18 thinks I'm good so blah blah blah" and you've gotten, what, 7th at some random tourney with some pathetic "bracket screwed" johns?
TBH, I was more pathetic to actually think I did well. I wasnt even content with doing this and getting ***** by Reflex.

As a matter of fact, after that all went down, I was more let down than what I usually do with my mediocre performance that are actually tourney-related. I was actually just going to stick to wifi until SuSa puffed up my ego with "you did good with your first tourney" and thats where I think I got carried away.

I think I was wrong for comparing you to Inui because for all his self-worship and doucheiness he has the tourney results to back his **** up. You, on the other hand, pretty much just plaster that quote from CO18 everywhere at every opportunity.
That is a signature. I have been too lazy to change it to something better.

As to Inui actually having results, I on the other hand have been dealing with **** on getting around so I can actually make myself look like good and would actually take the time to say "Hello". But as to why I even signatured this in the first place is because that tipped me over the edge with the bull**** tourney result in the first place and actually made me believe I was someone.

Also, haven't you gotten worse since you started chaingrabbing?
I really dont know. I guess that since I trained myself to be good with not CG'ing, it's just been what has thrown off my game. It has also affected my air game and turned my ground game into a bit of a wreck now that people have been telling me I'm too focused on CG'ing. But as to actually getting better, no, I don't think I have.

Top Bottom